Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

We've been getting all these hints since late 2012. It's so nerve-wracking!!

We've been getting all these hints since late 2012. It's so nerve-wracking!!

it really is, like. it feels like we're getting closer now as we know thing's are in the works and they'll be soon revealed. very exciting times.

and i agree with you kopv, this may happen just once or twice more in the next 30 years.. we gotta cherish this :) fantastic times.

They're should reveal some concrete news, this little hints it's annoying by right now. They say this hints about new album almost for 1 year and still no any little NEWS......

The anticipation is killing me in a wonderful way... please don't disappoint Estate.

so many thing's? to me "so many" means like 30 thing's :p it'll be interesting to see what Michael Prince means in the end!

The Estate has not given any hints or clues. They won't state anything . They are mute like MJ. They want it to be a suprize. They will announce it when its the right time .. Not on our time - Their time .. How can anyone tell them when they should announce when you are clueless ..

The Estate has not given any hints or clues. They won't state anything . They are mute like MJ. They want it to be a suprize. They will announce it when its the right time .. Not on our time - Their time .. How can anyone tell them when they should announce when you are clueless ..

I'm not telling them when to announce I simply posted Michael Durham Prince's post saying "there are so many exciting thing's in the works, all will be revealed when the time is right... never stop believing." so, yeah.. we know something huge is on the way.

One thing I do know is that the first single must be something extremely catchy that will get played in the clubs. The first single should NOT be a ballad. Upbeat songs catch people's attention much better I find

I'm not telling them when to announce I simply posted Michael Durham Prince's post saying "there are so many exciting thing's in the works, all will be revealed when the time is right... never stop believing." so, yeah.. we know something huge is on the way.
I didn't quote you or say you said anything .. I was addressing those who say when it should be announced. Like they know.. Yes Something Big is coming.:)

I didn't quote you or say you said anything .. I was addressing those who say when it should be announced. Like they know.. Yes Something Big is coming.:)

what do you think the "right time" is to MD Prince? you think it's the next few months possibly or later in the year so they can put a little more work into these "many thing's"? :)

the right time better be SOON cuz i can't wait much longer!!!

One thing I do know is that the first single must be something extremely catchy that will get played in the clubs. The first single should NOT be a ballad. Upbeat songs catch people's attention much better I find
They can't pull that off like MJ did.

the right time better be SOON cuz i can't wait much longer!!!
An announcement would be nice, but I'm willing to wait considering Bad 25 was only about a year ago. If they don't spread out these MJ releases, they'll become too common. I don't think overexposure, especially for an artist not here, is good.

They can't pull that off like MJ did.

An announcement would be nice, but I'm willing to wait considering Bad 25 was only about a year ago. If they don't spread out these MJ releases, they'll become too common. I don't think overexposure, especially for an artist not here, is good.

If they put out a new album over the next couple of months i certainly don't think it would be overexposure. Bad 25 has been the only big release over the past couple of years (not counting MJ ONE). I think there has been a good amount of time in between products actually.

Thanks to Zakk

ser9.jpg

Who says that he is referring to Michael Jackson related projects?

he more than likely is, by the hints he's been dropping for the past year or so. personally i think something massive is coming this year, probably around summer. just going by what michael prince has said & has revealed (i.e pics with bruce swedien & brad buxer + the pics of Michael's hard drives etc.)

one of them, it ain't the best though! it could work on a future release as Michael's agressive voice is similar to how it's always been! I honestly think APWNN, Escape & Blue Gangsta are the best I've heard :)

"Look what you've done to me baby, I can no longer smile baby"

:swoon:

"Look what you've done to me baby, I can no longer smile baby"

:swoon:

Blue Gangsta could have been number one, a similar short film style as smooth criminal & the vocals, the instrumentals. that song is just epic.

Blue Gangsta could have been number one, a similar short film style as smooth criminal & the vocals, the instrumentals. that song is just epic.

I agree with u Zakk,its awesome song :)

Mj usually made over a hundred songs pcs for an album but why there're only a few finished/releasable songs in the vault? hmm..A lot of fans seem to like blue gangsta, I just never like it. I think Sttr is the best unreleased song and hope it will be included this time. I'm so lookin forward to its success. U know that feeling when u see him doing well in charts. :)

Last edited:

he more than likely is, by the hints he's been dropping for the past year or so. personally i think something massive is coming this year, probably around summer. just going by what michael prince has said & has revealed (i.e pics with bruce swedien & brad buxer + the pics of Michael's hard drives etc.)

Nothing of the above were confirmed. Don't get your hopes up. Let the estate surprise us.

In the Mj world, theres never a lack of anticipation filled with excitement. I waited since 2005 for an Mj album and a world tour but it never happened but of course things changed after his death.

Nothing of the above were confirmed. Don't get your hopes up. Let the estate surprise us.

he's working first hand on the project along with sony it seems, so i can believe what he is saying. i can expect something to be said by the estate soon enough though, i hope anyway.

does anyone have documented everything we KNOW so far?

Well, considering he's probably bombarded with tweet after tweet regarding the Michael Jackson project on a daily basis, one would imagine that he's hinting towards that. Besides, that's what most people are visiting his Twitter page for anyways.

does anyone have documented everything we KNOW so far?

This is what I've gathered:

• Dr. Freeze has confirmed his involvement, saying that two of the songs he produced with Michael, A Place With No Name and Blue Gangsta, are both set to appear on the album.
  • Michael Prince has hinted that he and Brad Buxer are involved in some way.
  • Timbaland has confirmed his involvement, sharing his opinion that an unreleased song titled Chicago should be released as the debut single. (This is not saying that the track Chicago will appear on the album, but that it is his own personal opinion that it should.)
  • Though Rodney Jerkins has denied his involvement, his brother Fred Jerkins III has commented that they are indeed working on the project, and hopes to release long discussed studio footage from the Invincible sessions.
  • Musician Al Berry recorded bass for at least one song in late August 2013.
  • The Estate is considering releasing the album with two different versions of each song - one will be the original, untouched recording as Michael left it, while the other will be a reproduced version from a new producer.
  • According to Dr. Freeze, the album will be released this spring.

Additionally, considering the MJ/Freddie Mercury collaborations still haven't been released, I'm begging to suspect that they'll surface on the album. I'd prefer that they don't -- truth be told, neither State of Shock nor There Must Be More to Life Than This leave any impression on me -- but it looks like it's a possibility.

Well, considering he's probably bombarded with tweet after tweet regarding the Michael Jackson project on a daily basis, one would imagine that he's hinting towards that. Besides, that's what most people are visiting his Twitter page for anyways.

This is what I've gathered:

• Dr. Freeze has confirmed his involvement, saying that two of the songs he produced with Michael, A Place With No Name and Blue Gangsta, are both set to appear on the album.
  • Michael Prince has hinted that he and Brad Buxer are involved in some way.
  • Timbaland has confirmed his involvement, sharing his opinion that an unreleased song titled Chicago should be released as the debut single. (This is not saying that the track Chicago will appear on the album, but that it is his own personal opinion that it should.)
  • Though Rodney Jerkins has denied his involvement, his brother Fred Jerkins III has commented that they are indeed working on the project, and hopes to release long discussed studio footage from the Invincible sessions.
  • Musician Al Berry recorded bass for at least one song in late August 2013.
  • The Estate is considering releasing the album with two different versions of each song - one will be the original, untouched recording as Michael left it, while the other will be a reproduced version from a new producer.
  • According to Dr. Freeze, the album will be released this spring.

Additionally, considering the MJ/Freddie Mercury collaborations still haven't been released, I'm begging to suspect that they'll surface on the album. I'd prefer that they don't -- truth be told, neither State of Shock nor There Must Be More to Life Than This leave any impression on me -- but it looks like it's a possibility.

thanks for this list of info :) fantastic, I think MP's latest hints show something is definitely coming soon! and Brian May said the New Queen album may be released this summer after restoring them, not confirmed yet though. Whatever may come of this, I honestly think it'll be fantastic in the end. really hope we
can get those studio recording sessions also, hopefully more than half of the tracks will be unleaked & 2 Song's from 2005-2009. that along with the last PhotoShoots, this should be a great year for Michael releases.

hopes to release long discussed studio footage from the Invincible sessions.
WOW!That would be awesome! :)

hopes to release long discussed studio footage from the Invincible sessions.
WOW!That would be awesome! :)

It sure would!!! :woohoo:
They could produce a mini documentary or something, put it out on TV and perhaps include it on an extra DVD with the special edition of the album or something!

I'm glad the Estate is taking their time with this project. Judging from all the rumours so far, this project has some serious potential to be amazing :D

It sure would!!! :woohoo:
They could produce a mini documentary or something, put it out on TV and perhaps include it on an extra DVD with the special edition of the album or something!

I'm glad the Estate is taking their time with this project. Judging from all the rumours so far, this project has some serious potential to be amazing :D

I'm sure it will be amazing, but there's no point in doing a (studio documentary)i'd rather them put out the raw footage if I'm honest! looking forward to it all though, just can't be washed out with documentaries all the time! that's what the 4 we already have are for :p

I'm sure it will be amazing, but there's no point in doing a (studio documentary)i'd rather them put out the raw footage if I'm honest! looking forward to it all though, just can't be washed out with documentaries all the time! that's what the 4 we already have are for :p

I think either could work. If they were to do a documentary, I don't mean a fullscale 2 hours doco like Bad 25, I just mean a short (like... up to 30? minutes) documentary on MJ working on the songs featured on the new album, with interviews only with the people you see him working with in the footage. I don't think it should be released on it's own like Bad 25, it should be packaged with the special edition of the album and on a few TV networks around the time of release.

Raw footage could work too, though it probably wouldn't be fit for television. You could probably have the DVD menu showcase a list of songs on the new album, choose a song and it'll show you chronologically ordered raw footage of MJ and the producers working on the songs or something. I'd probably like the latter option to be honest hehe. I'd be happy either way to be honest! :p

Last edited:
Back