920 unreleased songs? Huh!?! Whats going to happen with them?

Topflux

Proud Member
One of my friends told me Michael has around 920 unreleased recordings and around 200 would be from the Motown era.. Could this kind of an amount be true and what is going to happen with all that stuff?! I know they worked a lot during 70's but does Motown own those songs? Then if there's really around 700 unreleased songs from the last 30 years, that's insanely much material. Actually that doesnt sound so unbelievable if you count, thats just 2 recordings a month. If there's so much material how it all could be not worth to release. If that amount is true I believe there must have been at least double times great material for every album. I mean at least 30 songs to put on the album. Didnt Michael himself say something like that in the past that it was hard to choose only like 15 songs? Then that would mean at least 300 songs to release.. Does the estate own all those Sony era songs?

There was an article on skynews a few days ago with an interview with the lawyers from the estate stating that there were 70 new songs written after 2004 and that they had starded a bidding war with record companies.

Well, at Motown, the group recorded 469 songs and so far about half of that has been released

Michael had a lot of unrealesed songs,more or less finished...maybe we will have the chance to hear them sometimes...

Well MJ said he wrote over 100 songs for each album.

How many of those songs are just written, partially recorded as demos, or properly recorded..who knows.

we will never no for sure but there is the album he was doing before the trial the album he was worknig on during this is it / after trial and the pre invincible sessions

Unbelievable. I'd say it's possible but unreleased... mmm, unrecorded?

there proberly all demos, or tracks that were never good enough to make the final cut.
Would be nice to hear them like.
Who nos they might decied to make them in to albums,
I no id like to hear them and see them on a album insted of
re - releasing the same songs.
I also thing they would be interesting to hear :D

New Mj music lasting generations to come especially if Sony releases new albums every 3-4 years like Michael wanted

I hope Michael doesn't mind us listening to all of his unreleased stuff! In the future when/if it's released. I'm sure he understands and wants his legacy to continue. But we know the perfectionist he was with every piece of work he did.

Yes, something like that Michael has said in an interview also - don´t remember which one. It would be great if all that stuff would be released soon!!!!

Well, it's gonna happen like The Beatles material, after 30 years from now we are going to listen some songs Michael record (as a demo or not) in the past 30 years, that's for sure

I wish we could hear some now. I bet next year around either the beginning or the end of summer.

hmmm I hope we get to hear something. although I admit I feel a little guilty to listen with MJs permission :blush:

no it wasn't, don't you remember watching the videos where he was in studio and they were testing out different kinds of sounds for his "new" music??

yes there were article about this, they had two complete track called im dreaming and forever or something, i can't remember off the top of my head. He will probably have at least 5 completely finished tracks from the past year alone. The people working on this is it have said that he has shown them bits of new music which were amazing. so he definantly has some new stuff

yes there were article about this, they had two complete track called im dreaming and forever or something, i can't remember off the top of my head. He will probably have at least 5 completely finished tracks from the past year alone. The people working on this is it have said that he has shown them bits of new music which were amazing. So he definantly has some new stuff

:)

:)

I have to say whatever it is demo, unfinished work, whatever.. I'm looking forward to hear anything of Michaels voice :wub:

There was an article on skynews a few days ago with an interview with the lawyers from the estate stating that there were 70 new songs written after 2004 and that they had starded a bidding war with record companies.
Can anyone find this interview?

Can anyone find this interview?

The late singer's unheard music is reportedly being sent out to several record companies who are interested in releasing the tracks he was working on before his death in June.

Michael's long-time attorney John Branca and music executive John McClain - who are overseeing Jackson's estate - are said to be speaking with Sony Music, Universal Music Group and one other unnamed interested party about the catalogue.
A source said: "Universal and Sony have the two best worldwide distribution systems, so Branca is looking for who can provide the highest bid."
According to the New York Post newspaper, the estate is believed to be keen to extend the deal Michael had in place with Sony Music to cover the 70 songs he wrote, produced and recorded after 2004.
However, the estate wants more money than Sony is prepared to offer.
At present, the label will have control of all recordings made before 2004 for the next few years until it becomes property of Michael's estate.
A source said: "We're trying to figure out the terms."

I don't believe he fully recorded 70 songs but that's just me.

The late singer's unheard music is reportedly being sent out to several record companies who are interested in releasing the tracks he was working on before his death in June.

Michael's long-time attorney John Branca and music executive John McClain - who are overseeing Jackson's estate - are said to be speaking with Sony Music, Universal Music Group and one other unnamed interested party about the catalogue.
A source said: "Universal and Sony have the two best worldwide distribution systems, so Branca is looking for who can provide the highest bid."
According to the New York Post newspaper, the estate is believed to be keen to extend the deal Michael had in place with Sony Music to cover the 70 songs he wrote, produced and recorded after 2004.
However, the estate wants more money than Sony is prepared to offer.
At present, the label will have control of all recordings made before 2004 for the next few years until it becomes property of Michael's estate.
A source said: "We're trying to figure out the terms."

I don't believe he fully recorded 70 songs but that's just me.
At most it's 70, reality probably shrunk it down. But we don't know what's on those stolen hard drives either technically. Not to mention what's tied up overseas with those middle eastern record labels.

Also didn't the estate wanna go over to Universal?

At most it's 70, reality probably shrunk it down. But we don't know what's on those stolen hard drives either technically. Not to mention what's tied up overseas with those middle eastern record labels.

Also didn't the estate wanna go over to Universal?

Does LaToya still have them? Didn't Michael record overseas as well? His collaborators seem to avoid the questions about those songs

Back