Escape: Should it be on the new album?

michaeljojacksonfan

Proud Member
Personally i feel this should be on the new album. Here are my reasons why..

* It is one of his absolute best unreleased songs. So creative and funky. Also with songs like Another Day on the album i feel this song would flow very nicely.
* It was created this last decade which means it is more or less recent.
* Michael himself had planned for the song to be on the 2003 album. This probably more so then any other reason is why i think it should be on the new album.
* This song DESERVES to be known worldwide. The longer its left unreleased, the more it will sound dated when it is released.
* The lyrics. The lyrics alone will be enough to get people talking, lines like "When i go this problem world won't bother me" or "Escape is what i need, away from electric eyes" etc. Regardless if there are some that don't think much of the song the lyrics itself will be enough to get people talking about it.

Michael was talking about a way of escaping from the world, escaping from 'electric' eyes, escaping from all the injustice that surrounded him. Well June 25th 2009 he got his escape, surely not the way he would have wanted, but he got it. This song will make people think. Do you think it should be on the new album? And if not then how should it be released? (or do you think it shouldn't be released at all?)

NO! and i still don't get this! why do most of fans want stuff that already heard on the new album! we need the new materials! i know escape wasn't released, even thought i believe it's a great song, but sorry we have it in full .. let's just enjoy other new releases!

Yes! I would love to hear this masterpiece in seriously HQ and maybe even a few new tweaks

Triple yes!

Fact is there will be stuff we have heard on it so it may as well be awesome
stuff like Escape.

Should be one of the singles also.

I think it sounds cold and empty unless heard with proper bass, and it's not gonna sound great on peoples ipods if they have cheap headphones, it sounds like no other track ive ever heard and it's really not mainstream enough for single, it wouldn't sell well. However i do absolutely love it. The version we all have was reworked was it not after the leak, so im presuming that version is stronger and that should be the one included if it is to be on the album, though i wouldn't have it as a single.

Yes, it should go on there. I can hear the "amazingness" and "blow me awayness by your funky sublimeness" even in bad youtube rips. That one just HAS to go one there. It could always be mixed in a way to impress a bit "easier" even on cheaper machines and speakers, at least I can hear that even through a bad youtube track.

I seriously salivate thinking about it. :D

depends if there are better songs to pick from? find out by xmas...

I dont know, i have it but many fans who are new may NOT have it, and its such an amazing song, i mean the sounds are soooo Michael Jackson, sooo unique and the lyrics, shows just how he was feeling, i dont know, but i think it should be released

Nice track but it's not single-worthy and shouldn't be on this album. Too weak. Sorry guys...

* Michael himself had planned for the song to be on the 2003 album.
* This song DESERVES to be known worldwide.
I agree with this. Then more people could hear the song not only hardcore fans. It will be unfair if it is never released. Escape is a very good song IMO.

Last edited:
I absolutely love that song! And I would love for it to be on the new album. However I also agree with what MusaedJackson said. We do need new materials.

So I'm kind of stuck on this one!

No. I love the song, but I want strictly unheard material on this album. We haven't had an album of new material for nearly a decade. I don't want this new album to be filled with a bunch of tracks we've all heard hundreds of times.

No. I love the song, but I want strictly unheard material on this album. We haven't had an album of new material for nearly a decade. I don't want this new album to be filled with a bunch of tracks we've all heard hundreds of times.
I agree about this, though maybe a much better version exist? The one we all have sounds like a demo.

Yes, it definitely should be. It's fine to say that you want totally unheard material on the album, but for todays average listener, Xscape is unheard. We are all hardcore fans so of course we would have heard it. If a song that to the majority is unheard, and it's an extremely strong, single-worthy song, then it should be on there. It outshines most music today and sounds completely timeless. I personally hope it's on there :)

If Escape gets released, even more people will believe in the Michael Jackson death hoax.. lol.

Love to read everyones views on this. To those who say the version we all have has been remastered, i dont know if there is any truth to that. I think the version we all have sounds amazing (and remember its not in CDQ). I honestly can't see how they could make the song even better.

And for those who say it shouldn't be released on the new album, just how then should it be released? Should it not be released at all?

Yes it should be on the new album. It's a good song, and most non MJ fans (or fans who don't download songs off the net) haven't heard it yet.

Xscape isnt weak. Its amazing!!! I would love for it to be officially released. BUT....its not new for the fans. So i dunno. tbh im not too excited about these "new albums" with unreleased tracks anyway

Yes, I want it on there!! I think the song is great. Just not other tracks we've heard MILLIONS of times because then it will ruin all this waiting we've been doing for it. I just want to hear Michael's voice again!!

I think it's a great song, but to me, it sounds dated...so no, I don't think it should be on the album...

Yes, it definitely should be. It's fine to say that you want totally unheard material on the album, but for todays average listener, Xscape is unheard. We are all hardcore fans so of course we would have heard it. If a song that to the majority is unheard, and it's an extremely strong, single-worthy song, then it should be on there. It outshines most music today and sounds completely timeless. I personally hope it's on there :)

:agree: I totally agree!

It would be so cool if Escape made the album. :) It should have been released earlier on Invincible along with Another Day. These two songs would flow perfectly so I think there is a possibility that both of them will soon be released. And more importantly, they still sound fresh even though they were recorded years ago.

Back