Artists Deaths That Have Touched You The Most

Only Michael.. his death affected me the most. I still can't believe he's gone!

JohnLennon.jpg

:heart:

Well besides M's and deaths that I have no memory of first hand I have to say
1)Freddie mercury,that was so so shocking to me,he was my idol and I loved Queen since I was born.I'm still in denial so I know I'll never recover from M's passing.

2)Syd Barrett and Richard Wright.Pink Floyd mean everything to me,I grew up listening to the dark side of the moon and wish you were here,I felt like the true genius and pillars of music were slowly disappearing just like my childhood memories...sad...

3)Dimebag Darrell founder of Pantera.Even if I was not a big fan this just shocked me,he was killed by a crazy "fan" during a live performance,other 3 pp were shot and died that night.

4)Pavarotti:well enough said.

5)kurt Cobain,he was the first singer who committed suicide i liked and yeah it sucked.

6)Johnny Cash....will never forget his latest video for "hurt"(nin)....and they dare to call taylor sfwift country and give her tons od grammys....w/e

7)Bettie Page,I was shocked to know she existed for real,I thought she existed only in vintage erotica pics or died decades before when she was still young....that was mind blowing!

I know i'm still forgetting someone big....

I was upset when that guy broke in Friar Park and stabbed George and he almost died. Some believe that contributed to his death later, because the cancer had been in control until then. This nut said The Beatles were witches that had to be stopped. I didn't understand how the guy got in anyway, because Friar Park was well guarded. John Lennon just walked around in the open with no bodyguards or security, but George was very reclusive and didn't seek out the limelight.
2953288.jpg

2dj147m.jpg
Those pics are just beautiful. I :heart: the way Michael looks up to George :wub:
Of course I was hurted when George passed... :weeping: but I always had kind of a silly faith in George's strenth and naivly believed that he will go through anything and everything... dunno how to explain it...

Michael and George Harrison. John Lennon's death has touched me and has made me very sad that he is no longer here with us and that he left behind a wife and two sons (ages 17 and 5), even though he died 11 years before I was born. I've always wondered what John and George would be up to nowadays if they were still here on Earth.
It's much easier to imagine George as his passed only few years ago. But John? With his talent and enormous energy...! I am sure that if 8th of December 1980 never happened this world would be a different place now.

6)Johnny Cash....will never forget his latest video for "hurt"(nin)....and they dare to call taylor sfwift country and give her tons od grammys....w/e
this song is just heartbreaking ... it's so beautiful...

Prior to June 25[SUP]th[/SUP] 2009 the two deaths that impacted me the most were Aalyiah's in 2001 and Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes' in 2002. Both of those two girls had created such beautiful songs but their loss was even more heartbreaking because of their youth. It's still awful to think that Aalyiah was only 22 and Lisa didn't even get to be 31. That documentary made before her death is really, really scary in its premonitory theme.

[video=youtube;3NLUthL6-BU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NLUthL6-BU[/video]
Rest in peace Babygirl

Lisa had many gems together with T-Boz and Chilli, but one song from hers that i really love is the collab with Mel C from the Spice Girls

[video=youtube;2nEzfa43VF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nEzfa43VF8&ob=av2n[/video]
Rest in peace Lisa

Another one that hit me really hard was Amy Winehouse's passing last year. I really wonder how the audience at that last concert felt after her death? I wonder if anybody there had any bit of guilt. It is legitimate to expect the best from your favorite artists, but it should also become natural for people to understand artists in particular and public figures in general are imperfect human beings subject to flaw and failures same as everyone else.

[video=youtube;CxYRbzGi8Rg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxYRbzGi8Rg[/video]
Rest in peace Amy

I've always loved the plot of the Space Jam movie with Michael Jordan. I thank the parallel between the all star basketball team forced by them mean aliens to play for their extra terrestrial crowd and artists being 'fed off' by labels to people without any true regard for their rights and well being is not unwarranted.

I think both artists and sports people are our modern-day gladiators, only they are not involved in such bloody battles with such dire consequences, but the pain and the pressures of fame alongside the temptations that come with the turf engulfed many and some people have paid with their lives for it.

Artists may be engaged in a very special form of public service, but they are not our puppets or clowns sent only to entertain us and make us forget the burdens and the struggles of daily life. They are human beings with dignity and with their own problems. They just happen to have more special ways of dealing with their pain and their joy than the rest of us - through artistic expression.

Of course artists are aware of the risks they encounter when exposing themselves to public light and scrutiny and some have to endure extremely painful sacrifices and compromises in order to showcase their talent and have their voice heard by the multitudes.

There are also those who are thrust into the public arena without any wish to be so, simply by association with public figures. I know there are those who seek the limelight, the glitz and the glamour, but there i'm convinced there are also plenty of people like me who see no real 'privilege' in having people know your name. By havin' a bit of access to your thoughts and actions many are led to believe they actually know you and have the right to talk about how beautiful/ugly, smart/dumb, nice/horrible you are. Insert all other pairs of adjectives and issues and/or judgements which can come up...

Whatever the cause or reason for anyone's fame though it doesn't mean such people give up their human rights. That awful scandal last year about abhorrently illegal News Corp practices and the testimonies given in London about people feeling prisoners in their own homes should be an alarm bell for many of us. The ever sceptical creature in me though still has to wonder if this is not yet another lesson we've collectively failed to learn?

Michael's disappearance was quite 'funny' in a way because i took it a lottt better than most people expected, including myself. I had this very strange peace and inner comfort about it. From that very night when things happenned – i even managed to get an hour of sleep which at other times i would have considered impossible given the circumstances. I also had a very clear idea in my mind that i would be of no use to anyone, starting with Michael, if i starved myself to death or drowned in tears. I didn't actually cried that much either. All i knew was that his kids needed prayer and there were people online in a state of dispair.

I must admit i had a bit of shock in the sense that i had certain ideas and expections about the future so i was like: ”wait the minute, what did just happen? Who interrupted the movie? There are all kind of things that are supposed to happen....” I was in fact going to see him two weeks later for that first show at the O2.

On that first day i received condoleances from so many of my friends and family. All those that truly know me are well aware of my love for the man. A couple of dear friends of mine were in Rome at the time and texted me a message telling me how sorry they were, other people called to check up on me, especially my cousin who had introduced me to Michael. June 26[SUP]th[/SUP] really was a surreal day.

On the bus on my way to work people were talkin' about it, sharin' their memories of Michael, folks on the radio were tellin' drivers to blow their horns in his honor all over the country, on the subway there was a strange kind of silence. I remember seeing a girl dressed all in black with a fedora and curls, distraught walkin' on the street and i wanted to go and hug her and give her some words of encouragement, but i was afraid she might be offended or somethin'....But, in spite of it all, i pressed on and never lost sight of what truly mattered.

During one of my many ardous fights with my folks last year they said somethin' really funny to me – what is wrong with you now, you didn't react like this not even when Michael died? They were talkin' about my state of apathy and apparent lazyness related to my private stuff.

They both knew how much i love Michael, but somewhere down inside they wished he were just a teenage phase i long should have overcome, especially now that he is no longer here. My mom asked me last year, what u doin' travelin' all the way to the U.S.? Michael's grave won't move in one other/two years, he'll still be there, you can buy a car with that money. But what mom failed to see was that money really isn't an object when it comes to my love for the man. I had to be there then and i was and i don't regret any single dime i spent.

Now that i think of it, throughout the years my folks have had some interesting comments about Michael. When i first saw him mom was with me and after all of us there in the family (i think granma was also around) saw the Smooth Criminal fragment in Moonwalker mom said something like: “he is cute, but the guy dances more than he sings” lol. Me and mom have quite differing tastes when it comes to men, but Michael seems to be one of the few exceptions, if not the only one where we agree. A few days ago i showed her the photo on my cell phone and she couldn't help but smile. I'm glad to see we both still have the same opinion 20 years later and find him cute and all.

My dad was with me at that one concert i attended long arse time ago and one funny thing he said was during TDCAU and the History 'interruption' when he said that Michael was doin' the military salute with the wrong hand lol. Considering that my dad was an army guy for more than 20 years i'm inclined to trust him, but then again maybe he didn't see right.

During 2005, in one phone conversation i was havin' with mom (i was away for studies and i would talk to my folks daily), towards the end of the trial when Michael was almost gaunt, she was tellin' what dad had been sayin' while watchin' a bit of coverage on national television – it was obvious to him (as it should have been for everybody) that Michael was an innocent man and a victim of a legal and emotional abuse. The lawyer in him knew what he was talkin' about.

After the verdict came, my dad's sister (which also goes by the name of aunt lol) called me and told me that when she heard about the verdict she instantly thought of me. And that is one thing i love – i've been told more than once this, folks around me when they think of me they either think of Michael or the Pope. I couldn't hope to be in any more wonderful company :)

I also remember how patient my folks were every mornin' before i went to school when i would watch Earth Song back in the 8[SUP]th[/SUP] grade in 1996 or how i had them sit down in the living room in 1995 to and translate to them the lyrics to TDCAU to show them how brave and how smart the man was and that he did a lot more than moonwalk, to correct mom's impression from 4 years before lol. They always did appreciate his humanitarian anthems and messages, that's for sure.

Like i told my folks long ago, Michael is one 'phase' i'll never get over and i sure wish they would understand it by now. It's really obvious that if his death did not stop my love for him, nothin' ever will. Even if they may not be willing or ready to accept that, they will have to, one day.......

Here's that TDCAU/HIStory moment dad was talkin' about

[video=youtube;WKb9At59Mb4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKb9At59Mb4[/video]

Oh, and here is the photo on cell my mom admired the other day :D

27023778.jpg

No other artist/celebrity's death has touched me so deeply as Michael's has.

The artist death that I touched the most right about now it's Whitney Houston because she has tech me how to sing when I was very shy little girl. Now she's gone forever she will always been my heart forever. :( I'm still in shocked but hopefuly I've to deal with it.

Although I felt a sadnees over many celebrity deaths none effected me personally except for Michael
becuase I was never endeared to any of them on a personal level. So I didnt feel any personal loss
Just a sadness over thier passing. Michael is the only death that I truly grieved over and still do
becuase I was attched to him on a personal level and loved him dearly. I feel a GREAT personal loss

Nothing has or will compare to losing Michael, I honestly felt like I had lost a family member when he passed, and a part of me died with him, most people don't understand, but I guess you guys will, MJ just felt like so much more than a singer or an entertainer, so much more.

But Whitney did really effect me, I shed tears for her, and I've only been listening to her music since she passed, but I used to listen to her quite a lot before, it was just such a shame especially when it looked like she was getting back into her usual self starring in the movie 'Sparkle' and doing the soundtrack. I was listening to her song I Didn't Know My Own Strength when I heard of the news she had passed, such a meaningful song to me, even though she didn't write it.

I do admit to feeling eerie about Whitney's death, though. That never happened with Amy Winehouse, whom I couldn't care less for, tbh, or any of the others who have died recently. I wouldn't say I'm affected per se, since I've been neutral about her and wouldn't consider myself a fan, but she's been on my mind lately.

The only one that has affected me on a very personal level was Michael's death. Losing him was like losing a family member.

I felt sorry for Freddie Mercury (my second favorite artist) and I'm shocked by Whitney's untimely death. (Also because it brought back memories from when Michael died.) But they are just artists/celebrities to me, whereas Michael was more than that. So it's different.

Only Michael dying has touched me the most, i was absolutely devastated. I still find it hard to believe he's gone, he's been such a huge part of my life as a kid and through my teens, me and my two cousins were obsessed. It was literally like losing a family member, i lost count at the amount of times i cried. The other celebrity deaths have been very sad indeed, but can't say i've cried or felt pain the same way i did with MJ.

And now Prince's death has touched me too as well as Tupac's mom Afeni Shakur who passed away
last night at the age of 69. May she rest in peace.

Had no idea, God rest her strong soul. She raised a great one, in spite of his confessions in Dear Mama. My thoughts go out to Pac's sister now, may she have the strength to carry on and protect his legacy.

George Harrison's death - I and my Mum have been Beatles' fans for long and the news hit us when we were spending holidays at my auntie's house.
Michael's death - for obvious reasons.
Amy Winehouse's death - I've been her fan for almost ten years and she died very young. That summer was too bad.
Václav Havel's death - a respected playwriter as well as a former president. The week following his death was very powerful cause I realised what he meant to my country and how much I loved my country.

Had no idea, God rest her strong soul. She raised a great one, in spite of his confessions in Dear Mama. My thoughts go out to Pac's sister now, may she have the strength to carry on and protect his legacy.

Hi Girl. I tried to add to your reps but it wouldn't let me.
So, I wanted to say thank you for adding to mine.... and you're welcome.... and thanks for your post.

Last edited:
Back