Best of Joy - Official Discussion Thread

Re: "Best of Joy" Thread

It's a great song...It's just such a feel good song, and his voice....:girl_in_love:

BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM!!!
His voice is so crisp and clear.
You can instantly tell any song that is written and composed entirely by MJ.

i really like this song..

its hella chill n laid back..

to be honest, it kinda reminds me of a few janet songs..

thats not a bad thing tho..

she makes great music too..

but yea i could easily hear her singing this song..

-Dal

EDIT: it also kinda has a "bee-gees" kinda feel to it imo..

I love it...it has such a happy vibe to it :D

Wow. This song is amazing. Already one of my favorites. It does have that Janet Jackson feel to it.

Michael did say that he and Janet are very much alike when it comes to projects.

I am so grateful for this song... Restores my faith in music, and in the amazing emotion that only Michael and his uniqueness could ever express. Makes me believe that he really is FOREVER!

Thank you Mike for this fabulous song.

I am so grateful for this song... Restores my faith in music, and in the amazing emotion that only Michael and his uniqueness could ever express. Makes me believe that he really is FOREVER!

I agree....You described it perfectly! :)

Best of Joy

Is it just me or does this sound like it was made for Janet? Michael sounds excellent on it, and it's in my top 7 songs from the album but it has that airy playfulness that Janet has in many of her songs.

Just a short thread I thought i'd have everyones opinion on this song :D

Re: Best of Joy

Is it just me or does this sound like it was made for Janet? Michael sounds excellent on it, and it's in my top 7 songs from the album but it has that airy playfulness that Janet has in many of her songs.

Just a short thread I thought i'd have everyones opinion on this song :D

OMG! so happy to hear someone else that thinks this. I thought that right away! Maybe Michael was writing a song for her? But it totally sounds like her style and phrasing :)

This will prob be merged! Maybe try retitiling it and hopefully the Mod's will let it stay since there is another thread about the song somewhere already.

Totally agree with you though!

And I love this song..it's pretty:wub:

I do love the track, and i'm glad Michael's voice was switched on during this recording.

Someone should try and speed the track up and raise the tone a little to see if they can make it sound like Janet. The opposite has been done for years and this actually sounds like a Janet song! haha

I swear I hear Janet at the end.....lol

Thank you:clapping:

I love this song, especially the way he begins it off, it's just so crisp and clear and the BG vocals make it so spectacular and graceful. I really really really really am confused at why Mj kept songs like this locked away... this is just breath taking and he has a wonderful taste in music and classical melodies as to put together songs like this, Little Susie, and his version of smile....

Can anybody explain to me why the song Best of Joy sounds so freaking familiar to me?
When I listen to it and I am like 100% positive that I have heard this one before but I do not remember when. If I ever heard a melody once I never forget it.
My brain and my logic tells me that I never heard this one but when I listen to it I cannot ignore this feeling that I def heard it. I think I am getting crazy? This song really bothers me.:mello: I want the answer lol

Last edited:

"Best Of Joy" does have a familiarity to it, but I think because it's so effortlessly crafted and sung by Michael. It's a brilliant little gem that has a special quality to it that makes it feel in a way that you've heard it before, maybe in some other form. I had the same feeling when I first heard "Speechless". Both are so special and magical. This song makes me tear up, especially the line - "I am Forever".

people, best of joy is said to be one of his last recordings!!! It's not old

Where did you hear that? :wild:

It is a little sad to think that MJ made this only weeks before he passed. :(

Such a wonderful song.

How do you know that? So many are saying that, but whre are you all getting it from?

I transcripted the lyrics from the booklet. :)

Best Of Joy
Written by Michael Jackson
Produced by Theron "Neff-U" Feemster, Michael Jackson
Co-produced by Brad Buker

I am your joy
Your best of joy

I am the moonlight
You are the spring,
our lifes are sacred thing
You know I always will love you

I am forever
I am the one who came
when you fell down
I was the only one around (the only one)
When things would hurt you

I am forever
Wasn't it I who said that you were free?
When living seemed so hard to be
And things would hurt you

I am forever (I am forever)
We are forever (We are forever)

I am your friend
Through thick and thin
We need each other
We'll never part
Our love is from the heart
We never say I don't need you

We are forever
I am the one who said that you were free
When living seemed so hard to be
(the only one)
And nothing would cheer you

I am forever
Wasn't it I who carried you around?
When all the walls came tumbling down

I am forever (I am forever)
We are forever (We are forever)

You are the sun that lights up the sky
When things are shady
Let come what way we do get by
I was the only one around (the only one)

We are forever (I am forever)
We are forever (I am forever)
We are forever
We are forever
We are forever
We are forever

I am forever
I am forever
We are forever
We are forever
I am forever
I am forever

...Best Of Joy is a timeless piece of Michael's personal feelings he wanted to share with each and every one of us. Michael was always grateful for being able to channel such beautiful lyrics and melodies. MJ would say melodies are ancient, they are in the heavens above waiting to be plucked. When the expressed sound of his imagination felt right he would look at me with a calm smile and say, "It's nice isn't it" Michael Jackson's Joy is Forever...

Thanks for the lyrics. The lyrics are so sweet. This is definately gonna become one of those songs I'll end up listening to when ever I am sad....just to make me smile again. It is such a beautiful, sweet, uplifting song. :wub:

This is the best song for me ever made.. Peace directly from heaven!

I agree. It is so easy to just close your eyes and imagine Michael in front of you smiling and just feel loved and peaceful and feel like everything's okay.

The best song on the album.

My opinion as well. :yes:

I guess I could say I feel the love in this song.

Me too. You instantly feel the love when you listen to the song. Just makes me smile and feel all warm and peaceful inside when ever I listen to it. First, because the lyrics are so sweet and uplifting and just what we all need to hear MJ's voice say now...but also because when ever MJ sings "I am forever", I smile and whisper in my mind "I am forever....I will always love you, MJ....I will ALWAYS be your fan....WE are forever....I'll never stop loving you and never stop being your fan. You will ALWAYS be a part of my life...as long as I live...and beyond!!". :wub:

good track, also because he sang it in 2009

How do you all know that?

This was one of the latest songs MJ wrote before he died !

Again, where are you all getting it from? I wanna knoooowwwww.... :) It would be great if it really was true...It would be nice to know that one of the last songs he wrote/recorded was about JOY. He SO deserved to be happy....I wish it's true.

This song sounds like a breakfast commercial.

OUCH!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Okay, that made me laugh because that was so unexpected and random!! :lol: :lol: I don't agree, but it made me laugh because the visual I got was funny!! :lol: :lol: A typical 50's happy family in the kitchen...and the happy, proud mom is pouring a cereal into her child's breakfast bowl while you hear "I am your joy...your best of joy"...:doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I absolutely adore that song and would probably not wanna see it used for a breakfast commercial (or any commercial for that matter)....but anyways, thanks for making me laugh!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You're funny!! :lol: :lol:

Best of Joy is easily my new favorite MJ song. I love everything about that song.

Same here! :clapping:

BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM!!!
His voice is so crisp and clear.
You can instantly tell any song that is written and composed entirely by MJ.

That's the funny thing. Even without knowing who wrote the songs, I always end up loving the songs MJ wrote alone the best. Like when ever he made a new album and I'd listen through all the songs and hen in the end be like "I absolutely LOVE this song...that's the best of them all!!"...and then look at the credits and see "Written by Michael Jackson"...I'm always like "I should have known!!!" :) The BEST songs MJ ever made were always the ones he wrote all by himself. I just wish he would have put more of HIS songs on the albums.

"Best Of Joy" does have a familiarity to it, but I think because it's so effortlessly crafted and sung by Michael. It's a brilliant little gem that has a special quality to it that makes it feel in a way that you've heard it before, maybe in some other form. I had the same feeling when I first heard "Speechless". Both are so special and magical. This song makes me tear up, especially the line - "I am Forever".

I sort of have to agree with you. I didn't think I had heard it before, but I immediately felt "at ease" with the song simply because it was like MJ would have been singing right into my ear....like he would have been next to me or right in front of me. Like I said earlier, if you close your eyes when you listen to the song, it's SO EASY to imagine MJ in front of you, smiling happily (you know that from ear to ear happy grin of his when he was reeeeeaaaallly happy and excited....). I don't know about others but I immediately feel at ease...totally comforted...happy...content...peaceful...like everything's okay...I can't help but to smile and feel the love when I listen to the song. It's like one of those songs you'd sing at an MJ concert or at MJ's hotel with other fans and feel like you are gonna burst from happiness because you feel so loved and so UNITED and like one big happy MJ family...and like I said...like EVERYTHING would be okay. :wub::wub::wub:

Last edited:

Can anybody explain to me why the song Best of Joy sounds so freaking familiar to me?
When I listen to it and I am like 100% positive that I have heard this one before but I do not remember when. If I ever heard a melody once I never forget it.
My brain and my logic tells me that I never heard this one but when I listen to it I cannot ignore this feeling that I def heard it. I think I am getting crazy? This song really bothers me.:mello: I want the answer lol

It really reminds me of Janet's song, "Runaway." :)

^ It was reported in many other news stories as well. Sony Music has been telling journalists when they come to preview the album that Best Of Joy was recorded in 2009 only months before MJ died. These are literally his last vocals on a song. It makes the song even that much more special.

How do they know this? The crew on THIS IS IT confirmed it to Sony because the band rehearsed this song a few times. It was planned to be performed in London.

^ It was reported in many other news stories as well. Sony Music has been telling journalists when they come to preview the album that Best Of Joy was recorded in 2009 only months before MJ died. These are literally his last vocals on a song. It makes the song even that much more special.

How do they know this? The crew on THIS IS IT confirmed it to Sony because the band rehearsed this song a few times. It was planned to be performed in London.

Thanks for this info. Wow it would have been incredible to see and hear Michael sing this song:(

His voice in this song is like a slice of heaven :heart:

The voice is definitely recent... Mike's voice here sounds very similar to the way it did on the live songs on This Is It.

This is def not my case :mello: Parts of the lyrics sound very familiar too, not just the music :mello: It simply weird and impossible and it is against any logic which drives me crazy. I have to "investigate" it now. Once I did it about another song and at least I got some clues.

It really reminds me of Janet's song, "Runaway."

I am not familiar with Janet's music.

Last edited:

This is def not my case :mello: Parts of the lyrics sound very familiar too, not just the music :mello: It simply weird and impossible and it is against any logic which drives me crazy. I have to "investigate" it now. Once I did it about another song and at least I got some clues.

I am not familiar with Janet's music.

Sing it while using shazam or soundhound. It could yield surprising results.

Sing it while using shazam or soundhound. It could yield surprising results.

I heard it the first time today ONCE. And I got this weird impression. I am afraid to listen to it again.:mello: I'll do it later. I do not feel comfortable if something like that would bug me.

My favorite song on th album "Michael" is "Best of Joy",
because it proves, beyond a doubt, that Michael Jackson really is
an Angel sent straight from Heaven. :trytobeangel
"We are, Forever..." Thank you, Archangel, Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
Back