Announcement: Hollywood Tonight – Second Single - Announcement From Sony Page 26

I am confused. Are they going to release a new song in the US too? Some counntries getting different singles. I am not sure what is going on exactly.

i heard Australia is getting Hollywood Tonight. wish we got behind the mask instead tho...maybe its old sounding but like mj said ..great music is timeless.
but i still hope HT is huge

nickzark;3223635 said:
Late february , beginning of March.

Oh well, that's very late. Until then "Michael" will probably be out of the charts in almost every country.

marebear;3225607 said:
I am confused. Are they going to release a new song in the US too? Some counntries getting different singles. I am not sure what is going on exactly.

Should be announced in due course, we don't know what one is being released in the UK yet either.

End of February??
And what for? To milk the high interest on "Hold my Hand" or what? :unsure:

I like the song, I think it's a very good song, but I definitely prefer Monster over it (minus the 50 Cent rap) as being a single. I honestly think that at first listen, people wouldn't even recognize Michael on HT. I hope Monster is an upcoming single sometime in the future. It has good potential, as well as HT. They both have the "Hollywood" theme either way. I'll be supporting HT, though. I wonder what the video will be like.

IMO, Hold My Hand wasn't the best choice for the first single. I hope this next one really draws people in.

Courtney;3227246 said:
I like the song, I think it's a very good song, but I definitely prefer Monster over it (minus the 50 Cent rap) as being a single. I honestly think that at first listen, people wouldn't even recognize Michael on HT. I hope Monster is an upcoming single sometime in the future. It has good potential, as well as HT. They both have the "Hollywood" theme either way. I'll be supporting HT, though. I wonder what the video will be like.

IMO, Hold My Hand wasn't the best choice for the first single. I hope this next one really draws people in.

as much as I love HT, I must say that Monster is fantastic too

Whatever is released in the UK next I'll be happy, Michael is at no.95 right now we need to get it back in the top 10 at least !!

I hope the release a new single in US and Canada too. I get the feeling they are handling this release differently than Hold My Hand was. I am just guessing here.

Theres a promo cd on ebay containing a radio edit - so its gonna be on the radio very soon :D

raz2911;3228091 said:
Whatever is released in the UK next I'll be happy, Michael is at no.95 right now we need to get it back in the top 10 at least !!

I guess Sony is just waiting for it to drop from all major charts so THEN they can start putting singles out...

vilangelo;3229222 said:
I guess Sony is just waiting for it to drop from all major charts so THEN they can start putting singles out...

I suppose, but why wait for it to drop? they should have released a 2nd single as soon as it was out of the top 40... I'm just happy they are releasing another single, I wouldn't have been surprised if they just released Hold My Hand.

I knew they would release Hollywood Tonight, not only is it one of the best songs on the album, but I thought they ended the HMH video on purpose at MJ's Hollywood walk of fame star...

hear HT on the radio today, radio2, which rather pleased me :D and my boss was humming along lol

If the album bounces up very high on charts again it will be very good for the album overally because there will be the trial of the so called Dr and the song has nothing to do with it. And there's already Hold My Hand and its video released then..

2600becs;3229901 said:
hear HT on the radio today, radio2, which rather pleased me :D and my boss was humming along lol

Was this the album version or the new radio edit of the song?

vilangelo;3229222 said:

That would be a very stupid thing for sony to do

AndreyZidane™;3230496 said:
It's called sarcasm, he was obviously being sarcastic as he even pointed that out.

Oh ok i misread what he wrote, thought he was being serious. My bad

Man this is such an amazing song, i'm jamming to it on my bass now over a new instrumental i made, don't wanna sound cocky, but it's so much better than riley and his cheesy pop horns and pointless string fills.

Back