24 Sep08: mentionings.............

i dont believe michael thinks that people want him to fail. not after all the love and adulation he's gotten since day one from the whole world. through all the hard times in his life his fans stood by him and showed him limitless support and unconditional love. he knows that very well. as for the general public, i believe that once michael releases his album they're gonna love it and its gonna top the charts all over the globe. not everyone in the media hates him. there are many ppl in the media that are fans and truly adore him. they talk about every move he makes (where he went for dinner, what movie he went to see, how much pop corn he ate, how long he stayed in the bathroom lol etc etc) so we can only imagine how crazy they're gonna get when he releases new music. they ask the ppl who are working with him more questions about him than about them lol. they're totally crazy about him as they always were. the ppl of the general public are going to forget all the ish of the past and their opinions about him and they're going to support him as an artist again.
as for his young competition comment..... :bs: they are the ones who should feel intimidated by him not the other way 'round. i believe that is not true either and it is just what ne-yo believes or wants to believe.

Roxanne, I think you're in denial.. Mike is the underdog. Don't you agree that 15 years of allegations have taken a toll on his reputation?

Thanks Rasta.

I do see some people's points regarding what Ne-Yo said but to be fair, this article came from The Mirror. Not exactly a reliable source. I doubt that MJ is deperate, has competition and thinks that his new CD is another Thriller. I do not think, if true, that MJ should be chasing Thriller and I think that it is unfair that MJ should be worrying if people expect him to fail when the very people the media embraces are copycats of Michael. I think to be honest, people are expecting MJ to make the best music he can possibily make in a music market that is a complete joke. Look at the AMAZING list of songs that THE MAN Babyface has written. Most of those songs are classics. Where are those types of songs in today's music? Not there. So, I think what this Mirror tabloid has written up is lame and pathetic and I doubt that Ne-Yo said anything about MJ being desperate. I do not believe that. BTW, Ne-Yo has a right to an opinion. Some of you guys may not like what he has to say, but he has a right to say it. I hope his songs do make it on MJ's CD and I do not think that he should stop saying how he feels. He didn't trash MJ he is just stating a very realistic point that we all really disagree with.

"One of the reasons these parties are desegregated is because they mix up the music," shouted Cameron Beasley, 23, who was collecting the cover charge. "I mean, who doesn't like 'Billie Jean'?"

Now, that is a great point. That is what I like about music, it brings all people together.

Wow, I still can't get over all of those songs that Babyface has written. Most of them I remembered very well. :)

I think it is Neyo that is not confident. When he speaks about MJ he leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth., he acts as if it is MJ that must learn from him. He shows no deference in his commentary. i am getting tired of this man. he needs to learn respect.

What? Oh please. We do not even know if the article is even true. This is the Mirror we are talking about here, not some AP. When I read the article, I read a man who is realistic about the situation. MJ is trying to focus on the music and Ne-Yo is just saying how he feels about it, if the article is true. I think it is unfair to judge someone based on a few things that he said about Mike. He has a lot of respect for the man and he did not say things that was meant to be "confidential". I doubt that he acts as though MJ should learn from him. The man knows damn well that he is trippin' if he feels that MJ should learn from someone that copies from him. I think some of you people are taking the aritcle way too seriously. MJ is not doing this CD by himself and he handpicked Ne-Yo based on what he put on the table. If MJ has any indication that Ne-Yo is the type that likes to talk, he should have never picked him. Ne-Yo doesn't really need to learn anything. It is not his issue if some fans have to expect people to kiss MJ's butt just because he is Michael Jackson. Go, Ne-Yo. Say what you feel even though I disagree with you.

Last edited:
Thanks for all this.

Nice description of his dance, he truely is uniq and perfect.

Hey peeps, got something for you guys. I know it came from these fools, but if ANYONE ever thought it would happened, they now can stop thinking that it would -

http://www.tmz.com

Party Favors: Brangie Going to South America to Adopt Another Child? ... Q Says N to MJ ... Strange Lunchfellows at Phillippe

Brangelina could be headed to South America, like Bolivia or Paraguay, to adopt their next child, says the Chicago Sun-Times ... Quincy Jones tells FOX News he has no intention of producing Michael Jackson's next album ... Ever wondered what Roger Stone, Jalen Rose, Keith Ablow and Hank Sheinkopf might have in common? Perhaps not -- but they've been packin' them in at Ronn Torossian's lunches at Philippe Chow. So now you know.

Hey peeps, got something for you guys. I know it came from these fools, but if ANYONE ever thought it would happened, they now can stop thinking that it would -

http://www.tmz.com

cheers, B. Swedien pretty much confirmed this more than a year ago. he and Quincy are still very close.

Havnt seen this posted yet

Jodie Marsh gets yet more tattoos - this time of Michael Jackson, Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry

By Jody Thompson, Mirror.co.uk 24/09/2008
940D0FC7-E824-008B-EB98DAE6ED462EEA.jpg
jody marsh

Supposed glamour model Jodie Marsh has got yet more rubbish tattoos – this time, rather inexplicably, or Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry and Michael Jackson.
The new portraits on her arms make the amateur-ish inkings on the rest of her fake-tanned flesh look like the works of Leonardo Da Vinci.
940DD04F-DE6C-8227-4F030037D23DF7CF.jpg

Truth be told, the new appalling permanent scrawls on her skin barely look anything like the stars they’re supposed to depict either.
In fact, the more we look, the more we're sure if one is Chuck Berry or Little Richard. Either way, we've never heard Marsh even mention being a fan of either before, or ***** for that matter.

Neyo needs to shut up, michael doesn't have to make another thriller there is nothing that will top it it was all about timeing when that record came out.

And everyone and their mothers are waiting for mj to make a record not fail, neyo talks bull shit, and mj being the under dog wtf is that all about

Ne-Yo is the one who is probably nervous. LOL!

He's nervous that MJ hasn't selected one of his songs to record yet. I mean, how many times has Mike sent Ne-Yo back to the drawing board to fix something?

Ne-Yo was probably under the impression that MJ would have JUMPED at the opportunity to record one of his songs and now Ne-Yo is learning that MJ is a picky son of a gun.

How many times has an artist sent the songwriter back to the drawing board to fix something? LOL!

Re: Michael Wants Comeback Album to be bigger than Thriller

And the title is deceptive too, cause unless we hear michael say these words, this is only coming from Neyo, not Michael.

Actually its NOT even coming from Neyo
They did even QUOTE " " that phrase
it is there take on it not Neyos actual words.
The mirror is well know for making things up

As MJ fans we should know better that to
believe everyting we read in print

remember they will also lie about and embelish
whet Neyo says too as well as Michael and THATS THE TRUTH

Actually its NOT even coming from Neyo
They did even QUOTE " " that phrase
it is there take on it not Neyos actual words.
The mirror is well know for making things up

As MJ fans we should know better that to
believe everyting we read in print

remember they will also lie about and embelish
whet Neyo says too as well as Michael and THATS THE TRUTH

Exactly. You took the words out of my mouth. This is the second time fans assumed that Ne-Yo said something when he really didn't.

As for the model with the tatoos, why are they hating? Let her be.

cheers, B. Swedien pretty much confirmed this more than a year ago. he and Quincy are still very close.

Cheers back to you, A. I didn't know Bruce confirmed that. I must have missed the article. I saw it on the website and needed to post it because there are some peeps out there who believed otherwise.

Ne-Yo was probably under the impression that MJ would have JUMPED at the opportunity to record one of his songs and now Ne-Yo is learning that MJ is a picky son of a gun.

He probably was but Ne-Yo, like any fan was excited that Mike even gave him a call, heck, even listens to his music. According to what I have read, he only sent Ne-Yo once to the drawling board. Hey, it is Mike's way of showing Ne-Yo what happens when you work with the King. He is showing him why he is the KOP.

Cheers back to you, A. I didn't know Bruce confirmed that. I must have missed the article. I saw it on the website and needed to post it because there are some peeps out there who believed otherwise.
yeah you probably would have missed it, since Bruce spoke to Roger F. about it. he confirmed this on another site he posts in.

yeah you probably would have missed it, since Bruce spoke to Roger F. about it. he confirmed this on another site he posts in.

Yeah, I def. missed it because I don't read RF's "articles". However, I have heard and read Bruce's site. Very interesting. :)

Lets leave Roger Friedman and he late arse article off the board. It was posted a long time ago that Quincy didn't have the time to work on the album - if things change I'm sure someone realiable will report it - otherwise it's old rubbish Friedman is trying to make into something.

Q has said he met Michael and a lawyer last year or something (probably for legal reason on Thriller25). Quincy has also told several times that he hasn't got the time to produce an album. Q has also more to lose dong it.
But I wouldn't be surprise if he and Michael has produced 1 song on the new album.

Actually that is a quote coming from RF article today. He had his article titled about Michael but about nothing if you know what I mean. It's old news but obviously it was put to Q and just said he wasn't working with him but they twisted it to that Michael was rejected of course. Desperate to talk about Michael but no one is talking now because they were got rid of or are dead.

ppl know what the mirror are like for twisting words inorder to create a story. i doubt neyo even said it or if he said something its been totally twisted. look how dramatic the article looks. thats what papers do. u would think fans would learn.

good news about the hospital lawsuit. stupid family got what they deserved.just hope it cant be refiled when they find anoteher ambulance chasing lawyer

i think this is o.k i ready all the news i maybe unstood it too if i post news to let you o.k thinks :)

http://www.new.facebook.com/inbox/readmessage.php?t=1006602013479&mbox_pos=0

MARCHING BAND JACKSON FAMILY TRIBUTE

The University of Minnesota Marching Band performed a tribute to the Jackson family as part of their half-time routine this year. The show ended with the entire band dropping their instruments to the ground and dancing to Michael Jackson's famous song 'Thriller.'

Click on the link below to watch the performance:-
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uh_cZKRdIQ

-------------------------------------------
GREATEST MOTOWN SONGS POLL

To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Motown Records, Universal Music are releasing the album Motown 50 on 1st December. Universal Music are inviting the public to vote for their favourite Motown tracks and the UK version of the album will be compiled purely from the top 50 tracks chosen by you on the GREATEST MOTOWN SONGS Poll ! (final track listing subject to clearance.)

Just select your Top 5 Motown songs, register your vote and your choices will be entered into the poll. You will also be connected to other members of the Poll The People community who match some or all of your Top 5 choices so you can meet like minded people and discover new gems from the legendary Motown catalogue.

The vote to decide the tracklisting for the Motown 50 album closes at midnight on Monday Oct 13th.

Have your say by clicking on the following link http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.pollthepeople.com/books/?pid=4 >>>>> Everyone who votes in the poll will be entered into a free prize draw to win one of 10 sets of the TOP 50 MOTOWN ALBUMS on CD (as selected by Universal Music) !

USA Fans: Click on the link below to vote and for the chance to win a trip to ‘Hitsville’ - the home of Motown!:-
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.universalmusiconline.com/motown-50-vote/

-------------------------------------------------------
NEW BILLIE JEAN FIGURE TO BE RELEASED

A new official Michael Jackson Billie Jean (HIStory Tour version) Figure is set for release in Japan December 2008!
Hot Toys proudly announces their latest addition to their ever growing M Icon Series - the Michael Jackson (Billie Jean / History Tour version) collectible figure. This figure stands approximately 30 cm tall and bears the distinct likeness of the legendary musician and Hollywood pop star in the 80’s, Michael Jackson.

This collectible features:
- Hot Toys' newly developed TrueType-"Slim version" body with over 38 points of articulation
- Trademarked single sequined white glove
- Sequined black coat
- White socks with black shoes
- Black hat
- Microphone
- Microphone stand
- Three sets of interchangeable hands
- 12 inches figure stand with Michael Jackson nameplate

Click on the link below for further information and images:-
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=17&pid=391

-------------------------------------------------
PROCLAMATION FOR MICHAEL
Reva Thomas, organiser of the ‘Tribute To Michael Jackson: 50th Birthday Celebration’ which was held in New York on August 23rd, 2008 received a Proclamation for Michael which was written by the Honorable Marty Markowitz, Brooklyn Borough President.

In the Proclamation the Honorable Marty Markowitz officially declared “Saturday August 23, 2008 as Michael “King of Pop” Jackson 50th Birthday & 25th Anniversary of ‘Thriller’ Celebration Day.”

The Proclamation reads as follows:

“Whereas, Brooklyn has long been renowned for its richness of its culture and artistic communities, it is therefore most fitting that we recognize those most distinguished individuals and organizations that support and promote expression in Brooklyn, throughout New York and the world; and
Whereas, in every generation stars are born and legends are made, yet there are those times when that rare individual stands above all who have come before and after them by elevating and revolutionizing their art form, thereby leaping beyond the confine of star or legend to a place undefined by mere words, and that is Michael Jackson and
Whereas, on behalf of all Brooklynites I salute Michael Jackson – on the occasion of his 50th Birthday and the 25th Anniversary of ‘Thriller’ – superstar, music icon, innovator, humanitarian, father, brother, son, and idol to millions of fans around the world, whose unparalleled career began in the 1960s as a member and lead singer of The Jackson 5, and who moved onto a solo career that has been unmatched by anyone before him or since, producing mega albums such as ‘Off the Wall’, ‘Dangerous’, ‘Bad’ and of course the legendary ‘Thriller’, which forever changed the music and video industry with more than 50 million copies sold worldwide, an unprecedented achievement on a album that produced the unforgettable ‘Billie Jean’, and ‘Beat It’, I commend him not only for his musical genius but for his humanitarianism, donating millions to charities around the world to alleviate hunger, homelessness, and disease, as well as his enormous contribution to!
the
arts, which certainly help to shape and change lives, and who according to the Guinness Book Of World Records in the 2000 Millennium Edition, Michael Jackson is listed as supporting the most charities by a pop star, I congratulate him on numerous Grammy Awards he has received throughout his career in recognition of his incomparable contribution to the music industry, and I join with family, friends and supporters worldwide in wishing Michael and extraordinary birthday, and I sincerely thank him for gracing the world with his music, unstoppable spirit and of course ‘Thriller’.
Now, therefore, I, Marty Markowitz, President of the Borough of Brooklyn, do hereby proclaim Saturday, August 23, 2008 Michael “King of Pop” Jackson 50th Birthday & 25th Anniversary of ‘Thriller’ Celebration Day.”

Well done Reva you’ve done Michael proud!

Click on the link below to see acopy of the Proclamation:-
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...ges/features/articles/reva/pics/picture52.jpg

Click on the link below to read Reva’s great article on ‘Tribute To Michael Jackson: 50th Birthday Celebration’:-
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://www.mjworld.net/features/articles/reva.php

----------------------------------------------
JACKSON’S CLOSET CONFIDANTE DIES

Last Saturday (20th September 2008), Bob Jones passed away. He suffered a heart attack after returning from a bike ride.

For many years Bob Jones ran the PR department of Motown. In 1987, he left the record label to work as Michael Jackson's publicist at MJJ Productions until 2004.

We send our heartfelt condolences to Mr. Jones' family.

--------------------------------------------
UK CHART UPDATE

‘King Of Pop’ drops 9 places on the UK Album Chart this week to #17. ‘Thriller’ rises 16 places to #85.

------------------------------------
AUSTRALIA CHART UPDATE

‘King Of Pop’ album drops 6 places on the Australian Album Chart this week to #14. It also drops 7 places on the Australian Physical Album Chart to #14.

‘Number Ones’ rises 3 places on Australian Music DVD Chart this week to #5.

Michael Jackson said " Forget it " ?
Ooooowwwww i don't think so!
He said: " I feel your love and it inspires me to create music every day. You inspire me and I remember everything that you do. And, I will do my best for you musically, creatively and visually. "

And now "forget it" ?
Ooohhhhww come on!?!?!?!

>____

i think MJ is afriad to come out again with news album cause people are so mean to him and juge him all the time

Repost: (lol!!!)

lol He didn't say "Forget it"...that's just classic article hype/sensationalism. I do believe that he is under a lot of pressure, though. Like the article said...young competition, people wanting him to fail...

It definitely has to have "killer melodies" as the article said. And killer beats that people want to dance too, as well!

I just hope he knows that he's also got mounds of people pulling for him too.

Better than Thriller? At this point I wouldnt care if Mike farted on a track and named is roses as long as the albums coming out I am happy. lol

I dunno I think Mike is taking so much care, time and consideration making the tracks the Neyo is assuming he wants something bigger than thriller. I dont think Mike actually told Neyo hes aiming to beat Thriller, even if Q and M worked together again they wouldnt beat Thriller. I think most of what the mirror said is just Neyo's opinion and they are saying it like it came from the horse's mouth

I think probably Michael is concerned with how the public will recieve his efforts. I wouldn't be surprised if he was afraid of them rejecting him. After all he's been through, I would think it would be hard for him not to expect that or that they would try to find a way to. But I think that's always been a concern of Michael's. That doesn't make what the Mirror said true though. Or what Ne-Yo said. I doubt Michael feels intimidated by todays "young competition". They aren't any competition at all. He's outselling them right now with a re-release of an album which has seen multiple re-releases. I think if Michael is intimidated by anything, it's people's reactions to him. They've spit on him so many times that it's got to be hard for him not to flinch every time he's faced with them.

Yes I agree with you WBSS21 Whenever Mike makes an album expectation is high its even worse now though probably b/c of all the rumors like can he sing can he dance and all that tat. and you know all the things thats gone on since invincible.
I think in Neyos opinion the competition is tough.
Even is he did sell more than thriller and it was the best album in the world they would still fing SOME way to find fault whether it be "well the album title could have been better or track to was this and that" they will find something

Better than Thriller? At this point I wouldnt care if Mike farted on a track and named is roses as long as the albums coming out I am happy. lol

:toofunny:

Ok that got me laughing :yes: You are easily entertained :yes:

Roxanne, I think you're in denial.. Mike is the underdog. Don't you agree that 15 years of allegations have taken a toll on his reputation?
wow.....as a fan who's been bashing him for 15 yrs...i can't wait to read ur reaction to his success...and how you'll tryto find things to complain and bitch about.

as for quincy...y the hell would mike want to work w/ his ass after he pretty much distanced himself away from mike...nice to know they went from really close and a father figure to someone he just knew in the studio....and b..s is full of nothing but....

and neyo? hell, if mj didn't say it and he finds this quote, then we'll see what hits teh fan. if he did and it's his intention to release an album of maximum quality, maybe this is the way to get word out that mj is looking for only the freshest people to work w/ so don't pull a pharrelland give him songs that are barely worth of timberlake.

Back