24 Sep08: mentionings.............

I think probably Michael is concerned with how the public will recieve his efforts. I wouldn't be surprised if he was afraid of them rejecting him. After all he's been through, I would think it would be hard for him not to expect that or that they would try to find a way to. But I think that's always been a concern of Michael's. That doesn't make what the Mirror said true though. Or what Ne-Yo said. I doubt Michael feels intimidated by todays "young competition". They aren't any competition at all. He's outselling them right now with a re-release of an album which has seen multiple re-releases. I think if Michael is intimidated by anything, it's people's reactions to him. They've spit on him so many times that it's got to be hard for him not to flinch every time he's faced with them.

I agree with you. This is the most important album of Michael's career IMO. This is his chance to prove that after everything that has happened to him, he still has it. But I know he can be great. He's not the King Of Pop for nothing.

i found more MJ news (i'm sorry if there is news i post i maybe understood it:))

here is website:http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=9065111&nav=menu612_2_7

Family of woman who died during Jackson visit drops lawsuit against Santa Maria hospital

SANTA MARIA, Calif. (AP) - The family of a woman who died at a Santa Maria hospital soon after she was moved to make room for an ailing Michael Jackson during his child-molestation trial has dropped a lawsuit against the medical center.

The Santa Maria Times reports that court documents filed August 19th on behalf of the family of 73-year-old Manuela Gomez Ruiz show they requested the lawsuit be dismissed.

The Ruiz family sued Marian Medical Center in February 2007 for infliction of emotional and mental distress.

Family members claim Ruiz was kept from critical care after a heart attack on the same day Jackson was brought in with flu-like symptoms during his 2005 trial.

Court documents did not give a reason why the lawsuit was dropped.

here is website:http://www.rap-up.com/2008/09/24/michael-jackson-tribute-album-in-the-works/

Michael Jackson Tribute Album in the Works

Quincy Jones tells FOX News that he’s working on a Michael Jackson tribute album scheduled for release next spring. About two dozen hip-hop and R&B stars are recording Jones’ songs for the compilation, which will include a collaboration between Usher and John Mayer.

“We’re trying to set up something for Mariah Carey now,” said the legendary producer behind Jackson’s Thriller and Bad albums.

As of now, Jackson has no plans to participate in the project.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 24th, 2008 at 10:53 am and is filed under Michael Jackson. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

here is website:http://news.sawf.org/Entertainment/53381.aspx

Michael Jackson Aiming to Outdo 'Thriller' with New Album
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 (EST)
Michael Jackson has set an unenviable target for himself for his comeback album: to outdo 'Thriller', his sixth studio album, released in 1982 which sold over 15 million copies worldwide.

September 24, 2008 (Sawf News) - Michael Jackson has set an unenviable target for himself for his comeback album: to outdo Thriller, his sixth studio album released in 1982 which sold over 15 million copies worldwide.

Talented singer and song writer Ne-Yo (Shaffer Chimere Smith) is part of Michael's new album team.

"This album needs to be better than Thriller. He wants killer melodies," Ne-Yo said during his recent Year Of Gentleman-themed gig at Hammersmith Apollo in London.

"I've already submitted some songs but we have no idea when it's coming out. He keeps putting it off," Ne Yo explained.

"Michael is very nervous as he knows he's the underdog and people want him to fail.

"There is so much young competition out there."

Despite the challenge, Ne Yo is looking forward to the album and fondly recalls his first meeting with *****,

"My hands were shaking like never before. But the great thing is that I get to work with my idol and he is really cool."

Thriller ranked number 20 on Rolling Stone magazine's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list in 2003, and was listed by the National Association of Recording Merchandisers at number three in their Definitive 200 Albums of All Time.

It was included in the Grammy Hall Of Fame, along with Pink Floyd's The Wall, in December 2007.

here is website:http://www.thisissurreytoday.co.uk/...on-tribute/article-351358-detail/article.html

Caterham man stuns X-Factor judges with his Michael Jackson "tribute"

As millions of open-mouthed viewers watched his Michael Jackson "tribute" on national television, a pizza delivery man was busy taking two large meat feasts to the wrong address.
Caterham resident and Michael Jackson fanatic Alan Penfold, 43, missed his own performance on ITV's pop reality contest, X Factor, as he was halfway through his evening shift for the Caterham branch of Dominos.
Approximately 9.7million viewers tuned in to see Alan's version of Jackson's number one hit Black or White, released in October 1991.
Alan, single, is praying Saturday's energetic cameo will help him fulfil his dream of becoming a TV presenter.
He said: "I see my future in the entertainment industry now. I'm so sick of delivering pizzas.
%3Cbody%3E%3Cdiv%20id%3D%22adDiv%22%3E%3CA%20HREF%3D%22http%3A//ads.anm.co.uk/ADCLICK/CID%3Dfffffffcfffffffcfffffffc/AAMSZ%3D452x118/SITE%3DTHISISSURR/AREA%3DNEWS/SUBAREA%3D/ARTICLE%3D351358/acc_random%3D981335997/pageid%3D/RS%3D10187.10245.10177.10183.10244.10257.10287.10296.%22%20target%3D%22_new%22%3E%3CIMG%20SRC%3D%22http%3A//iad.anm.co.uk/anmdefaultad.gif%22%20ALT%3D%22%22%20border%3D0%20style%3D%22margin-bottom%3A%200px%3B%22%3E%3C/A%3E%3C/div%3E"I love watching Paul O'Grady and it is my dream to have my own show. I really feel as though I can make it in TV as I've loved it all my life.
"I really enjoyed the experience. However, I didn't think it was fair when the judges started laughing halfway through my performance. That was disrespectful."
Alan, who has seen his idol Michael Jackson on three world tours, already has a number of local fans having performed karaoke at The Victoria Club, Lingfield for the past 10 years.
Having failed in an attempt to get on reality show Big Brother three years ago, he couldn't believe his luck when he got through X Factor's preliminary auditions four months ago at the O2 Arena.
He said: "I never expected it really. You have to go through three auditions before you get to perform in front of Simon Cowell."
Halfway through our breakfast at a Caterham café, a group of middle-aged women interrupted our interview to ask Alan for his autograph.
He said: "It's really quite strange getting recognised like this. Generally, people have been really kind as well.
"It's so crazy at the moment. Everyone seems to be calling me up. I could get quite used to it actually."
Alan said he was devastated when celebrity judges Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Danni Minogue and Cheryl Cole voted against him entering the next round of auditions.
He said: "I was really disappointed as I came really close to not going through with it.
"There was a gap of about five minutes on the day when I really felt like walking out."
Francis Penfold, Alan's mother, added: "I'm so pleased he did it, even if he didn't get through.
"He's always wanted to do something musical. When he told me that he got through I thought 'Oh yeah, pull the other one'.
"I can't believe he got as far as he did."

Please do not speak about RF or post his articles here or any part of this website as it is BANNED from MJJC.

Michael Jackson Business:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2008/09/now-there-are-4.html

Now there are four: EMI joins MySpace Music on eve of its launch*

On the eve of the launch of its new music site, MySpace said today that EMI Group, which counts the British band Coldplay (pictured above) among its jewels, is now part of the joint venture that already includes the other three top recording companies.
EMI was the missing link for the venture, which came out of a negotiation between MySpace and the recording industry over copyright infringement on the News Corp. social network. The music service, which will be available tonight at www.myspace.com/music, will include full songs streamed for free and personalized music management services. Through the service, which is powered by Amazon.com, MySpace users will be able to buy music downloads and ringtones as well.
As we noted last week, the service plays a crucial role in MySpace's future.
EMI confirmed that it reached an agreement for its music to join MySpace Music, although it will probably take a while to appear.
Another crucial piece added at the last minute: Sony ATV Music Publishing, a joint venture between Sony Corp. and Michael Jackson that oversees the copyrights on 600,000 songs.
I spoke to Martin Bandier, Sony ATV's chief executive, who said his company had to decide whether to join the venture or seek legal action against MySpace and News Corp. over alleged past copyright infringement on the site.
"This is about the future and not about the past," he said. "We didn’t want to get caught up in the technicalities of the past.... We didn’t want to be the stick in the mud stopping a social network from launching or moving."
-- Michelle Quinn

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117992801.html?categoryid=3253&cs=1

Matching sensibilities
You could argue that "Criss Angel Believe" isn't the first fusion of top-drawer Vegas production show and headliner act. For the debut of the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in 2005, ex-Cirque director Franco Dragone fashioned a visual spectacular around pop star Celine Dion. But while the show was a great success, the fusion of star and the Dragone conceptual vision proved challenging -- in some ways, the rest of the show virtually had to stop for Dion to talk to her audience and sing her catalog of hits, as she was expected to do. And if you weren't a fan of Dion, you didn't come to the show.
Mike Weatherford, entertainment columnist for the Las Vegas Review-Journal and a longtime observer of the Strip scene, also sees similarities between the new Criss Angel venture and the famous Siegfried & Roy Mirage illusion-spectacular that was shuttered after Roy was mauled by one of his beloved white tigers.
"Steve Wynn was frustrated that he couldn't get headline acts like Michael Jackson to commit for long runs," Weatherford says. "So he decided he'd make his own stars. And that's what he did with Siegfried & Roy." Indeed he did. But neither show is a precise parallel to this fall's highest-profile new Vegas show. Lamarre says that "Criss Angel Believe" will much more fully integrate its star in the overall aesthetic. But at the same time, it's the Cirque name that will draw most of the international crowd.

http://www.vueweekly.com/article.php?id=9704

was recorded using mainly first takes of the tracks. Despite the stripped-down sound that works so well on the record, Valiant concedes that there’s some ‘80s music that doesn’t translate easily into another form.
“There are some cases where [the production] is the song and you can’t really do it any other way,” she says. “Michael Jackson songs are hard to do because the production is such a big part of it. But most songs, you know, if they’re good you can dress them up and dress them down. It’s like a beautiful person: they can wear all sorts of different styles of clothing and they still look good.” V

http://www.blounttoday.com/news/2008/sep/24/shes-getting-close/

A fan of pop star Michael Jackson, Simmons said she once moonwalked in goal during a high school game. After a while, fans came to expect it.
“They used to hold up signs for me (saying): Dance for me, Desi,” she said.
“I’ve always got to be smiling in goal,” she added. “I have to make myself laugh. I just find little things funny.

For todays gesture drawing class, I grabbed a few frames from some home video footage of Michael Jackson dancing in a doorway. What I wanted to show the class was how conscious Michael is of where his body is in relation to the audience (in this case the camera). Every pose he strikes, and every move he makes is tailored to the viewer to give maximum readability and appeal. Every single pose creates a clear and striking silhouette. That's what we should be aiming for when we're drawing. For Michael, since he knows the camera is locked, he adjusts his body to create clear and readable poses. For us, as artists drawing a locked subject, we need to adjust our drawings in order to create clear and readable poses. It's not just about capturing what we see in front of us. It's also very important how we present what we see. Michael was keenly aware of his relationship with the audience. We should be too.
Another example on why he's one of THE most revered by dancers worldwide. Thanx for posting Rasta Pasta and Dorothy.
wannabestartinsomethin said:
You're tellin' me! lol. That's what I get for being rabid about making people appreciate his talent, lol.

But, in predictable fashion, I do agree with that article and I'm glad to see someone acknowledge the asthetic beauty of Michael's dancing. See, what seperates Michael as a dancer from almost everybody else is how clean he is combined with seemless fluidity and lightening quickness. It's true that a photograph can be taken of every pose he hits, or whichever position he finds himself in, at any given moment, and it will make for a perfect cut out, or silouhette, in which you can make out the positioning of his limbs and/or torso with total clarity. Check out any photo of him dancing and you'll see it. He's incredibly tight and accurate. And when you watch him in live action, and that cleanness is combined with this incredible speed and this perfect, uninteruppted connection of steps, it's the most incredible thing to look at. Like watch his opening sequence during "Billie Jean" on Motwon 25. He's so controlled and fast and his limbs just seem to cut through the air with no resistence. He has no excess movment, that's what makes him so clean. Like if you really pay attention to him when he's dancing, you'll notice how he connects each pose with a series of smaller steps in between, which sort of carry him from one pose to the next with perfect efficiency and percisian, and it makes his dancing completely fluid and stream lined. Other dancers often throw themselves in to the next pose, or thrash about in an unorganized, unthought out way to get there, and they appear sloppy and out of place between poses because of it. Michael dances to the next pose, each minuet movement is as important a step as the main one. It's not that Michael conciously thinks of connecting each pose with a series of smaller, just as thought out and cared for steps, it's just what he does naturally. He's truly a superior dancer.
Wow....Props for the breakdown. Seriously, you should meet up with the Alex Woo guy and have a discussion:)

As for Ne-Yo's remarks, I don't think he tried to cause MJ any harm, but he should of kept his mouth shut! He's not MJ's spokesman. Worse, I don't believe he quoted exactly what MJ said. Sounds more like he was talkin about his own impression and opinions.

Last edited:
http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTRE48O0WO20080925

MySpace finally rolls out music site with all labels

NEW YORK (Reuters) - News Corp's MySpace, the world's largest social networking site, on Wednesday unveiled a long-expected joint venture with all four major music companies in a bid to compete with Apple Inc's market-leading iTunes store.
MySpace Music is designed to win fans with a mix of unlimited free music, comprehensive music catalogs, concert tickets, merchandising and other entertainment features.
The launch of the new service had been dogged by speculation on the start date and the ongoing search for a chief executive.
But the biggest challenge for the new venture was signing a deal with the fourth-largest music company EMI Music, which had held out until just hours before the announcement of the service's launch.
MySpace Music also signed late licensing deals with The Orchard, a large distributor of independent music from hundreds of small labels and music publisher Sony/ATV, a joint venture between Sony Corp and pop star Michael Jackson.
In April, MySpace confirmed it agreed to create a joint venture with Vivendi's Universal Music Group, Sony BMG Music Entertainment and Warner Music Group
The majors agreed to take small equity stakes in the new business at a ratio which approximately reflects their respective market shares. This would mean Universal would have the largest stake and EMI the smallest.
The labels, who are struggling with shrinking recorded-music sales, are keen to benefit from the overall diversified revenues of MySpace Music -- making money from premium advertising, music download sales via Amazon.com, ringtones and eventually concert tickets and merchandising. Continued...

Why do I see news that was already posted last weekend? I thought this thread was about Wednesday's news.

Anyway, is it me, or the article regarding Ne-Yo is all mixed up and rehashed? Just asking. I can't see Q doing a tribute CD on MJ and asking today's "hot" artists. Heck, I think that story is made up. I prefer people who are familiar with how to get MJ news to post the news on MJ.

Sounds more like he was talkin about his own impression and opinions.

That is exactly what he is doing, if he actually said what he said. Only haters of Ne-Yo would believe that he did say those things, quotes or no quotes. All I have to say is that Mike could have done his CD by himself so he wouldn't have to go through different writers and producers. However, he made the choice to do his CD with other people. This is what happens when you work with other people - they have opinions and such. ALso, why should Ne-Yo keep his mouth shut? He can't state an opinion? He didn't trash MJ, he just stated his view on things.

Last edited:
I've always suspected Michael was putting the album off. Clearly some of the what the article states is the writer's opinion on what Neyo said however I do believe Michael did indeed say it needs to be better than Thriller and there's no reason for you all to dismiss that. There waz an interview before INVINCIBLE came out and MJ said in his opinion its better than Thriller.In another he said. "I cnt even outdo Thriller with MY own albums. These comments would suggest that our boy does want to outdo THRILLER. It sounds totaly plausible that MJ is worried about the response, my advice to him would be look at the success of T25 as to see that the world stil wants MICHAEL JACKSON. Or does he think it only did he because its Thriller?

I've always suspected Michael was putting the album off. Clearly some of the what the article states is the writer's opinion on what Neyo said however I do believe Michael did indeed say it needs to be better than Thriller and there's no reason for you all to dismiss that. There waz an interview before INVINCIBLE came out and MJ said in his opinion its better than Thriller.In another he said. "I cnt even outdo Thriller with MY own albums. These comments would suggest that our boy does want to outdo THRILLER. It sounds totaly plausible that MJ is worried about the response, my advice to him would be look at the success of T25 as to see that the world stil wants MICHAEL JACKSON. Or does he think it only did he because its Thriller?
Just because Neyo said it doen't mean that is what Michael is thinking or even wants. Neyo sounds arrogant to me. He probably turned up at MJ's house believing he came to rescue MJ. Maybe MJ doesn't like his attitude and doesn't want to use him, but MJ doesn't tell him no. Neyo needs to 'Take a hint'.:yes: If he is going to talk about Mj being the underdog, then his attitude is wrong. MJ has never been the underdog. That is not what i got from Will.I.am or Akon. Wrong attitude Neyo. Also, he talks too much.

That's what he probably thinks. It's like he's been chasing a ghost for 26 years. He mentioned that recording "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" were "the best fun" he ever had in the business or something to that degree.

That's what he probably thinks. It's like he's been chasing a ghost for 26 years. He mentioned that recording "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" were "the best fun" he ever had in the business or something to that degree.

:yes: Since his music comes from what's in his soul, I think that ALL of the disruptions in his personal life kinda threw his creativity into a different direction, and now, he's taking his time to find his way back (especially lyrically), to where he left off before ALL of the interruptions, intrusions & madness, that unfortunately PARTIALLY came as a result of his thrilling success.

I also believe that even the best artists have growth spurts, and perhaps the last 3 albums were just that for Michael, not that they were not all very good and even great (Invincible) by normal standards, but Thriller did set an all time high standard for the industry, even for The Man himself to strive for. I doubt that anybody will ever surpass it though, if for no other reason than because of the ability of the average person to make copies in HQ.

Just my 10 cents...

He said he can't outdo thriller with his own albums so I interpret that to mean that some of the pressure is OFF of him TRYING to do it. Yes, he tries to make MUSIC that's better than thriller, but to SURPASS thriller....not happening. MJ is an all around perfectionist but I don't think it has anything to do with thriller

IMO, I think Michael doesn't want to put a new project out when Janet has something out...

unlike, Beyonce.. he does give his little sister her space....

Niether do I J5. He's ALWAYS been that way, since he began his solo career as an adult. He's already made better music then "Thriller" and he put two albums out, both of which match, and in many's view, surpass "Thriller" artistically before any of this bull sh** happened to him, so I don't think he was thrown off of any path. Where he's gone is where he's supposed to have gone. Michael's also said that during the period of "OTW" and "Thriller" he was really depressed, he's said that more then once. Only recently has he said those were the happiest times in his life and he obviously meant career wise. He's really gaurded now. He won't talk about anything on a personal level anymore it seems and who can blame him? Every time he's tried, it's been used against him to hurt him. He won't say how he really feels. He's gone back to how he was throughout the 80s. He tried to be open because the world demanded it and when he was, they just abused him more. People hold "Thriller" over Michael's head as a way to bring him down, they won't allow him to move on from it. If you ever notice, he's rarely if ever the one to bring it up in interviews, it's always the guy asking the questions. They won't let him forget it and they push the idea that it was his artistic peak. Michael doesn't need that. If anyone should let him move on and go in different directions, it should be his fans, but even some of them won't allow that.

Hey, I'm just stateing what Michael's said himself. It wouldn't hurt to listen to him about what he says about himself.

Re: 25 Sep08: mentionings.............

To continue.. there is more>>>>>>>>>

oh my godd...oh my goddd..oh myyy GODDD~~!!!!!!

*tears in my eyes*

i have heard just about every one of those songs...they're all big radio hits!!

Go MJ!!!

thanks Rasta..this news always makes my day.

so big a compilation..it had to be listed in alphabetical order.

truly..the beginning..and the end..lol

lol..it's interesting that he owns word to the badd..and both versions of take a bow.

Back