Xscape General Discussion

What a nice tweet from Justin Bieber !!

I hope some of his fans will buy Xscape and help sales!

A) The estate squashed that already
B) He's in France right now.

There's no need to worry.
There's need to worry.

C) The Estaste did say there won't be a single release of STTR feat. JB, BUT the estate did NOT say there won't be a MJ & JB hologram:ph34r::rofl:

Because the original versions sound dated for a mainstream release.

I like the new versions over the originals, because they sound like today.

Just because something sounds like it came out today doesn't automatically make it better. What's funny is that I think that the original version of Do You Know Where Your Children Are sounds more fresh than the newer version

Just because something sounds like it came out today doesn't automatically make it better. What's funny is that I think that the original version of Do You Know Where Your Children Are sounds more fresh than the newer version

Michael was a pioneer, the demo is a rough cut. The instrumentation was not finalized at that stage. The 'Dangerous' demo is a quick example. The song and melody stays the same and the instruments were matured on the released album version. The new version of DYKWYCA is growing on me every day, because I discover new sounds and details with each listen.

I don't think Justin Bieber is a bad person. He is young and learning and doesn't mean things can't be better for him. People are too hard on people they don't even know. That was a nice tweet of him to do.

Michael was a pioneer, the demo is a rough cut. The instrumentation was not finalized at that stage. The 'Dangerous' demo is a quick example. The song and melody stays the same and the instruments were matured on the released album version. The new version of DYKWYCA is growing on me every day, because I discover new sounds and details with each listen.

Well that only goes to show how great MJ really was because his demo sounds more fresh and timeless than Timberland's updated version. The Timberland version sounds fresh for now, but lets see how it holds up in a few years.

Last edited:
Rodney Jerkins ?@RodneyJerkins 57 Min.
Wake up in London to Sam Smith #StayWithMe #1 head out the door of the hotel and see this bus in front of me MJ #XSCAPE this day is starting out right for me! #EVOLVEMUSIC
http://instagram.com/p/oJMgBksCdu/#

Xscape has reached #1 in 70 (!) countries in total, based on iTunes charts. Several MJ-albums are within the top 10 in various countries.

Wow!! Are my eyes deceiving me or does it say 70?!!:clapping: I think this album is sooo good the word of mouth is spreading how good it truly is hence the amazing chart success.

Well that only goes to show how great MJ really was because his demo sounds more fresh and timeless than Timberland's updated version. The Timberland version sounds fresh for now, but lets see how it holds up in a few years.

MJ had nothing to do with the music for the original STTR. LA Reid and Babyface presented him with a track, he sung over it. He had as much input in the instrumental as he did with the new version. Apples and oranges.

They do sound like today. But music sounded better back in Michael's days. :beee:

I love a lot of the originals as much as the new versions. But let's face it I really believe Michael would have never released any of the originals in its present form. Imo, he would have worked on them and found producers like these same producers and updated the sounds and instrumentation. I am very happy with the new versions. I believe they respected Michael's work and left the essence of the the originals while at the same time created a fresher newer sound.

Wow!! Are my eyes deceiving me or does it say 70?!!:clapping: I think this album is sooo good the word of mouth is spreading how good it truly is hence the amazing chart success.

Someone in their 50s told me today that he was surprised that he liked the contemporized songs. He felt Michael sang in a special way and had his own sound, so he thought he would not like Xscape. He liked both the original and the contemporized songs. He said he felt as though Michael was really alive and doing a show. He knew about the hologram for tonight, so it was good to see that the average person is still interested in Michael.

IKR!

I have been to a club yesterday and they played the entire album ( it was the official release in Romania sort of) the album sounds GREAT , no question about it.
But when the album was done they immediately played some other songs ,Jam first, OMG I think it was for the first time I heard Jam in a club, it sounds AMAZING!!! And it's 22 years old, damn you couldn't tell if you wouldn't know.Michaels "old" music sounds unbelievable perfect with no remixes at all.The sounds is so rich and powerful, perfectly put together .And Morphine...damn , it was just amazing.

They played Morphine??? Wow I think that song is so incredible but never thought it would be played at a club. That is so great!

MJ had nothing to do with the music for the original STTR. LA Reid and Babyface presented him with a track, he sung over it. He had as much input in the instrumental as he did with the new version. Apples and oranges.

I'm talking about Do You Know Where Your Children Are

Kind of sick of the hate to Bieber. He is a massive Michael Jackson fan and pays respect to us and we are meant to defend Michael, not hurt other fans. Whilst Justin's attitude to the public maybe seen as bad, it could easily be the media who twisted it, like for Michael. Justin Bieber is the closest to Michael in the media, obviously not music, but there's no need to hate him. hate 50 Cent instead.

Okay I have to admit I am one of the ones that have been hard on Bieber, but he just ingratiated himself with me after trying to help MJ. I have to stop being so judgmental. After all Michael had his problems and we supported him through thick and thin.

Let's forget about JB. - His tweet was nice, what we all think of his person and music does not matter much in this thread.

I can't wait for this hologram thing...- I think it will be amazing. AND also it will be great promotion!

I just hope STTR will be released as a single right after the show IF it is that song they perform!

Xscape really needs more singles than 3 IMO. - I really hope SONY and the estate reconsider that! - With the huge succes so far - more promotion could make this album even bigger!!

More singles, more promotion = GREAT SALES !!!

My friend at work likes Michael's songs up to Black and White. Anyways he said I could play the cd and he actually liked it. It was a nice to see because I was nervous to play it for him lol.

They played Morphine??? Wow I think that song is so incredible but never thought it would be played at a club. That is so great!

One time when I was at a club they played This Time Around...I always love it when they play songs other than Billie Jean at a club lol

Let's forget about JB. - His tweet was nice, what we all think of his person and music does not matter much in this thread.

I can't wait for this hologram thing...- I think it will be amazing. AND also it will be great promotion!

I just hope STTR will be released as a single right after the show IF it is that song they perform!

Xscape really needs more singles than 3 IMO. - I really hope SONY and the estate reconsider that! - With the huge succes so far - more promotion could make this album even bigger!!

More singles, more promotion = GREAT SALES !!!

Why would they release STTR tonight when LNFSG is in the top 10 and receiving increased spins on the radio. I don't even want it to be a single. Blue Gangsta. Chicago. Loving You.

Why would they release STTR tonight when LNFSG is in the top 10 and receiving increased spins on the radio. I don't even want it to be a single. Blue Gangsta. Chicago. Loving You.

Keep momentum maybe - and create some hybe after the performance.

I agree that Loving You would be a great choise for a single!

Am I the only who thinks that Blue Gangster wouldn't be a good single? I think it's the weakest track on the album

I wish they would remix Off The Wall. I can't listen to it anymore. It just sounds too dated. I need it to sound like today, because that's the only way it can be good. Everybody knows everything from the past sucks. They should re-shoot Motown 25 with todays artists as well. All those old fashioned clothes and hairstyles. So dated. The new CGI Michael should do a 100 meter moonwalk, spin 5000 times and land and stay on his toes for 1 whole minute.

The performance on Billboard Awards was cool! Really cool mix between actual dancers and hologrammed dancers!

Ah!, not so much. Would prefer it never happened. With someone as big and so popular as Mj I just don't think you go there. You cannot duplicate Mj. Sorry. Hope it worked for promo tho.

Wow, the server is being really really slow this time...

Last edited:
Where can I get #slavetotherhythm extended version played at BBA. I noticed the xscape version is cut short. the end is best part!

Back