Votes: 34 26.8%
  • Dangerous

Votes: 48 37.8%
  • HIStory

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • Invincible

Votes: 14 11.0%

• Total voters
Apparently Liverpool 1988 was shot on film, and that could be released on Blu Ray, but there's some things to consider

1. Does the estate have access to it?
2. Is it still around today? It could have been lost/destroyed over the years.

If Liverpool 1988 is out there on film somewhere, then the estate should focus on releasing that on Blu Ray instead on Munich 1997.

Last edited:
They could have released a compilation show instead of Wembley, i heard that was the original plan. The films were sent to Michael's archives after the tour concluded, plus.. what do you think that article was about, regarding The Estate archiving etc.? obvious that the most complex is film, categorizing etc.

STOP

You're being ridiculous, there's no point to bring up footage of shows that was shot on FILM. Big woop, you're turning into a big cry baby. OH WEMBLEY WAS GARBAGE IT WAS VHS QUALITY. Look at least we got footage, so stop whining so much. You literally do nothing but talk about HD footage and complain.

If Liverpool 1988 is out there on film somewhere, then the estate should focus on releasing that on Blu Ray instead on Munich 1997.

Or both ;).

But I doubt they'll release anything Bad related anytime soon. But yes, that would be great.

Yes, actually a lot of people say that. I have seen that on YT and people said the same about workmates in another thread recently. That one of the most often heard criticism re. MJ that "he never sang live". And it's so unfair because it's untrue. But if HIStory and the mimed award show performances are all they ever see, no wonder they think that. The Estate needs to refute this false myth now, not further cement it.

My opinion is that everything should be released as it happened and people can then decide what they want to buy and watch and they can think of MJ what they want to think. If they are smart enough they'll see the truth. There is no need or point to try to hide the truth by diminishing the HIStory Tour and its relevance and greatness. It is what it is. It is like it happened in history. And that's the way it should be celebrated. I don't see a problem with lip syncing if you are consciously doing that while providing the audience the first class show. And that is exactly what MJ did. He did not rip off the audience on his concerts. He was giving them a show. He knew what he was doing. And if he wasn't ashamed of it, why should we be? Or why should anyone be?

If HIStory tour is released I won't buy it. It's honestly his worst tour. He looks stiff and as if he doesn't want to be there a lot of the time. He lip syncs most of the songs and when he does sing he sounds terrible most of the time compared to previous tours. It's just not fun at all to watch, imo. Releasing it to cinemas is a very bad idea. If it does get released I hope it's not in cinemas and they don't try to make a big thing out of it. I'd much rather they do a documentary about the album and tour than actually release the tour tbh. I don't understand how people can see positive things being said about it if it's released to cinemas. I'm fine with it being a fan aimed project, but don't try to make a big deal out of it please.

I see those hateful comments about lip synching on tours on YouTube all the time.
I didn't think there would be a backlash among fans if he had re-recorded his vocals for the History Tour. I don't know. Maybe so.

Now personally, if Michael wanted to come out on the stage next to a record player and lip sync along to the album, that's ok with me. I love him already and I KNOW he can sing. He has nothing to prove to me.
But we are talking about a commercial release in movie theaters, as Branca said a few years ago.

My opinion is that everything should be released as it happened and people can then decide what they want to buy and watch and they can think of MJ what they want to think. If they are smart enough they'll see the truth. There is no need or point to try to hide the truth by diminishing the HIStory Tour and its relevance and greatness. It is what it is. It is like it happened in history. And that's the way it should be celebrated. I don't see a problem with lip syncing if you are consciously doing that while providing the audience the first class show. And that is exactly what MJ did. He did not rip off the audience on his concerts. He was giving them a show. He knew what he was doing. And if he wasn't ashamed of it, why should we be? Or why should anyone be?

It wasn't great, not even close. watch Bad tour and watch HIStory tour and then tell me it's great. It's awful in comparison.

Yes, actually a lot of people say that. I have seen that on YT and people said the same about workmates in another thread recently. That one of the most often heard criticism re. MJ that "he never sang live". And it's so unfair because it's untrue. But if HIStory and the mimed award show performances are all they ever see, no wonder they think that. The Estate needs to refute this false myth now, not further cement it.

In any case, any mention of the HWT always turns into a huge controversy, even here on a fan board. I think the Estate needs to take note of that and think twice whether it really is a good idea.

Here are some YT comments I've read from BAD and Dangerous Tour shows

''Wow! This is live? He usually lip syncs most of the time!''

''One of the few times he sings live''

''He's singing live? This is rare''

''I always thought he lip synced''

The fact that people are surprised that Michael did sing live is really sad. The fact that he was a great live singer shouldn't be a surprise to people

You can have this high opinion about the HIStory tour but my opinion is that it was far from being a great tour from any aspect. Each and every one of MJ's other tours were much better. And I'd like MJ to be represented and promoted - esp. to a big audience - at his best, not at his worst.

You act like you HIStory tour is some underrepresented, hidden thing MJ's career that needs to be brought to light. It is not. In fact, it was on TV in high quality several times, it has probably the most videos on YT from any MJ tour. Meanwhile we have never had anything official (whether a concert circulated many times on TV or a DVD release) from the Victory tour, for example. Or Triumph or Destiny. Or find a damn HQ tape of the Bad Tour already and show that on TV! Any of this stuff would be new to the general public. The HIStory tour is not.

saying his lip sync performances before HIStory tour is some of his best performances ever, and then go on and bash HIStory tour for it, is hypocrisy

Exactly. I wanted to post the same thing! It's clear to me that some fans here don't like the HIStory Tour and they are against its release because they don't like the Tour, not MJ's lip syncing. Because if they were against lip syncing they wouldn't be supporting almost every single performance MJ did outside of his tours and almost half of his solo tours. So obviously it's not the lip syncing that bothers them but it's always their main reason why are they against HIStory Tour release. It's hypocrisy and selfishness in my opinion.

I understand they want something else to be released insead. But why not support every project (if it's done properly and respectfully) even if you're not a fan of that particular part of MJ's career?

If HIStory tour is released I won't buy it.

Exactly. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's not Michael's fault that some fans don't like it. It's not HIStory Tour's fault that some fans don't like it. And definitely it's not fan's fault that some fans don't like it. People are free not to buy it and to wait for the next project which might or might not be something they'll like and they'll buy that project. Simple as that.

I didn't like Vision DVD. I didn't like Immortal album. I didn't like Wembley VHS. No one was forcing me to buy them.

STOP

You're being ridiculous, there's no point to bring up footage of shows that was shot on FILM. Big woop, you're turning into a big cry baby. OH WEMBLEY WAS GARBAGE IT WAS VHS QUALITY. Look at least we got footage, so stop whining so much. You literally do nothing but talk about HD footage and complain.

You think VHS is acceptable for a release in 2012? no single company is releasing that standard. Fans deserve better, public deserve better. They're simply lazy, and they can't accept the responsibility that has been placed on them. You think Michael would release Wembley, in that quality or at all?

Back on topic. We'll discuss this topic more when and if they announce the HIStory project.

I'll post the new interview with Spike Lee that was posted in Off The Wall thread:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/01/spike-lee-michael-jackson?mbid=social_twitter

When asked his thoughts about Michael Jackson’s private struggles, Spike Lee answers diplomatically, “It’s not something I would say publicly.”

What did he mean by that? Was that positive or negative? Did anyone thought that Spike's reaction wasn't positive? Or did that just come out wrong? But anyway if he can't or won't comment on that subject publicly, then I don't see him doing the HIStory documentary.

I love Spike! It's funny how people automatically assume he's got something negative to say about Mike. He loved and respected him. His response to the interviewer could be him not wanting to feed into the tabloid view of Mike. Spike knows (like we do) that Mike haters only want to focus on the controversies in an attempt to diminish his artistic legacy. Spike is refusing to be a part of the continued lynch mob against Mike.

Spike seems like his heart's in the right place but I truly believe the reigns should be handed off to someone else. Bad25 was a good documentary but Spike did not take full advantage of the unbelievable things he had at his disposal.

There is a surplus of studio footage that was wasted. The behind-the-scenes footage of the short films was cut up into small segments and was thrown together without much focus. There was far too much of contemporary artists as opposed to people who worked side-by-side with Michael. Certain songs (Another Part of Me, Liberian Girl, Speed Demon) were glossed over entirely without much discussion.

The Off the Wall documentary will almost certainly be much worse given that Spike has less to work with.

Bad was a gold mine of possibilities that were thrown away. I have no idea what exists for Dangerous as far as unseen footage, but whatever does should be put in the hands of someone who can do it justice.

No disrespect to Spike, because I do enjoy Bad25, but I don't feel he's the right man for the job.

I tend to agree because they're definitely part of the HIStory Era. This movie has to be very precise with the timing considering HIStory and BOTDF together have 20 tracks. Double of what we have on Bad/OTW.

Fact. This is how I consider BOTDF. It was released to compliment the first 15 tracks. To me each song still fits in with the theme of HIStory.

Onir, I feel like you've missed the point I was trying to make entirely but lets just agree to disagree :)

:yes: It's pointless because there was no mention of tour release recently anyway. Why get so worked up about something hypothetical?

True, we probably shouldn't ruin this thread any further with the HWT discussion. I'd say it's going nowhere anyways :lol:

I'm still hugely in favor of a History documentary (of the album). Would be excellent.

Back