BET Honors Special....MJ to be honored!

Gawd I hope he does turn up!

I mean its a tribute to ya Mike! Why not go right?
Still.. even if he doesnt go, its nice they will be Michaeling it up that night.

he aint gonna turn up...its so obvious.

his management needs to be changed, they wrecked up at the world music awards in the uk - they need to do better publicity.

yeah ill be surprised if he shows.dont get me started on the wmas lol

There is not one mention of MJ on the BET.com/BET Honors Promo site. I will go back later tonight and see if it has been updated.

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

it happens with MJ. for MJ, overpromotion does not mean oversaturation, as it does with other artists.

This was like a golden chance for him to show up and promote himself and Thriller 25, I take it like he's not interested at all in the whole Thriller 25 thing and that it was just a Sony idea that they got from that reporter on Access Hollywood... :(

But how knows...... right now it feels like everything surrounding MJ sucks, his manager and her staff. Sony has done some things to try to promote this, but it's not gonna work without Michael. So if Michael isn't interested in this i would have hoped that he didn't approve it in the first place. If he's such a perfectionist why put something on the market that you don't believe in yourself?

Holy sh*t, are the fans really going to start complianing about something that hasn't even happened yet? And what's with comparing this to the WMA's? How long's it gonna take for some of you to figure the heck out that Michael never said he was performing on that show, that Raymone Bain denied that he was and still, because ya'll are so desperate, you disregarded both of them and went with what the media was circulating as pure rumor instead. And woop dee doo, Michael still gets blamed, lol.

As far as we know, all we know, is that BET is putting on some sort of special honoring Michael. We don't know if it's the special they're filming today or if it's some other special they're filming later. We don't know whether Michael is going to show up, just as we don't know that he's NOT going to show up. We don't know if he's going to perform, just as we don't know that he's NOT going to perform. Soem already start bagging on him for something that we know nothing about? God damn, the fans...

Last edited:
As far as we know, all we know, is that BET is putting on some sort of special honoring Michael. We don't know if it's the special they're filming today or if it's some other special they're filming later. We don't know whether Michael is going to show up, just as we don't know that he's NOT going to show up. We don't know if he's going to perform, just as we don't know that he's NOT going to perform. Soem already start bagging on him for something that we know nothing about? God damn, the fans...

LOL i think we'd know it already if he was gonna show up let alone perform :lol: dont u thing thats pretty huge to go unannounced ?

Holy sh*t, are the fans really going to start complianing about something that hasn't even happened yet? And what's with comparing this to the WMA's? How long's it gonna take for some of you to figure the heck out that Michael never said he was performing on that show, that Raymone Bain denied that he was and still, because ya'll are so desperate, you disregarded both of them and went with what the media was circulating as pure rumor instead. A woop dee doo, Michael still gets blamed, lol.

I guess you're right. But IF Michael (or his manager) let this chance go by, then it's clearly that he just doesn’t care about this over hyped Thriller re-release. Nothing bad about that, he never cared about The Essential Michael Jackson, The Ultimate Collection or Visionary either.

Let's hope that he is focused on the new album instead :D If he skips a Thriller honour to record something new then I can fully understand him, that is the smartest thing to do. :)

Yeah, that is true. We should just wait though. We aren't even sure if this special being filmed today is THE special being talked about with regards to Michael. After all, Michael isn't even mentioned on their web site right now. I think they'd mention him at least.

Where did the possibilty of MJ performing came from? All we know is that he is being honored, it will be taped, the show will be held in Washington D.C., and the other people that will be there.

Let's not put his management in this because for all we know, they might not know what is going on. This is BET that we are talking about here. Sometimes, they make mistakes.

Last edited:
Please, MJ's management team doesn't seem know what they are doing half of the time. This would not be the first time they make a bad decision for Michael... even if it's not their fault this time I think we've had enough bad decisions for just aliiiiittle complaining. Anyone remembering WMA? I'm not talking about the fact that he didn't perform. I'm talking about the fact that no one denied that he was going to perform even when it was everywhere in the media. Michael had to do it HIMSELF just hours before the show... that's crappy management....

Last edited:
The rumor of Mike performing actually came because someone said usually when you get a BET Honor, you perform there too. But from the BET thing and MJ's Sony site saying he'll be honored, NO ONE really knows what's going on, lol.

I'm glad about this.. Michael needs AS MUCH good publicity before his comeback.. these specials are good ways for people to welcome MJ before his comeback, instead of welcoming him AFTER they hear his music and see what he got..

Lately, Michael has been a sucker for surprises:p Let's wait for when he pulls that appearance out his sleeve, shall we?

I'm confused - when is this? And how much are tickets as I can't see the prices on the website and WHERE is it held in America.... lolz I want to go :lol:

Last edited:
It was filmed on the Sat 12th Jan (yesterdayif ya from UK)

So whatever happened has been filmed

The rumor of Mike performing actually came because someone said usually when you get a BET Honor, you perform there too. But from the BET thing and MJ's Sony site saying he'll be honored, NO ONE really knows what's going on, lol.

Yeah, but sometimes the honoree does perform, I'm not for sure if Mike will perform or not because lately he's been turning "performances" down lol, it would Wonderful if he decided to do so this time :). Usually at these events a select of artist gets on the stage and performs the artist (Honeree MJ) songs, similar to a tribute. That's basically what the BET Honors is about. :)

Last edited:

EXACTLY.. !!!

some took a speculation and ran with...

If the Sony MJ site says Mj is gonna be honored in a special with Thriller being highlighted, then there must be some truth to that or else they would'nt have posted said info. Its possible this could be another special or indeed he's at this special that's being taped and we just don't know yet.....remember Mike does'nt do red carpets really.

Lets just wait and see what happens with this.

Back