Votes: 34 26.8%
  • Dangerous

Votes: 48 37.8%
  • HIStory

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • Invincible

Votes: 14 11.0%

• Total voters
Agree. If done right it could be pretty special (for us at least)

Just curious, but have you got a favourite of your own? Have you seen all the tours?

All of them because I always find something awesome, but preferably his solo work just because his music got better with age. Obviously haven't seen enough of them because I don't concentrate his mouth whether it moves with the music, and seen enough to know there is more to see than mouth movements:cheeky:

I agree and its a shame that the remastered versions of the promo videos from BAD album wasnt included on blu-ray.
The short clips from Bad looks amazing to the poor 4:3 versions that is available now.

Yea I've always wondered that myself. & he also didn't mention the pepsi dreams. I really want to know wtf r they holding out on?

yes! and spike could talk about how he wanted to direct the 'stranger in moscow' video but Mike had already chosen the director lol

yes! and spike could talk about how he wanted to direct the 'stranger in moscow' video but Mike had already chosen the director lol
yeah, whenever I watch making of TDCAU and he talks about it, I always wonder what the hell happened with that

yeah, whenever I watch making of TDCAU and he talks about it, I always wonder what the hell happened with that

Michael asked him to pick any song from the album that he would like to do a short film for even though he wanted him to do They Don't Care About Us. So whatever song did Spike chose he would still end up doing They Don't Care About Us because that's what Michael wanted him to do ;). I guess he only asked him the question to see what's his favourite track on the record. Classic MJ.

Michael asked him to pick any song from the album that he would like to do a short film for even though he wanted him to do They Don't Care About Us. So whatever song did Spike chose he would still end up doing They Don't Care About Us because that's what Michael wanted him to do ;). I guess he only asked him the question to see what's his favourite track on the record. Classic MJ.
this is what Spike says in the making of TDCAU, he's telling what was being said in a conversation with Michael: I mentioned to Michael that on his HIStory CD, a song I would really love to do the music video for, is a song called, it's a great ballad called Stranger In Moscow. and Michael said, you do music videos? yeah Michael, I've done a lot of music videos. so I gave him a list of what Ive done. and he said great. and the next day Michael called back and said, I want you to do Stranger In Moscow. but lets do They Don't care About Us first
I don't know if those were the EXACT words, but I do remember he said it

Last edited:
(Now be honest, how informative was my post! :p )

Informative indeed, so much that I had to google it:)
I'm not technical person nor do I care whether MJ lip synced at times, but what you wrote seems to be issue alright.
"Recently, CNET started measuring input lag. This is the amount of time it takes for a TV or projector to produce an image. In the worse case, excessive input lag can cause lip sync issues. "

I think the real question is when are we getting all of Michael's tours on Laserdisc?

Everyone has a different opinion and that is not going to change. It doesn't mean their deluded just because they don't agree with someone else. As far as I'm aware Branca only said he would like to do a HIStory doc. not that it was confirmed. And he may not add a tour on or they may just add snippets if they do. Who knows? He may have talked about the 3D version of the tour before but that doesn't mean he would include it now. All of this back and forth over something that hasn't even been confirmed yet.

And yes I do like the tour. I don't see him as slow and stiff at all. Just a man who was approaching 40 who had been through hell and back and could still wow the crowd. I also admire his courage for getting back up on stage after the bashing he had taken in the press.

Doesn't make any sense. Spike Lee already skipped Thriller and went straight to the Bad 25 documentary and now the OTW documentary. It's much more logical to do a Dangerous 25 documentary, which is its celebration this year.

Stop crying, girl. You started with claiming someone is a "fan". Don't cry if someone gives a counter reaction. You don't see me saying that you should agree with me. You've got your opinion, so do I. And it seems that you want me to agree with you, since you're the one calling fans "fans" if they do not agree with you.

The reason Spike did the Bad documentary first (when he was asked to do a documentary) is because it was the 25th anniversary of the album in 2012. He wasn't asked to do a documentary on Mike's albums prior to that, HELLO! Now that he's been ok'd to do another one, it's common sense to do one on the first album Mike and Quincy collaborated on as well as it being Mike's first adult solo album. The logical choice for the next one (if he gets the green light to do it by the estate) would be Thriller, to finish the Quincy years (and it's a more important album than Dangerous).

That shouldn't have been a difficult task for you to understand, but since you want to act brand new, I'll spell it out for you like you are. As for wanting you to "agree with me", I couldn't care less if you do or not. You're not important enough to me to GAF.

Have several seats....

Last edited:
yeah, while it would only be fair to do a doc for Dangerous 25, I don't think they are going to make another one already, so soon after the OTW one, regardless of the anniversary of the album. so if and when they do another doc, maybe a couple of years from now, it should be Thriller

Thriller should not be the next one. Let's redirect the focus to something else.

I think some people don't want a Thriller documentary because they're afraid it's going to establish that Michael was the true genius behind the album :lol:

Last edited:
Dangerous needs to be the next documentary since this year marks its 25th anniversary, it was Michael's 1st album post Quincy Jones, and IMO his best album of them all. HIStory should be done later on.

I just hope they do SOMETHING for dangerous anniversary. Don't care what, as long as its not just a rerelease of the album, or Bucharest concert

The reason why I don't want Thriller as the next documentary, is because I want people to see that Michael made great (And, in my opinion better) albums without Quincy Jones. There's the myth that when MJ left Q, things fall apart for him, and he couldn't handle himself anymore. That myth needs to be squashed.

And people say that MJ leaving Q was a mistake, but it was a smart move for him. The Q produced trilogy are great albums, but MJ (Like most artists) wanted to move on and explore new ideas.

Last edited:
I think a major factor in why HIStory (or Dangerous) would be a better choice would be simply that Michael wrote more of the songs on both.

Rod Temperton would not be available again, Quincy would not be available again. Sure Janet wouldnt be around for the HIStory doc, but she was only involved in 1 song.

Speaking of songwriting, I was disappointed that they didn't go into more detail about MJ's songwriting on the BAD documentary. MJ wrote more for that album than any other album he's done, so that would have been a perfect opportunity to talk about his songwriting process.

I think if Spike wants to do Thriller, let him do Thriller. Nothing good comes out of a project that is not what someone really wants to do. The Estate can have another director deal with the post-Bad albums then. Not everything has to be done by Spike Lee.

Speaking of songwriting, I was disappointed that they didn't go into more detail about MJ's songwriting on the BAD documentary. MJ wrote more for that album than any other album he's done, so that would have been a perfect opportunity to talk about his songwriting process.

I only realised that when typing my comment above, but I guess the only person with anything of relevance to say would have been Michael. Everyone else's opinion is as valid as the next I suppose.

I think if Spike wants to do Thriller, let him do Thriller. Nothing good comes out of a project that is not what someone really wants to do. The Estate can have another director deal with the post-Bad albums then. Not everything has to be done by Spike Lee.

I agree. There are many talented directors from all over the World that would love to create a Michael Jackson documentary.

It's actually too bad that Spike doesn't seem to want to do History or Dangerous because they're actually more up his alley than the Quincy albums.
His movies are about social and racial unrest and he's a major spokesperson for injustice. And at a time that Michael himself was not only a victim but focused on injustice to others.
That type of music (NJS) ran thru the soundtracks of his own movies.

Bad 25 should have been at least an hour longer to get into the songwriting process. Still griping about that.

Hah, they should do Thriller documentary next!
I came across tidbit that I have not heard before:
Gooding then shared a tale Travolta told him about Michael Jackson initially offering "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" to him to record before ultimately deciding to save it for himself. The tune became the fourth hit single off Jackson's 1982 album, Thriller.
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...orys-john-travolta-my-favorite-costar-w163274

I don't know if I can listen WBSS again the way I used to as I imagine Travolta singing it:D

Back