Beyonce Slams the Jackson Family

i heard from a real reliable source that someone once badmouthed Michael in front of Janet, and she punched that someone in the mouth.

so..uhm..Beyonce..uhm..lol

well then Bey better watch out.. LMAO Janet might punch Bey in the mouth. That would be hilarious to see! She deserves it if she did in fact talk crap about the Jacksons.

That was just her Sasha Fierce personality talking! lol

I really think you have to read the whole article to get the gist of it. It sounds kind of bad alone, but if you read it all-she sounds like she was lucky that she didn't have it bad (she was very sheltered). I think it is just worded wrong.

So if she makes a statement like that and it is blown up in the headlines; shouldn't we expect it when one of the Jacksons make a strange comment also???? The media will bring everyone up just to bring them back down.

Take it with a grain of salt. WE ALL ARE TOO QUICK TO JUDGE.

i heard from a real reliable source that someone once badmouthed Michael in front of Janet, and she punched that someone in the mouth.

so..uhm..Beyonce..uhm..lol

lol would love to see janet do that lol

I think you're all taking this comment way out of context. I don't believe that Beyonce was slaming the Jacksons at all. I think what she was trying to say was that everyone was assuming her family was like the Jackson family because, as she said "We're African-American and we work together as a family." She was saying that her family were rather wealthy and well off, where as the Jacksons were struggling financially and were living in a bad neighbourhood. Her parents never felt the need to push her like Joseph pushed his sons. Joe had the boys working in strip clubs for crying out loud, Michael was six years old, it was obvious that he was desperate.

I just don't understand what the problem is... It's not like she said she was better then the Jackson family, she simply said that she was better off... there's a big difference.

Basically.

I honesty have a problem with it because I don't hear nobody comparing the Jacksons to the knowles, in the first place. so really it was uncessary to bring up the Jacksons. I hear the Jacksons being compared more to the waynes, and Osmonds alot if anything if anything.

Yeah that comment was uncalled for, But I do think it's being blown out of proportion. IMO.

yea i kinda agree. i think she just meant that she wasnt pushed to be doing what shes doing as in her father was fine and already had money so doing music is just because she loves it, whereas tjoe saw the boys as his way out of gary. i think she cudda picked a better example and choice of words but hey. her father probably lied and cheated his way 2 get that jag and get her n2 private scholl anyway lol

Wow, look at you all bashing Beyoncé. She is a huge fan of both Michael and Janet, and the comment was blown wayyy out of proportion.

Beyoncé was just making a point. And she has a point, her upbringing was very different from Michael and Janet's. Beyoncé had pretty much all she wanted where as Michael and Janet were from a large family that was not very rich, and had to think twice before spending their hard-earned cash. This, of course, changed when the Jackson 5 was born ;)

Also, I don't know if any of you have heard Janet's song "You Need Me" ? It very much confirms what Beyoncé said about being used to get out of a bad situation. Of course I am talking about Joseph, not Katherine (bless her). Here are the lyrics & youtube clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRBkf-TwMLU

"As a child I missed a lot of love I never had
And daddy he was distant
Never there to hold my hand
Never bought the things he'd always promise to give me
Mother made up for him always watching over me
Days would go by and we would never see his face
In my mind I'd wonder "Does he have another place?"
If and when he'd come in he would always be upset
All the kids were scared
his looks would alone be a threat

Now that you are older and you begin to see
Family's important to be there if you need
Father never taught us these things mom said to me
Now the table's turned so tell me you need me

Tell me
Tell me
Tell me
Just to me
You need me

Daddy daddy dearest, what is it you want from me (tell me)
I won't turn my back on you the way you did with me
Now you're trying to give, and always reaching out to grab
I'll give you what I can but I can't give what I don't have
Mother lends a shoulder, to cry on if you need

But are you there for mother when she needs your company?
Father never taught us, these things mom said to me
Now the table's turned so tell me you need me

Tell me.
Tell me
Tell me

Say you need me

If we realized we need each other
We would be a closer family
I need you, yeah, I need you, and you know that
Say you need me

Repeat chorus

Say you need me
Just you wait
You'll need me
(how'd that groove go? hey!)"

Last edited:
Well I still don't like her lol. I don't care what anyone says either, I still think she was wrong for what she said and she should have shown some more respect and class.

If Michael or any of The Jacksons had ever talked about how they grew up "upper class" (eventhough we all know they didn't but just for arguments sake, lets say they did) I would have found the comment to be just as tacky. Beyonce is a bird brain basically . In every interview I've seen of hers i've been shocked at how uneducated and inarticulate she seemed. Apparently growing up "Upper class" and going to private school didn't do much for her as far as education and intelligence goes. Poor girl lol.

there are a hundred million ways we can conclude this thing about how a family was raised.

but right now..last i heard...MJ and Janet do not regret having Joseph for a father.

and people are fans of people all the time...doesn't stop them from foot in mouth disease here and there.

whether or not BEyonce said these things...whatever painful moments may have happened during family times, here... one of two things needs to be addressed. one is, we'll always have to watch our backs with the media..or...Beyonce can find a better way to address the media, or choose her words. we'll also have to wait and see whether it's tabloid trash whether or not Janet, herself, is mad at Beyonce, because it was mentioned that that is so, as well.

I think the comment was blown out of proportion too. Beyonce is a big MJ supporter. In the past she has only spoken positively of the Jacksons including Michael in interviews. Perhaps she did not mean this in a negative way but just meant that her upbringing was different then Michaels.

I heard about this alleged bashing of the Jackson family by Beyonce. I prefer to give her the benefit of the doubt and have her explain if she even made such derogatory comments towards the Jacksons. Beyonce has been a huge fan of the Jacksons, especially Michael, and I can't imagine her making such an insensitive comment. If what she said is true, then Beyonce basically killed her career. The last person in the music biz to trash MJ was Eminem. Where is he now? Get the point? Good!

Regardless of whether the statement was on mark or not, it was still in extremely poor taste. The Jacksons have worked very hard to get where they are, and Beyonce was sort of thrown into the limelight as a 'marketed act'; she was successful before she was successful, in other words. The Jacksons, on the other hand, had to prove themselves for years before they were successful. It's not the same thing.

If I was Janet, I would be upset, too. It's like Beyonce saying that she doesn't respect how much hard work that Janet and her family have put in to get where they are, and that she's better than them because she was rich and they were poor. I imagine that it was really tough living like that, they probably all want to forget about it. The Jacksons have never disrespected another artist.

Last edited:
Maybee Thiis Is Just Tabloid Junk
Remember What Theyy Saiid That Michael Said Wich Arnt True
So Maybee Thiis Is Just One Of Them . . . .
x

I'd be the first to say Beyonce is overrated in a minute and the comments she made were out of line BUT alot of ya'll are pushing the issue TO TO far and wasting to much time on it.

Yeah, she just needs to address it better or at least someone print the WHOLE article and then we can see if that was a diss or not. It's looking LESS like a diss to me and more like a "I wasn't raised in poverty" situation. That line does seem out of whack too. Damn, Bee. :lol:

I still don't understand how this comment is rude. Like I said before, Beyonce was saying that her family were better off than the Jacksons, she never said she was better than them. I'm not even a fan of Beyonce, but come on... you guys are all overeacting!

I just think it was bad wording from Beyonce. I don't think she meant it as the Jackson's are low class or gutter rats, I think she meant it as, unlike the Jacksons, she wasn't pushed in to show business as a means of escaping a hard exsistence, whereas the Jacksons obviously were trying to get out of town. I don't see what the big fuss is, honestly. Just awkward working from Beyonce. It pissed me off more when Michael was arrested and they ran up to Beyonce and asked her what she thought and she copt out and said "No comment".

If she dares to give Michael another damn awards im gonna blow up this time! LOL!

From one side its like "Oh my god, don't get me started, i've been a Michael Jackson since i was a baby..."

"If it weren't for Michael Jackson i wouldn't be doing what i'm doing today"

"Michael i love you, we all love you!!"

And now this....ugh...i hope Michael says something. Just to make Beyonce embrassed.

She dreams to be half as successful and talented as any of the Jacksons.

She didn't say anything bad about MJ himself. She commented on Joe and Katherine using the kids, not the kids themselves. It has nothing to do with her opinion of Michael.

yes mystic but still
she ahd no right to talk like that bout mike's parents whatsoever
that si just not on!

I knew this would happen...

If you sit and mull something over and over looking for something good out of it because you want to find something good then you say things like...

She didn't mean it...

Her words were taken out of context...

She's a fan of Michael's and Janet's...

It's unbelievable because it was put in the ENQUIRER...

etc., etc., etc. ...

Firstly, everyone who doesn't want to believe that she said it or didn't mean any harm by it...you are saying this on a Michael Jackson Fan Site.

Secondly, the fact that she is SUPPOSED to be such a good fan...means absolutely nothing. She wanted and still wants all the accolades and rewards that Michael and Janet has.

When you want something that someone else already has there's always something buried underneath it...like wanting to top them and push them aside. In my opinion, saying you are a FAN, but all the while thinking negative thoughts about the person proves you are nothing but a HYPOCRITE. A FAKE AZZ BITCH.

If you say something about somebody's parents, you are then saying something about them. How can it be separated?

Michael, Janet, Jermaine and the rest of the siblings are all "Jacksons".

What it boils down to is the disconnect of her brain cells from her common sense.

No matter how much money she has in the bank, (as E! recently listed her as having the most money in a couple) she will never take the place of Janet nor Michael. (Maybe she thinks she will with all her lame commercials and lame movie roles).

She wants it so badly, she can taste it. It ain't gonna happen.

I've voiced my opinion and this is it for me. I don't care nothing about her. This isn't her FAN WEBSITE, it's Michael's and to me she is the ENEMY, TO HELL WITH HER.

If you don't like my opinion...COOL. I won't lose any sleep over it.

I knew this would happen...

If you sit and mull something over and over looking for something good out of it because you want to find something good then you say things like...

She didn't mean it...

Her words were taken out of context...

She's a fan of Michael's and Janet's...

It's unbelievable because it was put in the ENQUIRER...

etc., etc., etc. ...

Firstly, everyone who doesn't want to believe that she said it or didn't mean any harm by it...you are saying this on a Michael Jackson Fan Site.

Secondly, the fact that she is SUPPOSED to be such a good fan...means absolutely nothing. She wanted and still wants all the accolades and rewards that Michael and Janet has.

When you want something that someone else already has there's always something buried underneath it...like wanting to top them and push them aside. In my opinion, saying you are a FAN, but all the while thinking negative thoughts about the person proves you are nothing but a HYPOCRITE. A FAKE AZZ BITCH.

If you say something about somebody's parents, you are then saying something about them. How can it be separated?

Michael, Janet, Jermaine and the rest of the siblings are all "Jacksons".

What it boils down to is the disconnect of her brain cells from her common sense.

No matter how much money she has in the bank, (as E! recently listed her as having the most money in a couple) she will never take the place of Janet nor Michael. (Maybe she thinks she will with all her lame commercials and lame movie roles).

She wants it so badly, she can taste it. It ain't gonna happen.

I've voiced my opinion and this is it for me. I don't care nothing about her. This isn't her FAN WEBSITE, it's Michael's and to me she is the ENEMY, TO HELL WITH HER.

If you don't like my opinion...COOL. I won't lose any sleep over it.

:cheers:WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clapping:

i totally agree with what u said bout: If you say something about somebody's parents, you are then saying something about them. How can it be separated?

you were spot on right there!

She didn't say anything bad about MJ himself. She commented on Joe and Katherine using the kids, not the kids themselves. It has nothing to do with her opinion of Michael.

"...assume we're like the Jacksons.."

That's everyone all the way from Mr. Joe Jackson to Janet...

There is nothing wrong with the comment at all. Joe Jackson used his children to get out of the steel mills and Gary. It's been documented. Michael Jackson himself has said that Joe beat the living crap out of them when they would make simple mistakes. Nine kids in a two bedroom house. MICHAEL HAS SAID THIS. All Beyonce is saying is because her family is black and she came up with a managerial dad, they compared her upbringing to the Jacksons. She's saying her dad didn't have to work in poor conditions and beat them to success. She was basically defending her father, who has been accused of being less that nice in music circles. How this turned into a Beyonce vs Janet thing is ridiculous.

havnt bothered with this thread cause not realy fussed about it. but was that it? i mean the comment. big deal. some are acting like she called mj a u know what. joseph did live his dreams through his kids and knew that succeding with them would get them out of a bad situation

havnt bothered with this thread cause not realy fussed about it. but was that it? i mean the comment. big deal. some are acting like she called mj a u know what. joseph did live his dreams through his kids and knew that succeding with them would get them out of a bad situation

True but he also wanted the best for his children, not just for his own gain...which is what the word "using" gives the impression off. He meant well.

I just think it was bad wording from Beyonce. I don't think she meant it as the Jackson's are low class or gutter rats, I think she meant it as, unlike the Jacksons, she wasn't pushed in to show business as a means of escaping a hard exsistence, whereas the Jacksons obviously were trying to get out of town. I don't see what the big fuss is, honestly. Just awkward working from Beyonce. It pissed me off more when Michael was arrested and they ran up to Beyonce and asked her what she thought and she copt out and said "No comment".

Very True. Same here.

My thing is this ...
whether it was taken out of bad context or not I honestly believe Beyonce was not trying to be negative with the comment BUT the comment is condesending and like some of said in the past she has used the Jacksons as a scapegoat and as an example. There not even compared so why mention them? I feel the same way BUT at the same token Im not tripping about it. Especially since what she said CAN'T be changed.

Its okay to express how you feel but to stay on a topic like this? Who cares what she said or how she said it? It doesn't need the mass attention that it has gotten.

Back