A email I got 4 days before he passed

I don't get something though...just now i read a piece by Miko Brando. He wrote about how he talked with Michael a few days before his passing..it was about the pyrotechnic show for the TII concerts..and how Michael wanted Miko to be REAL close, very understandable.....what i am trying to say is...

Miko..a huge friend of MJ..wouldn't he have noticed MJ being a 'skeletton' ?
He talked face to face with him...wouldn't he have seen a skinny face? Skinny everything? ........THAT is what i can't figure out.

maybe him being such a close friend to Michael he did know what was happening......maybe he thought he was showing his loyalty as a friend by not saying anything at all. He will never say a bad word about Michael...not to the press anyway. They do a fine job of that themselves.

Like I said before... My family saw me as a skeleton for several months without making a comment. They would hug me, see me everyday... The thing is.. When you see a person long enough with an illness (or underweight issues) you kind of dont see the big picture anymore.. If you spend long enough time with a person who is severily underweight, it kind of dosnt shock you anymore.. And people who stand by closest are the ones who are most often in complete and utterly denial about the seriousness.
Agree... And with Michael being chronically skinny, maybe it wasn't so obvious that he was going bordeline with anorexia.
I don't know really...

He didn't look like a skeleton back then though, did he? He was "healthly-skinny" and looked like he still had meat in him but after reading the email I've gathered that this time round he was looking very unhealthy/frail/scaryily thin.

Poor Mike.
x

i agree. first time i saw the rehearsal video, i noticed how his coat was ill-fitting because he was so so thin. the thighs didn't have meat at all...i guess people who cared noticed, but those who didn't and were just concerned about their financial takes chose to look the other way.

This last paragraph about not being in the camp of those who believe MJ to be anorexic is exactly my thoughts too. I believe something elese could've been going on and like you, I'm not talking about drugs either...
well what else could it be? pm if need be.

Agree with you on the part I bolded.

And I'm angry too. Like I've said before: some Michael Jackson fans are naive. Others are simply too grieved to face the reality of what was happening. So what happens? You find a scapegoat so that you can channel all that anger about the guy's death on something or someone else.

A lot of you will cry "MURDER" until you go to your own grave because you cannot deal with the fact that Jackson had issues with drugs, was emaciated , and using an anesthetic to go to sleep because his adrenalin was so high after practice. A doctor dropped the ball and Jackson died. PERIOD.

No catalog. No stupid insurance policy. No stupid racism arguments for motives. The "logic" makes no sense. Fact is, Jackson I believe, was a slave not only to AEG demands but also to fans wanting their "King of Pop" to perform for them like he was their own private toy. I won't say fans killed him because he loved you guys but some of you (that means a few million of you) bitched and moaned about why Jackson didn't have a new album or tour on the burner.

Well, you almost got your tour.

Problem is, he wasn't as into it as AEG or fans wanted him to be. Forget intervention from family and friends. Jackson needed God's intervention to get him the hell away from vultures who would have tried to pimp him out onstage for a three year tour. Now, the guy can finally rest in peace.

I feel guilty myself bout that. I now wish mike could said "guys i know u want new music, but i need to rest now..just cant do it anymore". I would have totally understood & respected his decision. That man had been through so much, my only wish now is that the he did stop and retire. Then maybe if he had, the vultures that were around him would have left him alone.

A few questions:

Did Michael suffer from anorexia? I don't recall him ever being bigger or smaller than he always, except for when he was more toned.

Why do we never hear about and from these fans who followed Michael all around the world and apparently got to attend rehearsals and shoots and what not? This is a fan forum... you'd think they'd be here, no?

And how did the poster of this thread get to go on this 'special' mailing list? I'm sorry, but it's all a little too National Treasure for me, even if it's true.

The Israeli guy who, in Living With, says 'Michael, I came all the way from Israel, can I have a hug?' and who appeared in many pictures with Michael over the past years, most notably the first one of Michael with the curly hair back a few weeks ago - who was he? And dare I ask, is he one of the fans who killed themselves?

Also, generally about this whole thing, I don't like the tone of the letter... it's like, 'only a few of us are big enough fans to help Michael - love him ENOUGH'. You know what? That's bullshit. What about the rest of us who don't dedicate our lives to stalking Michael, but still think about hi every hour of the day, spread his messages and beliefs, defend him, cry for him and love him? Did we not help?

She makes it sound like we were the ones that kept pushing him - and yeah, of course I bought a ticket because unlike that girl, I don't get to see him every day, I don't get to be close to him physically, and I wouldn't miss his tour for the world. And I know we all had a part in killing him because that's what fans do - they devour their idols, sadly - but if there was a mission to 'save' Michael then I sure as hell would have liked to have been included so I could do my part - even if I weren't at his rehearsals or blowing kisses at him by his gates.

If you loved Michael like a family member as I did, there's no hierarchy in fandom. No one was a bigger 'fan' than me, and I'm sure the others would say the same. I hope so.

And just how much do we know about the people who were paid to be around him as well as the people who have been going from show to show interviewing?
If you think about it, usually, it's a lot more than we know about Random McRandom on a forum. Often we'll know who they are, we can verify whether they actually were working with/knew MJ or not, even watch videos of them talking first hand, which is more than we can do for an email sent from one person the average forum reader won't know to another person the average forum reader won't know.

That's not to say that everyone people have heard of should automatically be believed and everyone people haven't heard of should automatically be considered a liar, of course not. The potential bias from both positions should be taken into account. But it takes a bigger leap of faith to believe something from an unknown source than it does to believe something from a known source. Then again, you don't have to believe either. You can keep an open mind.

Stay objective (that goes both ways). Don't jump to conclusions.

Like I've said before: some Michael Jackson fans are naive. Others are simply too grieved to face the reality of what was happening. So what happens? You find a scapegoat so that you can channel all that anger about the guy's death on something or someone else.

A lot of you will cry "MURDER" until you go to your own grave because you cannot deal with the fact that Jackson had issues with drugs, was emaciated , and using an anesthetic to go to sleep because his adrenalin was so high after practice. A doctor dropped the ball and Jackson died. PERIOD.

No catalog. No stupid insurance policy. No stupid racism arguments for motives. The "logic" makes no sense.
I completely agree.

Like I said before... My family saw me as a skeleton for several months without making a comment. They would hug me, see me everyday... The thing is.. When you see a person long enough with an illness (or underweight issues) you kind of dont see the big picture anymore.. If you spend long enough time with a person who is severily underweight, it kind of dosnt shock you anymore.. And people who stand by closest are the ones who are most often in complete and utterly denial about the seriousness.
That wouldn't explain Lou Ferrigno whose job it was to condition Michael's body and make sure he was in good shape. He would have had to confront it.

Lets not forget that there was ALOT of money at stake here... ALOT... And as we've seen before in many cases money runs peoples lives. People who are workaholics, will work even if they are sick... Trainers who will push their athletic girls in gymnastics even if they are sick and unwell and make them compete... Managers who force their musicians to perform and do interviews and concerts and tours.. This is how the industry works... Those people do not care for the saftey and health of the person making their money... Had Michael go on cancel his entire concert tour the managers would be in deep shit... They must have known he was not fit enough to do this.. But they let him do it anyway because money was at stake..

I feel this is what happened to Elvis too.. They knew he was drinking, eating and taking too much medication.. But they continued to let him perform.. Why, because they didnt care for him.. They cared about the money. Its showbusiness...

If you loved Michael like a family member as I did, there's no hierarchy in fandom. No one was a bigger 'fan' than me, and I'm sure the others would say the same. I hope so.

:clapping:Yes i agree with what u have said here

Please read this:

I am only posting this email because I am just like you !!!! I want to know the truth !

Why do I post it now and not before ?? The person who mailed me this asked me to keep this private but Michael is gone now YOU and ME want to know the truth and nothing else but the truth.

Karen Faye: Karen is the most beautifull woman I have ever met and Karen was one of the few who realy, REALY cared about Michael. She did more for me personaly and for the fan community you can ever imagine. She desirves a statue and all the respect we have in ourselves for everythihg she did and still does.

The reason for posting this now is a somple fact:

I want to know what happend to Michael !!!! What did AEG do ?? What did the doctors do ?? I want to know it all and soon............

The fan mailed this is a 200% fan, even more then you or me so I know this is the truth.

We all loved Michael and now he's gone there will be a lot of gossip about a lot of things. This is no gossip, this is the TRUTH !!!

Love

Thijs
Thank you for posting that! It hurts me alot alot alot to know that, but it's good to know what was going on.
There's no big deal posting that, imo!!

Hello? :bugeyed I'm very sad that some of you cannot see that Michael was NO f****** superman!!
And for God's sakes!! Anyone who has been close to the "show business" (I was) knows that everything means MO-NEY!! They dont care a damn about you! All they think and want is money, no matter if it's Michael Jackson, the one so loved all around the world. :( Even Michael Jackson does not matter if money is involved.

That person who wrote the email, was a brave one! And I believe she must have been hated for many. She saw the reality with real eyes and real feelings! I wanna say thank you to her for trying to help Michael!!

Hello? :bugeyed I'm very sad that some of you cannot see that Michael was NO f****** superman!!
And for God's sakes!! Anyone who has been close to the "show business" (I was) knows that everything means MO-NEY!! They dont care a damn about you! All they think and want is money, no matter if it's Michael Jackson, the one so loved all around the world. :( Even Michael Jackson does not matter if money is involved.

Mike even sang bout it in his song "money"

'' You will do anything for money"...and what he sang there is so very true!

I doubt Karen would write that. maybe on the phone, but in documented email proof. no.
also Michael was 50 oh super michael jackson fan Marika and what is the ' i don;t care if Michael eats again' ??

she meant I don't care if you throw rocks at me it should read 'i don't care, if michael eats again' like i don't care what you say to me I just want him to eat again.

Mike even sang bout it in his song "money"

'' You will do anything for money"...and what he sang there is so very true!

Yep especially record companies, my job 4 years ago was in accounts at a Major Label(not Sony) looking after big accounts and believe me they don't care about the artists.

Well said lucius. :yes: At the moment all we can do is keep an open mind...

Yes, that's all we can do until the toxicology report is out. I'm completely confused because after seeing Louis Ferrino in the interview the other night, I genuinely believed he was talking from the heart. However, I don't see why these fans would come on here and lie - especially as others are also claiming to have recieved this email.

The Jackson family have their reasons for being suspicious and at the end of the day - they were the closest to him. I am worried that if there was 'foul play' the line will be very fuzzy in the eyes of the law. Doctors have been pumping stars with drugs for years in Hollywood and have been allowed to get away with it. Hopefully justice will be done but for now we will have to wait....

Michael was NO f****** superman!!

Michael was superman. He was superhuman and magic and a breathing miracle. I know you're trying to make people less blind towards the cause(s) of his death, but regardless of the medication he took, the physical pressure he had to endure, and the affects that the constant attention had on him, he was still more than just human. Michael's death was like the last survivor of an endangered species had died, leaving the world less lively and less extraordinary. Michael was a sort of spaceman: the only one of his kind. Some of us see him this way and even though I'm not afraid that anyone will tarnish my idea of Michael - because I truly believe it - I don't think it serves any purpose to 'remind' people that 'he was just human', or in your words that he was 'no fucking superman'. He was. It was just that we threw too much kryptonite at him.

Didn't MJ had a great song about money ?? Listnen to that one again and again.........maybe you unerstand.

Love
Absolutely! That song is always on my mind!!

Anyway, one thing we all have to agree: All of this wont bring Michael back! :cry:
AND, do we have the power to make the justice? Maybe not, so... I dont know! :(

I think some are blowing up the whole anorexia. Just because you were anorexic don't mean michael was. just because your family was in denial doesn't mean miko was with michael. We are jumping the gun here way to fast off of this email. Its not to say that the email doesn't hold some truth. But the fact is we don't have the whole picture (not even the fans who saw him does). We aren't even close. First diprivan now this. We really need to get a wait and see attitude. This email isn't enough to confirm such things. It is possible that ppl saw what they wanted. Its been plently of times some thought michael was skinny and other didn't. Like someone mention before. Lou F would have noticed that michael was deathly skinny. Also the intro guy for the press conferenced didn't seem to think michael was to thin or sickly. There are ppl out there with no agendas who have said things that goes along with what the TII crew has been saying. I personally don't think michael was DEATHLY ill from what I have seen (pics & videos). If you even look at michael face during rehearsal, he doesn't look sick. Now some of the pics do look weird but that could have be the angle, I don't know. Thats why I like videos better. Anyways... He may not have been in tip top shape but I never felt like michael was close to death. And please don't say he didn't move with the same energy. Come on now, do you expect the earth, moon, and stars from a 50 yr! But what I will say is that he didn't look out of place from the young dance crew. If you look at michael popping his shoulder toward the end he had better form then all those younger dancers hands down.

Yep especially record companies, my job 4 years ago was in accounts at a Major Label(not Sony) looking after big accounts and believe me they don't care about the artists.

That is disgusting! Wow my all time dream was to be a successful singer like mike, but now after reading your post........im thinking otherwise

also ppl the doctor who tested michael for the insurance wasn't murry or anyone else hired by aeg. It was an independent doctor who was sent out by the company themselves. Now why would this doctor lie to get insurance for a sick michael don't know, and have a hard time believing it.

But here's the thing...how do you give a physical that will test if you can do 50 shows, hours on end? Sure, Michael may have been able to pass some sort of physical and testing, but if he wasnt eating properly (which it was obvious he wasnt) - and he was medicated - that will affect your stamina and endurance, and it doesnt seem like the tests they did were adequate. Im just saying.

Tests aside, propofol could kill an ox if administered improperly....

The whole system sucks damnit

If that evil cardiologist is the one who did they physical. That is how.

I don't think it serves any purpose to 'remind' people that 'he was just human', or in your words that he was 'no fucking superman'. He was. It was just that we threw too much kryptonite at him.

This was brilliant

But others who interacted with Jackson in the time before his death described a far different routine. In a recent interview, Randy Phillips, CEO of concert promoter AEG, said that a concert director would "cut [Jackson's] chicken breast" for him.
"In the last week, I brought in someone whose sole purpose was to remind him to eat," Phillips added.
And comments from Lou Ferrigno, who personally helped Jackson train for his upcoming tour, suggest that his eating regimen was far from ideal.
"[H]e only ate once a day," Ferrigno, who played the Hulk in "The Incredible Hulk" TV series, said in an interview that aired June 30 on "Good Morning America". "But I just told him the proper supplements to take."

They noticed, but there is only so much you can do to help..

He looked thinner in 2001 at the 30th anniversary gig, but saying that he does not exactly look too strong and healthy in the links you posted either. I guess none of us really know, will we ever know... All I know is I can't stop thinking about it all as it does not add up.

They noticed, but there is only so much you can do to help..

True, if you are a friend of someone in trouble all you can do is advise if you try and tell them they often get worse. The people I have a problem with are those working with him and AEG if it was clear he was not capable...

That is disgusting! Wow my all time dream was to be a successful singer like mike, but now after reading your post........im thinking otherwise

Its why I left, I love to sing and take photos but I hate the industry. You can tell I'm a Virgo I'm now focusing on charity work :) and my music photos on the side. MJ's birthday was the day before mine, I always thought he was innocent as I know how much I care for others and always felt he loved people like that too, just wanting to help others who are less fortunate. Now I feel that his death is suspect and feel I owe it to him to keep trying to find out what happened. I think it was foul play I don't think even if he was drugged up he'd let himself take too much and risk leaving those 3 children. He was a clever man.

Last edited:
Very hearbreaking to read that fan's email about seeing him at rehearsals and how emaciated he was. But some things just don't add up. How could he have passed a physical and was that thin? And why starve yourself when preparing for a grueling tour like the 50 he was preparing for? I do believe this fan's email because the day that I saw Michael's body wrapped in that white sheet being transported via helicopter to the coroner's office I was shocked to see how small he had become. Very heartbreaking. I just pray for his children and the Jackson Family. People wonder why he couldn't be "saved" but maybe, and as hard as it is to accept because I still have not been able to digest his untimely death, this was just his time. I know it's hard to accept but it is what it is folks. The main thing is that his soul is resting and is at peace and his legacy is kept alive and well. But it seems like the media want to jump on any little thing about Michael and twist it into something negative. And if he did have a eating disorder why single him out and lable him? There are many others with eating disorders and they get the help they deserve but when it comes to Michael he gets labled.

Back