Any anxiety/depression sufferers here?

Do you suffer from anxiety/depression?

• no

Votes: 21 17.2%
  • yes

Votes: 101 82.8%

• Total voters
Re: Suffering from on-and-off depression

That you don't. Your gonna make it you know.....

That you don't. Your gonna make it you know.....
I know I will. I don't doubt that I will. I just need to get out of being a teenager and wait until I'm 22 to even start dating.

That sounds like a smart thing to do. My girlfriend managed to make it through an abusive relationship in high school, and she waited until college to start dating again. From what I've seen, you'll be able to find men who have actually grown up once they're in their 20s. I'm sorry you had to deal with that, no one deserves that. It broke my heart when my girlfriend told me about it, and it's not easy to hear yours either.
In my own experience with depression, I've found that keeping those you love close was the most beneficial thing. You'll be in my thoughts, hope you feel better and keep your spirits high :)

That sounds like a smart thing to do. My girlfriend managed to make it through an abusive relationship in high school, and she waited until college to start dating again. From what I've seen, you'll be able to find men who have actually grown up once they're in their 20s. I'm sorry you had to deal with that, no one deserves that. It broke my heart when my girlfriend told me about it, and it's not easy to hear yours either.
In my own experience with depression, I've found that keeping those you love close was the most beneficial thing. You'll be in my thoughts, hope you feel better and keep your spirits high :)
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your words. :)

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, OP.

Depression is a tricky thing. I've dealt with it since 2007, so I know what you're talking about. I don't like to talk about what depressed me, but it's, in part, isolation and lack of real friends that have caused it. I feel like I can't trust anyone, everyone lets me down.

If you ever need someone to talk to, PM me or email me. I think I have my email listed on here.

Update: So I also figured out as well that my ex stole a Nintendo Gamecube,which I was unaware of until earlier this month. I'm legitimately sick and tired of guys treating me this way. I don't deserve it whatsoever.

no one deserves somethin like that.

Last edited:

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, OP.

Depression is a tricky thing. I've dealt with it since 2007, so I know what you're talking about. I don't like to talk about what depressed me, but it's, in part, isolation and lack of real friends that have caused it. I feel like I can't trust anyone, everyone lets me down.

If you ever need someone to talk to, PM me or email me. I think I have my email listed on here.

Yeah thats true. I was more depressed in 15,16s , rarely now.
Well in my case i get depressed when someone who i trust really hurts me and breaking up with gf.
Well im kinda in same position like you, i do have friends but most of them gone in different directions, some in college, some in other countryies,some married etc..
I have 2 best friend and one is in Canada and one in Germany so we see each other once a year and its difficult.
Other friends are not so good and we dont hang out as much.
Well i know how you feel, when few people let u down you are depressed and feel stupid.But then you met someone (bf/gf, friend) ad step by step you begin to trust again. It depends on person and situation, but you can find good frinds/bf/gf...

I'm slowly starting to tell people now,but for the last five years beginning with Michael's passing,I've been spiraling through an on-and-off roller coaster of depression. After the moment of Michael's passing,I was extremely depressed and I couldn't do anything. I couldn't properly function,even after starting eighth grade after the summer's end. September 13th,2009 is a night I will never forget,because I was opened up and became happier after watching Lady Gaga's Paparazzi performance. I know,it seems ridiculous,but that's how I fell in love with her. The rest of 2009 and all of 2010 I was happier,and even more so after starting high school. Things became even better in 2011 when I met my first boyfriend over the summer. We met through my sister's (now ex) boyfriend because they're close family friends. We dated for three months,but it came crashing down after we had a huge fight. I was devastated. This brought back the onslaught of depression again. I slowly got over it and lifted myself out of the depression. The rest of 2011 and 2012 was okay. 2013 was the worst year of my life so far. Not only did I go through a manic break up and was at my lowest point,I figured out my aunt had bone cancer and had to get a bone marrow done. My mom and I had to make an emergency trip to California to see her at the time. It was at my lowest point,even more so after I came back for my senior year. The beginning of that year was a bumpy road (two suspensions within weeks of each other),but I finally straightened myself out and finished the year. It was even better ending the year getting a new boyfriend,who I'd liked for four years. We ended the relationship on mutual terms because he became homeless shortly after the end of the year. I offered him to stay at my house for one night being nice so he can shower,get a meal,and sleep in a bed. Until that night I was trusting of him. I then discovered quickly that he had stolen an iPod Touch,Gamecube,and a Nintendo DS I had gotten as gifts from friends and pawned them at a pawn shop. I was furious and devastated. To top it off,I had also liked another guy,but we also had a falling out because of some things that will remain undisclosed. I have since slowly lifted myself out of this depression,but I'm starting to feel it coming back on after I'd gotten back in contact with both my ex and this other guy. My ex was leading me on hardcore within the first three or four days we'd gotten back in contact,but then he just got a girlfriend out of nowhere and didn't tell me anything. I have seriously had enough of guys,but that doesn't mean I'll go straight. I am just done with the bullsh*t. I will slowly end up lifting myself out of it,and I will be starting cosmetology school in January and plan by the end of the year to have my driver's license,so I'll become independent mostly and not have to worry about relationships.
I shouldn't dump all my problems out and expect sympathy. I just wanted to tell my story because hopefully,I can have someone with a similar or semi-similar story to relate to me.

Oh thats so sad, when someone you love hurts you.
I know how you feel,been there - experience that.
Although im rarely depressed now, but when i am i just go out and walk in woods or go fishing - just beeing outside and looking at nature or anything that keeps my mind of probems. And music helps too :)
No one deserves that, especially not you. You seem like nice person.

BTW i like some Lady Gaga songs too like Poker face and Just Dance because theyre catchy and have good rythm.

Re: Depression\Anxiety Support Group

Hello everyone! I'm so sorry i have been away for so long, life just got so busy and hectic, especially around Christmas (which was great). I wanted to give you all some good news, I'm finally depression/anxiety free!! It took an all natural medication called St. John's Wart to get rid of it, but I've been depression free for 2 1/2 - 3 months! I was better by my birthday (November 27) which i celebrated my Sweet 16! I've started school and i'm loving it! I'm starting to practice my singing again to build my voice back up. 2015 will be a better healthy year!
Please know i haven't forgotten you guys here. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things!

Hello everyone! I'm so sorry i have been away for so long, life just got so busy and hectic, especially around Christmas (which was great). I wanted to give you all some good news, I'm finally depression/anxiety free!! It took an all natural medication called St. John's Wart to get rid of it, but I've been depression free for 2 1/2 - 3 months! I was better by my birthday (November 27) which i celebrated my Sweet 16! I've started school and i'm loving it! I'm starting to practice my singing again to build my voice back up. 2015 will be a better healthy year!
Please know i haven't forgotten you guys here. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things!

That's great news! Hope you will be ok from now on. And enjoy your singing! That should help as well in the process of recovering.

If only my dear friend was in this group...oh Christina please listen to me! But I am depressed, I'm also schizophrenic.

Ive been suffering with depression this last year and a half and it getting worse by the day. I have been on/off on meds all the time and nothing seems to work. I get sick ouite often and have insomia.

Its great that this thread is here

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. :( Sometimes all you can do is be there. How long have you had depression?

Assuming this question was asked to me. I've had depression for two years. I'm not depressed as of right now, but I'm at my wits end with life.

Depression and anxiety are the worst. Try to look on the positive side, OP.

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that! Please know that i am here for you if you ever need someone to talk to. Have you tried St. John's Wart? It helped a lot. i was off it after about a month of taking it.

I've tried every sleeping tablets known to man but nothing works

As for me I am still suffering from deep depression. The only relief I can get from it is the constant addiction that I have to Bollywood and video games. And video games is something I wouldn't be addicted to. If it wasn't for some evil nameless a-hole. Doing what he did to Michael. And the fact that he only gotten 4 pathetic years in prison. Instead of getting the death penalty. Is why I am still suffering from depression. And the fact I can no longer sleep as good as I used to. It is now 2:25 am here and I am up playing my Zelda Skyward Sword game. On my Nintendo Wii U. How can I sleep while still knowing the fact. That f-ing a-hole is out there somewhere walking free. Which is something Michael will never do again.:( Especially with his children. Since I can't get help for my depression. Since the MJ hating people in my life. Refuses to get help for me. I am forced to live with my depression. It really doesn't matter to me anymore. I have since gotten used to the fact that my MJ fandom is almost non existed. Where at one time back when we still had him. He was my total obsession. Now my total obsession is video games and Bollywood. And I am ok as long as I have my video games and Bollywood in my life now. But I still so totally miss being the MJ fan that I once was.:( :boohoo

Wow, I didn't know that a lot of what I'm feeling, a lot of others are feeling it too. Good to know I'm not alone. Michael's passing has triggered my on going depression. But I have to believe that he would want me to, "Smile, though you're heart is aching.." The song "Smile" is so wonderful! He would want me to move forward and keep his memory and legacy alive. It's so hard, but all of you here makes me feel a little bit at ease.

Update: It's been a while since I've made a post to update this but since December 2014 I've come out of my depression.

I'm happy to hear that you've made it through! When reading your initial post, it reminded me a lot of the first couple years after his death, and especially the first 9 months or so. I knew I was depressed, and I sought help and did what I could to keep going. I was in college at the time, and though I desperately wanted a break, I kept going simply because I knew Michael would not want me to give up. For others that weren't fans that seems silly but we know as the MJfam that it's absolutely true.

I graduated, got better jobs, and finally moved to California - all because of Michael.

Though we all still struggle and miss him in our own ways, I like to think he'd be very proud of and happy for all of us to see how we succeed, move forward, and live out his legacy.

Hugs and loves to all of you for "Smiling" and staying strong!

I had the worst experience of an agitated anxiety attacks exactly 10 years ago today and suffered thru it for about a whole week of it.

Yayyyyyyyyy congrats :hug: happy for you

I have anxiety for sure and for me depression comes in waves... I have had a very 'interesting' life to say the least... and many characters in my family that many of them could have there own movie...

Yep I understand that aspect of depression coming in "waves"
Cuz some days you can feel good then some days you feel like wanting to crawl into bed & never come out.

i've suffered from social anxiety my whole life. then in 2006 i got a depression, and that was the first time i realized i also have social anxiety, i just wasn't aware of it. i went to therapy and got medicine. then in 2011 i went to therapy again, i don't really remember why lol then last year, was by far the worst year. in the beginning of last year i went to therapy again...then in the summer i got a depression so bad i wanted to commit suicide, so i had to be admitted to the mental hospital. and I hid it from everyone because I thought I could handle it myself, and no one had a clue what I was going through, not even my mom, I hid it from everyone for almost 6 months. then finally it got so bad, like I said, I wanted to commit suicide, and I finally realized I couldn't deal with this myself, so I broke down and told my therapist. then my mom...and that's when I got admitted
later that year, i got diagnosed with schizophrenia. but i was lucky, because i was still in therapy at that time, so it got caught early. i did have some very bad symptoms, but it wasn't long before i got the right medicine, and it slowly got better and better. i've been symptom free since then, and for the past year, i been doing wonderful. i still get therapy, and i still take medicine for social anxiety/depression (since 2006) and of course for schizophrenia also

Last edited:
Back