Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I'm not a fan of the low price for more sales idea, I think it's a cheap [no pun] marketing trick and to me it feels like cheating. When I see other singers' sales figures and then see they did it, I roll my eyes and feel unimpressed. I don't think Sony should do it, then.

Th fact is that musicians and record labels don't make much money off from albums, not in these current time when there is youtube and other means to get music for free. If the best selling album sold only a few million, there isn't much money for musician and record label or who ever needs to be paid. The money comes from concerts etc, but there the thing, Michael cannot go on tour or do promotional gigs.
I suppose thats the reason Justin T (after long break), Katy P, Lady G etc all go on tours = to make money that they don't receive from selling albums.

i dont know what he said. so i can not make an opinion about that.

but its not negative to say i dont like the cover, i dont like to have mixes on the album. its an opinion.

That was not his tone and his dictionary. That's the problem.

I hope they don't put the album on Spotify!

thiron;3978245 said:
Wow, the physical deluxe edition is only 18Dollar on Amazon-USA? It's 23€ in Germany (ca. 32 Dollar)!

on bad25 it was the same. europe is much more expensive. today, when u buying a new album from michael jackson its more like u are buying the japanese edtion.

Is anyone aware that a 'Michael Jackson' account has appeared on soundcloud, not sure if its official.
However it has snippet of STTR and the 15 second teaser, Also the full version of APWNN (demo)

The BRFM 95.6 that Tony Gold is from (i.e. the one who tweeted about Xscape at 9am) is also on TuneIn. Here... seems to work! :) http://tunein.com/radio/BRFM-956-s92168/

(There's more than one BRFM listed, so easy to get them confused).

9:00am UK time =
10:00 CET (Europe)
1:00am US Pacific
4:00am US Eastern
... for example

Last edited:

Is anyone aware that a 'Michael Jackson' account has appeared on soundcloud, not sure if its official.
However it has snippet of STTR and the 15 second teaser, Also the full version of APWNN (demo)

I can already tell it's not official. They wouldn't put up the full version of A Place With No Name unless the album was already out, or it was released as a single.

TJ was interviewed along with his brothers for a two part interview with Celebritian on 3T Day as it is known by some (April 1). His full comments on Xscape are being taken out of context because the media cannot help itself (others as well it seems) when it comes to negativity and any Jackson. There were other comments made about Michael from Tito’s sons but, they were too positive and could not be reprinted with a negative spin successfully.

I agree with TJ. I believe Michael would be against it being released without hearing it first however, the cd is coming and I want it to be successful.

We can’t interview you and not ask about Michael, not least because of the huge news about his new album. What are your thoughts on Xscape?

TJ: I don’t know which songs were selected to be on the upcoming release. As for releasing new material, I have mixed emotions because as an artist and as his nephew (knowing how much of a perfectionist he was) I know he’d want final listen before anything he did was released to the public. Saying that though, that’s my uncle and I want him and anything he is associated with to succeed. I’ve had the privilege to hear his demos and unfinished work since I was a child and even those had me amazed!

Back to Xscape:

I am not against the FB idea if it was to happen. Michael was a pioneer and if done correctly, it is a win-win and it will teach other artists how to do it right.

Last edited:

I don't like the cover either, whoever photoshopped ruined Michael's beautiful lips and gave him no neck. Despite that, I'll be supporting the album and buy it as soon as it arrives to the stores. It's amazing Xscape is doing so great on iTunes even without an official announce on the track list and without snippets.

For the last time, it's simply the angle the photos were taken at. There are dozens of photos of Michael at such an angle where you can't see his neck.

on the danish facebook fan page they say it's 11am in Denmark....?

Which danish facebook page? - And that can not be correct. - There are not two hours difference from UK to Denmark... (or am I wrong??)

Which danish facebook page? - And that can not be correct. - There are not two hours difference from UK to Denmark... (or am I wrong??)

There's one hour difference between UK/Ireland time and central Europe I thought?

10am in sweden and denmark

Xscape is going to be the best album since Invincible.. i truly believe that. The song's LA Reid has chosen seem to have a strong example of Michael's unique/celebrated art.

10am in sweden and denmark

That makes sense. - I was pretty sure there was only 1 hour time difference!

I will be ready at 10 am !!!! :)

I agree with TJ. I believe Michael would be against it however, the cd is coming and I want it to be successful.

But in that quote TJ did not say Michael would be against it. If this is all TJ said about it then it seems to me The Sun just twisted his comment, as usual from them.

But in that quote TJ did not say Michael would be against it. If this is all TJ said about it then it seems to me The Sun just twisted his comment, as usual from them.

No chok there... - Typical. - Stupid Tabloid....

It would have been nice had they done something for Record Store Day a la BTM.

I'm so looking forward to this album! Wish I could pre order it but I can't. So i'll get it on launch day :)

Last edited:

I'm sorry to be a doubter and hope I am proved wrong but I cannot believe Xscape will debut on such a small station. I live in London and the main stations are the BBC national radio stations One and Two, Capital and Kiss. I'm pretty sure these stations would give their right arm for a scoop like this. And would be promoting the hell out of the fact that they were going to play it first.

Oops! Thank you for catching that. I meant to say against it being released without hearing it first. I will update my post.

I'm sorry to be a doubter and hope I am proved wrong but I cannot believe Xscape will debut on such a small station. I live in London and the main stations are the BBC national radio stations One and Two, Capital and Kiss. I'm pretty sure these stations would give their right arm for a scoop like this. And would be promoting the hell out of the fact that they were going to play it first.

I read on another forum (on their FB page) that it will debut worldwide.
Who knows what will happen.
But shouldnt something like that get announced beforehand?

The preview of Xscape, does anyone know if thats the end of the song or the beginning ?

So how many hours until Xscape is premiered?

Back