BET Honors Special....MJ to be honored!

I had hoped he would show up.

WHY doesn't he??? - It's a great chance to come back in the public and for some positive stuff too. He misses out way too many chances.

Hope he will be more active to promote the new album when it comes out.

Must have been just a tribute cuz after all this time we'd know if he had turned up I reckon. Cant keep much from us! lol

I guess, as usual we just have to wait and see;), but I think he was there. He is good at keeping secrets if he really wants to!

have BET special honours already been? hmm where can I see the video?

it doesnt air till late february.it was only recorded last night

Michael wants to keep himself minimal right now.. The closer to his album it will get, the HARDER it will be to spot him, find him etc... He does it to come out like 'BAMMMMMMMM'. So everyone is like 'where did that come from?' he wants to shock people.. If he shows up to shows etc. regularly people will get used to seeing him..

He's keeping him from the public on purpose, untill NEW album promotion.

that's cute..... naaaah im not buying the promotions for the new album..... haha but I believe he'll come back as a BAM of course

OF COURSE that's what he's doing... He does it for every album.. I've caught by now.. He ALWAYS does this torcher to us before an album.. The only album he did not do that for was THRILLER, probaly simply because Off the Wall and Thriller were very close in time.. with BAD, he only did a few 'we are the world' promotion stuff at award shows.. disapeared.. then we find out about Captain EO, leading into the BAD era..

then 89,90.. we hear very little from him.. going to a few award shows etc. that's it.. then BAM...

then between 1994 (after allegations) he made a minimal appearances. then in 1995 he shocked us all the the 1995 MTV awards and took over again..

then between end of 99,00, and right before Invincible in 2001.. we saw VERY little of MJ.. then he released his album..

It's something he always does.. Infact, he disapears even more and more with each album... This time we got the WMA, and Access Hollywood special, 2 magazine shoots.. that is the usuall LITTLE things we get in between time..

WE'll HAVE TO WAIT.. I know it's TORCHER FOR US.. AHHHH! But he knows that.. and he knows it will make us even go CRAZIER once he
"BAMS" us.. lol!

OF COURSE that's what he's doing... He does it for every album.. I've caught by now.. He ALWAYS does this torcher to us before an album.. The only album he did not do that for was THRILLER, probaly simply because Off the Wall and Thriller were very close in time.. with BAD, he only did a few 'we are the world' promotion stuff at award shows.. disapeared.. then we find out about Captain EO, leading into the BAD era..

then 89,90.. we hear very little from him.. going to a few award shows etc. that's it.. then BAM...

then between 1994 (after allegations) he made a minimal appearances. then in 1995 he shocked us all the the 1995 MTV awards and took over again..

then between end of 99,00, and right before Invincible in 2001.. we saw VERY little of MJ.. then he released his album..

It's something he always does.. Infact, he disapears even more and more with each album... This time we got the WMA, and Access Hollywood special, 2 magazine shoots.. that is the usuall LITTLE things we get in between time..

WE'll HAVE TO WAIT.. I know it's TORCHER FOR US.. AHHHH! But he knows that.. and he knows it will make us even go CRAZIER once he
"BAMS" us.. lol!

Yeah maybe you're right.

Come to think about it it seems like a very smart thing to do.

It went from Where is he to there he is again - Mike said something like that at the award show where Janet presented him with the living legend award (or what award it was, I'm not sure) So maybe he does it on purpose, which by the way makes me VERY VERY happy. Because then there will NO DOUBT come an album within the next year!!! :)

I really don't think that MJ will miss this one. BET are like Ebony and have always respected MJ so I think whatever its gonna be MJ will defo be there. :yes:

Just found out from my best friend that her company dinner (which she never goes to any of them) was right next to the Warner Theater in DC:rolleyes: Go figure!!

I really don't think that MJ will miss this one. BET are like Ebony and have always respected MJ so I think whatever its gonna be MJ will defo be there. :yes:

and why wouldnt he let us know about it then ? wouldnt he want his fans to go see him if he attended or performed ? i really dont understand why some fans keep saying and wondering whether michael will attend/ perform or not. do u guys really think that sth so HUGE would go unannounced ?

So no MJIC (MJ Internet Community) fans went to the BETS in case MJ was there to support him?

No way in heck am I reading through this entire thread!!

So this awards show happened yesterday (saturday)?? And did MJ attend??

The article begins with the names of all the honorees. Then it ends with a mention that Michael was a "scheduled guest" but pulled out. So it would seem to me that Michael was NOT an honoree.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008-01-13-bet-honors-main_N.htm?csp=34

Michael Jackson was a scheduled guest, but he pulled out of the event. R&B star Ne-Yo wasn't feeling too bad about performing without his idol in the wings. "He has let me know a few times that he appreciates what it is that I do, and that's enough for me."

Thanks

I believe it was an honorary award for thriller or his accomplishments
and he doesnt want to be seen yet .. MJ is holding back untill FEB when
he will come out with a bang .. He knows how to build anticipation and
excitement -He is probably laying low and finiishing up some projects.
Akon said he was working on some project with him and Im sure others
are.

Last edited:
.. He is probably laying low and finiishing up some projects.
Akon said he was working on some project with him and Im sure others are.

yes, I agree. I think, some projects have a high priority for Michael & he cannot deal with any Award Shows.

A good sign for us fans. So, then he takes a lot of time .. for a BANG?!

Last edited:
Back