anybody here who is for legalising marijuana?

Legalize! I can't ever remember of hearing of anyone being arrested for fighting while stoned ... booze is way worse than weed in my experience.

I'm totally against. Actually even regular cigarettes should be banned. They are responsible for a great number of people suffering from cancer and other diseases. The government only keeps the sale legal, because of the taxes.

Hell no.............

As it is, cigarette smoke stinks.............

.........And I doubt that marijuana smoke smells any better..........

.........I don't wanna breathe in even more stinking toxic fumes..............

I'm totally against. Actually even regular cigarettes should be banned. They are responsible for a great number of people suffering from cancer and other diseases. The government only keeps the sale legal, because of the taxes.

So why wouldn't they ban ciggs and make weed legal? Why is something that eventually kills you legal and something that just gets you stoned ilegal? Sure, that makes sense.

Hell no.............

As it is, cigarette smoke stinks.............

.........And I doubt that marijuana smoke smells any better..........

.........I don't wanna breathe in even more stinking toxic fumes..............

It's impossible to describe because there are thousands of strains of marijuana, and different strains have different smells. For the most part though, marijuana has a unique "thumbprint" to it.

I can't really describe it, but when people say it smells like skunk, that's probably the closest they can get to it iwth actual words, and they're really talking about how it smells BEFORE it's smoked.

It's like trying to tell someone who doesn't know what fresh-baked cookies smell like what fresh-baked cookies smells like. You just know.

Basically, marijuana has no smell that I can relate to something most people would be familiar with. It's distinct. It DOES NOT smell like tobacco though. It smells wonderful :D

If I could put it into words, it would be an oily herb smell. It lingers more than tobacco smoke in the air, and you'll know immediately that you're not smelling tobacco. Of course, we're talking about SMOKED marijuana, and not cured or fresh marijuana, which has hundreds of thousands of unique, unknown words to describe it (think of wine, and how many ways there are to describe the smell).

The word "pungent" comes to mind, and that relates back to what I was saying about smelling like skunk. It's not naseaous like skunk, but it's a word used by smokers to describe both the bud (marijuana flower) and smell, so what they really mean is pungent.

Some smell spicy, some like citrus, some like flowers, some have earth metal overtones, some like dirt, some smell like grass, some like burnt popcorn, some like fresh-mowed grass, etc.

Basically, it's like nothing you have EVER smelled before.

To be fair, smoking marijuana is bad for you as well. Inhaling foreign smoke in to your lungs isn't good regardless of what it contains. I don't know how I feel about legalizing pot, but I do know I HATE the smell of it. It's so stank ass gross! I don't care what type it is, it's nasty! I wish people would quit smoking altogether, because it's one of those things that tread upon my personal space and I won't no part of it.

I'm against both. Marijuna & regular cigs.

AndreyZidane™;3352899 said:
So why wouldn't they ban ciggs and make weed legal? Why is something that eventually kills you legal and something that just gets you stoned ilegal? Sure, that makes sense.

I dont use marihuana but i am all for legalisation...

Why does a government have to tell us whether or not we can smoke somethign that grows naturally....it is a plant after all...

We can decide that for ourselves...

As long as people dont drive while being stoned i dont see the problem, if you want to mess up your lungs that is YOUR decision, not the governments...

I dont use marihuana but i am all for legalisation...

Why does a government have to tell us whether or not we can smoke somethign that grows naturally....it is a plant after all...

We can decide that for ourselves...

As long as people dont drive while being stoned i dont see the problem, if you want to mess up your lungs that is YOUR decision, not the governments...

It's been said a couple of times in this topic, alchool is legal yet people still drive while they're piss drunk. Hell, in my opinon they shoud set up like, an IQ test and there should be a limit of points that you need to pass in order to be able to get stoned (not talking here about cancer pacients and people who need weed for medical problems). Also, you should be at least 16 to be able to buy weed. because you don't want kids to get stoned and you don't want general idiots getting stoned because "it's cool". Actually, marijuana can be used to help you sleep, to relax you after a hard day at work/school, and other problems like that. So it's ok with me too.

I support legalizing marijuana. I don't smoke it, never will. But cigarettes/tobacco and alcohol do worse damage to our bodies than marijuana does. People die from both cigarettes/tobacco and alcohol every single day, yet they are still legal. The only reason marijuana isn't is because of money. If they do legalize it, it will probably be taxed and very expensive. But they know people are capable of growing the stuff themselves so that's less money for them. If it ever becomes legal, everybody and their mothers will have it and grow it. Therefore, for that reason, it will never be legalized and if it is, it will take a lot of work and a long time before it is.

I support legalizing marijuana. I don't smoke it, never will. But cigarettes/tobacco and alcohol do worse damage to our bodies than marijuana does. People die from both cigarettes/tobacco and alcohol every single day, yet they are still legal. The only reason marijuana isn't is because of money. If they do legalize it, it will probably be taxed and very expensive. But they know people are capable of growing the stuff themselves so that's less money for them. If it ever becomes legal, everybody and their mothers will have it and grow it. Therefore, for that reason, it will never be legalized and if it is, it will take a lot of work and a long time before it is.

That's a common misconception. Marijuana is very harmful to our brain and lungs. I realize that smoking and drinking is bad too but that doesn't convince me that we should legalize everything simply because other bad things are also legal. Ever notice that weed smokers all have the same "Seth Rogen" pothead laugh? It's not a coincidence. Marijuana f's your head up. However, I think I am for legalizing it so long as the proper laws coincide with it. Not sure. I wouldn't want a childrens school bus driver lighting up while taking the kiddos to school or anything like that.

The "Seth Rogen" pothead laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPBiMU2yI3c&feature=related

Last edited:

Hi Courtney how are you ? Thx for this post. :)

I hope it'll be legalized in France one day so youngsters don't smoke cannabis cut with glass and other dangerous things.

That's a common misconception. Marijuana is very harmful to our brain and lungs. I realize that smoking and drinking is bad too but that doesn't convince me that we should legalize everything simply because other bad things are also legal. Ever notice that weed smokers all have the same "Seth Rogen" pothead laugh? It's not a coincidence. Marijuana f's your head up.

Well, yeah smoke in your body is dangerous but what about vaporized marijuana and marijuana edibles like brownies, muffins etc ? Would u say they are as harmful as a joint ? I do not think so at all but then again i have never consumed marijuana and i am no expert. Still though lol, i don't think so. I'd say as long as u vape or eat it, it's less dangerous than cigarettes and alcohol.

Hi Courtney how are you ? Thx for this post. :)

I hope it'll be legalized in France one day so youngsters don't smoke cannabis cut with glass and other dangerous things.

Well, yeah smoke in your body is dangerous but what about vaporized marijuana and marijuana edibles like brownies, muffins etc ? Would u say they are as harmful as a joint ? I do not think so at all but then again i have never consumed marijuana and i am no expert. Still though lol, i don't think so. I'd say as long as u vape or eat it, it's less dangerous than cigarettes and alcohol.

I wasn't trying to say one thing is worse than another. I was only trying to convey that marijuana isn't an innocent drug as some are portraying it as.

That's a common misconception. Marijuana is very harmful to our brain and lungs. I realize that smoking and drinking is bad too but that doesn't convince me that we should legalize everything simply because other bad things are also legal. Ever notice that weed smokers all have the same "Seth Rogen" pothead laugh? It's not a coincidence. Marijuana f's your head up. However, I think I am for legalizing it so long as the proper laws coincide with it. Not sure. I wouldn't want a childrens school bus driver lighting up while taking the kiddos to school or anything like that.

The "Seth Rogen" pothead laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPBiMU2yI3c&feature=related

I understand what you're saying. I know that marijuana can f-up the brain. I should have mentioned that in my post. However, cigarettes are just as harmful and yet they are legal. I don't know, I think the issue over legalizing marijuana is all about money. Not about people's health or anything else. Everything is about money these days. That's basically the main point of my post. I wouldn't smoke it and I sure as hell wouldn't trust anybody while they are under the influence of it. But to me, it's either all or nothing. Legalize them all: alcohol, tobacco, cigarettes, marijuana, etc. Or legalize none at all. They are all damaging to the human body just the same. What's so absolutely horrible about marijuana that makes cigarettes "better" than it? The government wants money from it and if people are growing the plant themselves in their own backyards, then that's less money for them.

I wasn't trying to say one thing is worse than another. I was only trying to convey that marijuana isn't an innocent drug as some are portraying it as.

Oh ok, ma bad. Oh by the way Travis, since you seem to know about it , i have a question. Is it true that a joint is worth several cigarettes in terms of tar amount, toxicity and all that ? You said weed is harmful to the brain and lungs. What deseases can it cause in the brain and lungs ? Has anyone ever had lung cancer, emphysema etc, for smoking marijuana ? What about man boobs ? (no, this question is not a joke).

I'll do some research but i wanted to ask to hear your opinion.

Hope you're well. :)

Peace and p............ ok sorry.

Last edited:
Oh ok, ma bad. Oh by the way Travis, since you seem to know about it , i have a question. Is it true that a joint is worth several cigarettes in terms of tar amount, toxicity and all that ? You said weed is harmful to the brain and lungs. What deseases can it cause in the brain and lungs ? Has anyone ever had lung cancer, emphysema etc, for smoking marijuana ? What about man boobs ? (no, this question is not a joke).

I'll do some research but i wanted to ask to hear your opinion.

Hope you're well. :)

Peace and p............ ok sorry.

Marijuana is far from an innocent little plant. It annoys me when people use that as a defense, saying it's "natural". So are poisonous berries, but do you eat them? If you're going to smoke it, at least acknowledge the fact that it's very unhealthy both mentally and physically. I'm not applying this specifically to anyone, just in general.

This should answer all your questions...

http://www.drugabuse.gov/infofacts/marijuana.html

Marijuana is far from an innocent little plant. It annoys me when people use that as a defense, saying it's "natural". So are poisonous berries, but do you eat them? If you're going to smoke it, at least acknowledge the fact that it's very unhealthy both mentally and physically. I'm not applying this specifically to anyone, just in general.

Thank you so much for this much needed post on here. ..

I know this plant ain't that innocent lol , relax. I just asked a few questions, weed ain't the devil brother, relax. I was gonna post a video which deals with the subject but i'll surely get banned if i do so whatever. Thx for the link. :)

Last edited:
I know this plant ain't that innocent lol , relax. I just asked a few questions, weed ain't the devil brother, relax. I was gonna post a video which deals with the subject but i'll surely get banned if i do so whatever. Thx for the link. :)

No worries. As I said, I wasn't directing my comments at anyone in particular. Nor am I judging. I'm only trying to get across the fact that marijuana isn't a harmless plant as it's been painted by several in this topic and by the millions across the globe. Roll it, light it up, and smoke it... I really don't care (it's your life) so long as their isn't any irresponsible brainwashing occurring.

Last edited:
No worries. As I said, I wasn't directing my comments at anyone in particular. Nor am I judging. I'm only trying to get across the fact that marijuana isn't a harmless plant as it's been painted by several in this topic and by the millions across the globe. Roll it, light it up, and smoke it... I really don't care (it's your life) so long as their isn't any irresponsible brainwashing occurring.

Well brother, i don't think people need this thread to smoke weed. They can be told about it by their friends or simply see it on the street. On the other hand , yeah maybe you're right, if one says weed is not that harmful, the responsible thing to do would be saying that there are risks as well. I do not know if you understand my English, it's not my mother tongue.

In the Netherlands, where I live, it's partly legalised and it's not ideal. Mainly because it's legalised to sell and buy a certain amount, but it's not legal to grow it. So the shops are 'illegally' getting the stuff they sell and the growing business is in hands of real criminals. I know an old lady who wanted to set up het own growing place to ad a bit of money to her measly pension (illegally also) but she was kidnapped by the big guys before she had sold any of it. They took her plants and kept her and her dog captive for over a day. So yes, make it entirely legal or just prohibit it totally, but these halfway laws we have make no sense and don't work properly.

Damn !!!! Is she ok now ?

Last edited:
God created the plant.....granted!!!!!

But God didn't tell us to kill the plant and then burn it!!!!!!

I actually enjoy the public smoking ban here in Britain.........It's nice to be able to have the privilege to breathe in pubs, clubs and even shopping centres!!!

Wow many people here have same opinion as me. I MaxJax, I was the only one for supporting it, the other was against, I was almost getting banned wtf.
Anyway I do understand what you're saying. I think it should be legalized. I mean you are not harming peoplel, you are just sitting peacefully and smoking it. I smoke 1-3 times at week and I enjoy it, I don't harm people. I don't smoke tobacco and I dont drink alcohol, cause I know its not good for my body. I dont think you should be high while you're driving.
But people should stop seeing it as a drug, and IF it is a drug, then what? There can maybe be GOOD drugs and BAD drugs.
I wish I had more close friends who smokes it too as me.
Look at Bob Marley, he smoked it too but was he a stupid man?
Cannabis is part of nature, I go for the nature.
I hate people who call me a drug addict or say something against it...
I also heard that medical Marijuana can cure cancer.

See? Just a herb
zv3i1d.jpg

P.s if you don't know
I live in Denmark, and there's a place called Christania... Most of them are outlaw people who are going to Christania. Christania is a very peaceful place where they sell weed, eventhough it's illegal in this country, but Christania is a outlaw place, there are posters of Bob Marley, people are SO NICE in there, and the place is most known for selling weed, even families are visiting here, even families are living there.. The place is a big place of FREEDOM. But hard drugs like heroin or cocaine is illegal in that place... sometimes the police can go into the place and destroy everything for us, just so u know.. But they are kinda getting tired of going in there cause people in there are not giving up for their freedom.
Check that place out.

[youtube]v57JVVD6-ag[/youtube]

Last edited:
I can't think of any reason why pot should be illegal, yet I can think of at least a dozen reasons why it should be legalized.

I think I'll eventually get legalized. It's still a matter of educating people about it.

My stance is:

418465_342102035835158_100001060930367_1049887_1967769174_n.jpg

And since Marijuana is one of them, I'm 100% for it. I think that might be the one thing in the world I actually believe in/care about.

The war against drugs and the subsequent mess Ronald Reagan made (thank god that rotten b--tard is dead) has turned out to be a complete and total failure, and any level-headed veteran cop will tell you how disillusioned they are with the way things turned out. The only thing they've managed to do is make drug cartels rich with the unregulated sale of various drugs--money which could be going into our very own desperately needing government fund via taxes, etc. Perhaps this is the solution to stopping our never-ending spiral of debt. I certainly believe so.

(Aside: Considering the U.S. is among the countries with the harshest drug laws, and is also the number one consumer of illegal drugs, well...that in itself should tell you how wildly successful those drug laws have been. Every drug cartel, regardless of geographic location, knows who their best customer is).

As for the whole "it hurts people's health," well....no s--t. But no one is putting a gun to their heads and forcing them to use drugs. I think, as it is, most people are moderately informed as to what the risks of using a given substance are, and if we were to legalise them, the people who abstain would most probably still choose not to use. However, if we were to legalise drugs, important information (along with dosage suggestions to reduce the chance of overdose) could be given out along with the product (a courtesy drug dealers do not extend) so they cannot possibly claim they were not informed (and if they don't read it, overdose, and die, it would be well-deserved). The way things are, it is exceedingly easy to get drugs [ironically, schools are one of the main places to go for a fix], so I think if drugs were legalised, there would not be a significant rise or decline in drug use and we'd be left with basically the same figures (but that's obviously just speculation on my part, since it has not happened). Legality or lack thereof has proven itself to be an insufficient deterrent, and regardless of what happens, there will ALWAYS be drug use, because there always has been drug use.

The only reason I'm for legalizing is to capitalize off the public need and demand for drugs, and take the profitable trade from the hands of drug cartels, who use the money earned from drug sales to fund prostitution rings, slavery of various sorts, and human trafficking. The government could put the revenue to use for better things [I also think prostitution should be legalised, for the same reason as drugs, and heavily monitored to ensure the prostitutes are disease-free and not underage girls, the latter being a huge issue in the current adult industry].

With that said, I think one should inform himself thoroughly before beginning experimentation with any substance, even for medical reasons. Once all current information regarding risks and benefits (and appropriate dosages) has been read and understood, a decision can be reasonably made. Some of us plainly don't give a flying fig that it hurts our health. We KNOW, perhaps better than non-users, what these things do. We just don't care. :3

It's my body, and my right to put whatever I want in it if I so desire.

Obviously, crimes committed under the influence should be punished for what they are, and public intoxication should not be tolerated. The same disorderly conduct laws we uphold with alcohol intoxication should be put in place. You can get high and stay home, though...not hurting anyone and just having a good time.

Last edited:
Back