Artists/Celebs/People positive comments on MJ

I know, lol. It IS scary how talented Michael is. I mean, it's hard to believe, truth be told. He's got world class talent as a singer, as a dancer, as a song writer, as a performer. I don't know how one person can be that gifted. And someone like Smokey Robinson has worked with some of the most talented people in history, so for him to say it really means something. Same thing for Quincy Jones saying it. Michael's some kind of phenomanon.

Last edited:
bloody hell, daphnieas thank you very much for sharing that. i never knew Farrakhan remarked so deeply and meaningfully on Michael before. the innocence of a child is a powerful thing..

bloody hell, daphnieas thank you very much for sharing that. i never knew Farrakhan remarked so deeply and meaningfully on Michael before. the innocence of a child is a powerful thing..

Tell me about it. I can't possibly find the words to comment on Farrakhan's deep understanding of Michael's and his way of life, considered an obscene, pathological diformity by society, while that Minister likens it to all of those higher, non-mundane forces of inspiration.

Thank you, Daphnieas, that was...too deep, yet real.

Here's ofcourse david beckham on christmas day last year. Presenter: Good answer. We've got another of your music choices now Michael Jackson, PYT, why this track?

Becks: This is one of the tracks that always gets me up dancing. I love this song. I love Michael Jackson anyway. His music is incredible and again the boys love his stuff love the music. This is by far my favorite song from me and Victoria's songs and this is the only song that always really gets me up dancing.

Presenter: Ok so if you want to see David shake his thang this is the thing to do it, Michael Jackson PYT.

Here's more.

super model 'Gisele Bundchen' said MJ is her day of palm tree

Brazil base super model Gisele Bundchen mentioned about Michael Jackson during the interview with Fashion Channel NY for 2008 Ford Fashion Week NY

Gisele : What am I do spent time on my break day? Usually I listen to Michael Jackson's Music like 'In the Closet' or 'Give into me' or 'butterflies' or... oh goshhhhhh I can't pick just some... I love all of his music . He is one of the most natural born talented artist I've ever seen. Michael has revolutioned moves, fashion and images of pop culture, usherd music video ages and many more oh yes he is just like my day of palm tree."

I remember being blown away by her comments at how much knowledge she really had about him and what he means to the industry and i'm sure many guys were wishing they were palm trees right about now. haha

Thanks for posting all these comments
its so nice to read all the kind words people have towards Michael. :)

I remember being blown away by her comments at how much knowledge she really had about him and what he means to the industry and i'm sure many guys were wishing they were palm trees right about now. haha

I know. It was awesome to read what she had to say. It made you feel good that someone so prominent in their own field is aware of and highly appreciates Michael as an artist.

Here's an interview from 2006 of Rozonda Thomas aka 'Chilli' from TLC. CED: So who is Chilly Chill listening to right now?

Chilli: Sean Paul

CED: Oh yeahhh (singing) "I wanna be keepin' you warm I got the right temperature..."

Chilli: (laughing) You are crazy. Umm, oh Jamie Foxx. I haven't picked his up yet, so I gotta go get that. I heard some of his songs before the album came out so, I gotta go pick that up. I think that's about it...OH! Michael Jackson of course!

CED: Of course Michael has to stay in rotation!

Chilli: Everybody know 'bout Michael Jackson! We're going to get married one day! One day! I'm tellin' you! (laughing)

CED: So when you aren't out on the road, and in the studio, what does the future Mrs. Chilli Jackson like to do when she's relaxing?

Chilli: (laughing) I love to cook.
CED: (laughing) Who would you like to work with that you have never worked with before?

Chilli: MJ. Oh man! That's it!

CED: So when y'all do work together it's just going to be over!

Chilli: I don't know...I don't know I'll probably pass out. I don't know if I'll be able to make the whole session. They'll be like, "Chilli's on the floor!" (laughing)

CED: Oh no! (laughing) Well, I gotta tell you that some of these questions came directly from some of your biggest fans from the fansite, CyberTLC...

That was great Vitory, thanks for posting. That was so cool and so cute of Chilli to say, she's got a lot of love for Michael.

It almost sounds like she's serious about the whole marriage thing. Also is it just me or does that woman look like she hasn't aged a bit in the past decade or so cus she still looks the same.

Last edited:
This's what I found from another board:

Elisabeth Taylor: I think he is one of the finest people to hit this planet, and, in my estimation, he is the true King of Pop, Rock and Soul.

Steven Spielberg: Michael Jackson, the star, is a phenomenon. The hat, a single glove, white socks and black loafers. He's mysterious. Theatrical. The consummate performer. From the way he moves, to the Neverland he's created as his home, it's as if he's an illusion.

Ricky Martin: "Woah, talking about Mr. Jackson, all my respect. He definitely has a lot to do with my career. He's the legend; El Maestro, you know? From him, we learn a lot, and definitely he will always be a part of my life."

Rodney Jerkins [On collaborating with Michael on the Invincible album]: "This is a mental challenge for me. Because Michael is so much greater than everybody else. Michael's a workaholic like me. We're in the studio for 24 hours at a time."

Macaulay Culkin: "We're good friends, we talk all the time. I'm his, ah, children's Godfather. His kids are so beautiful. I love them so much. They're so great."
"We had very similar experiences in childhood. We're both going to be 8 years old forever in some place because we never had a chance to be 8 when we actually were."

Stevie Wonder: "Michael's a natural... he's a very hard worker and a super performer. But most of all, he's a real human being."

Lauryn Hill [Denying the existance of a duet called 'This Is Our Time' with Michael and herself]: "I remember when my girlfriend called me up to congratulate me on the duet, and I was like...whaaaaat? I mean, I think if I could choose one person in the industry I'd like to record with it'd be Michael. He is so focused when it comes to what he wants, and who knows...maybe sometime in the future we will work together."

Missy Elliott: "I love Michael Jackson! I used to write him letters when I was little and daydream that he would come to my school and take me out of class."
"I don't look at it as he's not the hottest thing any more - I look at what he's done as a groundbreaking artist who opened a lot of doors for Black acts. Michael Jackson is still amazing to me."

Craig David: "The first record I bought was 'Leave Me Alone' by Michael Jackson. I'm really a huge fan of his. I think I own all of his records. He's one of the reasons I'm here today. His music and artistry had a great impact on me as I was growing up. It made me want to become a performer."

Paul MaCartney: "I didn't get destroyed by [press and fanmania] and neither will Michael. He's very talented. He knows how to make records that people like. But he's a very straightforward kid. He has a great deal of faith. He's got a lot of innocence - he protects that especially. Michael looks at artoons all day and keeps away from drugs. That's how he remains his innocence."

Janet Jackson: "It is impossible to compare us. Michael is a living legend."
"Michael is definitely my biggest influence. I don't think I dance like him though, and if I do to some extent, I can only say that we are brother and sister so the same blood does flow through us, plus we were so close growing up, and we did dance together growing up. But he's an amazing dancer and I don't think I dance anywhere near his ability. He's really an amazing dancer."

Natan Morris of Boyz II Men: "He called us the Kings of Vocals. That was exciting. Mike is cool. He's different. He's been onstage since he was five. He never got to be a child himself. I know people say all kinds of things about his Ferris wheel and all that, but he's just trying to relive his childhood. Being around Mike shows you how much further you have to go."

Santana [Who recorded a guitar solo for Michael's new album Invincible]: "I was very honored that he called on me to work with him and I love the song. He gave me a call last week, and he was really happy with it."

Sisqo: "Michael Jackson is the premise of my whole thing. Artists are afraid to say who their influences are because they fear they'll be put in the shadow of that artist. Not me. When I get an idea from somebody, I straight say, ' I took it from them'."
"Michael Jackson! I'd just love to work with Michael, period. So, Michael, if you're reading this, call me!"
Howie D. of the Backstreet Boys:"...I'm, like, dying, (because) since I was a little kid, I've been dying to meet Michael Jackson... I still haven't met him."

Ginuwine: "Growing up, Michael Jackson was my man. Because he gets up there and give it all. And musically, he challenges himself. I knew that when I got the chance to do this, I would try and do it like that."
Britney Spears [When asked what her favorite album of all time is]: "Thriller by Michael Jackson."

J.C. Chasez of N'sync: "I'd love to work with Michael Jackson. If his new album wasn't done, I'd give him a call right now."

Phil Collins: "The people who don't want anything from him are children. Everyone else wants something. They want to flirt with glory... He's a tabloid victim."

Wyclef Jean: "Michael Jackson is the greatest artist of all. I never enjoyed working with anyone so much as I did with him."

Shane Filan of Westlife: "My whole world changed when Michael Jackson brought out the 'Bad' album when I was eight or nine. He took over my life and from then on I wanted to BE Michael Jackson."

Fred Astair [To Michael after Motown 25]: "You're a hell of a mover! Man, you really put them on their asses last night. You're an angry dancer. I'm the same way. I used to do the same thing with my cane. I watched the special last night; I taped it and I watched it again this morning. You're a hell of a mover."

Barry White: "He's a milestone. A sign of distinction is the most important thing an entertainer, can obtain. It's a person that when he sings, the minute you hear his voice, you know it's him. Michael has that gift."

Mariah Carey: "I recently met the Artist [formerly known as Prince] and we have some musical plans together. I would also like to work with Michael Jackson."

Joanne O'Meara of S Club 7 [Question on who the coolest musician on the planet is]: "Michael Jackson! He's my hero and always have been. I love everything he's ever done!"
Little Richard: "Michael Jackson is the most complete entertainer I've ever met."

R. Kelly: "Why do you think Michael Jackson is still a superstar? Because he keeps searching for new challenges."

Quincy Jones: "Maybe five or eight people have this touch that God put on Michael. Stevie Wonder has it. Barbra Streisand has it. Louie Armstrong has it."

Cleopatra: "Michael is just the greatest. He has given so much to world pop. He's been named the King of Pop. He has acheived so many awards. He has been doing this for so many years and he's still not out of fashion. He's a brilliant dance. He's an excellent singer and song-writer. He's the King of Music. He is so amazing."

Angelina Jolie: "I loved Michael Jackson. I wore the leather jacket and I used to ask if I could go to school wearing studs."

Donell Jones: "My main musical influence is Michael Jackson. I just love him. He brings so much energy and so much feeling into his music. (...) I learned from him and from experience that you have to be patient in this business. I want everything right now, but I know that if you want longevity, you have to be patient. And that's what I strive for: longevity."

Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins of TLC [On asked what her favourite album is]: "Thriller! It gave birth to a true megastar, and nobody has bettered it yet. It's still the biggest-selling album of all time."

En Vogue: "Our major musical influence is undoubtedly Michael Jackson. The man is phenomenal!"

Julio Iglesias, Jr. [On who his musical influence is]: "Michael Jackson".

Christian Ingebritsen of A1 [Christian wrote a song for possible inclusion on Michael's new album]: "I couldn't believe it when I found out Michael Jackson was listening to the song. He's been my hero since I was a kid. It's a dream come true. These things don't happen in real life."
"We can't believe we're going to meet him. He's been my hero since I was a kid, so to meet him will be a dream come true. I'll probably get really nervous. To get a song on his album would be a massive honour." [The song never made it to the final cut]

T-Boz of TLC: "Let me tell you about 'Billie Jean': that was awesome. I actually used to wear a white shirt with a bow tie and my leather pants every day after school. When he took his hat off and slid across the floor in that pose... that's the pose right there."

Quincy Jones: "In the studio, Michael was a hard worker, a really hard worker. He would stand there until he got it right. He likes to perform with the lights out and just a single light on the stand. And he likes to do some of his dances during songs."

Monica: "One of the turning points in my life was the first concert I attended. It was Michael Jackson. I was 7 years old. After seeing such a good show, I had an entirely different interest in the artist and in music."

I love this thread. It warms my heart to read all these nice comments :)
Thanks so much for posting them.

Even though the trial has been over for 2 and a half years but thought i'd put up this quote of alicia keys coming to michael's defense.
''I'm upset at the way he's being treated in the media,'' Keys said. ''I think they're really trying to slander his name, and I really think that's unfair for the way that he's contributed to the American culture since the day he was born. I think he deserves much more than that. This is someone's life, and I don't think he should be reduced to a joke. He's far more than that.''

Last edited:
R.Kelly called Thriller the Greatest Album ever.

Minister Louis Farrakihan said that God runs through MJ and he has a strong spirit in him.

Magic Johnson said that MJ is the king.

Here's more.

okay here it is. Martin Short was the guest host.

Kelly: i remember reading something about Michael Jackson that every time he performed he lost 15 pounds. and i thought 15 pounds, oh my gosh - can you imagine? that's like - that's a significant amount of weight for someone who is like - Michael Jackson's size - very ...........

Martin Short: well he performs very intensely and ultimately he breaks water (laughter)
because he's an intense performer and - you've seen Michael live haven't you?

Kelly: no never seen him live.

Martin Short: you haven't?

Kelly: no

Martin Short: he's actually pretty amazing

Kelly: you've seen him live.......

Martin Short: he "IS" amazing. (he said "IS AMAZING" really intense)

Kelly: what happens?

Martin: it's like he's one of the great -- you know beyond all of the bizarreness of his life - he's one of the great genius performers of all time. i mean i think whether you're a fan of someone or not, if you can see kind of a legendary performer you should take that opportunity to see.

Kelly: yeah, next time.

To backtrack here since so many comments have been posted, Yeah.... she ain't goin. I did see this btw. I remember last year when janet made her first appearance on there when promoting WDIGM she was basically welcomed in open arms by kelly. Sad these double standards never seem to fade.

Kobe Bryant was on 'On-Air With Ryan Seacrest' last week and when ryan asked what his daughter was in to he mentioned that his daughter just got in to michael watching thriller and mentioned she was terrified by the video and also his daughter talked on the phone briefly singing a little of 'smooth criminal' the 'annie are you ok?' part. Here's the link scroll towards close to the end. http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18...g_shows&PCAST_TITLE=On-Air_with_Ryan_Seacrest

Even though not really much of a celeb but when kim kardashian was on TRL last year promoting her E! reality show they showed her ipod playlist and on her top 10 'Scream' was on there and mentioned she loves michael. Another thing I read one time is that she once celebrated her 14th birthday at his ranch and at one time used to date one of tito's sons I think.

Last edited:
bump bump bump!

qoutes from Amy Lee, lead singer of band Evanescence:

Offstage, Lee says she's just a "big nerd," a Michael Jackson fan and an ardent fashion designer...
"I've always been a really big Stevie Wonder fan, and Michael Jackson, too. Even more Michael Jackson. I was a huge Michael Jackson fan, just that he could constantly be so creative and good for so many years, starting when he was a kid. He was just a musical genius."
from: http://www.freewebs.com/amylee305/musicismytherapy.html

"But gosh, I really like Michael Jackson, and always have. Always been a huge Michael Jackson fan from being, like, 9 years old or younger. And I still am. I think he's great. I mean, of course, what he's doing now is very different. But even the albums a lot of people didn't like, I loved. So Michael Jackson all the way." from: http://music.yahoo.com/read/interview/12059397
Latin heartthrob Ricky Martin took away two awards - best dance and best pop - for his hugely popular 'Livin' La Vida Loca'. "I need to thank my teachers", Martin said, accepting the pop award. "I need to thank the legends of pop. I need to thank Elvis, the Beatles, Michael Jackson, Madonna. Thank you so much for being leaders and teaching me the beauty of pop."

Quote from Julio Iglesias, Jr.
When recently asked about his musical influence by Interview Magazine, Spanish singer Julio Iglesias, Jr. answered: "Michael Jackson".

"Michael is a generous, honest, and sensitive human being, filled with amazing insight and the capacity for love. If this is weird, I want to go live on another planet."
Karen Faye

Last edited:
Back