Austin Brown at LA's Wango Tango, Album '85' Premiere

Lol. 2.6 millions curious MJ fans - 2.6 millions = 0

Poor Austin. Without uncle Mike, he would have 0 view :(

:lol:

I look forward to hearing his work with Pharrell Williams.

Lol. 2.6 millions curious MJ fans - 2.6 millions = 0

Poor Austin. Without uncle Mike, he would have 0 view :(

:lol:

Huh..what is your problem...why must you come into this thread just to post bitter ugliness? How childish of you.

Yeah, he has zero talent, it's alllll because he's MJ's nephew, that's why Genevieve is also performing at big music events & is all over the music news media, and her singing has millions of views on youtube..& is working with respected people in the industry & has the Transformers producer wanting to work with her on music videos... :smilerolleyes: sarcasm.

Last edited:
Austin, you talented little thing you! He's been working hard for a long time now, probably for about the last five years or so. I really hope his album gets off the ground, because he deserves to be more well known than he is. I can't wait to hear all the tracks in full!

Cool, but, will those views turn into sells? That's the important thing at the end of the day really. Just watching a video doesn't guarantee success. So I wouldn't get to excited yet...

I hate it when some make a big deal out of any artist of today youtube clips that have millions of views. Yet, they don't or will never sell nearly that much where it counts. Youtube is free so I can watch something a thousand times if I wanted to. Don't mean I will buy it though nor others! lol Just keepin it real!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this lol but i made some custom covers for Austins album (totally guessed on the track list :p). Figured id post em some one if anybody wanted to use them.

Auggie85Front-1.jpg
Auggie85Back-1.jpg

Auggie85FrontALT.jpg

Auggie85BackALT-1.jpg

:)

Austin is gonna perform on Lopez Tonight on July 27.

Rebbie Jackson joins her son @AustinBrown on #GlobalSoulTV yesterday.
2cnulvs.jpg

AustinBrown Austin Brown
Here is the full video in cased you missed it - @AustinBrown on @Ustream ustre.am/:15y9f ! With the @GlobalSoulTV crew
1 hour ago

Is that him and Michael on the back cover there? Michael called him Aggie right? I watched the home videos and someone said that was Austin.

Re: Austin Brown 85 Trailer

He's gonna remain a struggling musician forever, if he doesn't stop jacking swag of other people. There are a dozen MJ wanna be's out there already, I don't think the world is waiting for yet another one. He needs to use that talent he's got to do something of his own, not straight up copy his dead uncle.

And the other MJ wanna be's are much better at it, i.e. Usher, Justin Timberlake, for example. I don't get why the family assumes talent is genetic, passed down like an expensive china set or something. It's not. What about going into other fields not related to entertainment? Jacksons could be doctors, lawyers and teachers if they wanted to or tried.

Michael was one of a kind, not an assembly line product that can be duplicated or mass produced.

Last edited:
And the other MJ wanna be's are much better at it, i.e. Usher, Justin Timberlake, for example. I don't get why the family assumes talent is genetic, passed down like an expensive china set or something. It's not. What about going into other fields not related to entertainment? Jacksons could be doctors, lawyers and teachers if they wanted to or tried.

Michael was one of a kind, not an assembly line product that can be duplicated or mass produced.

Why do you think he's trying to be Michael? And honestly from what I've heard Austin is the most talented out of the second generation so I really don't think all the negativity he's getting is warrented.

From what I heard Blanket may be the most talented... Austin is good, but I wonder how far he will go in this industry. Many are sick & tired of the Jacksons& their antics. There's only so much you can anchor on someone else's success. The fact that it took MJ dying for him to make a bit of wave says a lot. either way, good luck to him. He is smarter than the others..3T, gen etc he deserves some success

Last edited:
Why do you think he's trying to be Michael? And honestly from what I've heard Austin is the most talented out of the second generation so I really don't think all the negativity he's getting is warrented.

He couldn't "be Michael"; that's the problem with some of the Jackson kids, they think they're somehow entitled to use that connection to be noticed instead of making it on their own merit. Jackie's son, Siggy, doesn't put himself out there riding his dad and uncle's coat tails. He's a rap artist/producer, his sound and vibe is completely different from the usual suspect family member and nothing about his professional persona screams, "Look at ME! I'm biting off of my Uncle Mike!"

From what I heard Blanket may be the most talented... Austin is good, but I wonder how far he will go in this industry. Many are sick & tired of the Jacksons& their antics. There's only so much you can anchor on someone else's success. The fact that it took MJ dying for him to make a bit of wave says a lot. either way, good luck to him. He is smarter than the others..3T, gen etc he deserves some success

Actually Austin has had a few songs out there on the internet since about 2007 or so. He's pretty well known in a more underground sense.

I highly doubt people are "supposedly" tired of him when he is working with top producers like Pharell and Rodney Jerkins. You also can't lump all Jackson into one category. Some may be tired of one Jackson or don't wanna work with that particular person but it doesn't applies to all. They main ones I think people wouldn't do business with are Toya, JerMaine and Joe

agree with ya, considering Austin's age he either is or is going to turn 26 during the course of this year, and the fact that we (well at least I and I'm sure others who were around the trial years around 2004/3 was the first time I heard about him, Siggy and Genevieve entering showbiz and becoming ''huge huge stars'') heard of him first almost a decade ago and it still took his uncle's death to get noticed by the mainstream public says a lot. IMHO. I agree that Austin Brown is most talented among all the countless offspring of Michael's siblings.

It's a bit repetitive, but the voice... It's quite uncanny.

I think Austin deserves a chance, and is not profiting from his famous family name. In fact he could have easily called himself Austin Jackson, but doesn't. Props for that.

By using his mothers maiden name the profiting would even more obvious. It's one thing for Rebbie to use Jackson, as she was born as one, a whole other for Austinthough as he wasn't born under the name. It would be same if Lisa Maire's daughter would start to use Presley instead of Keough.

Back