Xscape General Discussion

Isn't this a fake track?
SBsPbmB.jpg

And it is officially now worldwide release day :)

No, it was released in other regions previously and there are some regions that still remain after the 13th.

Jonathan1luna, sorry to hear about your issues receiving Xscape.

XSCAPE is front and center on the NZ iTunes Store :D :woohoo::rollin::jump:

4xzDRzy.jpg

Has anyone noticed how the water drop type beat in OG DYKWYCA is also in the song Someone Put Your Hand out ?

No, it was released in other regions previously and there are some regions that still remain after the 13th.

Jonathan1luna, sorry to hear about your issues receiving Xscape.

Yes, I know. But this is the day that Sony & the Estate are designating as the "worldwide release day".

Xscape is officially Number One on The Worldwide iTunes chart, Michael's legacy is being celebrated through archived & heartfelt recording's... it is an experience that bring's uplifting grooves, going through dark places & ending with ''escapism'' through bass baritones & various other works of art, Michael deserves all the love in the world... i'm glad people are enjoying this album as much as i am... i read the reviews on iTunes UK yesterday and mostly everyone preferred the original versions which felt awesome :heart: Being honest, i didn't expect such good sale figures here in the UK but i'm extremely proud to be a fan right now... Hope it stays at number TWO until the album charts are revealed on Sunday.

Last edited:
Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

"Love Never Felt So Good": Dancing with the Stars (5/12/2014)

I was shocked when icon, Anka, stood up to take a bow as co-writer.

Last edited:

I was shocked when icon, Anka, stood up to take a bow as co-writer.

you don't have to be shocked he deserves it lol he worked on this song so he deserves credit for it

you don't have to be shocked he deserves it lol he worked on this song so he deserves credit for it

Most co-writers are not getting this type of attention. Anka was a co-writer and he is being compensated for that role. He is receiving more than monetary compensation at this point.

Are you suggesting his role is bigger and that he worked on the production with John Mclain and/or Timbaland? Shall I expect him or at least a shout out before Michael's hologram at the Billboard Awards?

I bought the studio masters also. WOW!

I finally managed to do that by changing my greek ip into a french ip to avoid the country restriction of qobuz.

get that volume to max and have your seat at the center of your listening room you will never be the same again lol

Most co-writers are not getting this type of attention. Anka was a co-writer and he is being compensated for that role. He is receiving more than monetary compensation at this point.

Are you suggesting his role is bigger and that he worked on the production with John Mclain and/or Timbaland? Shall I expect him or at least a shout out before Michael's hologram at the Billboard Awards?

Well you want to see him as a co-writer (the guy is the writer, producer, and composer of the original version) all what MJ did was sing (the original was originally intended for Anka's duet album) + i don't really get the hate for this Anka while Riley and others used MJ name to do some horrible stuff

So, I've bought 3 copies so far. 1 on iTunes, 1 of the digipack deluxe and 1 of the jewel case deluxe. I gifted the jewel case to my auntie when she asked me to burn a copy for her. So I'll buy that again. Also will most likely buy the vinyl edition. So nobody can say I don't support this release! :)

Well you want to see him as a co-writer (the guy is the writer, producer, and composer of the original version) all what MJ did was sing (the original was originally intended for Anka's duet album) + i don't really get the hate for this Anka while Riley and others used MJ name to do some horrible stuff

All MJ did was sing? MJ is listed as the co-writer. So no, you're wrong. They wrote the song together.

well i may be wrong but it doesn't mean that Paul Anka should be hanged or buried or rejected he co-wrote the song, produced and recorded it :) so he deserves credit

I bought the studio masters also. WOW!

I finally managed to do that by changing my greek ip into a french ip to avoid the country restriction of qobuz.

Dangerous is also available in 24/96!! Since may 9th!

Ok lol......

Cons:
- I really, really, really wish there was more live instrumentation used. There's this kinda general hollow, plastic-y sound to every track. I don't mean that it sounds "cheap", but just very... manufactured? I dunno... Actual instruments would have gave them a richer feel. I don't mind glossy, but it feels a lil TOO glossy if that makes sense.

- APWNN track sounds too much like Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground" for comfort lol.

- Although all the tracks are MJ-esque, outside of his voice, I don't feel his fingerprint. Yeah I know, that's just life now. It's nothing that can be "fixed" per se, but it just stands out to me personally.

Pros:
- I'm honestly feeling all of the tracks. They're all nice and funky. You can see that there was real effort put into making the tracks interesting and full.

- Awesome mix-downs. His voice is balanced really well against the tracks. The lows are nasty (in a good way lol), a lot of boom, it probably sounds really good in a car.

- I'm glad that cookie cutter melodies weren't used, I didn't know what to expect from each track; I like that.

Overall, I really do like it. For me, it doesn't feel like Michael, but for what it is, I'm really enjoying it. I'm sort of super depressed and super happy at hearing his voice again lol, so I guess it's just bittersweet. Outside of my personal feelings, it's a well-done project. Great dance tracks, it's sexier than I'd expected lol. I can't help but smile when I hear his voice. :wub:

The Fedde Le Grand Remix is dire. Hope they follow up with cool remixes from Nero, Daft Punk, The Freemasons etc

This whole album is just perfect. Both the old and the new versions. I love how I can listen to two different mixes, and feel like I'm listening to two different MJ albums...and both have that MJ feel.

I think the Estate rushed the 2010 album "Michael." This time, they sat down and actually put out a quality product. Not saying that Michael is bad, but it's not Xscape.

a lot of people and you seemed shocked that he was there :)

That wasn't me that said that. That was Tygger. I didn't watch the awards.

Back