Book about Michael & his fans -"It's all about L.O.V.E." - Out now!

• Thread starter *Completly dry*
  • Start date
Re: Book about Michael & his fans

I have never been so proud of any one book as I am of this one written and composed by fans themselves.

I received my book yesterday afternoon. I got off the computer and couldn't wait to just breeze through it, look at the photos and see who were the contributing fans other than myself.

It's an amazing piece of work that was so well chosen and put together. It gives a "non" Jackson fan a brief insight of what it means to be a Jackson fan, what fans go through to meet this wonderful person, and what hardships along the way, not to mention disappointments they face. One can feel the excitement of each fan as you read their compelling stories and what it was like to meet Michael. A man who has given us all so much.

There was parts that I could relate to, like not wanting to push Michael into signing or doing anything that could seem rude. How the love and respect for him was felt across the board. The love is definitely there for Michael. For most the meetings and sharing memories with Michael were pure luck and a blessing. If anything I think these memories and compelling stories should help the newer generation of Jackson fans to better understand what Michael Jackson was about, why his fans protected him so much and why the Jackson fans are considered the best fans of all.

Well done, a thick book that is worth the money and a wonderful read. :clapping: Congrats to Shawn & Adora Henning and of course the fans who contributed
wow your review really brought me in tears :):angel:

One question - Any idea why it's so much money? :unsure: :scratch:
No worries, though. As soon as I have the money I'm buying it, regardless, but I was just wondering. :flowers:

I want to ask one question, If I order book from amazon.de it will be in English or not?

Will definitely be purchasing this book in the not too distant future. Its wonderful to have something just filled from cover to cover with love.

Wow how great!! *excited* I would love a copy. Will it be on eBay at all? I'm sure there's a market there. I personally don't use amazon as we don't have our own in Australia but hopefully I can get a copy sometime. Thank you so much for doing this for Michael and I hope his Family love reading it too. :heart:

I received this book this morning, and its a really great read. As a very definite mj fan (of only 36 years plus and counting), but one who never had the opportunity to see him (let alone meet him) this book is full of well written and involving memories which really bring you into fan's experiences in a very immediate and engaging way. The book is extremely well produced and laid out (quite densely printed but a clear and easy-to-read typeface), with plenty of photos. (The photo printing quality is a bit variable on occasion...a very small proportion are a little dark and hard to see* , but the range of pictures is very wide, and you can appreciate that some were probably taken very quickly 'under pressure' in typical mj crowd situations. *This in no way detracts from the book.)
In addition to memories there are poems and pictures of artwork. There are also some MJ quotes from interviews at the back.
I suspect that even for the 'been everywhere, done everything, seen it all' fan that this is an extremely good value book at the price, just for the memories.

Many congratulations (and thanks) to everyone who contributed and put this together, I am really enjoying this read, and will try to ration myself to a couple of episodes per day so as not to get through it too quickly ( it is very tempting to read from cover to cover at one sitting).

If only I could turn back the clock, how I wish that I could have been at even one or two of the occasions described. (Memo to self, never again put off until tomorrow what you can do today.)

Last edited:
I think this book is too expensive for fans. Agnes, you are one of the writers there, right? Any idea why so expensive? It would have been nice to be free or little money as a gift of love to fans.

I think this book is too expensive for fans. Agnes, you are one of the writers there, right? Any idea why so expensive? It would have been nice to be free or little money as a gift of love to fans.

hi,
no, i am not. I just sent one story to the book :)

Unfortunately the publishing house is not full of MJ fans so they won't do the printing for free as a gift! ;D
No, honestly, unfortunately there are high fixed costs for the printing of each book. As this is a special interest book so that no huge amount of books are printed, the printing is expensive. To be exact, from the 29.95€, ~27.50€ are going directly to the publisher! We have no control about that price whatsoever! We also have no control over the printing and prices of different distributers in other countries. We have tried to keep the price as low as possible, beared all the expenses for the book ourselves and we will not make a penny of the revenues (~2.50€ per book) as they will be going to Make-a-wish in Michael's name. We have asked the publisher to bring down the price, especially as we are doing this for charity, but they wouldn't do it. So regrettably we cannot do more. :(
You can also find information about this on the website mjjbook.com. As all of us MJ fans have been ripped off again and again and again in recent years and there consequently is a problem of trust, we tried to be as open about the pricing and everything surrounding the book as we could.
Hope that helps. :)

How refreshing to have a book like this for a change!! I think about getting it too! :)

Thanks to those who made it happen.
It's expensive but I'll buy it. It's better to buy one expensive book where we can read about real Michael than two cheaper books full of lies.

I just received my copy yesterday :)
The stories are really heart warming and touch my heart
Michael was so amazing and he loved his fan dearly as
they loved him _ well he Loved us MOST I cant deny that.

Thank you for making such a book. I have received it and read some chapers and I just don't at it to end. I really love it and I hope many, many people will read it.

I hope it will be released vol. 2 and 3 and so on, because I think out there, are many MJ fans who have their stories, and have been around MJ, and to his concerts... AND WOULD BE GREAT To read many, many stories.
I love the book IT's so amazing, sometimes it's too much 4 me.

I would like to thank all of you who made this possible, THE BEST BOOK EVER!

I received my copy of this book today and I have to say it is AMAZING. Wow. Thank you so much for putting it together and to all of you who shared stories and pics. I highly recommend this book! I know it's expensive, but believe me, it's worth it. Not like I've read the whole thing yet, but a few stories and I've looked through all the photos. It's all so touching. I think it will take some time to read, because of thoughtful pauses that turn to tears. The relationship between us and Michael was and will always be BEAUTIFUL. :heart: L.O.V.E.

Sounds interesting. I may order a copy soon. :) I thought it was going to be $100 or something the way some people were talking. lol Unfortunately, I never got a chance to meet or see Michael here on Earth. I love reading fan encounters though, so I look forward to this one. Congratulations Agnes, and any other MJJC members who were included. :)

I just read some of the excerpts on the site. Just those little snippets brought tears to my eyes. :(

Last edited:
Guys, I have two wonderful news for you!

First of all, we can proudly announce a Russian version of "It's all about L.O.V.E."! We have to thank Vera and some of her fellow Russian MJ fans for the hard work translating all the 444 pages and ENAS for the publication.
Russian fans can order the book here:
http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/5618375

This is what it looks like:

bookrussian.jpg

Secondly, we have now donated the revenues of this year's book sales in the name of all the authors! We are truly thrilled that all together 4548,92 € could be given to Make-a-wish! Thank you to everyone supporting this project and keep spreading the news so that maybe next year we can donate a similar amount!

This is the confirmation:

maw.JPG

*Completly dry*;3143249 said:
Guys, I have two wonderful news for you!

First of all, we can proudly announce a Russian version of "It's all about L.O.V.E."! We have to thank Vera and some of her fellow Russian MJ fans for the hard work translating all the 444 pages and ENAS for the publication.
Russian fans can order the book here:
http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/5618375

This is what it looks like:

bookrussian.jpg

Secondly, we have now donated the revenues of this year's book sales in the name of all the authors! We are truly thrilled that all together 4548,92 € could be given to Make-a-wish! Thank you to everyone supporting this project and keep spreading the news so that maybe next year we can donate a similar amount!

This is the confirmation:

maw.JPG

:wild: :wild: :wild:

Very cool! :clapping: :punk: And I loved that cover! Beautiful! :wub:

Back