Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Looking at the (almost) confirmed track list, taking the reviews into account, and hearing the 'snippets', this album is already exceeding my expectations!

If Sony can promote the album, and a couple of singles, properly, then I am confident MJ can be back where he belongs - at the top of the charts!!

'bad25' asked what the biggest selling album WORLDWIDE 2013 is. and that is 'Bruno Mars - Unorthodox Jukebox' wiht 4 mio
Go check that if u dont believe.

Relax, I just wanted to put the information out. For those who were wondering, here is the full list:

Best-Selling Albums of 2013 (Worldwide)
1. "Unorthodox Jukebox" Bruno Mars* - 3,929,000
2. "The 20/20 Experience" Justin Timberlake - 3,577,000
3. "Random Access Memories" Daft Punk - 2,920,000
4. "The Truth About Love" P!nk* - 2,728,000
5. "The Marshall Matters LP 2" Eminem - 2,665,000
6. "Night Visions" Imagine Dragons* - 2,194,000
7. "Babel" Mumford & Sons* - 2,127,000*
8. "Midnight Memories" One Direction - 2,090,000
9. "Take Me Home" One Direction* - 2,021,000*
10. "To Be Loved" Michael Buble - 1,939,000

But let's not forget that Unorthodox Jukebox came out in late 2012, which gave it at least four months on The 20/20 Experience. And it is a close race, but personally I find Justin's album to be better. Also, the fact that One Direction appears twice and Daft Punk appears at all disappoints me majorly. But I digress.

'bad25' asked what the biggest selling album WORLDWIDE 2013 is. and that is 'Bruno Mars - Unorthodox Jukebox' wiht 4 mio
Go check that if u dont believe.

The majority of your posts in this thread smack of negativity, I'm not sure why..

---

This is all very exciting, and it's pleasing to see they're taking much more care with the material than they did with the Michael album.

I don't wish to sound negative, it's merely a thought, but this whole project currently seems like a big promotion for the Xperia Z2 phone, as if they created the album purely as a way of showing the phone off. Playing the album through the phone, using STTR on all the promotional videos, including the album with the phone, it's all a little strange. I'm sure this is just phase one of a bigger marketing campaign purely surrounding the album so my point is most likely moot, but it was just one of the first thoughts I had.

Again, massively looking forward to the album, a day one purchase for sure.

MJ and Stargate together from 2007:

2120753.jpg

ManBag :jumpcrazy

Looking at the Reviews of the press preview night they are all pretty much good reviews.
I'm just glad the Estate have made to decision to make 2 copies one being a Deluxe edition.
Really think we are going to get the best possible Album they could of achieved.

2014 is going to be Michaels year!

Michael Jackson - Xscape (Deluxe) is now #8 on the Danish iTunes Top Selling albums! - And it's the only one that has not even been released yet!!

Michael Jackson's This Is It is #95 - don't know why that is so high - but great! :)

I can NOT find Xscape normal edition on the danish iTunes - it is not there!! - Also - it is not anywhere to be found on the top selling albums top 200. - and since Deluxe is #8 surely the normal edition would also be there somewhere - BUT it is not available yet on danish iTunes!

Album drops 6 weeks from today !!!

So does my wife............well the baby is due then ha ha, know what I am listening to in the Labour room :punk:

Michael Jackson - Xscape (Deluxe) is now #8 on the Danish iTunes Top Selling albums! - And it's the only one that has not even been released yet!!

Michael Jackson's This Is It is #95 - don't know why that is so high - but great! :)

I can NOT find Xscape normal edition on the danish iTunes - it is not there!! - Also - it is not anywhere to be found on the top selling albums top 200. - and since Deluxe is #8 surely the normal edition would also be there somewhere - BUT it is not available yet on danish iTunes!

so great :)!
also pre-ordered my copy, of course! Did you hear NOVA talking about the new album this morning around 7am? I bet it was your link that made them aware...... ;)

I´m happy to see such an active thread ,with many exited fans :)

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

it'll be sad to see that video go it's one of the oldest unreleased mj vids and it has achieved so many views - more than some of the most viewed officialy released songs eg. Clhga. Which means xscape purely spread through word of mouth back in the day to those 100,000's of people

chlga?

we've to spread this news. on fb, twitter, etc.

this release will have good chances to be #1.

Did that. Also sent links to my local radio/music channels.

im glad to see that the deluxe edition of xscape is currently outselling the standard edition! #16 Best Seller in Music on Amazon right now

so great :)!
also pre-ordered my copy, of course! Did you hear NOVA talking about the new album this morning around 7am? I bet it was your link that made them aware...... ;)

I hope it was. - Anyway I'm glad to hear they have mentioned the new album. - Hope they will give the songs a lot of plays!!

DONE!! - And I really hope it will be #1 !!! Would be great!

Did that. Also sent links to my local radio/music channels.

Me too !! :)

im glad to see that the deluxe edition of xscape is currently outselling the standard edition! #16 Best Seller in Music on Amazon right now

16 is great for an album that is not released yet. - actually it's more than a month away!!

hopefully they give us snippets + 1 single in full this month.

i cant wait anymore :D

the promo is good so far. (better than for "michael")

The deluxe edition is #3 on Finnish iTunes now! :bowling:

Michael Jackson's Xscape: Lovingly restored material brings back the King Of Pop

Largely comprised of songs recorded in the 90s and early 2000s, Xscape is a more cohesive album in comparison to 2010 offering "Michael."

Eight previously unreleased songs have been (in the words of Executive Producer L.A Reid) 'contemporized' by the likes of Timbaland, Stargate and Rodney Jerkins. And whilst the fresh 2014 production enhances that trademark MJ vocal, it doesn't detract from the original song and the genius of Michael's songwriting vision.

As the album begins, you're immediately transported back to the Thriller era, thanks to an amazing 1983 disco groove called "Love Never Felt So Good".
With its soulful vocal, infectious baseline and orchestral strings, it's a song that screams 'Jackson classic' and it says a lot about influence when you consider that it wouldn't sound out of place on the latest Pharrell album.

I challenge anyone not to experience goosebumps after hearing "A Place With No Name" a song layered with lush harmonies believed to have been recorded in 1998 and a song that deserves to played by radio stations worldwide.

Potential single "Slave To The Rhythm" is a floor-filler for a new generation whilst 1999's RnB soaked "She Was Lovin' Me" (originally considered for the 2001 Invincible album) has echoes of "The Way You Make Me Feel."

Two other songs, "Chicago" and "Blue Gangster" will also remind you of previous Jackson offerings but both tracks benefit from newly enhanced production and remind us of the fact that Michael was keen to remain relevant to the emerging hip-hop generation.

But one of the outstanding cuts on the "Xscape" album is a song called "12 O'Clock" or "Do You Know Where Your Children Are" in which an emphatic Jackson discusses family values and child abuse over a pulsating bass line and guitar riff. Whilst I'm not convinced the new production has added anything to the original, it's still a song that will get everyone talking.

And as the album concludes with title track "Xscape" a sonic slice of noughties electro-pop, I'm left satisfied that Michael's legacy will endure thanks to a collection of carefully selected material, lovingly re-engineered for millions of fans and new fans alike. There's a reason he was called The King of Pop after all.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/michael-jacksons-xscape-lovingly-restored-3332961#.Uzr2fTXEas0.facebook

I love this review!

The deluxe version is currently 16th on the UK iTunes store :)

It`s on 9 now

iTunes

XSCAPE

#3 Finland
#5 Italy
#8 Denmark
#8 Russia
#15 Belgium
#21 Japan
#26 United States
#107 Canada
#385 United Kingdom

OK, so the album will be released on May 13. When do you think the first single will come?

OK, so the album will be released on May 13. When do you think the first single will come?

Next week or in two weeks. Hope they'll play it nice. Video and immediate iTunes release.

Back