Books you love or books you are reading now.

Your Inner Fish by Neil Shubin: http://www.amazon.com/Your-Inner-Fish-Journey-3-5-Billion-Year/dp/0375424474

your20inner20fish.jpg

This is the NEW book I'm reading... What 'attracted' me in this book was first the 'exquisite' lay out of the book and then the 'story' intrigued me...

newbook.jpg

All females I know are reading or finished reading the Fifty Shades trilogy. I have seen women openly reading the books in the train several times. :lol:

Despite the repetitive writing style, I'm hooked. :fear:

Well, then I'm NOT part of 'all the females' I guess :beee:

I was 'intrigued' you know and then I heard all these 'comments' BLAH... Not my kind of stuff... :puke:

I almost finish reading Peter Pan :p because I suspended for reading Carrie, The Green Mile by Stephen King and God Is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens, those 3 were good books though, the SK ones are much better than their movies as usual.

Right now, actually im reading Moonwalk for the umteenth time... i figured it had been a while and just fancied giving it another read. But just before i was reading Africa, the book that goes along with the David Attenborough series thats been on UK tv. I love Africa, and its the one place i want to visit the most, very interesting book.
Other books i love are the Harry Potter series and books about reptiles and amphibians... i read more non fiction books than fiction

I got Moloka'i by Alan Brennart going on my Kindle right now. It's a depressing story, but well written. It's set in the late 1800s-early 1900s in Hawaii about a girl who gets leprosy and so she's separated from her family and sent to the island of Moloka'i with the other lepers. And that really did happen back then btw. So the story's fictional, but based on true facts. So yeah, it's very sad, but also good.

I've just finished reading David Mitchell's "The Thousand Autums of Jacob de Zoet". Like all of his books I've read so far, this one was a page turner as well. It has history mixed with fiction, it has love, drama and intrigue. I must say that David Mitchell can be quite a ventriloquist. And, taking into account that he is a stammerer, that makes him even more unique.

I received two books yesterday. I chose to read "Making Jack Falcone: An Undercover FBI Agent Takes Down a Mafia Family" by Joaquin "Jack" Garcia and Michael Levin first.

6a00d83453155c69e20120a66cef57970b-800wi

When i'm done i'll read "American Desperado: My Life--From Mafia Soldier to Cocaine Cowboy to Secret Government Asset" by Jon Roberts and Evan Wright.

9780307450432_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

I'm currently reading this book :blush:

aspergirls_zpsf318cc95.jpg

It's wonderfully written and has real 'useful' tips in it :clapping:

I know the following book by :heart:
Silly me :cheeky: It's mine :cheeky: Just published today :wild:

frontcoverScaredAlone_zps4494047c.jpg

I just finished "The Wind Through the Keyhole" Dark Tower: 4.5 by Stephen King and am now rereading Everything's Eventual a collection of his short stories

Currrently reading the life of Marilyn Manson. Ha, dont ask. Wondered how he became what he is today.
Havent really enjoyed reading it, but still curious.

Currently a little more than halfway through A Game Of Thrones (ASOIAF book 1), having started reading it after becoming a fan of the show. I love it so far, reading upwards of 75-100 pages a day (usually my average is about twenty ppd) so I should be done with it fairly quickly despite it being over 800 pages long. Although I was a little disappointed that one of my favorite lines from the show--"The next time you raise a hand to me will be the last time you have hands"--is, apparently, not in the book (since Dany says it to her brother, and I just finished the chapter where her brother is... let's say "crowned"); at least, I was looking for it but didn't see it. Unless she says it to someone else in the book, later on.

Right now re-reading Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express for the 3rd or 4th time.

I just finished this AWESOME book "Turf" by John Lucas :wub: It's his 'debut' and OMJ what kind of one hey :clap:

It's in the same style that I write :cheeky:
ONE main character that leads you through the book and you can read all his thoughts and turmoil... I do love how the climax is written too... NOT too shocking but it 'simmers' on...

I've been hooked on this book for the last weeks and it has kept me sweet for hours...
I'm a really 'picky' reader so if I say this book deserves a 5 star Plus must mean that it really left a mark on my soul... I was so 'blown away' reading the last pages but also sad when I closed the book...
Wants me to re read it again... It's a library book but I'm so gonna 'order' that book. It deserves to live in my 'library' :bow:

TurfLucas_zpsaae2a0c8.jpg

Currently reading Michael Jackson Conspiracy by Aphrodite Jones & have so far read through about 80 pages! But from what I've read, even though I'd read it before online, it's truly a GREAT book!!! ;)

Currently reading Man In The Music: The Creative Life And Work Of Michael Jackson by Joe Vogel. I'm only in the middle of Chapter 2 ("Thriller") but it's quite fascinating. (He liked the band Radiohead! :D )

Last book I read before this one was called The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In A Ship Of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente and it was amazing. New favorite book, actually. If you like Oz/Wonderland give this a whirl. It also reminds me a little bit of The Phantom Tollbooth, at least the bits and pieces of that book I remember from reading it once, over twenty years ago (and I keep meaning to buy that one, actually, but I just keep putting it off).

I'm reading a lot of Shakespeare right now, as it is part of my university course. Something completely different from what I usually read. It's really worth a try.

I'm currently reading "Coach: A Pat Burns Story", I'm on Chapter 6, that was after during his first coaching season with Montreal Canadiens.

Back