January 2 -4, 2009 {Update on post #26 for Jan 4,2009}

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Happy Friday - MsSnoop here, covering for MarieMarie for a few Friday's-

I didn't find any NEWS, just some mentionings below

Michael Jackson Mentionings

Barack Obama's paparazzi presidency
[SIZE=-1]WIS, SC - 7[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Arianna Huffington notes that Obama hasn't yet been subjected to the harsh side of tabloid life, à la Spears or Michael Jackson. ...[/SIZE]
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9607170
================================================

"Karaoke Revolution - American Idol: Encore 2" too similiar to ...
[SIZE=-1]TMCnet - 21 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Songs include Michael Jackson's "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough," Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton's "Islands in the Stream," REM's "Losing My Religion" and ...[/SIZE]

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2009/01/02/3886346.htm
====================================================

Thriller Live Begins West End Run Jan. 2
[SIZE=-1]Playbill.com, NY - 10 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By Mark Shenton Thriller Live, the new West End celebration of the life and career of Michael Jackson, begins performances at the Lyric Theatre Jan. ...[/SIZE]
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/124773.html

======================================================
Women's basketball: Big Four women show off their hidden talents
[SIZE=-1]DesMoinesRegister.com, IA - 4 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Iowa guard Lindsey Nyenhuis gained notoriety as "The Michael Jackson Girl." And it was a good thing. Iowa State guard Anna Florzak is all about speed, ...[/SIZE]

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20090102/SPORTS020505/901020348/1091/SPORTS02

===========================================================
George Jones, "King of Country Music," Lauded at Kennedy Center ...
[SIZE=-1]Associated Content, CO - 22 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson is the "King of Pop." BB King is the "King of the Blues." And country music has George Jones, who has been dubbed the "King of Country ...[/SIZE]
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1351783/george_jones_king_of_country_music.html

==============================================================

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1988 - A U.K. TV compilation, "Love Songs," hit #15 in the U.K. The work was credited to Michael Jackson and Diana Ross.

2004 - CBS aired the special "Michael Jackson Number Ones."

I like the quote - it might explain why there isn't any new 'stuff' out there right now - too much negative 'crap' floating around

Michael Jackson Quote

"I've seen lawyers who don't represent me and spokespeople who do not know me speaking for me. These characters always seem to surface with dreadful allegations just as another project, an album, a video is being released".
- Michael Jackson, November 18, 2003 after a search warrant was served at Neverland Ranch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: January 2, 2009

It's nice to see that Thriller Live is now on the West End. I really do hope that it performs well. Would be cool if it does well and so they decide to start productions in Las Vegas and Broadway.

Thanks for the news.

Think I'll watch MJ #1 now! Celebrating it's 5th anniversary!

I've seen lawyers who don't represent me and spokespeople who do not know me speaking for me. These characters always seem to surface with dreadful allegations just as another project, an album, a video is being released".
- Michael Jackson, November 18, 2003 after a search warrant was served at Neverland Ranch.

^^^^

That's a very nice quote! And sadly very true too!

Re: January 2 -4, 2009

Wow!! That would suck to have someone you don't know suddenly begin speaking for you. Makes you wonder if it has ever happened to other big stars!

i do feel sorry for mike bout that....
Its disgusting what ppl would do just to have a "connection" with mike.

That's an awesome quote.

It's kind of similar to the one he mentioned on the Oprah Winfrey show too - "I broke the Beatle's record, I broke Elvis' records, it was after all that they started calling me names".

Michael Jackson Mentionings for Jan 3, 2008:

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20090103/LIFESTYLE/901030333

I will never forget that big old house -- after all, that's where I accepted my Barbie motor home, a fabulous 10-speed bike and pretended to be a grown-up in my mom's high-heels and lip-gloss. It is also where I watched Michael Jackson moonwalk across the stage at the Grammys; his sequined socks and one glove sent me screaming.

http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/music/all-bandoftheweek.6731127jan03,0,3279276.story

The members are inspired by classic jam bands such as Phish, String Cheese Incident and the Grateful Dead, but add elements of reggae, rock, and funk to their style. For each show they add two or three covers, including tunes from Pink Floyd and the Talking Heads. They even did Michael Jackson's ''Thriller'' on Halloween

http://www.examiner.co.uk/leisure-a...ndering-good-time-at-hogmanay-86081-22594895/

I’ve got some promising footage for U Tube or You’ve Been Framed of my friend’s husband singing Beat It, in a Michael Jackson falsetto. My friend says that her brother will pay me good money to see it.

http://www.asiaarts.ucla.edu/090102/article.asp?parentID=102523

storyline had to admit the musical numbers, choreographed by Kenny Ortega (Dirty Dancing, Xanadu, Michael Jackson concerts), were worthy of High School Musical's much-anticipated leap to the big screen.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/101-facts-you-never-knew-about-music-part-3-189975

59. Michael Jackson is said to have spent three weeks working on the bassline for Billie Jean.

Michael Jackson HIStory for Jan 3, 2009:
1997 - Michael Jackson performed at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, HI, as part of his "HIStory" tour. It was Jackson's first U.S. performance since the "Bad" tour of 1989. The next day, the first leg of the "HIStory" tour ended.

Last edited:
Re: January 2 -4, 2009 {Update on post # 9 for Jan 3,2009}

Thanks for the news, you guys. :flowers:

I just came from a panto at Greenwich Theatre here in London.

The band started up with 'Blame It On The Boogie' and it was later performed during the panto. The villain of the piece even did the moonwalk!

During the break they played 'Rocking Robin'.

It is always great to hear Michael.

aww that is cool The chosen one!

Glad u had fun there :)
I hope this will come down to australia..will defnately go if it does

I haven't seen this posted yet unless it is from a while ago and reprinted. It is a nice read (except for the last since I think he can make a comeback if he wants to). I guess it just provides a challenge. Anyway, some of this stuff I didn't know. Maybe a few things are new to you too. (um weren't his snakes named Muscles and Madonna, not Crusher?) Oops... sorry. I see it is old although it just came up on the web as a Jan. 2 article. Anyway, it is fun so I'll leave it.

http://www.examiner.com/x-264-Celebrity-News-Examiner~y2008m8d28-50-facts-about-Michael-Jackson-on-his-50th-birthday

50 facts about Michael Jackson (on his 50th birthday)
August 28, 11:15 PM
by Liz Barrett, Celebrity News Examiner

British celebrity gossip site ShowBiz Spy searched the Internet for Michael Jackson trivia to celebrate his 50th birthday.

They found a ton of great stuff and honed it down to 50 fascinating facts for Michael's big 5-Oh.

Here's what they found (we edited it just a teeny-tiny bit for American readers).

Enjoy!

"Billie Jean" was the first video by a black artist to air on MTV.
Michael owns the rights to the South Carolina State Anthem South Carolina on My Mind, recorded by Hank Martin and Buzz Arledge.
His wax likeness is in five Madame Tussauds museums across the world. Only Elvis Presley and Madonna have more Tussaud figures they have six each.
His total lifetime earnings from royalties, solo recordings and music videos, revenue from concerts and endorsements have been estimated at $500 million.
He has has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame: one for radio play, located at 1541 Vine Street, and one for recording at 6927 Hollywood Boulevard.
He received a Presidential Humanitarian Award from Ronald Reagan in 1984 for his support of charities helping people overcome alcohol and drug abuse.
Michael Jackson is the seventh of nine children.
He fought fellow 50-year-old Madonna on MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch (she won).
"Bad," "Dangerous" and "Thriller" are among the bestselling albums of all time.
"Thriller" remains the biggest-selling album since records began.
Michael has sold more than 300 million records worldwide.
He wears his trademark black armband to remind fans of the suffering of children around the world.
His favorite superhero is Morph from the X-Men.
He picked up his iconic moonwalk moves, which he debuted at the Motown 25th Anniversary show in 1983, from streetdancers he spotted performing outside a hotel.
When MC Hammer challenged him to a dance-off, Michael reportedly responded, "I've seen your videos and every single dance move you use, you got off of me."
Little Richard wanted Michael to play him in a biopic.
Bubbles the chimp and Ben the rat are two of Jackson's most famous pets, but he also befriended a ram called Mr Tibbs, a python called Crusher and Louie the llama.
An obsessed French fan committed suicide in 1984 after his mother refused to allow him to undergo surgery to look like Michael.
In 1984, a U.S. library accused him of owing it over $1 million in overdue book fines. Officials said they would scrap the fines if he returned the books autographed.
He dedicated Blood On The Dancefloor to Sir Elton John.
He is a vegetarian.
He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of The Jackson 5 on May 6, 1997. He was inducted as a solo artist on March 19, 2001.
He has dated Brooke Shields and Tatum O'Neal.
His nicknames include the Gloved One, ***** *****, *****, The King of Pop, and MJ. Close friends call him Smelly.
The "Thriller" video was voted the greatest music video of all time in a recent British poll.
He won an MTV award for Best Movie Song in 1994 for "Will You Be There" from the movie "Free Willy."
The "Scream" video he made with sister Janet is the most expensive promo ever made, costing more than $7 million.
"HIStory" is the biggest selling double album ever released in the U.S.
"Blood on the Dance Floor" is the biggest selling remix album of all time.
He really is a King in West Africa. He was given a royal title by villagers in Gabon, Ivory Coast in 1992.
His pre-concert ritual includes drinking Ricola candy dissolved in hot water.
He owns the patent for a stage shoe device that allows performers to lean forward and appear to defy gravity.
He was born in Gary, Indiana in 1958. The town is planning a tribute museum.
Macauley Culkin is godfather to Michael's two oldest children, Paris and Prince Michael.
Macauley helped Michael design the amusement park at his Neverland.
Lisa Marie Presley's former brother-in-law and his wife were the witnesses at her Dominican Republic wedding to Michael in 1994.
He shares the record for the most Grammy Awards won in a single year with Carlos Santana and Norah Jones (eight).
He co-wrote "We Are The World" with Lionel Richie.
Michael is Nicole Richie's godfather. He also is godfather to Bee Gees star Barry Gibb's son Michael, and Oliver star Mark Lester's kids.
Michael and brother Tito were best men at Liza Minnelli and David Gest's wedding.
Michael's performance during the 1993 Super Bowl half-time show drew the largest TV audience in American history.
Martin Scorsese, John Singleton and John Landis have all directed his videos.
In 1999 he paid $1.5 million for the 1939 Best Picture Oscar, which was presented to producer David O. Selznick for "Gone With The Wind."
He appeared on a postage stamp in the Virgin Islands in the mid-1980s after locals voted him the superstar they'd most like to honor.
An extensive 1997 survey declared him was the Most Famous Person in the World.
He helped plan neighbor Gregory Peck's funeral.
He once described close friend Elizabeth Taylor as "a warm cuddly blanket that I love to snuggle up to and cover myself with".
"Simpsons" creator Matt Groening confirmed in 2003 (when the DVD was released) that Michael did the voice of a character in a mental institution in the "Stark Raving Dad" episode (1991). He had been credited as John Jay Smith because of contract issues.
Michael shares the same birthday as John McCain, who turns 72 today.
Can the King of Pop make a comeback? In a PopEater poll of 59,000 people, 71 percent answered "Not a chance."

He has a lot of KFC for being a "vegetarian"...LOL!

Can the King of Pop make a comeback? In a PopEater poll of 59,000 people, 71 percent answered "Not a chance."

this makes me sad... :(

dangerous 88 polls don't determine how well someone will do. He is still very much loved like when he showed up at christian audigier's birthday party in LA people were cheering loud so you see footage like that speaks a hell of a lot more volumes than a silly poll that says otherwise.

LOL I thought that too but...

in some interview I read he said he was told he had to have some meat.

Last edited:

Think rationally. He's not even releasing new music (yet), however he's still charting all over the world in terms of videos and music! This poll is trash.

Think rationally. He's not even releasing new music (yet), however he's still charting all over the world in terms of videos and music! This poll is trash.

Yes. If he sells to 29% of the people in the world he will surpass Thriller. Besides, they are just saying they don't think he can come back. They aren't saying they don't want him to. In the US anyway we have alway rooted for the underdog. People thinking he doesn'[t have a chance could actually work in his favor.

is it possible to consider that he in fact WAS a vegetarian - and you can know it from his own words, I did't find the qoute right now, but I know that he was speaking about his animals, and said, I love them, how could I eat them. Since I am 20 years old I didn't touch any meat. (in this way)

Corey Feldman quote:

I was eating a steak one day and he sat down next to me and was mooing and saying, "You realize you're eating a cow right? Why are you doing that?" And then I became friends with Michael and he was vegetarian at the time but no longer is an advocate but at the time he was very influential in that world. But he brought me to his house and had his chef prepare me my first vegetarian dinner which basically helped sell it.

from yesterday, there is a article from the mirror uk. I would like to know,how is it possible that they ignore his statement concerning state of health.

When MC Hammer challenged him to a dance-off, Michael reportedly responded, "I've seen your videos and every single dance move you use, you got off of me."
:rofl: :D:lol:Thank you eternitys_child.

Thanx for the news and mentionings MsSnoop and dorothy.

This will just show people they were wrong! When he comes back bigger than ever, they'll have to eat there words!

Michael Jackson Mentionings for Jan 4, 2009:

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net...181284/Oprah-and-Ellen-and-Celine-and-Charice

She’d also like to show her audiences that she can do more than just the big showpiece ballads. Occasionally she’ll surprise audiences by doing a Miley Cyrus number, or even “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson. Her own listening these days runs to rhythm and blues, Chris Brown and Rihanna, she says. But audiences have come to expect full birit mode from her, the athletic numbers that showcase her big outsize voice and what she can do with it.

http://www.startribune.com/entertai...?elr=KArksD:aDyaEP:kD:aUnOiP3UiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

No one considered music videos to be anything other than telegenic billboards when MTV launched its 24-hour-a-day music channel in 1981. Those were the days when labels spent lavishly on cinematic-quality productions such as Michael Jackson's 14-minute "Thriller" music video, directed by Hollywood filmmaker John Landis, which cost $1 million.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/01/dictators_to_the_right_of_me_p.html

[FONT=times new roman,times]But, again, you will search the 50th Anniversary MSM stories in utter vain for the slightest mention of any of the above unpleasantness. Now let's look at how they treated Augusto Pinochet, head of a regime accused of 3000 deaths (including collateral damage) when it thwarted Castroism in Chile. Many of these dead, by the way, keep climbing out of their graves much like the dancers in Michael Jackson's Thriller. [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]see[/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times][/FONT]

Michael Jackson HIStory for Jan 4, 2009:

1997 - The first leg of Michael Jackson's "HIStory" world tour ended at the Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, HI.

What i hate is that evan though these tabloids are saying that MJ is dying they are still calling him Jack-0

Back