What is your Faveourite Song of all time

Thriller_MJ

Proud Member
If you had to pick one song to chose as your faveourite what would it be? mines has to be November Rain by Guns 'n' Roses i never get board of that song and the melody and lyrics are amazing to listen to

very very hard to pick just one.

so...

Evanescence - My Immortal (band version)
Mika - Happy Ending
Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror

these are 3 song that always make me feel the exact same way , whenever and how many times I hear them.

I don't know if I could choose just one as my favorite. But if I could it will definitely be one of these 8 songs:

I Love My India-From the movie Pardes
Dil Laga Na-From the movie Dhoom 2
Choodo Choodo-From the movie Aetbaar
Jeena Hai Kis Liye-From the movie Aetbaar
My Dil Goes-From the movie Salaam Namaste
Chaiyya Chaiyya-From the movie Dil Se
Mere Haath Mein-From the movie Fanaa
Chanda Chamke-From the movie Fanaa

Last edited:
If we have to choose one from Michael then Man in the mirror
if from other performer: Queen - Another one bites the dust

Either "Billie Jean", "A Change Is Gonna Come" or "Bohemnian Rhapsody". I just cannot choose between those three. To me, those songs encompass everything a great song should entail. I love all of them.

Last edited:
Wow. I am surprised at that song choice. No offense or anything. It's just that you have pretty strong Christian beliefs in the religious threads in GDv3 so I am surprised your favourite song if one that's been called "the anthem of atheism".

Well thats cause its not the anthem of atheism. lol
John Lennon wrote that song as just to imagine something different. Like 'imagine if it were like this' kinda thing...it wasnt meant to be taken so literally.
It created an uproar cause of the religious innuendos in it when it says "Imagine theres no heaven its easy if you try ---- no hell below us above us only sky..." but the fact is they are just words. Just lyrics.
Just like when he said 'we are more popular than Jesus'...everyone was really quick to judge and took that also very much out of context.

Actually heres a quote from him on what he believed to be true.

"I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong....."

Last edited:
I agree it's not the anthem of atheism because it doesn't specifically denounce the belief in God. But it' definitely the anthem of anti-religion. I've probably seen and listened to every Lennon interview he ever did and read everything ever written about or by him. If there was one thing he was against, it was religion. Lennon himself described the song as anit-religion. The lyrics about imagine there's no heaven, and no religion too, aren't just words or just lyrics. It's what he would imagine a utopia would be like. So I'm sorry but as a big Lennon fan I find offense in calling the lyrics of this song just words. Word can be put together and constructed into sentences that mean something. Imagine means something to me, the Lennon, to millions of people who love the song. Sorry, but I just think you're undermining this great piece of work.

I couldn't pick one.

Top 5 would be:

Who Is It
Give In To Me
RHCP - Under The Bridge
Janet Jackson - If
Madonna - Like A Prayer

Last edited:
I agree it's not the anthem of atheism because it doesn't specifically denounce the belief in God. But it' definitely the anthem of anti-religion. I've probably seen and listened to every Lennon interview he ever did and read everything ever written about or by him. If there was one thing he was against, it was religion. Lennon himself described the song as anit-religion. The lyrics about imagine there's no heaven, and no religion too, aren't just words or just lyrics. It's what he would imagine a utopia would be like. So I'm sorry but as a big Lennon fan I find offense in calling the lyrics of this song just words. Word can be put together and constructed into sentences that mean something. Imagine means something to me, the Lennon, to millions of people who love the song. Sorry, but I just think you're undermining this great piece of work.

Oh, so since you know everything about Lennon you do recall when he said this at a news conference in 1966 when talking about the statement he once made about the Beatles being more popular than Jesus?

"I suppose if I had said television was more popular than Jesus, I would have gotten away with it. I'm sorry I opened my mouth. I'm not anti-God, anti-Christ, or anti-religion. I wasn't knocking it or putting it down. I was just saying it as a fact and it's true more for England than here. I'm not saying that we're better or greater, or comparing us with Jesus Christ as a person or God as a thing or whatever it is. I just said what I said and it was wrong. Or it was taken wrong. And now it's all this."

He said it so himself. Hes not anti-God, anti-Christ or anti-religion.
Im sorry but i think u are taking that great song and turning it into something its not...like most of the people did around the time he was making statements.

And obviously im not undermining anything if its considered by me my favorite song of all time....how does that even make sense?

And anyways what does me loving that song have to do with my faith? I love the Doors songs too but that dosent mean that i wanna go out and do acid does it? lol

Last edited:
Sorry, but as I explained I just get annoyed when people say lyrics are "just words". People do undermine the meaning of songs too often. Music can be a powerful thing. To me, the song obviously means more than it does to you.

Btw, just like every human being, Lennon made some contradicting statements. In 1966 he said he wasn't trying to be anti-religious so he could redeem himself from the "bigger than Jesus" comments. In the 1971, he said was making an anti-religious statement through the song "Imagine".

But I don't want to get into yet another argument with you. Imagine is about Lennon's idea of a utopia. IHO, a utopia would have no religion. It's not just words. Songs can have strong meaning and strong impact. To me, anyway.

But if you want me to apologise, if that will make you happy, then OK, I'm sorry.

(Now that's ^ a Lennon quote)

Last edited:
OK let's not make this thread into something it isn't ... :)
One of my favs also is Sweet child o'mine by GNR!

Sorry, but as I explained I just get annoyed when people say lyrics are "just words". People do undermine the meaning of songs too often. Music can be a powerful thing. To me, the song obviously means more than it does to you.

Btw, just like every human being, Lennon made some contradicting statements. In 1966 he said he wasn't trying to be anti-religious so he could redeem himself from the "bigger than Jesus" comments. In the 1971, he said was making an anti-religious statement through the song "Imagine".

But I don't want to get into yet another argument with you. Imagine is about Lennon's idea of a utopia. IHO, a utopia would have no religion. It's not just words. Songs can have strong meaning and strong impact. To me, anyway.

But if you want me to apologise, if that will make you happy, then OK, I'm sorry.

(Now that's ^ a Lennon quote)

The lyrics to that song are just words. People take them the wrong way and sometimes the right way - - - thats what make them just words. "Give Peace A Chance"...now that song had meaning and no one took that wrong. It had a clear cut message that no one could misunderstand.
"Imagine" will be debated forever cause the lyrics are so unclear. Lennon was anything but anti-religious. I think he had a problem with organized religion but in the quote i gave u earlier he clearly said that he wasnt anti-religious. The fact that the song made some statements dosent mean different.
The lyrics so many people like u think are anti-religious make anti-religious people happy cause they think its got some deep seated message and really its just the opposite. He was saying 'hey ya know it could be this way - just think about it'....dosent mean he thought it was that way.

I just want to clear this up because it's a silly argument and you're arguing against the guy who actually wrote it, lol.

In the book Lennon in America, written by Geoffrey Giuliano, Lennon commented that the song was "an anti-religious, anti-nationalistic, anti-conventional, anti-capitalistic song, but because it's sugar-coated, it's accepted." Lennon also described it as "virtually the Communist Manifesto".

Sorry, but this is the guy that wrote the song. He was always anti-religious.

Btw, you said he wasn't anti-religious, but he was against organised religion. That's what anti-religious means.

Anyway, back on topic. As I said before, I don't I've heard my favourite song yet. And that's not trying to be a smart-ass. I haven't heard a song yet that I can honestly say is my all-time favourite. There are loads of songs I love. But if I'm having a hard time picking one that stands out as my favourite of them all, then I know that there isn't one that is my favorite of them all. I guess I'll just keep listening to more and more music until I hear a song that makes me say, "this is my favourite song ever".

Last edited:
Lennon contradicted himself on that issue and is sort of a hypocrite when it came to his zen-like public image and preaching peace when in fact he was a troubled, violent man. and also where money and business were involved ("Imagine no possessions" lol). so i wouldn't take him at face value..

but fact remains that Imagine is an undeniably great song and his music is genius.

Last edited:
I think Imagine is actually one of his worst songs. My favourite song of his is "God". Beautiful music. Passionate vocals. The Plastic One Band is his best album by far.

I just want to clear this up because it's a silly argument and you're arguing against the guy who actually wrote it, lol.
Sorry, but this is the guy that wrote the song. He was always anti-religious.

Btw, you said he wasn't anti-religious, but he was against organised religion. That's what anti-religious means.

Again i will say that he wasnt anti-religious. I dont care what he described that song as he wasnt anti-religious. He wrote that song to make a statement. Too bad you cant see the statement and you are looking too far into it. But thats allowed.

Its funny that all i did was say what my favorite song was and its turned into this but hey...whatever. lol

I have so many favorite songs, it would be hard to pick just one. But here are some of my favs:

Genesis - Supper's Ready
Yes - Awaken
Marillion - Easter
Radiohead - Paranoid Android
Lenny Kravitz - Calling All Angels
John Lennon - What You Got
King Crimson - The Night Watch
Janet Jackson - State Of The World
Tori Amos - Cornflake Girl

Back