BAD25 - designated Discussion Thread

Re: Michael Jackson BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For

4x3-vs-16x9-Aspect-Ratio-Monitors-balloon.jpg

This is only a true if the source is 16x9 & you cut it to 4x3. If the recorded source is 4x3 you will have black bars on left & right.

Yup. The extra picture area will become black bars.

There's no problem if the TV is LED/LCD/16:9,etc. just set the f*cking aspect ration on "widescreen" and watch it!

But, the problem is that Michael would look 6 inches shorter and 30 pounds heavier if I set the aspect ratio to widescreen. It essentially stretch the picture - this is exactly what happen when I watch the Dangerous Bucharest DVD.

[youtube]?v=JIbb-l_lXUA[/youtube]
If this is the audio we're getting, I'm going to die. This is too awesome. Too bad it isn't being released on Blu-Ray, but hey - music DVDs can have great audio too!

imagejpeg

Dirty Diana from the Bad Tour Concert in Wembley in 16.07.1988. Listen to the powerful bass, sounds very like James Bond music stylish bass! =D

Goosebumps. I can't wait! :woohoo:

my prayers have been answered

Ok, but all the videos on Dangerous, History 1 & 2, Number Ones are 16:9 without black bars. But on the Vision DVD there are black bars on the same videos. Why? If the original videos were in 4:3 like on the Vision that means that it is possible to convert them to 16:9 like on all those other DVDs.

When a video that was originally shot in 4:3 plays in a widescreen 16:9 format it means the picture has been stretched so that it fills the screen on a widescreen tv, but it affects the aspect ratio.

The 300 dollar jacket is ridiculous though, no way am i gonna pay that for it. But the 3cds and dvd is great, and is Off the wall gonna be on it or not? I hope we'll get to see a tracklist of the cds soon.

The 300 dollar jacket is ridiculous though, no way am i gonna pay that for it. But the 3cds and dvd is great, and is Off the wall gonna be on it or not? I hope we'll get to see a tracklist of the cds soon.

Off The Wall wasn't performed on the second leg, at all...

If Sony is reading, can the video technician use "fading" or "blurring" effect instead of black bars? Visually, it's less suffocating.

Has a picture of that package been posted? I have it and tried to post but not letting me on my phone!

It looks amazing!!! :wild:

If this is the audio we're getting, I'm going to die. This is too awesome. Too bad it isn't being released on Blu-Ray, but hey - music DVDs can have great audio too!

Awesome! But I don't think it's July 16th since TWYMMF was not performed on the 16th.

I realy don't understand people who are frustrated if the picture is 4x3..... which means black bars on your TV screen . . . Come on, you have got black bars for YEARS if you were watching a movie in 16x9 on your 4x3 TV screen in the 80's & 90's . . . .

Wait, I don't get it. Was this an original poster from 1988 signed by Michael? And what is he referring to?

Its an original programme...I think he was referring just to his succession of successes... chart number one's, concerts, you can read it as you like. I just thought the wording felt appropriate right now.

The Deluxe collectors edition can already be pre-ordered???

TWYMMF is from 15th

And if they are smarth enough to put LPCM audio, then dvd can have great audio too.

I realy don't understand people who are frustrated if the picture is 4x3..... which means black bars on your TV screen . . . Come on, you have got black bars for YEARS if you were watching a movie in 16x9 on your 4x3 TV screen in the 80's & 90's . . . .

Yes, but it's not the 80s and 90s anymore ;)

Nathy MJ;3642930 said:
The Deluxe collectors edition can already be pre-ordered???

They can all be pre-ordered.

I just can't decide if that case is worth £100 more than the deluxe

From SonyMusic UK:
Some info re: the single and Pepsi deal are different, and dates are different to the US one. An exciting video teaser will be live on the official website, VEVO etc.. imminently. A 30 sec Wembley clip will be receiving a UK TV exclusive tomorrow morning on Daybreak (ITV1) too. Loads more news and links to pre-order the various versions of the album from UK retailers will follow imminently.
Source: SonyMusic UK - MJJMAGAZINE/MJJWEBSITE.COM

Am I the only one who noticed this in the press release

Bad album has generated over 45 Million units in sales.

the way you make me feel was performed on the July 16th show, so why isn't it on their?

because the vision is widescreen dvd. the dvd was authored in widescreen. meaning the picture is widescreen on all videos. the videos that are 4:3 have black bars on the sides to fill the missing. the same does your tv when you watch 4:3 picture on WS tv.
those who still have old 4:3 tv's need to zoom in, so the blackbars won't be on all 4 sides.
people with ws-tv don't need to do anything.

if some prefer to watch the old 4:3 dvds on ws-tv with streched picture, thats not possible with vision.

I prefer History and Number Ones DVDs.

From SonyMusic UK:
Some info re: the single and Pepsi deal are different, and dates are different to the US one. An exciting video teaser will be live on the official website, VEVO etc.. imminently. A 30 sec Wembley clip will be receiving a UK TV exclusive tomorrow morning on Daybreak (ITV1) too. Loads more news and links to pre-order the various versions of the album from UK retailers will follow imminently.
Source: SonyMusic UK - MJJMAGAZINE/MJJWEBSITE.COM

:clapping::woohoo:

You may call it personaly preference. Vertical black bars give me a squeezing feeling. Like they are squeezing the picture. You know what I mean? Horizontal black bars less so.

In an age where shops only sell HD widescreen TV, it's indeed frustrating not to have contend that can play correctly on a wide-screen TV.

But, again, I understand the limitation and am happy with the DVD.

LastTear;3642934 said:
They can all be pre-ordered.

I just can't decide if that case is worth £100 more than the deluxe

Exactly what I was wondering. It's a great looking item, but for 100 pounds you get a t-shirt, a bad tour programme and a replica ticket, and of course the nice looking case...bit much.

All this talk about picture quality on the DVD, what about sound quality - I hope they put some effort into making it come alive in surround sound.

There was black bars on the top and on the bottom of the screen, but never on the left and right.

Exactly what I was wondering. It's a great looking item, but for 100 pounds you get a t-shirt, a bad tour programme and a replica ticket, and of course the nice looking case...bit much.

All this talk about picture quality on the DVD, what about sound quality - I hope they put some effort into making it come alive in surround sound.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna get that case now...It seems a bit steep for the extras that are included...

I hope the sound quality is as brilliant as possible...

But black bars are better than nothing, that's for sure....If the DVD wasn't coming, we'd be complaining about that....lol...At least we get the big beast of it all :D

Unreleased UNTOUCHED demos, Live CD, Live DVD....

Christmas in September, baby! :wild:

so guys..., can anybody give us a piece of advice how to buy this album or dvd or set so that the sales growth of both counted every single piece/unit... for the charts...

It will be counted as a box set with 3x CD + 1 DVD (3 boxsets =9xCD+3DVD), or as ONE unit?

Since most people seem excited about this announcement, it might be nice to start pushing for a big opening week (and maybe sustaining that momentum for following weeks). I know numbers aren't everything but its still fun to try to set and beat records in honor of Michael :)

Back