Xscape General Discussion

Still can't believe how much I'm enjoying Xscape.

I never thought I'd feel this way about new MJ music again.

Brilliant.

Actually if I think about it too much I could easily cry.

After several listens my opinions have dramatically changed. Here's my rankings of the tracks for what it's worth.

Xscape
APWNN
Chicago
Loving You
STTR
BG
Love Never Felt So Good
DYKWYCA

These are the new mixes. Different opinion on the demos. Slave would be my #1!

No doubt that is what he is alluding to. Unfortunately Quincy has developed some sort of weird resentment towards MJ. The actual story though is that Quincy wanted to trim the intro to Billie Jean but Michael insisted it stay as is because that's what makes him want to dance. Not that Quincy didn't like Billie Jean the song. It was Smooth Criminal that he was said not to have liked originally.

But why did he also cut out the end part? (4:54-6:23)

Oh and Off The Wall, Thriller and BAD were just for fun then? No of course it wasn't about the $ then too...smh...

Quincy has become a bitter old man. Dude... You had a chance to produce 3 albums... Mike had to move on at some point in his life. Understand that and just leave it alone. Damn! don't get me wrong, I've got mad respect for the guy as a "producer" etc... but every time Michael's mentioned... he's got to bring out the bitter part of him... smdh! :smilerolleyes:

1. Xscape
2. A place with no name
3. Blue Gangsta
4. Loving you
5. Love never felt so good
6. Slave to the rhythm
7. Do you know where your children are
8. Chicago

Clever post from Urban daily:)

It looks like legendary producer Quincy Jones isn’t impressed with Michael Jackson‘s posthumous work, “Xscape.”

Despite the album being number one in the UK and being well-received by fans around the world, Jones just isn’t feeling it, according to Billboard. In an interview with CBC radio, he said with each song being released, it actually “bothers” him. “Yeah, but it’s not my business anymore. They’re not our business.”
“They’re trying to make money. And I understand it,” said Jones. “Everybody’s after money, the estate, the lawyers. It’s about money.”

Speaking of money, Jones filed a $10 million breach-of-contract lawsuit against projects tied to Jackson in 2009. As of October 2013, Jones said recordings he worked on were remixed and edited, leaving him without back-royalties on the new mixes.

Do you think Quincy Jones is upset that he won’t be getting any of the new music money considering his lawsuit, or is he just being a grump?

http://theurbandaily.com/2014/05/21/quincy-jones-michael-jackson-xscape/

MJ is not his buisness since 1987 which is 'coincidentally' the last time he was impressed by anything. Asshole.

Re: News and discussion about possible upcoming MJ album

BEST XSCAPE OFFICIAL VIDEO that could be made. No hologram needed. Use what Michael created. No need to re-invent the wheel or the magic.
I had this on YT but was removed so if you like it download it asap. I didn't titled it Xscape to keep it under the radar. Enjoy!

http://tinyurl.com/kkoy97h

BEST XSCAPE OFFICIAL VIDEO that could be made. No hologram needed. Use what Michael created. No need to re-invent the wheel or the magic.
I had this on YT but was removed so if you like it download it asap. I didn't titled it Xscape to keep it under the radar. Enjoy!

I referred to your video when I was discussing the original Xscape! I first heard the song while watching your video. The song and your video became a favorite of mine. So nice to hear from the creator. Thank you!

Agree with all of the tweets :)

mjspyt777 @MJSPYT777 · 2 h.

Having a #1 album is easy. Having an impaction the world for generations to come happen once in a lifetime and Michael did that. #mjfam

She Was Loving Me ‏@MJAndAri_4Ever 2 h.

Michael Jackson is #1 in Spain now lol if so that's good #1 in the UK & Spain & 50 other countries

ALL THINGS MICHAEL ‏@Vallieegirl 3 h.

I don't care what any charts say, Michael will always be my NUMBER ONE! Nobody can touch him! Nobody!♥ #Michaellivesforever #KingofMusic

Carla Adams ‏@carlay245 3 h.

Thriller didn't debut at #1 but look what happened! Keep buying #XSCAPE Keep celebrating MICHAEL! #LongLiveTheKing

I watched your video and just wanted to tell you that I thought it was exceptional. Fantastic work! I seriously think you should find a way to submit it to the Estate to be considered as official.
Loved it and thanks for posting lyrics also.
(I'm referring to the Xscape video by riviera 1992 a few posts back. Sorry)

Last edited:
Just feel like pointing this out:

It took The Black Keys eight albums to reach number one. And even then, they were in a race with an artist who has been dead for five years and can't properly promote the album himself.

They should seriously be embarrassed.

Can someone either link me to a HQ vid where this pic is from or post some HQ caps of the bit in the pic? I missed all the promo and now I can't find it anywhere.

487458_620780181343582_2138885667441089265_n_zps031fa89b.jpg

Are there any interviews where Quincy Jones shares his thoughts on Michael's work post Bad? Like Dangerous or HIStory? I'm really curious what he thought of those albums..

Carboni_Promo.png

This screen capture (1172x659 pixels, open in a new tab) was taken from the original Carboni promo. You can find a re-upload of the video here.

So now is there anything left for us to look forward to in regards to Xscape?

I mean we got the first single/video, two performances (LNFSG and STTR), etc..

I'm guessing the next single will be STTR (wonder if we'll actually hear it on the radio tho)..

Does anyone else know of any other future plans to promote Xscape?

http://tinyurl.com/kkoy97h

That was excellent! Thank you very much.

Who cares who is number 1. Mj is a global phenomenon and always will be. Thanks to all that keep the community going. Time for me to take a break. Until I return. Smooth out!

June is coming and I would still like to see DYKWYCA as the 2nd single. The song begs for an animated video.

Re Q and BJ--according to Joe Vogel's Man in the Music, BJ was written in late 81 and MJ recorded it in his Hayvenhurst Studio. Even though BJ was already highly "fleshed out" in the demo that MJ gave Q, according to Joe "he and the A-team meticulously worked on every detail of it over the next several months." (63) Note that Joe says HE (MJ) and the A-team (not just the A-team, Q's studio team).

MJ asked for and got co-producer credit. According to Joe's notes, BJ was "Written, arranged, and composed by MJ. Produced by MJ and Q. Vocal, rhythm, and synthesizer arrangement by MJ" (85).

Soooo for Q to give the impression MJ was some kind of singer/dancer who was 'told' what to sing, is so disrespectful and untrue it just boggles the mind. Yes, Q has reached a new low. So sad.

Xscape2041;4010757 said:
“Yeah, but it's not my business anymore. They're not our business (laughs).”

Thank god it's not your business anymore, Quincy.
You should not be let near anything Michael related.

I don't know about him not liking Billie Jean, but everything is already there on the MJ demo anyways...so it's not like he was the genius behind it.

He definetly didn't like Smooth Criminal

Q is getting senile, because I heard him mention about not wanting Billie Jean (I paraphrase). He is now forgetting what he said in the past.

Re Q and BJ--according to Joe Vogel's Man in the Music, BJ was written in late 81 and MJ recorded it in his Hayvenhurst Studio. Even though BJ was already highly "fleshed out" in the demo that MJ gave Q, according to Joe "he and the A-team meticulously worked on every detail of it over the next several months." (63) Note that Joe says HE (MJ) and the A-team (not just the A-team, Q's studio team).

MJ asked for and got co-producer credit. According to Joe's notes, BJ was "Written, arranged, and composed by MJ. Produced by MJ and Q. Vocal, rhythm, and synthesizer arrangement by MJ" (85).

Soooo for Q to give the impression MJ was some kind of singer/dancer who was 'told' what to sing, is so disrespectful and untrue it just boggles the mind. Yes, Q has reached a new low. So sad.

Yes and unfortunately these type of things are why people erroneously think MJ was just a puppet of Quincy and Quincy is the creative genius behind his albums. A lot of people think that MJ didn't write his songs but Quincy did. When in reality Q only ever co-wrote one song on those three albums (PYT) and Michael wrote most of his hits. With comments like this Q does a lot to perpetuate that myth...

https://www.facebook.com/michaeljackson
THANKS!! While Michael may not have been #1 on every chart, XSCAPE was the #1 album in total worldwide sales for its first week of release and the Estate is very thankful for the MJ fan community and their continued support of Michael and in particular this album.
10373853_10152469604016473_8492331490522271974_n.jpg

Quincy JonesVerifizierter Account ‏@QuincyDJones ·6 Std. Let’s get it straight. I never “slammed” [lexicon]Xscape[/lexicon]. I've nothing but love 4 @michaeljackson, @LA_Reid, @Timbaland &the producers of the project

YAY ... Im so happy The Xscape album is doing so Awesome and Michael is being celebrated worldwide :) We have been waiting for this for so long . I hope you can savor it and enjoy. Also there is More to come .. more promotion more singles etc etc.

Back