anybody here who is for legalising marijuana?

mjsoldier

Proud Member
why do so many people hate it?

in my opinion its not a bad drug... alcohol looks more worse for me!

whats you're opinion?

Last edited:
According to some studies marijuana is less harmful than cigarettes and alcohol. It's funny that cigarettes are so harmful but people that are less than 18 manage to buy it. I do not do marijuana but I'd like marijuana to be legalised, this way people could make sure they consume the right thing and not freaking shoe polish or some other strange thing. Would be cool if one could go to the mcdonald's and say "can i have a green brownie please ?" haha. Sorry for dreaming outloud.

The police here is freaking out -.-'
why we became so bad lessons and going for it to jail =(

it should be legalised !

im for a peacefull place!

NO MORE WAR!

yes, you're right...

but i didn't understand alot of my friends..
they said i'm ill because i take it
and i said no... because i dont drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes
and by the way i only do that on my free weekends to sleep good or something else...
but im not a bad man while im smoke mary-jane =(
and im learning regulary for school, not like the others who drinking alcohol at the week and before their go to school, cause i think that's ill!

hope someone understands me...

I support legalizing marijuana. It's not any worse than alcohol or tobacco, so it doesn't make sense for it to be illegal. It seems like a financial win for governments to legalize it - less pressure on the courts/criminal justice system because they won't have to go after people for marijuana related crimes and more tax money! If they make marijuana legal, you know that they will tax it.

In the Netherlands, where I live, it's partly legalised and it's not ideal. Mainly because it's legalised to sell and buy a certain amount, but it's not legal to grow it. So the shops are 'illegally' getting the stuff they sell and the growing business is in hands of real criminals. I know an old lady who wanted to set up het own growing place to ad a bit of money to her measly pension (illegally also) but she was kidnapped by the big guys before she had sold any of it. They took her plants and kept her and her dog captive for over a day. So yes, make it entirely legal or just prohibit it totally, but these halfway laws we have make no sense and don't work properly.

I'm for a Peacefully Place!
the crime and all the other bad things must stop!
let's make the world to a better place!

In the Netherlands, where I live, it's partly legalised and it's not ideal. Mainly because it's legalised to sell and buy a certain amount, but it's not legal to grow it. So the shops are 'illegally' getting the stuff they sell and the growing business is in hands of real criminals. I know an old lady who wanted to set up het own growing place to ad a bit of money to her measly pension (illegally also) but she was kidnapped by the big guys before she had sold any of it. They took her plants and kept her and her dog captive for over a day. So yes, make it entirely legal or just prohibit it totally, but these halfway laws we have make no sense and don't work properly.

I agree it should be entirely legalised. However, I do think our system is better than countries where marijuana is illegal and prosecuted, as statistics confirm (better quality, more tax revenue, less people using it, etc.). Drug crime is universal, unfortunately. But ours look like petty crimes compared to the drug-related (mass) murders in e.g. Mexico and the USA.

It is allowed to grow marijuana for personal use, btw. I think the state should be responsible for the supply of marijuana.

To LindavG: Maybe it's better than just prohibiting, but I think it's just wrong when the government instills hypocricy in their laws and rules, and this plainly is hypocritical. You can sell it as a shop, but the shop can't buy it for itself. It creates an impossibility and must lead to crime. Too much police involved with this self-produced situation, it's just so silly.

To LindavG: Maybe it's better than just prohibiting, but I think it's just wrong when the government instills hypocricy in their laws and rules, and this plainly is hypocritical. You can sell it as a shop, but the shop can't buy it for itself. It creates an impossibility and must lead to crime. Too much police involved with this self-produced situation, it's just so silly.

Yes, I agree. The Dutch system is far from perfect but it's better than the alternatives that are currently out there I guess. Ideally, we would have state-controlled plants to grow marijuana in remote areas (so the state profits directly from its production and can spend the revenues in the public sector) and any other (individual) plants would be illegal and prosecuted. That way, you 1. ensure that the marijuana is of good quality, 2. prevent criminals from dealing and profiting of marijuana, 3. avoid public nuisance and 4. have a clear seperation between the legal and illegal realm. This model was proposed before the elections (by D66, I think) but it got overruled :mello:

^Yes, this plan is straightforward and very clear and should do the job.

I think many politicians are afraid for the consequences for other drugs when marihuana is finally legalised. E.g. the mushroom discussion of two years ago. Of course there are always bad examples of drug use, but if these examples should mean that they have to be illegal, the first thing that should be illegal is alcohol, and of course that's never going to happen. So yes, let's have a realistic approach to this and legalize all softdrugs, and legalize every necessary step.

After taking a pharmacology course this year, I couldn't believe the little amount of harm marijuana can do to you in comparison with nicotine or alcohol. I think it should be made legal because it would stop some drug crime, but I can see why it's still illegal. Alcoholism is a huge problem in our society.. if weed were legal then we would have to deal with high people (not that we don't encounter high people on the street, but it would be more common than it is now I think). If it were made legal, I think it should still be illegal to grow your own... in non tropical places like Canada, it takes up a lot of energy to run these growops, which has negative consequences on the planet.

So in the end, yay for making it legal and nay for people able to grow your own.

After taking a pharmacology course this year, I couldn't believe the little amount of harm marijuana can do to you in comparison with nicotine or alcohol. I think it should be made legal because it would stop some drug crime, but I can see why it's still illegal. Alcoholism is a huge problem in our society.. if weed were legal then we would have to deal with high people (not that we don't encounter high people on the street, but it would be more common than it is now I think). If it were made legal, I think it should still be illegal to grow your own... in non tropical places like Canada, it takes up a lot of energy to run these growops, which has negative consequences on the planet.

So in the end, yay for making it legal and nay for people able to grow your own.

I think high people are a lot more pleasant to be around with than drunk people :p

To answer the thread's question: No.

I'm really curious about your answer. It seems like the vast majority of people that I know think it should be legalized. Why do you think it shouldn't?

Also, do you think alcohol and tobacco should be made illegal?

To answer the thread's question: No.
I agree with you..my anwer is NO also...kids will get ahold of it...smoke and then drive a car..possibly kill themselves or someone else...and what will they say when they go to court to answer for that murder charge...Oh your honor I didn't break the law...its legal to smoke weed. See there is so much that needs to be taken in consideration other than just the fact that people like the way they feel after they smoke... Now medical marijuana is a WHOLE different story as far as I am concerned..if people who are terminally ill need it ..then I say..hey..let them have it..they are suffering enough.

I agree with you..my anwer is NO also...kids will get ahold of it...smoke and then drive a car..possibly kill themselves or someone else...and what will they say when they go to court to answer for that murder charge...Oh your honor I didn't break the law...its legal to smoke weed. See there is so much that needs to be taken in consideration other than just the fact that people like the way they feel after they smoke... Now medical marijuana is a WHOLE different story as far as I am concerned..if people who are terminally ill need it ..then I say..hey..let them have it..they are suffering enough.

People get into crashes all the time for drunk driving, multi tasking and many other reasons. If marijuana was to be legalized, there will be a law for "no smoking and driving" which would eventually get broken just like in the case of drinking and driving, and multi tasking.

If that's the case they might as well ban alchohol. Drinking alchohol itself is legal... however driving and drinking is ilegal. Same would apply for marijuana if it was to be legalized.

Well drinking is legal and using mobile phones is legal. Is not legal however to be drunk whilst driving or use a mobile phone whilst driving, like it is illegal to be under the influence of drugs whilst driving.

Back