Michael to take over entire ad break 8th March 9:30PM GMT During Dancing on ice (merged)

Sebastian83

Proud Member
The source is not the most reliable one, but it sounds really serious.

Michael Jackson was made to take a 50-point health MOT to show he is fit enough for his sensational comeback.

The Thriller star, 50 – dogged by rumours of ill health – got the all-clear from docs for his £50million concerts at the O2 arena, East London, in June. And we can reveal he is taking over an entire advert break during ITV1’s Dancing on Ice on Sunday evening to show a montage of his best bits.

Jittery insurers ordered the tests over fears they’d be left out of pocket if his 10 gigs were scrapped.

A source said: “Every physical test under the sun was done to ensure all bases were covered. They are confident his health is good enough to perform.”

The cash-strapped star, whose last big gigs were in 1997, rejected three lucrative offers before thrashing out the last-minute deal.

An insider said: “The bosses were sweating he wouldn’t accept but he finally put pen to paper.”

Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news...he-can-manage-02-arena-dates-115875-21171604/

Does this mean that Michael will appear there or will they just show a montage video of his best moves during the entire break to promote the concerts? what do you think?

Re: Michael to appear at "Dancing On Ice" Sunday ITV1?

Oh man, information overload!!

ehhhhhhh,we shall see

It will just be an add like they said advert not a personal performance
at an ice show _ it will probably about 5 minutes long

If they're promoting his live credentials with an exciting montage on the Sunday evening, it makes me more convinced tickets are going on sale on the Moday.

Its basically going to be a 4 minute montage video shown in an ad break. Probably something like the 'Brace Yourself' Video.

March is going to be THE most memorable month ever. x

Michael won't be on Dancing On Ice but there will be a whole advert break dedicated to Michael on ITV1 at 9:30pm on Sunday 8th March.

no way would he show up there and for what reason ?

hes done the promoting for the concerts this thursday .

but i will deffo be watching to see the video :)

It'll probably be the video they showed at the press conference.

i.e. the boring one that is pretty similar to the brace yourself montage

An exclusive new Michael Jackson video showcasing his electric performances over the years will make a record breaking debut on Sunday, 8 March at 9.30pm on ITV. Michael Jackson will be the only artist ever to take over an entire ad break.

Source: 02

http://www.theo2.co.uk/general/michael-jackson-performs-in-london-for-the-last-time.html

I have changed the title.. as Michael is not appearing on the show.

MJ's Record Breaking Debut On ITV1 This Sunday (8th March 2009)

On Sunday, March 8th at 9.30 p.m. Michael will make a record breaking debut on ITV with his video showcase promoting ‘This Is It’. The showcase, which is a video montage advertisement of Michael’s songs, will be the only advertisement ever to take up the entire commercial break on British television.

Re: MJ's Record Breaking Debut On ITV1 This Sunday (8th March 2009)

I'll be sure to look out for that! What programme is it during? Dancing on Ice or something? Ahhh too bad that show sucks :( lol.

Re: MJ's Record Breaking Debut On ITV1 This Sunday (8th March 2009)

:wild: awesome

Re: Michael to take over entire ad break 8th March 9:30PM GMT During Dancing on ice

Didn't they show this video on the feed after he made his announcement? It was similar to the "Brace Yourself" video.

Re: Michael to take over entire ad break 8th March 9:30PM GMT During Dancing on ice

Didn't they show this video on the feed after he made his announcement? It was similar to the "Brace Yourself" video.

I think it will be the same video. However when the news channels were showing the conference live, they didn't allow viewers to see the video in its entirety and a short segment of it.

I think its a great move, it builds up hype and hysteria, kind of reminds me of when he did the BAD Pepsi adverts in the 80's.

Somewhere on the board, it was stated by someone in the media or maybe O2 itself said the originally planned short film didn't work at the press conference. Maybe it was the host of the conference that made the comment, but I'm sure not going through the hundreds of posts to find it right now:smilerolleyes:.

cool:)

Somewhere on the board, it was stated by someone in the media or maybe O2 itself said the originally planned short film didn't work at the press conference. Maybe it was the host of the conference that made the comment, but I'm sure not going through the hundreds of posts to find it right now:smilerolleyes:.

Sky News said that the originally planned short film didn't work properly. Yet when I was watching the conference live at the time, you wouldn't have gathered that all. So I don't know whether Sky News were telling the truth (since they are not always reliable) or whether they were just trying to place a negative slant on things.

The feed on MichaelJackson.com showed a video after the conference, I'm guessing it'll just be the same vid.

i.e. the boring one that is pretty similar to the brace yourself montage

its not boring to casual fans or non fans, people wont watch that and think "oh god its the brace yourself video!" LOL!

I love the show but will be more excited this week, good job Ray did his smooth criminal dance a few weeks ago, he loves Michael and was not happy that he had a bit of a trip during that routine.

The short film worked fine at the O2 (I was there). It just didn't start on time because of a technical problem. This is the same video which will be shown during the ad break on ITV1!

Like most people said on here, We Will Have To See.

and if it does, I hope to get a link, because I don't think I have that channel.:)

Back