3 July 2008 ~~From BILLBOARD: HMH to be on both Akon and MJ's Albums

I think Mj wrong footed them. They had no time to sabbotage the project as they have done in the past. The public has already heard it and they like it.

This is why I don't worry about MJ keeping his project close to his chest. He must wrong foot the media again.

Ah yes! I agree. The song just blew up! It just popped up on Youtube then dissappeared ... and has left everyone who heard it like, hell yesss :yes:

i love this song!thats a good news to have it on mj's album too,and thats bad,that this song has leaked:(

I hope this leak was a mastermind PR stunt..

Not saying it is.. But it could be used in so many great ways, if done properly.

I think Mj wrong footed them. They had no time to sabbotage the project as they have done in the past. The public has already heard it and they like it.

This is why I don't worry about MJ keeping his project close to his chest. He must wrong foot the media again.
Exxxxactly!!

See the beauty of not providing a release date? That song came out from nowhere like "BAM!!" Popped some folks in the back of the head and they didn't even see it coming!! They didn't have no reaction time!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm telling you.. There is a reason why BOTH Michael and Akons album do not have release dates yet..

Akons album has been done before the summer started.. He planned to release it in may but delayed it due to touring.. The last words he said is 'maybe Augest'.. Yet there is no official statement about when his album is coming out either..

Just pure NOTHING.. People wont know when to start digging, when to expect something, when to get prepared..

I think Akon plans to use MJ's comeback to help boost himself even MORE than MJ working with Akon for his own personal advancements..

I mean Akon can turn from a big producer and rapper to 'an accomplished artist' simply by working and being bosted up there by Michael..

They are gonna play off each other.. WATCH!

I think we all pretty much understand that there is more going on between Akon and MJ than just recording.. They have stuff coming up even outside of music.

Last edited:
It's not that rare and certainly not questionable.

The Jackson Five released 'Git It Together' back in the mid seventies and the single from that LP, 'Dancing Machine', went to #1.

What did Motown do? They released the next J-5 LP titled 'Dancin' Machine'. I have both albums in my dust box... I mean storage... hee...

Beyonce put Dangerously In Love on 2 CDs, one with Destiny's Child and then it was released as a solo single on Beyonce's debut album.

RnB singers Brandy and Monica had a top hit with the duet 'The Guy Is Mine'. The single appeared on both of their albums.

It's done to sell the product, that's all.

Re-releasing albums was a Motown trademark. If a song emerged as a big hit, they re-release the original album under that title in hopes the album becomes a big success.

And it's "The Boy is Mine", not "The Guy..." LOL

You aren't being real. You're a victim of media manipulation. The public IS interested in Michael. A friend of mine was in the Virgin mega store in New York last week, and suddenly the big monitors in there began playing Michael's performance on Motown 25 and he said EVERYONE stopped what they were doing and starred up at the screens like zombies, just glued to the set. They couldn't look away. That's the kind of power Michael has when he performs.

"Rolling Stone" is a joke which caters to rock listeners and has hated on Michael for YEARS. But believe me, when this song gets released and goes top ten, they won't have any choice but to acknowledge it. "Billboard" wrote about it already and it hasn't even been released, meaning no one really knows much about it or what the planes are yet except Akon, Michael and the record label.

If you don't think the public is interested in Michael, then just wait and see. They are. Very much so. This is getting massive attention on the internet right now. People are excited about this BECAUSE it has Michael on it. Not because it has Akon on it.

And thanks to mello.

HOLLA!

Plus when this song is talked about, whose name you think they gonna say first? Akon? Hell to the naw. Mike makes you stop and notice. Akon, I can keep it moving. :lol: No offense but that's how I feel. People are actually treating it like a MJ song. Oh well, so be it.

Re-releasing albums was a Motown trademark. If a song emerged as a big hit, they re-release the original album under that title in hopes the album becomes a big success.

And it's "The Boy is Mine", not "The Guy..." LOL
Guy, Boy, whatevr! :tease::tease::tease:

HOLLA!

Plus when this song is talked about, whose name you think they gonna say first? Akon? Hell to the naw. Mike makes you stop and notice. Akon, I can keep it moving. :lol: No offense but that's how I feel. People are actually treating it like a MJ song. Oh well, so be it.

For realz, lol. But that's just the truth right there.

HOLLA!

LOL I just snorted.

:hysterical:

"Plus when this song is talked about, whose name you think they gonna say first? Akon? Hell to the naw. Mike makes you stop and notice. Akon, I can keep it moving. No offense but that's how I feel. People are actually treating it like a MJ song. Oh well, so be it."

I can understand what people are saying because I - as a Jackson fan - take notice anytime MJ is mentioned in any type of news outlet. But please don't for a second think that in today's society that Michael Jackson is more popular than Akon or any type of musical talent. And before any 'haters' start their bashing ... I am not saying historically ... I think anyone who is old enough to remember when Michael ruled the music industry - 1984-1992 - gets goosebumps and takes notice of everything he touches because they are aware of his superior talent ... but as a teacher who works with teenagers - I have to tell you - MJ is not the 'hot commodity' that many people believe he is.

It is funny to hear people say that the whole world as well as the media has gone nuts over this song when the fact is - it has barely garnished any media attention at all and I mean the kind of attention MJ is accustomed to receiving. (limited online attention - other than message boards and sporadic musical sites ... In Jackson's heyday this would have been on television media people ... not delegated to 3rd rate websites)

I am not bashing MJ - I guess I am just skeptical as to how great Jackson is anymore. Are we holding onto hope that somehow the magic of 'thriller' is penning and producing quality material. Not sure how it will come off ... but my thoughts.

Let the bashing begin - its what happens on this site when anyone differs from the majority opinion lol

It's not that rare and certainly not questionable.

The Jackson Five released 'Git It Together' back in the mid seventies and the single from that LP, 'Dancing Machine', went to #1.

What did Motown do? They released the next J-5 LP titled 'Dancin' Machine'. I have both albums in my dust box... I mean storage... hee...

Beyonce put Dangerously In Love on 2 CDs, one with Destiny's Child and then it was released as a solo single on Beyonce's debut album.

RnB singers Brandy and Monica had a top hit with the duet 'The Guy Is Mine'. The single appeared on both of their albums.

It's done to sell the product, that's all.

Exactly. It's not unusual at all. I truly hope the song makes it onto both albums. It's a good song with lots of potential. I think both MJ and Akon should have the pleasure of having it on their CDs....especially if their albums will release somewhat close timewise. Anyhoo, I'm glad MJ chose to record Claude's song. It obviously touched something in him to do it just as it has touched some of us to hear him singing on it. Thanks to Akon for sharing it with MJ instead of Whitney! I'm a Whitney fan but sorry, Whitney. :cheers:

I get the feeling that some people are very unhappy that MJ fans are being happy at the moment. have you noticed how many have found their way to the board lately, with the same intentions.?

:yes: It's always like this. As the saying goes, "misery loves company". Not to mention the peeps who are just MAD :blowup:that the song leaked and got such a great response. And that can range from haters to genuine "fans" who are beside themselves that Michael would taint himself by associating with Akon. :smilerolleyes:

Agree! :yes:

Ah yes! I agree. The song just blew up! It just popped up on Youtube then dissappeared ... and has left everyone who heard it like, hell yesss :yes:

Agree! :yes:

Exxxxactly!!

See the beauty of not providing a release date? That song came out from nowhere like "BAM!!" Popped some folks in the back of the head and they didn't even see it coming!! They didn't have no reaction time!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: I loved the "popped some folks in the back of the head" part. That's exactly what it did! Just BAM! :D The initial reaction is always the truest and best becuz it's not poisoned by other crap that somehow magically pops out at the same time to get in the way. Even those who didn't warm up to the song right away had time to let it grow on them. Beautiful! Of course, we have to know "they" are scrambling now (they know who they are), BUT "they" still don't know much... :shifty: At least nothing concrete at this point. Instead of popping folks in the back of the head, maybe next time it'll just land ON their heads. :tonofbricks:

Thanks to all for the news and updates. :cloud9:

LOL, no I know Akon's real popular. It's just that MJ has been rumored to come out with new material for a minute that when something comes, they report his name first. That's why I said what I said. And I wouldn't think you were "hating" either, I respect any comments that don't agree with mine's, you know? I'm not part of that "you hating" bubble. :lol: I made my feelings about Akon a long time ago and it's my opinion but apparently MJ thinks working with him was fine so hey... and I know you're not bashing MJ. Agree to disagree, I guess though. :)

I like the song, but I'd find it a bit odd if it was on Jackson's album because Akon overpowers the track. That's not a problem if it's on his album, but if it's on MJ's album... seems like a waste of a track. Not enough MJ on it really. Maybe the leaked version is just a demo though... the final mix could have them trading lines more equally.

Troubleman84 -

You seem to be one of the precious few on here who actually do understand that there may be others who can respectfully agree to disagree. I respect and appreciate that. But yes, I do think we will agree to disagree. I am just as big an MJ fan as there is ... but whenever I listen to the media as well as the students in my classroom - MJ is not the MJ that we all seem to remember from his thriller days. The vast majority of the media and many younger peoples seem to view Jackson as some sort of "joke" whose musical talent is surpassed by him being a "molestor' or a "freakshow." Its sad (and untrue in my opinion) but I think that is the reputation he has gathered .. not one that still drives the "world" in a frenzy - at least certainly not in America.

I like the song, but I'd find it a bit odd if it was on Jackson's album because Akon overpowers the track. That's not a problem if it's on his album, but if it's on MJ's album... seems like a waste of a track. Not enough MJ on it really. Maybe the leaked version is just a demo though... the final mix could have them trading lines more equally.

I think if it were going to be a track on Michael's album, he would have to have at least another verse to sing on his own. As it is right now, it's not a duet, but a feature.

And for every instance you hear someone talking smack about Michael, believe me, and I've seen this with my own eyes, the second they see him perform or hear him sing, they forget all about their "hatred" and they stop and stare or listen, they're enthralled, whether they want to admit it or not.

"Plus when this song is talked about, whose name you think they gonna say first? Akon? Hell to the naw. Mike makes you stop and notice. Akon, I can keep it moving. No offense but that's how I feel. People are actually treating it like a MJ song. Oh well, so be it."

I can understand what people are saying because I - as a Jackson fan - take notice anytime MJ is mentioned in any type of news outlet. But please don't for a second think that in today's society that Michael Jackson is more popular than Akon or any type of musical talent. And before any 'haters' start their bashing ... I am not saying historically ... I think anyone who is old enough to remember when Michael ruled the music industry - 1984-1992 - gets goosebumps and takes notice of everything he touches because they are aware of his superior talent ... but as a teacher who works with teenagers - I have to tell you - MJ is not the 'hot commodity' that many people believe he is.

It is funny to hear people say that the whole world as well as the media has gone nuts over this song when the fact is - it has barely garnished any media attention at all and I mean the kind of attention MJ is accustomed to receiving. (limited online attention - other than message boards and sporadic musical sites ... In Jackson's heyday this would have been on television media people ... not delegated to 3rd rate websites)

I am not bashing MJ - I guess I am just skeptical as to how great Jackson is anymore. Are we holding onto hope that somehow the magic of 'thriller' is penning and producing quality material. Not sure how it will come off ... but my thoughts.

Let the bashing begin - its what happens on this site when anyone differs from the majority opinion lol

Actually, he is. Besides Eminem, Michael has sold more records in this decade then any other act, that includes Usher and Justin Timberlake. Michael's last studio album outsold Justin Timberlakes by a wide margine. He IS more popular world wide then Akon.

Furthermore, the internet is actually becoming more relivent in promotion then television and has been for the last several years. If it's getting big buzz on the net, then that means it's getting big buzz period. And when the song is released as an actual single, it will get more attention, because as it is, it isn't yet a physical release.

And comparing this to "Black or White" or "YRMW", which had a video as well, is stupid, because those were solo efforts on Michael's part, not a featurette with Michael.

Last edited:
Well Im going to see Akon in concert next thursday night...I'll ask him what the hell is going on with this Hold My Hand song...j/k, but maybe he will say something? Most likely not but i'll be hoping! Maybe he will perform WBSS 08 or Hold My Hand? Haha anyways, Im excited to see Akon live in concert.

You aren't being real. You're a victim of media manipulation. The public IS interested in Michael. A friend of mine was in the Virgin mega store in New York last week, and suddenly the big monitors in there began playing Michael's performance on Motown 25 and he said EVERYONE stopped what they were doing and starred up at the screens like zombies, just glued to the set. They couldn't look away. That's the kind of power Michael has when he performs.

"Rolling Stone" is a joke which caters to rock listeners and has hated on Michael for YEARS. But believe me, when this song gets released and goes top ten, they won't have any choice but to acknowledge it. "Billboard" wrote about it already and it hasn't even been released, meaning no one really knows much about it or what the planes are yet except Akon, Michael and the record label.

If you don't think the public is interested in Michael, then just wait and see. They are. Very much so. This is getting massive attention on the internet right now. People are excited about this BECAUSE it has Michael on it. Not because it has Akon on it.

And thanks to mello.

oooh..good story about Motown 25!!! I wish I was there! I woulda been glued to the tv too! It seems like no matter how much I watch MJ perform, I can always watch it again ...*sigh*

As far as ppl not caring about MJ....I'm not so sure...
You Rock my World and Black or White were Michael's songs and he allowed the camera crews to come and the specials to be made and all the hype to come. This song is Akon's, not Michael's, and he's only on one verse, plus the song was pulled, meaning nobody was supposed to know. There would be more hype if it was an MJ song cause that would mean that an album would more than likely follow. Plus MJ is just featured on this song (sadly :( ) and there is no vid.

But hey....who knows ???:cheeky:

But lets be nice about it:better: cause we have no idea what the heck is going on!!!!lol

Last edited:
Troubleman84 -

You seem to be one of the precious few on here who actually do understand that there may be others who can respectfully agree to disagree. I respect and appreciate that. But yes, I do think we will agree to disagree. I am just as big an MJ fan as there is ... but whenever I listen to the media as well as the students in my classroom - MJ is not the MJ that we all seem to remember from his thriller days. The vast majority of the media and many younger peoples seem to view Jackson as some sort of "joke" whose musical talent is surpassed by him being a "molestor' or a "freakshow." Its sad (and untrue in my opinion) but I think that is the reputation he has gathered .. not one that still drives the "world" in a frenzy - at least certainly not in America.

Two mistakes right there, imo. The media has proven to be unreliable when it comes to Michael Jackson and perhaps you shouldn't judge the rest of the world based on what happens in your classroom. Your classroom is a small minority of the rest of the world. And considering MJ is an International artist, your classroom is an even smaller minority. I think if you want to know how people really feel about MJ, go to youtube and see how many views his videos get and the positive responses there. Sure, there are some knuckleheads on there, but knuckleheads are everywhere. :lol: When HMH leaked, youtube virtually exploded with views and comments. Try listening to real people from all walks of life when they are given the chance to have an untainted opinion....and not just the ones in your classroom who also, like you, may solely rely on the media.

Some of the fans on these boards are new fans, teenage fans who became fans when they, like those in your classroom, should've had a horrible view of Michael but they don't. They have come to realize that relying solely on the organized media for anything substantial and/or factual about Michael Jackson is a joke. Actually, relying on them for anything is a joke these days imo, since the do such a shoddy job of research of reporting. Like robots they just copy from each other. And which stories do you think they prefer to copy? If it bleeds, it leads. Scandal and drama is the order of the day. Thank God for the "internets". People can find alternative explanations, reasons and facts for themselves other than the ones they are fed by the organized media.

Actually, he is. Besides Eminem, Michael has sold more records in this decade then any other act, that includes Usher and Justin Timberlake. Michael's last studio album outsold Justin Timberlakes by a wide margine. He IS more popular world wide then Akon.

Furthermore, the internet is actually becoming more relivent in promotion then television and has been for the last several years. If it's getting big buzz on the net, then that means it's getting big buzz period. And when the song is released as an actual single, it will get more attention, because as it is, it isn't yet a physical release.

And comparing this to "Black or White" or "YRMW", which had a video as well, is stupid, because those were solo efforts on Michael's part, not a featurette with Michael.

:flowers: .......

Two mistakes right there, imo. The media has proven to be unreliable when it comes to Michael Jackson and perhaps you shouldn't judge the rest of the world based on what happens in your classroom. Your classroom is a small minority of the rest of the world. And considering MJ is an International artist, your classroom is an even smaller minority. I think if you want to know how people really feel about MJ, go to youtube and see how many views his videos get and the positive responses there. Sure, there are some knuckleheads on there, but knuckleheads are everywhere. :lol: When HMH leaked, youtube virtually exploded with views and comments. Try listening to real people from all walks of life when they are given the chance to have an untainted opinion....and not just the ones in your classroom who also, like you, may solely rely on the media.

Some of the fans on these boards are new fans, teenage fans who became fans when they, like those in your classroom, should've had a horrible view of Michael but they don't. They have come to realize that relying solely on the organized media for anything substantial and/or factual about Michael Jackson is a joke. Actually, relying on them for anything is a joke these days imo, since the do such a shoddy job of research of reporting. Like robots they just copy from each other. And which stories do you think they prefer to copy? If it bleeds, it leads. Scandal and drama is the order of the day. Thank God for the "internets". People can find alternative explanations, reasons and facts for themselves other than the ones they are fed by the organized media.

I agree with you 100%

IWhy were some of the people posting on these sites were stating that they wanted MJ on that song by himself instead of Akon? I mean, I am just stating the facts, dawg.

This right here cracked me up! :D Gone, Bee, witcha bad self! :D

Just my opinion - regarding the dude's claim it will be on both albums:

I just can't see it happening. I can't literally imagine MJ putting a song on his new album where he sings all of 4 lines (plus a few minor ad-libs). I can't literally imagine MJ putting a song on his new album where the main singer, Akon, sings the words Convict Music which is basically a way Akon tags his own song and company at the start of each of his songs.

More regarding my 1st point; Has MJ ever put a collaboration on a previous album where another artist sings almost the whole song?

Last edited:
^I agree, however, Michael did the "darkchild" thing with Rodney Jerkins- a lot of producers either get the singer to tag the song with a production company line or tag it themselves. :yes:

Last edited:
I think obviously if this song were to be on Michael's album, he would sing at least one more verse to make it a duet.

Thanks to Rebirth again...

Reviews

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Feedback's Review: Hold My Hand - Akon feat. Michael Jackson

From what I can tell, this is new! New Michael Jackson vocals! Akon always writes with the same cadence but this song…NEW MICHAEL JACKSON. And he sounds good! I don’t hate it at all!!

Excuse me while I go lay on my prayer mat and thank Sweet Minty Jesus! Even if he has blessed me via Akon (meh), I will still give him thanks LOL. Now I need to go back to praying for a new Brandy song to leak — I hear the sessions on the new material have been hot!

Is Akon like, Michael’s new Teddy Riley/Rodney Jerkins/Quincy Jones? Ay dios mio…that scares me LOL. I hope he proves me wrong.

What do ya’ll think of this song?

Comments:

• I ain’t going to lie…I’m lovin this joint. Michael sounds great.
  • So happy to FINALLY hear the realest and illest Kings voice. Thanks Akon for bringing back he who the industry lacks and needs, Michael Jackson. Long live Mike!
  • I share your sentiment IPS! THis made my night. I could of used more Michael and less Akon on this one but, I’m not complaining.
  • Darn. And just think just over three years ago nobody thought MJ had a chance of ever getting his career back. Very nice song.
http://thafeedback.com/?p=549

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solecollector's review: Hold My Hand - Akon feat. Michael Jackson

Comments:

• MJ sounds FRESH! Love it!
  • heard this song a while back but anyway its a good song and its a good look for akon featuring michael jackson
  • wow michael still sounds amazing ... anyway still the best imo .. as far as the song its tight ..
  • Whoa Michael can still sing ... But that doesn't change that he's a freaking legend. This song's pretty good though
  • Good to See Mike gettin back in the game...G.O.A.T no matter what the kids say
  • Dope a** track. I'm really feelin it. Michael Jackson may have done some stupid stuff, but nobody can take away his greatness and what he has done for Music. MJ is still a great, and a legend in the game. That's a good look for him and Akon.
  • Michael Jackson is the dopest hands down ... no matter what anyone says ... dude is gonna be forever legendary ... and you know why ... cuz he made "Thriller"
  • This so dope.
  • i bet his new album goes diamond in a few months
  • Michael did his thing on this one. And Akon actually sounded alright singing along with the greatest. HEHEEEEEHEEE
  • damn....mike still soundin good .....like the song
  • the song sounds good. Good to see Michael back in some form, and I continue to look forward to an album.
  • MJ is back haha
http://www.solecollector.com/forums/...2671e4cf7be9f3

Reviews

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talk.livedaily.com's review: Hold My Hand: Akon feat. Michael Jackson

Comments:

• Like the song a lot smooth track
  • OH wow, this is kind of nice....even though it's with Akon.
  • i thought it would go downhill after Akon shouted KONVICT MUSIC, but it was good
  • I liked it
  • akon isnt that bad as a producer... only his voice annoys me. but its nice to hear that michael is recording new tracks
  • OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • it's beautiful, would be better if it was only Michael
  • Love It
  • Nice.
  • New MJ stuff, awesome! Hate Akon though.
  • Omg!
  • i like it!
  • it's nice
  • He's in the making...
  • I hate Akon's voice, but he does produce good music. And I like the song.
  • I like it but I wish there was more Michael.
  • My thoughts exactly. It would've been a good song for MJ's new album if it was all Michael.
  • cool!
  • i like it, it's a nice song.
  • I hope it will become a hit!...
  • awesome! MJ is amazing.
http://talk.livedaily.com/showthread.php?t=627383

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Illroots's Review

Comments:
  • ok i love MJs music but im not too sure what to think of this one. pretty catchy though.
  • MJ’s my man.I dont give a shit what happens outside of music. Mans a legend and I always rep him when asked.
  • Wow. Welcome back Mike, surprisingly I love this song! Beautiful.
  • I really love this track and I adore Michael. This is the perfect 2008 summer song.
  • Good to finally hear MJ again. Its been a long time. Very nice song too.
http://illroots.com/2008/06/30/micha...-hand-ft-akon/

Last edited:

"Sporadic" music sites like MTV and Billboard? Michael's not as big as he was in the 80's as a musical act, but nobody has been in the last 25 years. That's not to say that he still isn't a huge draw. I've played this song for 4-5 people a couple who aren't huge MJ fans and even they all admit that this is a hit in the making.

Back