80's music

Michael, Queen, The Cure, Metallica, Duran Duran, Van Halen, David Bowie, Mike + The Mechanics, Echo and The Bunnymen, Tears For Fears, Guns N Roses, Joy Division, The Clash, The Eurythmics/Annie Lennox, The Smiths, Public Enemy, The Police...There's so many

^^Come Undone actually came out in 1993.

I have that sometimes too...I'm to lazy to check I guess hahaha
I used to be at an 80s thread with someone who knew it exactly...it was easier to ask the person than to check it out
Well the 90s have some great songs too huh?

In my personal opinion it's singer/songwriter RICHARD MARX!! He was mostly popular around the LATE 80s...
I've now fallen head over heels for him...:heart: :heart: :heart: I thought he was HOTT back in the late 80s, of course he was well known for the mullet hairstyle he had back in the day, & still in my opinion looks pretty Darn good for his age since he just turned the BIG 5-0!!!
Here are some of his videos

RIGHT HERE WAITING

SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER

ENDLESS SUMMER NIGHTS

Here's another song he did that I like which came out after the 80s, but I still think it's a very beautiful song
UNTIL I FIND YOU AGAIN

In my personal opinion it's singer/songwriter RICHARD MARX!! He was mostly popular around the LATE 80s...
I've now fallen head over heels for him...:heart: :heart: :heart: I thought he was HOTT back in the late 80s, of course he was well known for the mullet hairstyle he had back in the day, & still in my opinion looks pretty Darn good for his age since he just turned the BIG 5-0!!!
Here are some of his videos

RIGHT HERE WAITING

SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER

ENDLESS SUMMER NIGHTS

Here's another song he did that I like which came out after the 80s, but I still think it's a very beautiful song
UNTIL I FIND YOU AGAIN

Hi Baderalady87

I agree Richard Marx was a hottie back in the 80s ...
I have seen him in concert once ..jumping up and down from his Piano ..awww the girls goes grazy ...hahah
Great voice, good personality

Re: Midnight Star ~ Midas Touch

I liked Steve Perry's music. I wonder if he's planning to release a new album.

Needless to say I LOVE the 80's too... and not just music, a lot of the style from that era is something I quite like too (EXCEPT some of the hairdos, my gosh :laugh:) no but seriously, I was born in the late 80's so I didn't get to experience it per se but I do get very nostalgic when I play music from that era :girl_sigh: many of the songs listed @ the 1st post of this thread are also absolute faves of mine :wub: anyways, the artists I like the most from that decade are:

Michael - obviously
Duran Duran
Bobbi Brown
A-ha
Prince
Alphaville
Tears For Fears
Spandau Ballet
Toto

And I like a lot of 80's one-hit wonders :lol: anyways, it was a great freaking decade with unforgettable music and it'll always be my fave :wub:

Another song worth mentioning is Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You by Glenn Madeiros.
This song was originally released by George Benson. George also first recorded The Greatest Love Of All, which is more known from the Whitney Houston remake.

Last edited:
David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes
Wham - Wake my up before you go go (I know it cheesy as hell but I loved it back in the 80's:)
Pink Floyd - Another Brick on the Wall
Queen - Another one bites the dust
Kim Carnes - Bette Davis eyes
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
The Police - Every Breath You Take
Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
Van Halen - Jump
Dire Straits - Money for Nothing
U2 - With or Without You and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
The Bangles - Eternal Flame
Michael, Whitney and Madonna of course!

Worth mentioning: Milli Vanilli, they were great:D
Great video too

Oh boy, 80's produced some great music:chillin:

David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes
Wham - Wake my up before you go go (I know it cheesy as hell but I loved it back in the 80's:)
Pink Floyd - Another Brick on the Wall
Queen - Another one bites the dust
Kim Carnes - Bette Davis eyes
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
The Police - Every Breath You Take
Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
Van Halen - Jump
Dire Straits - Money for Nothing
U2 - With or Without You and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
The Bangles - Eternal Flame
Michael, Whitney and Madonna of course!

Worth mentioning: Milli Vanilli, they were great:D
Great video too

Oh boy, 80's produced some great music:chillin:

Stll Loves "Wake me up before you GO GO :) ahaha

Oh man ...Milli Vanilli...those eyes :p
was there a rumor they did not even sing the song in real???

I think that rumor turned out to be true

Yes, that why I said they are worth of mentioning.
Milli Vanilli was an R&B pop and dance project created by Frank Farian in Munich, Germany, in 1988. The group was formed with Fab Morvan and Rob Pilatus. The group's debut album Girl You Know It's True achieved international success and earned them a Grammy Award for Best New Artist on February 21, 1990.[1] Milli Vanilli became one of the most popular pop acts in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Their success turned to infamy when the Grammy award was withdrawn after LA Times author Chuck Philips revealed that lead vocals on the record were not the voices of Morvan and Pilatus.

Yes, that why I said they are worth of mentioning.
Milli Vanilli was an R&B pop and dance project created by Frank Farian in Munich, Germany, in 1988. The group was formed with Fab Morvan and Rob Pilatus. The group's debut album Girl You Know It's True achieved international success and earned them a Grammy Award for Best New Artist on February 21, 1990.[1] Milli Vanilli became one of the most popular pop acts in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Their success turned to infamy when the Grammy award was withdrawn after LA Times author Chuck Philips revealed that lead vocals on the record were not the voices of Morvan and Pilatus.

See..I knew there was something about that yes ...Thanks for the info Bubs, Much appreciated :)

Out of Touch - Hall and Oates ...this performans is from 2003 (The song is def a 80s) I like this live act and think they got even better than back at the 80s ..Daryll Hall is still a hottie to see :wub:
The way he sings here reminds me of Don Henley - Hotel California (Damn I can not found one clip on you tube about the acustic live version of that song ....anyone ??

80s boogie, soul and funk was something else.

The Time - 777-9311

Patrice Rushen - Remind Me

Zapp & Roger - Dance Floor

S.O.S. Band - No One's Gonna Love You

Gap Band - Outstanding

Cameo - She's Strange

DeBarge - Stay With Me

giphy.gif

80's was totally the best :wub: the music was the best also the fashion was cool :)
Thankyou Drama Queen xx for this thread :) xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
80's was totally the best :wub: the music was the best also the fashion was cool :)
Thankyou Drama Queen xx for this thread :) xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank god Madonna started the whole new fashion
80s-clothing-for-women.jpg

otherwise all women would have dressed like this
dynasty546x20_small.jpg

:D

My husband always liked Sammy Jo ^^^ nothing wrong with her clothes ;) LOL

Get down on it ............

My husband always liked Sammy Jo ^^^ nothing wrong with her clothes ;) LOL

Get down on it ............

Hiya treasure :hiya: I used to watch all the old shows did you ? Lol :) seems such a long time ago ........ I love "Get Down On It" :yes:

Last edited:
Hiya treasure :hiya: I used to watch all the old shows did you ? Lol :) seems such a long time ago ........ I love "Get Down On It" :yes:

Hi MJJ_4 All Time :)
Old shows of Dynasty? haha I haven't watched them anymore after been televised here, but I sure liked them back then ;)

I loved Gool and the Gang ....brings back happy memories

Hi MJJ_4 All Time :)
Old shows of Dynasty? haha I haven't watched them anymore after been televised here, but I sure liked them back then ;)

I loved Gool and the Gang ....brings back happy memories

:) yes dynasty etc :) I haven't seen them either for years ....yes cool and the gang were great :) :yes: I also really liked Earth Wind And Fire :yes:

Wow, this thread brings back memories of when I was a teen with my jeans rolled and cuffed and my the color of my shirt and socks matched. :laugh: My husband still listens to 80s on 8 on SiriusXM radio. If I wasn't listening to Michael or Janet, it was Whitney Houston, Madonna, or George Michael for me. And those 80s Hip Hop tunes: LL Cool J, Tone Loc, Salt-n-Pepa, etc. Good times. :yes:

Back