Xscape General Discussion

Happy the estate revealed a statement to blast LA's idea to the ground... if the estate feel they should complete an incomplete demo perhaps.. then they should choose a respected artist, i'm happy they enlisted Mary Blige & D'angelo for hot fun! wouldn't it have been great if it was finished in time? doesn't get in the way of my enjoyment though, the title track (2014 mix) is so intense, aggressive, magnificent :heart:

BnG2acmIEAAAkkL.jpg
Ireland

Retweetet von The Best of Internet
YouTube Trends ?@YouTubeTrends 2 h.

#Trending: Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake - Love Never Felt So Good

knigofpop;4005750 said:
I don't have an opinion on the Bieber situation, I have the album that I wanted and its amazing. Its great to see Michael everywhere again x just as a side note though, and this in no way gived me an opinion bit just wanted to say...

I have a 12 year old and 14 year old niece. Neither would entertain Michael or his music, even as far as refusing to listen or calling ot boring or 'old'. Then came the Bieber leak... and they loved it! They asked many questions and since the leak, have really started listening to MJ albums...

BOTH of them asked me to grab them a copy of Xscape and both really rate the album! They are fans not because Bieber was on the track (neither of them really listen to JB), but because the Bieber track made them stand up and listen.

Not an opinion either way, just a story I wanted to share x x

Reposted for truth.

Annita;4005711 said:
The MJ- Justin Bieber Duett will not haben. I`am sure. Qbee allready said the Estate is well aware in the opinion from fans to this theme.

In the interview L.A.Reid just gave his opinion for future projects but he is not in charge of the decision to future projects.

How proud some fans must feel that they somehow hindered the release of the STTR duet yet again by petitioning the same estate that authorized the duet they are petitioning. Maybe this truly will be L.A. Reid’s last MJ project and we can all go back to the mediocre, posthumous products that translate to dismal sales.

Allusio;4005717 said:
I’d say bring us a hologram and dancers next to it and that’s it. Just make it beautiful. No need in any other singer. I have nothing against Justin and if he is to perform, I’m fine with it … But if they can make it ONLY Michael – why not?

Michael never performed STTR as he never released it; his estate did. Looking forward to the Navi hologram.

Bumper Snippet, I am not ignoring the fact Michael worked with N’Sync. N’Sync was a successful imitation of J5 and Timberlake went on to be a successful imitation of Michael; a fact he will denounce depending on his mood. I am simply not subscribing to the spin that because Michael worked with N’Sync it somehow means he wanted to work with Timberlake alone and that is why we have the LNFSG duet. We have the duet because Estate/Sony owed Anka and Timberlake is Timbaland’s man. Nothing more, nothing less.

BUMPER SNIPPET;4005702 said:
But Bieber? Man, it was cute when Usher made a duet with him on "Somebody To Love" and all, but look what he has become! A pure industrialized product by the music machinery and full of himself. He does respect MJ, so what? MJ earned that respect. Bieber has yet to earn to be respected. And I am disgusted that only because Bieber is La Reid's man that we have to shut up over his choice to put Bieber alongside MJ. Where is respect for MJ here? Would any Elvis Presley's or Beatles' fan accept to see their idols' hologram perform with... Bieber??? To some extent I could see JT perform, but Bieber? Seriously? Where is this heading to? Instant money grabbing success and two days later flush down the toilet?

Interchange Bieber with Timberlake and L.A. Reid with Timbaland and it reads the same to me.

SmoothMJ, Michael did not appreciate being judged for the way he lived his private life; the words to the song Xscape (among numerous others in Michael's catalog) speak to that. I truly appreciate your posts regarding Slash’s personal life and that Michael actually worked with him personally a number of times despite it. Are some fans even aware that Chris Brown credited Michael for not rejecting him where others did after his public issues with Rihanna?

Last edited:
Yeah... we don't want Justin Bieber to be featured (well actually, he sings most of the song in the leak) on a Michael Jackson song so that means we want mediocre projects from now on. Of course. Tygger, do you even believe what you are typing?

Yeah... we don't want Justin Bieber to be featured (well actually, he sings most of the song in the leak) on a Michael Jackson song so that means we want mediocre projects from now on. Of course. Tygger, do you even believe what you are typing?

What is the difference between Xscape and previous posthumous releases?

L.A. Reid.

When he leaves, we can go back to normal, read, mediocrity. The estate petitioned to hinder the duet was the same estate that authorized it. It was not authorized by Michael's children lest anyone believe that type of nonsense and the estate should have cleared that rumor to protect Michael's children.

Hey y'all i know y'all don't know me and everything and this might be way off topic but could someone please send me "The girl is mine (demo)" in high quality if possible someone who owns the single CD with it on it that came out in 2008 with Thriller 25 I've tried to buy it but it's nowhere to be found only the cd on ebay and it cost like 40+$ lol thank you and sorry for the off topic i just want it so bad

LOL @ the notion that the estate approved Bieber to record vocals with MJ's on STTR. Do you have proof of this? Anyone and everyone could get their hands on unreleased MJ songs online. Bieber is no exception. He could have easily found the song online, took it into the studio, reworked it, and make it his own and have it posted on the net thinking everyone will love it because it's him and Michael Jackson.

I have no doubt in my mind the estate did not authorize it. Some people really need to get a clue and stop bashing the estate for any and every little thing that happens. Not everything good or bad for that matter is at the hands of the estate.

Hell I think now I'll go and edit out Paul McCartney on The Girl Is Mine, record my own vocals, spicen it up to a 2014 sound, post it and claim it's going to be on the next album....if Bieber can do it, so can I. :p

Two million views on the video in one day! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG08ukJPtR8 by the way, this is very quick, because if it gets a million views a day (I can see it increasing to about 10 million by next week)SHARE AND LIKE IT, EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THIS IS JUST FOR SUPPORTING MICHAEL!

The estate have curated the whole 'Xscape' project extremely well, Michael's hologram this sunday, the masterpiece/effortless deluxe album, the short film for Blue Gangsta + The Duet with Justin Timberlake... they've given it there all, they care for Michael & his fans dearly. I am loving everything about it, feels so hyped right now.. been a while since i felt this way last (First Purchase as a fan was HIStory in 2004, when i had this much hype) Let's keep it at the top, where Michael should be at. On a final note, i'm very happy that the estate have confirmed that there will Be NO J. Bieber duets in the future, A delight of a statement to read :D

The estate have curated the whole 'Xscape' project extremely well, Michael's hologram this sunday, the masterpiece/effortless deluxe album, the short film for Blue Gangsta + The Duet with Justin Timberlake... they've given it there all, they care for Michael & his fans dearly. I am loving everything about it, feels so hyped right now.. been a while since i felt this way last (First Purchase as a fan was HIStory in 2004, when i had this much hype) Let's keep it at the top, where Michael should be at. On a final note, i'm very happy that the estate have confirmed that there will Be NO J. Bieber duets in the future, A delight of a statement to read :D

What "short film for Blue Gangsta", Zakk??

Prince of Pop, you truly believe Michael’s children have access to the multitracks for any of Michael’s catalog let alone STTR? Can I assume you also believe Michael’s children heard Stewart’s mix and left instruction to base the duet on that mix? If anyone believes that, they most likely will believe Michael’s children also have the power to leak a song on radio instead of within the fan community which is where most other leaks, such as the six on Xscape, existed.

The STTR duet was an experiment that failed and Michael’s children did NOT orchestrate any of it.

SmoothMJ;4006246 said:
What "short film for Blue Gangsta", Zakk??

I am not being rude; only Michael made short films so I agree if that is your meaning. Everyone else, including Cirque, has made videos.

LOL @ the notion that the estate approved Bieber to record vocals with MJ's on STTR. Do you have proof of this? Anyone and everyone could get their hands on unreleased MJ songs online. Bieber is no exception. He could have easily found the song online, took it into the studio, reworked it, and make it his own and have it posted on the net thinking everyone will love it because it's him and Michael Jackson.

I have no doubt in my mind the estate did not authorize it. Some people really need to get a clue and stop bashing the estate for any and every little thing that happens. Not everything good or bad for that matter is at the hands of the estate.

Hell I think now I'll go and edit out Paul McCartney on The Girl Is Mine, record my own vocals, spicen it up to a 2014 sound, post it and claim it's going to be on the next album....if Bieber can do it, so can I. :P

Funny. I don't know why people get themselves all upset about a remark that was never from official channels anyway. Reid could talk about what he would like to see done, but these are just his thoughts. He makes a comment and then we have people saying Justin will be with the hologram; Justin will be on the next single. I am glad that official statement is out so people can relax again. Sometimes I wish you guys will stop spreading rumors and then letting those rumors you spread drive you crazy.

How are the US sales going?

I just want to say that I accept that not everyone will like and love Michael. It's just some people don't need to be rude and disrespectful about it. That's what annoys people. It's not needed.

As for the album, I never listened to anything before I got the album just LNFSG. I would say my favorites right now is that, Chicago and a Place with No Name. I am surprised with myself because I have seen and read everyone talking about Xscape and Slave to the Rhythm so I thought I would like them more. I do like them. I do find I like the way Michael left them a little more I think for sentimental reasons too. I like we get both versions and I think this album is for everybody just like Michael would want.

Has anyone seen this interview? I just saw in MJ Beats.

Bravo! The Estate, those songs are Michael Jackson songs co-written and co-produced by will.i.am. Those are not will.i.am songs.

The world wants to hear those songs and the Estate and Will have to work together for the next MJ album after Xscape. He has 6 songs - that is half of an album. He was a jerk before and rufused to release the tracks but now he has come to his senses but the Estate turned him down. But he must agree to work on the next MJ project if he wants the world to hear those songs.

I like Will.I.Am so I would like to hear that song he speaks of that has some MJ in it! Maybe he wasn't allowed yet because The Xscape album was coming. But, we see in the future...I mean why not?!

Looved the BG video, i always imagined that kind of visual! Those vocals are incredible. I have said it once and i say it again, BG has one of Mikes best vocal deliveries! Just listen how he goes from low and calm to high and franatic in the same verse and in a split second!

Yes!! exactly - that to me is amazing and shows what an immense gift and instrument his voice is/was.

From Twitter:

@trppope
Great seeing @Timbaland on #106andPark! @michaeljackson #xscape #MJXSCAPE documentary on @BET Friday 10:30pmEST #mjfam

Tygger;4006254 said:
Prince of Pop, you truly believe Michael’s children have access to the multitracks for any of Michael’s catalog let alone STTR? Can I assume you also believe Michael’s children heard Stewart’s mix and left instruction to base the duet on that mix? If anyone believes that, they most likely will believe Michael’s children also have the power to leak a song on radio instead of within the fan community which is where most other leaks, such as the six on Xscape, existed.

Michael's kids didn't give Justin the multitracks; that's bull, and I'll admit it.

Tricky Stewart curated the remix himself, gave the multitracks to producer Max Methods, who had Justin record vocals on it as an experiment. The estate themselves said that the recording was unauthorized, and Max Method said that Tricky Stewart wanted it recorded. (Check Damien Shields's website.)

This is just another situation of something going wrong and people putting the estate at fault, before any of us are one hundred percent certain on anything.

At first I thought a place wth no name was crap. I have to say after a few spins it's one of my favorites. Thing album has longevity. It will be on the top of the chart for a long time. I think people just need to hear the songs and they will. This summer belongs to Mj. He's the King for a reason.

AlwaysThere, that logic means Jerkins can now do as he pleases with Xscape which includes remixing it, put another singer on the track and leak it to radio simply because he remixed it as Stewart did. Illogical.

The same estate stated Michael was on 100% of the Michael cd when he was not. If the leaked duet succeeded Estate/Sony would take a bow and claim credit. The experiment failed and they continue their distance from it.

Only L.A. Reid was courageous enough to admit the only reason it was not released was the leak. It was more likely the reaction to the leak than just the leak itself.

Will.i.am is such a douche. He didn't want to release any of Michael's unfinished recordings, apparently. Unless of course they are on a will.i.am album.

At first I thought a place wth no name was crap. I have to say after a few spins it's one of my favorites. Thing album has longevity. It will be on the top of the chart for a long time. I think people just need to hear the songs and they will. This summer belongs to Mj. He's the King for a reason.

Thanks for this. It seems after the US release of Xscape the discussion here has really declined. There was a lot of excitement on the 9th but by the 13th, it began to get quite quiet. Is everyone out listening to their albums? Where did all the hype and excitement go?

Back