Aerosmith Appreciation Thread - For Fans

You're demanding lol, it was great to me, sounds like he still got it. Well, a lil short but the parts i love the more are the very beginning and the last "Uh Dream Ons !!!!!". Jlo and Randy looked like kids watching the performance lol.

Well, if you're gonna do it you should at least try to make it a good live performance, not half-arsed. I love Steven, I really do. But this whole Idol thing has really made me wonder why does he need to use it? And before anyone says it, Joe's had his moments of dire such as wanting to do I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - which is probably a musical crime in itself.

I do like Diane Warren though (the very statement in rock nobody should dare speak in public) - she writes some pretty good stuff. Sure, when she writes for Meat she's no Steinman (but who is?) but her songs on the records, I'd Lie For You And That's The Truth, Not A Dry Eye In The House and If This Is The Last Kiss (Let's Make It Last All Night are three that stand out beautifully. Also the Trisha Yearwood cover of How Do I Live and let us not forget Aero's 2006 release Devil's Got A New Disguise which is a fantastic Nine Lives-style hard rocker.

I'm gonna open a Diane Warren topic, right now, in fact.

Anyway, the new album comes out later this year I hope, so we'll see if the other guys are right that it will rock and not trust Steven when he says it rocks hard. Because I'm sure he thought Just Push Play (while containing some nice songs like Luv Lies, Avant Garden and Beyond Beautiful) rocked hard and that Bobo was no fun. Which listening to Bobo makes me want to have fun, like an old 60s record. JPP makes me want to do something weird.

Last edited:
^^^ Well, we'll have to agree to disagree about "I don't wanna miss a thing" as i love the live performances + the music video (the coat he got in it is made outta human hair according to his book). I'm sure a lot of people love this song. His screams in this song give me adrenaline rushes.

As for American Idol, i can tell ya about it briefly because i am reading Steven's book. I'm reading the pages in a strange order so i stumbled upon the American Idol part. Joe confronted Steven in the dressing room, asking him why he is finding out about this in the press and not thanks to Steven. Steven gave him a logical answer: "Well, c’mon man, two months ago you were trying to throw me out of the band, so I got myself a job, that way I’ve got something steady while you guys are trying to figure out what you want to do." Indeed, according to the book, Steven had heard that the band had been searching for a lead singer behind his back and started a rumour according to which Steven had quit the band.

PS: Don't wanna close ma eyyyyyyyes, don't wanna faaaaaaaall asleep......... as a matter of fact, it's late, i gotta close ma eyes now. Peace.

Last edited:
^^^ Thanks for this. What do you think of Steven's performance at American Idol ? :)

The Dream On performance? Not bad. I like to hear Dream On being performed with an orchestra.

^^^ Oh ok, like when he performed it during that Boston Pop thing. His voice was not that good there. I think you told me you'd buy Steven's book, have you bought it ? If so what do you think of it, is it what you expected ? :)

A nice video i just found, by the way, what software do you use to put a song on a video just like the uploader of the following video did please ?

Last edited:
^^^^ Thx for this track, it's VERY good. He sounds so different at 1:23 when he sings "I wanna know". I love when he uses low notes like that, how does he do it ? Btw i love your siggy. Samourai Michael ? Jack Fu Michael. lol

^^^^ Thx for this track, it's VERY good. He sounds so different at 1:23 when he sings "I wanna know". I love when he uses low notes like that, how does he do it ? Btw i love your siggy. Samourai Michael ? Jack Fu Michael. lol
I like that little part too :happy: Jack Fu Michael? :lol: I love Samurai MJ!

Where's this track from???

I first heard it in the movie Armageddon, the part when they are in a strip club :D

Awesome thread everyone. I love me some Aerosmith. I'm still royally pissed off i couldn't see them live last year, but at least i was there in 'spirit' because one of our interns attended the show. She told me of course that they rocked the night away.

With few exceptions, this year i made sure i wouldn't repeat the same mistake. The Scorpions guys ended up havin' the raw end of the stick cause i actually had tickets for their show, but i ended up shreddin' mine to pieces in an episode of rage. Bad arse temperamental rock chick, what can i say lol. I do what i feel like and i ask permission from friggin' no one. I'm sure the guys missed my presence, they had a few songs lined up there for me lol, but then again, the fact that i was supposed to go with two male friends mighta been a bit of a bother in certain quarters.

Returning to Steven & Joe & co before someone sues my behind for goin' o/t.......i've always loved Aerosmith. They seriously and truly rock and their videos have always been fascinating, true masterpieces. I need to make a lil' confession though - i used to love I don't wanna miss a thing, but nowayears, considerin' my peculiar circumstances, i find it a bit 2 stalkerish a concept for my liking.

Franc, thanks soooo much man for posting all them Dream on vids. They are great. If i remember correctly there was a thread last year about songs being played at our funeral and Dream on was one of the things i wanted in there. I'm sure it will be played at my funeral. Btw had no idea you were an Aerosmith fan. Let me see - you like Mike, Pac, Aerosmith, i think Bruce Lee as well......great, great taste homeboy. Are all your choices as exquisite as these? :cheeky:

One vid that i don't think i've seen yet is the collaboration with Mr. Carlos Santana.

And i'll do anything to just feel better/aaaany little thing to.....

I think Sunshine has already been posted, but i'm sure nobody will mind an encore

My kind of heaven lies in hell's backdoor how cool a line is that???
...That caterpillar's tryin to cop a plea
But the smoke ain't got nothing on me

And last, but certainly not least, my favorite - JADED. I was actually considered personality-wise a rather solar and positive person, but nowadays i ain't much fun for no one around me and i like to think i have a pretty good idea who it is that jaded me.

When everything eye see is a blur
And ecstasy's what
ai prefer

I love Aerosmith!!! Favourite 'Old-School' album is Draw The Line or their first, favourite 'Modern' one is probably Nine Lives or Bobo.

Ok, so Crazy was earlier on radio, so i would say that was my cue to start postin' here already lol. Aerosmith is quite often featured on my many radio stations as it is anyways.
I'm gonna see them live this Wednesday! I'm super exited! :jump:

Lucilla, you got everrrrrry right to feel that way. Congrats, i'm soooo happy for you. :clap:I know you'll give us all the details in the days after the concert. Make sure to enjoy yourself for us as well and send all our love to the boys, will ya? We'll be forever in your debt :D

I love Aerosmith!!! Favourite 'Old-School' album is Draw The Line or their first, favourite 'Modern' one is probably Nine Lives or Bobo.

Great musical taste you got there. Interestin' username too. Btw, welcome on board and welcome to this thread as well. Such a newbieee, you poor darling. But then again, maybe you've been here be4. People come and go all the time, change usernames and stuff. All kinda stuff can happen around here....

^^^ Thanks kid, i did not know "Sunshine" it's good. Here's a video i just found, i love it lol:

Very funny and cool vid. Thx 4 sharin'. It had me groovin' to that awesome beat Steven and Joey had runnin' over there lol.

I was lookin' at a music list of mine from a few years back and when it came to Aerosmith i had some of the songs i've already mentioned and this one marvel that i don't know for the kinky life of me how i could have forgotten last time around lol.

This video brings back some reallly nice memories of a wild night from the summer of last year. It really was one of them nights when indeed my libido blew up a transistor lol. As always when it comes to Aerosmith, not only is the song on poiiiint, but also they got one wicked funny vid and some of the coolest lyrics ever.

I'm major in love
But in all minor keys

But
you like the way I hold the microphone
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad
I'm even better

I know Steven meant it in another way, but i've always believed that part about the microphone can be faaar more exciting when comin' from a woman's lips :innocent:

I don't actually recall (we tend to have memory issues in our family) if this 'knees' night was the same one that had me endin' on my behind, fallin' from the height of my heels while tryin' to throw stuff @ people durin' Mr. Cocker's you can leave your hat on, but same as the Aerosmith vid......it was AWWWWWESOME :lol:

Lucilla, you got everrrrrry right to feel that way. Congrats, i'm soooo happy for you. :clap:I know you'll give us all the details in the days after the concert. Make sure to enjoy yourself for us as well and send all our love to the boys, will ya? We'll be forever in your debt :D

oh, you bet I will :D My first Aerosmith concert! I can't wait to be there.

I was lookin' at a music list of mine from a few years back and when it came to Aerosmith i had some of the songs i've already mentioned and this one marvel that i don't know for the kinky life of me how i could have forgotten last time around lol.

This video brings back some reallly nice memories of a wild night from the summer of last year. It really was one of them nights when indeed my libido blew up a transistor lol. As always when it comes to Aerosmith, not only is the song on poiiiint, but also they got one wicked funny vid and some of the coolest lyrics ever.

I'm major in love
But in all minor keys

But
you like the way I hold the microphone
Sometimes I'm good but when I'm bad
I'm even better

I know Steven meant it in another way, but i've always believed that part about the microphone can be faaar more exciting when comin' from a woman's lips :innocent:

I don't actually recall (we tend to have memory issues in our family) if this 'knees' night was the same one that had me endin' on my behind, fallin' from the height of my heels while tryin' to throw stuff @ people durin' Mr. Cocker's you can leave your hat on, but same as the Aerosmith vid......it was AWWWWWESOME :lol:

:lmao:

oh, you bet I will :D My first Aerosmith concert! I can't wait to be there.

I bet you will have lots of fun. Enjoy your experience :)

That's about it - the right expression on all faces involved lol. Thankfully, we overcame the moment and went back to bizniss and the rest is......:censored:

So the concert was suspended for 24 hours because Steven had a little accident. Thank God he’s fine and wasn’t that serious. According to what we know he was already dehydrated before he came in my country. When he was in the hotel he lost conscious in the bathroom, fell and broke 2 teeth, poor baby :(

Anyway, in the hospital he said he was in a hurry because he still wanted to perform :) but doctors said it was better if he wait a little. Everyone said he was really kind. Today is the big day so I wish the boys all the luck and hope we all can have a Sweet Emotion yay! :D

Back