View Poll Results: which one u love more?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thriller

159 69.13%
  • Invincible

71 30.87%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Thriller" or "Invincible"

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    lost, lonely & scared... wanna live with Michael is; pleeeaaase.
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: "Thriller" or "Invincible"

oh myyy!

the result so far is so surprising! i expected Invincible to have recieved more vote! guess i was wrong!
    Sunflower Just Loves the SUN
    ---
    "Respect is Not Given, it's Earned"
    ---

Legends Never die

Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjscarousal View Post
    Just because thriller was commercial doesn't mean that it was a bad album that WAS during the peak of Michael's career so of course its going to get alot of exposure. Saying Thriller is more commercial than invincible is laughable. Half of the songs on invincible are very commercial it doesn't sound like classic Michael at all. All that computerized vocals and effects if that ain't commercial then what is? No offence but some songs on invincible you can tell Michael was going for the current time WHICH is trying to stay commercial. Its out of Thriller's league period BUT Invincible is still a good album.
    Oh please! Invincible was not commercial..name any tracks from another artist that even sounded remotely close 2 the sounds on invincible? NONE! Thriller is more commercial than invincible so i suggest u start laughing. And which songs say mike was goin 4 current? Cuz last time i check mike shocks pple givin them something they havent heard b4..break of dawn = classic michael..speechless= classic michael, cry=classic michael. Thriller is out of vince's league. Like i said anything put up against thriller is goin 2 lose simply because of its status and fans and pple r brainwashed into thinkin its the best album ever created on the face of earth just because it sold the way it did. Thriller is bangin 1 of his best but holds no candle 2vince

Edit wow i sounded pissed lol
    Last edited by michaelsson; 23-08-2008 at 10:36 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z0XD5WmxUM <--- "The Way You make Me Feel Live Vs Video. Check it Out!

FOR YOU'RE ALWAYS,IN MY HEART
    ITS 2009 AND MICHAEL AND I ARE IN TOUR MODE
    MICHAEL IM COMIN 2 JAM WITH U ON JULY 13TH,2009

3. The Following User Says Thank You to michaelsson For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Killer Thriller !

The King Never Left.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

thriller ftw

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Just because thriller was commercial doesn't mean that it was a bad album that WAS during the peak of Michael's career so of course its going to get alot of exposure. Saying Thriller is more commercial than invincible is laughable. Half of the songs on invincible are very commercial it doesn't sound like classic Michael at all. All that computerized vocals and effects if that ain't commercial then what is? No offence but some songs on invincible you can tell Michael was going for the current time WHICH is trying to stay commercial. Its out of Thriller's league period BUT Invincible is still a good album.
    No, of course Thriller isn't a Bad album..

..that came next. =]

But seriously folks, I wasn't trying to say Thriller is a bad album. It isn't. It's amazing, a masterpiece. But the poll was to find out which one is the favorite, and I prefer Invincible because I feel like Michael was more willing to put "odd" or less commercial tracks on it (Speechless, Privacy, even Heartbreaker), and I love those tracks. I think he wasn't concerned with putting out "the perfect pop album" where "every song is a hit" and "every one is just killer" because he'd already done it.
    Last edited by coolerthanallie; 24-08-2008 at 01:02 AM. Reason: I need typing help today.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

i chose thriller because i can listen to every single song anytime, no matter what, but with invincible i find myself skipping songs sometimes because i have to be in a certain mood for them, not to say i don't love them

hmm, hope i explained that right

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsson View Post
    Oh please! Invincible was not commercial..name any tracks from another artist that even sounded remotely close 2 the sounds on invincible? NONE! Thriller is more commercial than invincible so i suggest u start laughing. And which songs say mike was goin 4 current? Cuz last time i check mike shocks pple givin them something they havent heard b4..break of dawn = classic michael..speechless= classic michael, cry=classic michael. Thriller is out of vince's league. Like i said anything put up against thriller is goin 2 lose simply because of its status and fans and pple r brainwashed into thinkin its the best album ever created on the face of earth just because it sold the way it did. Thriller is bangin 1 of his best but holds no candle 2vince
    Edit wow i sounded pissed lol
    songs like "Heaven can't wait"- "2000 watts", "Heart Breaker", "Invincible" were very overproduced tracks which was unnessary. I liked (Heaven can wait) though.
    The reason why that was done was so it could get played on the radio, mainstream radio which is "commercial". Don't get me wrong I love invincible and I think its one of Michael's most underrated albums BUT im a realistic when I say that was his weakest album and there were some weak tracks not as much as critics said though. I don't consider it a classic like Thriller. I dont think Thriller is the BEST BEST bestest album ever made but COMPARED to Invincible its a classic. I do agree that folks hype Thriller up. I'd take BAD compared to thriller but their not being compared...
    but if you favor it more thats cool. I mean foreal invincible is a great album I never said it wasn't but compared to Thriller its out of its league.... but its just opinions at the end of the day lol and I respect urs.

Quote Originally Posted by coolerthanallie View Post
    No, of course Thriller isn't a Bad album..

..that came next. =]

But seriously folks, I wasn't trying to say Thriller is a bad album. It isn't. It's amazing, a masterpiece. But the poll was to find out which one is the favorite, and I prefer Invincible because I feel like Michael was more willing to put "odd" or less commercial tracks on it (Speechless, Privacy, even Heartbreaker), and I love those tracks. I think he wasn't concerned with putting out "the perfect pop album" where "every song is a hit" and "every one is just killer" because he'd already done it.
    Just about half the songs on Invincible would have been hits IF Invincible had gotten more promotion. Songs like Heartbreaker, Unbreakable, Invincible are real radio friendly songs that sound "current" and commercial BUT thats my opinion. I feel with Invincible, SOME of the songs were about "staying current with the times", nothing "classic" about it BUT great album. I agree with you that with Thriller he did want to come out with the biggest album. If you prefer invincible thats cool, I respect that.. i mean invincible is a tight album lol

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

songs like "Heaven can't wait"- "2000 watts", "Heart Breaker", "Invincible" were very overproduced tracks which was unnessary. I liked (Heaven can wait) though.
    The reason why that was done was so it could get played on the radio, mainstream radio which is "commercial". Don't get me wrong I love invincible and I think its one of Michael's most underrated albums BUT im a realistic when I say that was his weakest album and there were some weak tracks not as much as critics said though. I don't consider it a classic like Thriller. I dont think Thriller is the BEST BEST bestest album ever made but COMPARED to Invincible its a classic. I do agree that folks hype Thriller up. I'd take BAD compared to thriller but their not being compared...
    but if you favor it more thats cool. I mean foreal invincible is a great album I never said it wasn't but compared to Thriller its out of its league.... but its just opinions at the end of the day lol and I respect urs.
    You thn they were over-produced?? Heartbreaker i agree slightly but thats what made it hot..heartbreaker is a super dance track and the prodction was just right. And that wasnt done 2 get mainstream radio play it was done because mike thought it was hot..since when has mj done stuff to please the public lol. but ehhh ur entitled 2 ur own Opinion i guess..lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z0XD5WmxUM <--- "The Way You make Me Feel Live Vs Video. Check it Out!

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Voted Invincible.
    believe in yourself, no matter what.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

but the most i love Dangerous!
    Moonwalker Romania

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

THRILLER, DEFO!!!
    I love EVERY song on Thriller, but on Vince it has my lease fave MJ songs such as Cry, Privacy, 2000 Watts, the first 3 tracks sound the same to me... but it does have amazing songs such as Break of Dawn, YRMW, Butteflies, Whatever Happens, The Lost Children, Heaven Can Wait.

But Thriller though, WBSS, Billie Jean, Baby Be Mine, Lady In My Life.....GAH EVERY TRACK is perfect. And his voice is just THE BEST on that album.
    Beat It to LIML is the best run of songs on an album EVER!

“To give someone a piece of your heart is worth more than all the wealth in the world.”
    -Michael Jackson

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

^ugh.........movin along

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I picked Vince. Thriller is a classic yes, but honestly, I get tired of people talking about it in the news/media likes its the BEST ALBUM EVER OMG THRILLA THRILLA THRILLA... imo it's not but that's just my opinion :lol: Again, not tryna diss Thriller, cause it is great but I guess I'm just in the Invincible mood nowadays..
    Last edited by TillitsGone; 27-08-2008 at 06:11 AM. Reason: typo

Ain't nuthin' wrong with taking a chance, but damn you so mysterious!

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I am in love with every single song on thriller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And like someone said beofre, sometimes I gotta be in a certain mood to listen to some of the songs on Vince, but I can put the whole Thriller album on repeat and 'rock the night away' (tee hee hee)

We can fly, so high, let our spirits never die.
    Look for the rainbow in the sky.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

There are some of my favourite tracks on Invincible (like Whatever Happenes or Speechless) yet I still like Thriller more. Chills run down my spine every time I listen to it.

All my life I wanted to roam
    to go to the ends of the earth
    but the earth really ends where you started to roam
    and you and I know what a circle is worth