anybody here who is for legalising marijuana?

Severus Snape;3609741 said:
Ronald Reagan (thank god that rotten b--tard is dead)
I take great offense at that comment as Ronald Reagan is a personal hero of mine. He does deserve criticism though for signing a bill in 1986 that made about 3 million illegal immigrants eligible for amnesty.

lucilla;3339285 said:
Don't judge like that. I believe in God too and I hope they legalize that plant :yes:

96e744f6.jpg

diana79;3337357 said:
I support legalizing marijuana. It's not any worse than alcohol or tobacco, so it doesn't make sense for it to be illegal. It seems like a financial win for governments to legalize it - less pressure on the courts/criminal justice system because they won't have to go after people for marijuana related crimes and more tax money! If they make marijuana legal, you know that they will tax it.

This view is shared by one of the great thinkers of our time:

Snoop Dogg to White House: Legalize Pot

1c9eb899.jpg

Lots of celebrities want to meet the president and they often come with their own pet requests: Sign this or that, take a picture with my kid, how can I steal a hand towel from a White House bathroom?

But Snoop Dogg wants something different. The rapper (real name: Calvin Broadus) has been a longtime advocate for the legalization of marijuana (and a frequent user of it) and spoke to Hot 99.5’s Toby Knapp about the subject and how he might convince President Barack Obama to support a change in the country’s drug laws.

“Before I even said ‘Hi’ to President Obama, I would change the aroma of the room.…And then we could start conversing after we had that aroma change. You know what I’m talking about?” (transcript via Jezebel).

Snoop also proposed to have rapper Wiz Khalifa do the same, adding, “They legalized alcohol, they legalized tobacco. What is it gonna hurt to legalize this medicinal, medical marijuana that’s used for purposes of cataracts?”

Obama is opposed to the legalization of marijuana.

Snoop Dogg to White House: Legalize Pot

I take great offense at that comment as Ronald Reagan is a personal hero of mine. He does deserve criticism though for signing a bill in 1986 that made about 3 million illegal immigrants eligible for amnesty.

Take personal offence all you want, I hate the bloke.

As previously stated, I'm for legalizing everything, everywhere.

It's ridiculous the government tells you what you can or can't put into your own body, I've always thought. Obviously things like disorderly conduct and public intoxication should be dealt with accordingly, but if you want to enjoy substances in the comfort and safety of your own home in a responsible manner, I don't think it's the government's business to prevent you from doing that.

Unrelated, but I also think the whole 21 to drink thing in the U.S. is ridiculous. If by 18 your government judges me as fit to go to war and die (or if I'm unlucky, live and acquire combat-related PTSD) as a pawn to fulfill your agendas, then by golly I'm fit to down a shot of vodka with that.

I hate it when people complain about the crime rate ad how high it is (no pun intended).

I mean, drug laws alone are responsible for most crimes. If drugs were legal, they would lose their ciminal status, and our crime numbers would see a reduction of? about 50%. Cigarettes are legal, no one goes to jail for smoking cigarettes. If tobacco was criminalized tomorrow, people would go to jail for doing nothing more than smoking a cigarette, thereby increasing the crime rate.

Haha omg, i wish it existed near where i live !!!!!

Marijuana Vending Machine: Autospense Marijuana Vending Machine Debuts In Santa Ana
Posted: 04/24/2012 12:35 pm Updated: 04/24/2012 7:18 pm

First came the cupcake ATM, now we have it's nefarious counterpart -- the marijuana vending machine.

The self-contained "Autospense" machine by Dispense Labs was recently unveiled in Santa Ana. "I think there is a place in society for medical marijuana," company founder Joe DeRobbio told the OC Register. DeRobbio has taken it upon himself to solidify that place.

Each machine requires a registration card, a pin number and fingerprint recognition to be operated by a customer. Highly sophisticated security measures protect these machines from being tempered with or broken into. The medical marijuana inventory is approved by SC Laboratories.

Dispense Labs believes that the high business standard to which these machines are held legitimizes the current market. Autospense machines are available for rent, only to pre-qualified dispensaries.

UPDATE: 5:30pm -- Joe DeRobbio and Dispense Labs were served a cease and desist notice by a rival marijuana dispensing machine, Medbox, Inc., for violating its federal patent (7,844,363 B1). Angelique Dolan of MedBox told The Huffington Post that a lawsuit is in place.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/24/marijuana-vending-machine_n_1449270.html

Last edited:
Truth is:
You can't die from Marijuana.
It grows your brain cells
It kills cancer cells
Saying it's illegal is like saying God made a mistake
It's not a drug. It's a herb. From God's nature.
Simple as that.

But smoking it everyday is lil bit screwed.. Just hold the balance in it.

Wow many people here have same opinion as me. I MaxJax, I was the only one for supporting it, the other was against, I was almost getting banned wtf.

Why am I not surprised :smilerolleyes:

Look at Bob Marley, he smoked it too but was he a stupid man?

Of course Bob Marley wasn't stupid :D

Haha omg, i wish it existed near where i live !!!!!

Marijuana Vending Machine: Autospense Marijuana Vending Machine Debuts In Santa Ana
Posted: 04/24/2012 12:35 pm Updated: 04/24/2012 7:18 pm

First came the cupcake ATM, now we have it's nefarious counterpart -- the marijuana vending machine.

The self-contained "Autospense" machine by Dispense Labs was recently unveiled in Santa Ana. "I think there is a place in society for medical marijuana," company founder Joe DeRobbio told the OC Register. DeRobbio has taken it upon himself to solidify that place.

Each machine requires a registration card, a pin number and fingerprint recognition to be operated by a customer. Highly sophisticated security measures protect these machines from being tempered with or broken into. The medical marijuana inventory is approved by SC Laboratories.

Dispense Labs believes that the high business standard to which these machines are held legitimizes the current market. Autospense machines are available for rent, only to pre-qualified dispensaries.

UPDATE: 5:30pm -- Joe DeRobbio and Dispense Labs were served a cease and desist notice by a rival marijuana dispensing machine, Medbox, Inc., for violating its federal patent (7,844,363 B1). Angelique Dolan of MedBox told The Huffington Post that a lawsuit is in place.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/24/marijuana-vending-machine_n_1449270.html

Haha! Now that's interesting :D Hey Wordy, I thought you didn't smoke. I don't, but I support its legalization.

Saying it's illegal is like saying God made a mistake
It's not a drug. It's a herb. From God's nature.

I'm sorry but that didn't make much sense to me. Then again, I'm an atheist so yeah. That's also one of the weakest arguments you can make about legalizing pot. Don't expect atheist people who DON'T support legalizing marijuana to take you seriously, just like how I don't take seriously religious people who try to ban everything because it offends them.

This has nothing to do with religion. Religion only weakens arguments about stuff like that because there are a lot of people who aren't religious (on both sides) and won't take you seriously, rightfully so, to be honest.

It's just a matter of people being incredibly uneducated, stubborn, hypocritical and sometimes, flat out ignorant and stupid, who don't support legalizing something as harmless as pot yet support and consume other way more dangerous and legal substances like tabacco, alcohol and others.

It's about pointing out how uneducated and hypocritical they are, not about making a religious argument which is completely irrelevant and very weak, in my opinion. Try showing the economical benefits of legalizing pot to someone (who's an atheist, mind you), don't tell him about Jesus and stuff like that. I'm sure he'll take you more serious then.

Just to make it clear, I have nothing against religion. Everybody had the right to believe in whatever they want and I respect that. I just think religion shouldn't be mixed in with politics and stuff like that. There's a reason why a separation of state and church exists and should exist.

Believing in a supreme being is fine with me, if that's your thing then so be it, but don't try to make an argument using that belief about what should or shouldn't be legal or illegal. It's not gonna be very effective.

The brain cells and cancer arguments are way better, along side with the economical related arguments. Those are the way to go, if you want people to take you seriously.

Just a friendly advise, cheers!

MAKE POT LEGAL!

Haha! Now that's interesting :D Hey Wordy, I thought you didn't smoke. I don't, but I support its legalization.

I do not smoke lol, cannabis is illegal in France and i do not know anyone who consumes it. I won't just go on the street and trust a stranger lol. Amsterdam is only 3 hours away from Paris by train hehe; so if i can go there before any law prevents me from setting foot in a coffeeshop.............. An article i just found, nooooooo !!!!!!!!

BBC News, 27 April 2012 Last updated at 09:50 GMT

Netherlands judge backs cafe cannabis ban

A judge in the Netherlands has upheld a new law to ban foreign tourists from entering cannabis cafes.

While soft drugs are tolerated, there is growing concern at tourists visiting just for drugs, and foreign dealers selling illegally at home.

The ban is due to start in three southern provinces next month, and go nationwide by the end of the year.

A group of cafe owners argued at The Hague district court that the ban was discriminatory against foreigners.

Under the new law, Dutch residents will still be allowed into the cafes, as long as they have valid identification, or possibly hold a new "weed pass", which is also being debated.

There are about 700 coffee shops, as they are called, in the Netherlands. The cultivation and sale of soft drugs through them is decriminalised, although not legal; police generally tolerate possession of up to five grams of cannabis.

A lawyer for the coffee shop owners said he would immediately lodge an appeal.

Michael Veling, a spokesman for the Dutch Cannabis Retailers Association, is among those challenging the government plan.

"It is going to cost me 90% of my turnover," he told the BBC World Service. "That is a very good reason for anyone to oppose any plan. Second it puts our customers in a very difficult spot, because why do you have to register to buy a substance that is still illegal?"

Tougher approach

The BBC's Anna Holligan in The Hague says the nationwide ban is being strongly opposed by the Mayor of Amsterdam, Eberhard van der Laan, because around a third of the city's tourists visit to smoke cannabis in the cafes.

If the coffee shop owners lose their case they say they will take it to the European Court of Human Rights, on the grounds that the Dutch should not be allowed to discriminate against people on the basis of where they live.

The moves are part of a tougher approach to drugs introduced by the coalition conservative-led government, elected 18 months ago.

In October strong cannabis was reclassified as a hard drug, amid concerns that it has a psychotic effect on some users.

The move forced cannabis coffee shops to remove the more popular stronger varieties from their shelves.

In November the city of Maastricht brought in a coffee shop ban for foreign tourists from all countries, except Belgium and Germany, from where the majority of foreign customers come.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17865151

Last edited:
Word Smith Sr;3629384 said:
I do not smoke lol, cannabis is illegal in France and i do not know anyone who consumes it. I won't just go on the street and trust a stranger lol.

So you don’t smoke because it’s illegal? :lmao:
Kidding, kidding :D
Well, cannabis is not fully legal anywhere, not even in Netherlands. So that wouldn’t be a problem for most people but I know what you mean :)

Amsterdam is only 3 hours away from Paris by train hehe; so if i can go there before any law prevents me from setting foot in a coffeeshop..............

:lol:

An article i just found, nooooooo !!!!!!!!
Yeah, but I don't think they will approve that law because of this :
"It is going to cost me 90% of my turnover,"

T.N.A.:
Okay what about me saying: Making cannabis illegal is like saying nature's wrong? :D

Just to let u know Im more spiritual :b

Last edited:
T.N.A.:
Okay what about me saying: Making cannabis illegal is like saying nature's wrong? :D

Just to let u know Im more spiritual :b

Well, there are a lot of messed up things in nature. Whether or not some are wrong is completely subjective.

A better argument might be: Make pot legal because of the economical benefits, medical benefits and help get the crime rate down (I explained that a few posts ago in this thread).

And I could tell you're religious and I have absolutely no problem with that. I'm just saying it makes for a really weak argument, that's all.

New York judge with cancer makes case for marijuana

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A cancer-stricken judge in New York has become an unlikely voice in support of legalizing the use of medical marijuana with the admission that he smokes pot to ease the side-effects of his treatments.
Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Gustin Reichbach, who is being treated for pancreatic cancer, wrote in a New York Times article on Thursday that he had been using marijuana provided by friends at "great personal risk" to help him cope with the nausea, sleeplessness and loss of appetite from chemotherapy treatments.

"This is not a law-and-order issue; it is a medical and a human rights issue," wrote Reichbach, 65, who has spent 21 years on the bench in Kings County Supreme Court, and continues to hear cases even as he receives cancer treatment.

In the past, admitting to taking a few puffs of marijuana has been enough to derail some judges' careers. U.S. appeals court Judge Douglas Ginsburg saw his nomination for the U.S. Supreme Court go up in smoke in 1987 after admitting he had used marijuana several times in the 1960s and 1970s.

In 2011, a Georgia judge was removed from the bench for various infractions including publicly admitting to smoking pot regularly.

New York is not among the U.S. 16 states and the District of Columbia that allow medical marijuana. Cannabis remains an illegal narcotic under federal law.

Under New York's Code for Judicial Conduct, judges are required to "respect and comply with the law." First-time possession of less than 25 grams of marijuana is punishable by a $100 maximum fine.

While Reichbach's editorial amounts to an admission he broke the law, his story is more likely to elicit admiration than condemnation, judicial ethics experts said.

"It's brave and wonderful, but it's heart-wrenching," said Ellen Yaroshefsky, a law professor at the Benjamin Cardozo School of Law. "There are key moments in history where a judge makes a bold stand. This is one of the moments, and we should be proud of it."

LEGAL CONSEQUENCES UNCLEAR

In New York, disciplinary actions involving judges are handled by the state's Commission on Judicial Conduct, which reviews allegations of criminal activity and other wrongdoing and decides on an appropriate reprimand. That could range from a confidential cautionary letter to dismissal, although more serious forms of punishment require approval from the state's chief judge.

Robert Tembeckjian, counsel for the commission, declined to say whether any inquiry could or would be opened into Reichbach's statements.

"Information relating to the conduct of judges that appears in newspapers is routinely reviewed by the commission," Tembeckjian said.

The Brooklyn District Attorney's Office did not immediately comment on whether any action was being contemplated against the judge. But first-time possession of a small amount of marijuana is classified only as a civil offense.

A spokesman for the state court system, David Bookstaver, also declined to address whether Reichbach might face consequences for the editorial, saying only that "everyone's thoughts in the court system are with Justice Reichbach as he battles a very serious disease."

One potential conflict that may arise from Reichbach's comments is his ability to hear cases involving marijuana possession, said Monroe Freedman, a law professor at Hofstra University.

"He has admitted to unlawful conduct," Freedman said. "Ordinarily, that could be a problem, but it's a very narrow, specific situation and I would hope nothing would come of it that would be adverse to the judge."

Support for medical-marijuana legislation is gaining support among New Yorkers. A poll from Siena Research Institute released on Wednesday found 57 percent of New Yorkers supported establishing a legal framework for allowing doctors to prescribe marijuana for cancer, chronic pain and other illnesses.

On Tuesday, a New York Assembly committee approved medical-marijuana legislation, and the Democratic-controlled Assembly appears poised to pass it for the third time in five years. A spokesman for the state Senate Republican majority said that chamber was unlikely to act on the measure this year.

(Reporting by Jessica Dye; Editing by Peter Cooney)

http://news.yahoo.com/york-judge-cancer-makes-case-marijuana-220824712.html

American judoka Nick Delpopolo thrown out of Olympics for testing positive for THC

149562053.jpg

American judoka Nick Delpopolo has been expelled from the Olympics for testing positive for tetrahydrocannabinol, or as it's more commonly known, THC. It's the chemical found in marijuana and hash.

According to a statement released by the USOC, Delpopolo is embarrassed and blamed the positive test on an "inadvertent consumption of food that I did not realize had been baked with marijuana." That's either an amazing excuse or Delpopolo is cursed with the worst friends on the planet.

OK, a little tip: Friends of Olympians. Sneaking pot brownies on a friend is never a good idea. But doing it when he's going to be competing in the Olympics, something he's worked for his entire life and that comes with a whole lot of drug testing, is downright terrible.

Delpopolo's Olympic accreditation was canceled, and the IOC asked for the international judo federation to look into further action. The USOC, which said it is committed to clean competition, supported the disqualification. This is the first expulsion from an in-competition test.

Delpopolo hopes he will get a chance to redeem himself.

"I look forward to representing my country in the future, and will rededicate myself to being the best judo athlete that I can be," he said. Delpopolo competed in the 73 kg (160 pounds) weight class last Monday. He went 2-1, and was eliminated in the repechage round.

By Maggie Hendricks, Mon Aug 6, 2012

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olymp...olympics-testing-positive-134606296--oly.html

Last edited:
To not be too political about this topic I'd like to address my point of view about marijuana, the reason of my negative thoughts about marijuana is the fact I still see it as a affected drug like any other drugs. I know some subscribed medicine have initially labeled marijuana in their pro scrips which I strongly feel has its affect on why so many people (not pit pointing anyone know) become addicted to pills... Not to be too informative about my personal life and my personal problems but I know what it can do to people... A couple of years ago (I won't name the the medicine) I was giving from my doctor a medicine to wheel of my anxiety I ones had/have and without explaining furthermore about the adverse of it I became really restless and one of my arms started to itch incredibly bad and shaking... after a couple of research about it I found out it inhaled a small mount of high anxiety which in other terms can explained as marijuana... I don't see any good in legalizing marijuana in any way or any other drug, why should it? People needs to be aware of the backside of it and it only do bad things to people, so no... I wish it never crosses the governments appeal... Thank you!

^^What about alcohol and tobacco? ... Cirrhosis and lung cancer, anyone?

Yet they're still legal...

Don't care personally. Don't use it and never will.

^^What about alcohol and tobacco? ... Cirrhosis and lung cancer, anyone?

Yet they're still legal...

That's just ridiculous to even compare those two with a high defined drug, seriously? Marijuana is a DRUG which gets you HIGH, alcohol has it own affect yes and it should be limited as well, statics shows alcohol consumption have escalated enormously these couple of years, Sweden's biggest liquor company called "Systembolaget" will now appeal (if they already haven't) to the supreme court a new delivery method which will allow customers shop ONLINE and get it delivered DIRECTLY to your house, that's just NOT a way to decrease the inhalation.

If the drug would be legalized think about the abuse of it and how high infected it will become if people will get their hands of it. Think about what your children would do if they came across marijuana? Do we really want to see our children abuse drugs, ones it starts with small portions then it gets bigger and more attractive. I wouldn't want MY child to do ANY drugs.

But fine, if ANYONE will be able to use it then go ahead, it's like giving it directly to your children... This is just stupid to even comment I think.

Last edited:
^^I think the first step in legalizing marijuana would be educating people about it.

And with that, I rest my case... for now.

I'll come back another day for a debate in which I'm pretty comfortable getting it, just not today. Got stuff to do but another day, we'll debate it if you want to. :p

Last edited:
Back