Aerosmith Appreciation Thread - For Fans

Re: Aerosmith

I like Aerosmith!!! I've seem them live back in 2007 :D

Lol, check this out, what does he say at 3:45 ? "Dream until your ba**s turn blue ?" haha. What's with that blue dream anyway ? What does he mean by that ? Does anyone know ?

Last edited:

''Dream until your balls turn blue'' - dream hard enough and your balls turn blue. Literally - hold your balls, squeeze 'em and they turn blue. I love the one he does for Love In An Elevator sometimes: ''lick your fuckin' arse' or 'lick your funky arse'.

On to something else:

ST-FeelsSoGoodCover.jpg

^ That cover looks like a high-school photoshop project to me.

Steven is on the covers of People Magazine and Rolling Stone that are out now. Apparently he is working on a song with Johnny Depp, and Aerosmith is planning to tour later this year.

What is this Oxygen song?

I Love Aerosmith! Seen them in concert in Quebec City in the 90's, I was a teen but I've always loved them!
That show was great!!!

''Dream until your balls turn blue'' - dream hard enough and your balls turn blue. Literally - hold your balls, squeeze 'em and they turn blue. I love the one he does for Love In An Elevator sometimes: ''lick your fuckin' arse' or 'lick your funky arse'.

Haha, why would he say that ? Haha he's crazy hahaha !!!!

Steven is on the covers of People Magazine and Rolling Stone that are out now. Apparently he is working on a song with Johnny Depp, and Aerosmith is planning to tour later this year.

Lol @ the highschool photoshop project comparison haha ! Thanks for the news about Johnny, i did not know he could sing. If Aerosmith does tour i'll try to attend a concert. We'll have to fight like we did for the Michael Jackson's concert tickets. God, welcome to another nightmare.

I Love Aerosmith! Seen them in concert in Quebec City in the 90's, I was a teen but I've always loved them!
That show was great!!!

I'm so jealous because you saw Dream On live !!! :(

Haha, why would he say that ? Haha he's crazy hahaha !!!!
But after playing Dream On since 1973 or Elevator since 1989, he must want to change it up a bit.

Oxygen was a rejected song for either Just Push Play or the Oh Yeah! compilation from 2002. Looks like Steven's releasing it with drum programming replacing the actual drums. What a crock - he's just gone so soft. A song with Johnny Depp might be pretty good but after hearing Oxygen and how bad it was, surely nothing could be worse than that.

Drew what up kid ? :)

On page number four you wrote :

Absolutely. Vocal preperation before is important for a scream or yell like that. I could do one out of nowhere too at lesser strength but my voice would be gone for a few minutes.

Interestingly enough, Dream On is the easiest. Three straight screams and one sustained note. I'd say Draw The Line would be hardest - and I've tried and it is.

What about um, what do you call it in English ? The low register, like the low notes he does sometimes at the end of Dream On or when performing Mama Kin. I love it so much when he uses his voice that way, i tried to sing that way but when i do, i sound like a drunk opera singer. But then again, i do not know how to warm up my voice, arpeggios etc..... Can you sing that way ?

In case you do not know what i am referring to here are two examples, 2:19 -2:24 and 4:00 - 4:03:

One more thing, i'd like to share this cover with you guys. That dude sings "Dream On", in front of the old fellas (i.e Aerosmith), that is probably Drew's dream lol. That dude singing can sing for sure, i gotta search for other songs by this group. I wish Michael had sung that song:

Last edited:

Wow..I never knew Johnny was into music, he's playing guitar too..cool! Sure it would be interesting! :)

I bet the Depp collaboration would end up something like an acoustic number e.g. Face.

What about um, what do you call it in English ? The low register, like the low notes he does sometimes at the end of Dream On or when performing Mama Kin. I love it so much when he uses his voice that way, i tried to sing that way but when i do, i sound like a drunk opera singer. But then again, i do not know how to warm up my voice, arpeggios etc..... Can you sing that way ?

In case you do not know what i am referring to here are two examples, 2:19 -2:24 and 4:00 - 4:03:
Not sure what you'd call it but I'll say low register vocals. You can sing like that - when I sing, I go from low to high to extremely high back to operatic notes. Not as hard as you'd think. I'll have to upload something one day. I don't warm up either - I just go straight into it, but throughout the song I take deep breaths so I still have air and drink constantly.

At the moment, unlike before I'm not dubbing - I'm doing one-take recordings and they work quite well because I put my all into it. The notes I was reaching I didn't even know I had.

One more thing, i'd like to share this cover with you guys. That dude sings "Dream On", in front of the old fellas (i.e Aerosmith), that is probably Drew's dream lol. That dude singing can sing for sure, i gotta search for other songs by this group. I wish Michael had sung that song:
You bet. Either that or Draw The Line. On some days I can scream flawlessly but on others I have nothing there. Train are a good group by the way - very much enjoyed their muisc back in their early days.

^^^ Hi old man, how are you ? Thanks for answering. :)

I actually asked ya so you can tell me how to reach these low notes but you did not haha !!! :)

As for the scream you talked about, whenever i try to kinda scream with a high pitched voice like he does at the end of the song singing "dream on, dream on" before that long scream, my voice disappears.

Cute video:

Brad Whitford interview (dunno when it took place sorry, the video was uploaded on August 13th 2010 so maybe it took place some days before that):

Joe Perry interview:

Last edited:

I forgot about that! I'll have to take a listen.

EDIT: Okay so I just listened to it. It didn't make an impression on me one way or the other. I don't really see it becoming a hit, but you never know these days.

Drew, what did you think? :lol:

Last edited:

It has harmonica in it - I'm surprised they didn't say it was a blues-rock tune.

Ha, love all the Idol fans saying it's totally awesome. Yeah, they'd like crap like that. Hell, I'm starting a Have Guitar Will Travel campaign to get that out there as well as a Whitford / St. Holmes campaign to let peope hear real rock and roll.

Back