Bad Tour DVD [CLOSED] Cont. discussion in The Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley DVD Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bad Tour DVD (Disscussion Thread)

Doesn't this mean ANYTHING to you? I know it makes my concerns softer.

It gives me hope, but it means nothing to me. How can we trust this guy? He can be just another smoothcriminal05 with his "inside news". When I see the official trailer with actual quality that will be released than I'll decide.

It gives me hope, but it means nothing to me. How can we trust this guy? He can be just another smoothcriminal05 with his "inside news". When I see the official trailer with actual quality that will be released than I'll decide.

Given that - according to Ivy - the guy WORKS at SONY, that makes him more credible than smoothcriminal05.

Compare from TII TV Spot to the final thing.

These letterboxed footages were never interlaced in movie -

vlcsnap-2012-05-31-16h00m09s199.png

vlcsnap-2012-05-31-16h00m19s85.png

Letterboxed footage in movie -

vlcsnap-2012-05-31-16h16m48s246.png

Another angle in TV Spot PLUS it is live snippet that has been dubbed over in movie.
Also color is graded differently in final movie. It is more violet in TV Spot. Check jacket. Slight difference but anyway.

vlcsnap-2012-05-31-16h01m31s40.png

Here's the same moment in movie -

vlcsnap-2012-05-31-16h05m01s69.png

And this is to compare color to TV spot snapshot from around the same angle -

vlcsnap-2012-05-31-16h06m45s102.png

I am waiting for Warren Eagles to reply. Man, we're so close to find out the truth!

I emailed Warren Eagles. This is his reply:

No idea where the reels are.
They were mastered to SD 1" tape.

The single 'Another Part of me" was cut from the Wembley footage.
The VHS will be the video split that went to the stadium screen.
The concert was great so was the doco that went with it. I had a VHS for years cannot find it now:(

well I have been saying this from the start, Warren was the colorist that worked on the film 25 years ago. Why did you expect him to know what's going on with the film and what Estate has / doesn't have 25 years later?

Only thing he could confirm - which he already did in his article- was that 2 shows were shot on film.

mjju is ages behind. we know dd was performed, looong before the announcement.
but they should stop giving false hoppe and misleading the fans about the quality. they dont know.

Why are you so sure thet couldn't have a contact? I dunno anything about that site so maybe you would care to explain why you don't trust?

They have a source. They are repeating what they are being told.

"@CEThomson I suspect they have nothing to do with the final product. What I saw was not blurry."

How can you trust this? When SONY put out the trailer. SONY put out a trailer which had nothing to do with the final product?

It happens all the time when you release a teaser trailer. Especially in the game industry as the game is normally far from finished at the time in which the announcement is made. The same can be said for This Is It when they had shown unfinished effects and unused footage in the announcement trailer.

true. remember how they immediately released a 1 minute footage from TII. Plus Sony seems to be real careful about the leaks this time around. They might not be giving out the actual stuff and this is not really promotion / final trailer etc for the DVD IMO. They are just announcing it.

How does she know for sure that he works at Sony?

This is the guy: https://twitter.com/#!/Chino7671

google is your best friend.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jeff-monachino/24/70a/926

Current
Director, Business & Legal Affairs at RCA/JIVE Label Group

(Ivy's note: RCA / JIVE is owned by Sony)

Past
Manager at Sony BMG Custom Marketing Group
Manager at BMG Strategic Marketing Group

Plus he mentions his work on his twitter as well, here are some examples, there are more

Ok. As an employee maybe i can find & share the answer.

Producer, songwriter Jermaine Dupri behind me in the Sony cafeteria. No one can ever accuse Janet Jackson of going after just looks.

I have been told by someone who was actually at the July 16th show that Michael performed Dirty Diana and the way you make me feel on that night, so it's true it will include both songs I think.

IMWhizzle;3648715 said:
I emailed Warren Eagles. This is his reply:

No idea where the reels are.
They were mastered to SD 1" tape.

The single 'Another Part of me" was cut from the Wembley footage.
The VHS will be the video split that went to the stadium screen.
The concert was great so was the doco that went with it. I had a VHS for years cannot find it now:(

So there are original film reels, the reels were transfered on SD 1" tape so there is that tape with original master. And then there is a VHS that went to the stadium screen and that will be "the DVD sourced from Michael Jackson’s personal VHS copy" that we are getting.

It seems to me that the Estate did an amazing job.

OnirMJ;3648808 said:
So there are original film reels, the reels were transfered on SD 1" tape so there is that tape with original master. And then there is a VHS that went to the stadium screen and that will be "the DVD sourced from Michael Jackson’s personal VHS copy" that we are getting.

It seems to me that the Estate did an amazing job.

yeah I agree with you! I can't wait to see the final product.

Wembley Bad Tour '88 DVD Artwork:
mjliveatwembleyde133847.jpg

yeah I agree with you! I can't wait to see the final product.

I was being sarcastic, I don't think they've done good work. They have the worst source. They could have invest more and get rights for film reels or SD 1" tape. And I don't believe either that MJ had personal copy of VHS that went to the stadium screen.

I just hope the quality will be better than what they have shown us so far.

I have been told by someone who was actually at the July 16th show that Michael performed Dirty Diana and the way you make me feel on that night, so it's true it will include both songs I think.

I was thinking the same, why would he "re-add" Dirty Diana en remove twymmf while he (almost) always performed that second (in the second leg) that don't make no sense to me..

How are we all gonna feel if in August we get a trailer showcasing the final remastered version of the Wembley DVD and it looks great
Keep the Faith guys

Heres a better version of the longer snippet (by that I mean its not letterboxed)

@mjjlatvia
that picture needs to be enhanced, ummm sorry, remastered. the contrast is to high :rofl:

Heres a better version of the longer snippet (by that I mean its not letterboxed)

Zoomed or cropped to 16:9 is actually worse. I prefer 4:3 video with black bars on sides.

@mjjlatvia
that picture needs to be enhanced, ummm sorry, remastered. the contrast is to high :rofl:

I did'nt upload it I came across it on youtube I've been working on enchancing the shorter snippet but its taking time

I wonder how many Bad Tour concerts were shot on film? Many I think

I think many many concerts were filmed!

So the masters must be somewhere. - Maybe a basement at Neverland. :lol:

That Warren guy asked "See if you can spot the Paris shots?" .
check the mic. but on one other video it says the black mic is from Rome.
the only other difference i see is his hair and his jacket, but how can i make out from which city it is?
I wanted to post the comparison video of the two APOM versions, but can't find it on YT.

Last edited:

That Warren guy asked "See if you can spot the Paris shots?" .
check the mic. but on one other video it says the black mic is from Rome.
the only other difference i see is his hair, but how can i make out from which city it is?

BTW black mic is also from Wembley July 14. July 15 and 16 are silver mics.

Zoomed or cropped to 16:9 is actually worse. I prefer 4:3 video with black bars on sides.

Agreed. Much better with the black boarders, rather than cutting his legs in order to stretch it!

Agreed. Much better with the black boarders, rather than cutting his legs in order to stretch it!

Also quality gets worse once they crop it or zoom it.

BTW black mic is also from Wembley July 14. July 15 and 16 are silver mics.
Hmm, he said two shows are filmed.

on some shots his jacket is buttoned, so this may be is Paris.

I also hope the final quality will be so much better then what we have seen so far, I'm keeping the faith.

How are we all gonna feel if in August we get a trailer showcasing the final remastered version of the Wembley DVD and it looks great
Keep the Faith guys

His feet are cut off during some of his best moves. and he is smushed _ I want Long beautiful sexi Michael legs.
4:3 is better IMO so as not to distort the footage

That BTV footage I thought was pretty decent, honestly this concert is going to be amazing regardless of quality and that video is far from bad. It's not good or great, but not bad and the audio is what matters most. This DVD is gonna be awesome!

That BTV footage I thought was pretty decent, honestly this concert is going to be amazing regardless of quality and that video is far from bad. It's not good or great, but not bad and the audio is what matters most. This DVD is gonna be awesome!

Not in my opinion....It's a concert...video and audio should be top notch...at least if it's being released officially....If quality didn't matter, then I'd just watch it on Youtube...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back