Bad Tour DVD [CLOSED] Cont. discussion in The Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley DVD Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bad Tour DVD (Disscussion Thread)

with regard to the recent sneak peeks from ITV and BTV, there are two things I noticed,

BTV is only 10 seconds longer than the ITV segment, otherwise they show the exact same scene. It is very likely it is just a mere preview copy they got from Sony.

But the other thing I notice is probably not a good sign - both are extremely tight crops. The ITV one was cropped to 16:9 and but shows his legs. BTV one looks like 4:3 (as it should, even with the watermark covering most of the bottom half of the image) but looking at it carefully the sides of the image are still cut off! The ITV is better quality than this and is less cropped from the sides.

Im 99.97 or 99.98% positive the Estate may or may not produce a HQ DVD from what may possibly be or not be the last VHS in existance of the alledged June 16 Wembley stadium concert which may or may not contain the DD or TWYMMF performance... So keep The faith :)

Im 99.97 or 99.98% positive the Estate may or may not produce a HQ DVD from what may possibly be or not be the last VHS in existance of the alledged June 16 Wembley stadium concert which may or may not contain the DD or TWYMMF performance... So keep The faith :)

I am 100% convinced that I might or might not agree with you. :D

I am waiting for Warren Eagles to reply. Man, we're so close to find out the truth!

Last edited:

with regard to the recent sneak peeks from ITV and BTV, there are two things I noticed,

BTV is only 10 seconds longer than the ITV segment, otherwise they show the exact same scene. It is very likely it is just a mere preview copy they got from Sony.

But the other thing I notice is probably not a good sign - both are extremely tight crops. The ITV one was cropped to 16:9 and but shows his legs. BTV one looks like 4:3 (as it should, even with the watermark covering most of the bottom half of the image) but looking at it carefully the sides of the image are still cut off! The ITV is better quality than this and is less cropped from the sides.

Where can I find these clips? Thank you.

MJ Ambassador ?@Qbees
@warreneagles @ballinandy24 The Estate says it only has the VHS it is the only copy Wembley June 16 1988. Do you know where Masters could be

Warren Eagles ?@warreneagles
@Qbees @ballinandy24 No idea, they looked great. Where only SD as it was 25 years ago before HD

I emailed Warren Eagles. This is his reply:

No idea where the reels are.
They were mastered to SD 1" tape.

The single 'Another Part of me" was cut from the Wembley footage.
The VHS will be the video split that went to the stadium screen.
The concert was great so was the doco that went with it. I had a VHS for years cannot find it now:(

I really hope the quality of the final product will be great like warren eagles stated, I am keeping the faith and I can't wait to get the Bad Tour Live in Wembley July 16th 1988 through my letterbox on September 17th as soon as it comes I'm gonna watch it non stop.

Keep the faith.

"But You Got To Keep The Faith
...Gon' Keep It Brother
You Got It
And When You Think Of Trust
Does It Lead You Home
To A Place That You Only Dream Of
When You're All Alone
And You Can Go By Feel
'Stead Of Circumstance"

I really hope the quality of the final product will be great like warren eagles stated, I am keeping the faith and I can't wait to get the Bad Tour Live in Wembley July 16th 1988 through my letterbox on September 17th as soon as it comes I'm gonna watch it non stop.

Keep the faith.

"But You Got To Keep The Faith
...Gon' Keep It Brother
You Got It
And When You Think Of Trust
Does It Lead You Home
To A Place That You Only Dream Of
When You're All Alone
And You Can Go By Feel
'Stead Of Circumstance"

Warren Eagles stated that original mastered SD 1" tape was great, not MJ's personal VHS or the final product.

Warren Eagles stated that original mastered SD 1" tape was great, not MJ's personal VHS or the final product.

I hope that's true!

that so unfair. great concert and docu, the perfect combination for blu-ray.
we should stop with trying to discover more, its make me just sad.

I hope that's true!

But that is not a good news because the Estate don't have that original mastered SD 1" tape. They have 25 years old MJ's personal VHS copy.

Last edited:
"MJJU can now confirm the DVD*of Michael’s legendary July 16, 1988 concert at*Wembley Stadium WILL feature a*Dirty Diana*performance. Many fans suspected the performance was taken out and even Michael himself said it wasn’t in the July 16 show attended by Princess Diana but we’ve been told*on good authority it “is*indeed included in the concert.”

We can also reveal the DVD video and sound quality have been restored to a very high standard… not high-def but a quality much higher than the video teaser released last week to*various*news outlets."

from MJJUnderground.

Just incase anyone's wondering here are the missing songs from the 87 and 88-89 legs.

Bad World Tour 1987:
Things I Do For You
Off The Wall
You Are My Lovely One
Shake Your Body [Down To The Ground]

Bad World Tour 1988-89:

Another Part Of Me
Smooth Criminal
Dirty Diana
The Way You Make Me Feel
Man In The Mirror

Zakk;3648727 said:
"MJJU can now confirm the DVD*of Michael’s legendary July 16, 1988 concert at*Wembley Stadium WILL feature a*Dirty Diana*performance. Many fans suspected the performance was taken out and even Michael himself said it wasn’t in the July 16 show attended by Princess Diana but we’ve been told*on good authority it “is*indeed included in the concert.”

We can also reveal the DVD video and sound quality have been restored to a very high standard… not high-def but a quality much higher than the video teaser released last week to*various*news outlets."

from MJJUnderground.

What about twymmf

Zakk;3648727 said:

from MJJUnderground.

That would mean that they lied in the announcement, because it is impossible to create "very high standard quality" from that personal MJ's VHS that we all saw in the trailer. I hope that that's true, but I highly doubt that they lied to us and that they actually have the original films or master tape.

mjju is ages behind. we know dd was performed, looong before the announcement.
but they should stop giving false hoppe and misleading the fans about the quality. they dont know.

I really hope the DVD will be watchable, even Yokohama bootleg looks better quality so far so I hope it will be watchable.

I think it wil be good. - Hopefully better quality than Yokohama!

but they should stop giving false hoppe and misleading the fans about the quality. they dont know.

Why are you so sure thet couldn't have a contact? I dunno anything about that site so maybe you would care to explain why you don't trust?

I'm keeping the faith in the DVD and will buy it no matter what the quality is like, I hope it will be good quality though :D

I think it wil be good. - Hopefully better quality than Yokohama!

I would be extremly happy with Yokohama quality. In that case I would buy it. But I think it will be a lot worse than Yokohama.

I would be extremly happy with Yokohama quality. In that case I would buy it. But I think it will be a lot worse than Yokohama.

Doesn't this mean ANYTHING to you? I know it makes my concerns softer.

However to me this other guy is a lot more interesting.

He's the Director, Business Affairs at Sony Music Entertainment

Charles Thomson ?@CEThomson
Cautiously optimistic about ?#Bad25?. Been wanting a Bad Tour DVD for many, many years. Hope they get this one right.

Jeff Monachino ?@Chino7671

@CEThomson They have. The concert is not film like the Another Part of Me video but the quality beats anything we've seen or will see.

Charles Thomson ?@CEThomson
@Chino7671 The clips released so far, though, don't look decent quality. They're blurrier than almost any bootleg you can find on YouTube.

@CEThomson I suspect they have nothing to do with the final product. What I saw was not blurry.

"@CEThomson I suspect they have nothing to do with the final product. What I saw was not blurry."

How can you trust this? When SONY put out the trailer. SONY put out a trailer which had nothing to do with the final product?

"@CEThomson I suspect they have nothing to do with the final product. What I saw was not blurry."

How can you trust this? When SONY put out the trailer. SONY put out a trailer which had nothing to do with the final product?

It happens all the time when you release a teaser trailer. Especially in the game industry as the game is normally far from finished at the time in which the announcement is made. The same can be said for This Is It when they had shown unfinished effects and unused footage in the announcement trailer.

Yeah that is weird indeed. But quality can't possible be that bad in the final product. It just CAN'T. If it can then it's beyond my understanding.

I'm gonna wait for Bad25 to come out, I'm not going to watch any trailers or anything because they spoil the experience of seeing something I have never seen before.

It happens all the time when you release a teaser trailer. Especially in the game industry as the game is normally far from finished at the time in which the announcement is made. The same can be said for This Is It when they had shown unfinished effects and unused footage in the announcement trailer.

Agree. Trailer might happen not to show the actual thing. Have you guys forgot about TII? Good I was just reminded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back