"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BREAKING NEWS Countdown and Reactions thread! All discussion in here. [Merged]

When the accusations from the family first surfaced I was like "there's no way they're right"... then I heard the track and I gotta say, it's tough to know for sure.

Who knows Michael's voice better than his own children? His own sisters and brothers? His own Mother? What do they stand to gain by lying? They make money if Sony makes money... why not just shut up and let it be?

That said, Idon't think Teddy's lying. I think he believes that it's really Michael. Perhaps it is and he just added too many effects.

You know, if you Autotuned MJs voice it probably wouldn't sound as much like him as it once did... they really should just keep stuff raw like on the ultimate collection.

Re: BREAKING NEWS Countdown and Reactions thread! All discussion in here. [Merged]

Can someone pm me the acapella please?

*edit*

Please do not post the Acapella. It is against the rules.

I fear that if there is a scandal about this in the media then a lot of people here are feeding it, the overeaction and outright statements that it is definately not Michael is music to some of the networks ears, will be hearing what has been said on here back to us on the news and in the papers in the coming days.

OK, I just listened to the acapella in my headphones, turned up, and it sounds like MJ to me. I am not an expert over some other fans especially, but I hear what I hear.

I'm going to listen to it again.

Teddy Riley said that he mixed "Breaking News" because it was previously UNRELEASABLE - but wasn't it reported that MJ recorded and COMPLETED a FULL album of 12 tracks with the Cascio's? How can a completed song(s) require such a major overhaul??

Agreed!

Re: Do You Believe Breaking News is an authentic MJ track

lead vocals not MJ. thats 1000% clear.
awooohs are taken from Escape and other songs.
backing vocal sound alot like him.

either half recorded song with added lead vocals by the Malachi guy. Or MJ had nothing to do with that song. the heeehs and awooow are MJs and some true MJ elemets are definitely mixed in.
You know there is supposed to be to be some song called "what is to be me" or something like that. Maybe that song was not finished and they made "breaking news" out of it. cause they thought it would be cool promo.

talking about Shout and 2000watts. It you change the pitch of 2000watts you get Michaels voice just like it always was. Just like they did on 30th anniversary to sound more deep and different, then the album recordings.
After 22 years you get sense of how his voice is, can and no matter how altered, you always can recognize it.
If you have a doubt, then it's not him.
I never had strange feeling on 2000watts, Shout ot any other strange soundig song.

BUt all these Malachi songs, that surfaced the light, the bells were always ringing.

Sony knows shit. they think they can fools us. they problably never knew that all those Malachi songs were fast proven as not Michael Jacksons.

And small indicator of been fake is , that it won't be official single.
Where to put my signature on this comment? ?pplause!

You know, if you Autotuned MJs voice it probably wouldn't sound as much like him as it once did... they really should just keep stuff raw like on the ultimate collection.

Sounds just like Malichi. Always interesting being an MJ fan :) . I'm looking forward to hearing the album.

Guys please, I know some of you want to believe it's Michael, but it's plain to see that it isn't. That's the job of an impersonator - to do such a good job of mimicking his voice that it sounds believable, but as a whole you can tell deep in your heart that it isn't our Michael.

Even the parts that people are pointing out to be really him singing don't sound entirely convincing to my ears.

Well Ive calmed down a little and listen again and I will say
I think the last minute of the song has MJ vocals in the chorus (sigh)
but they are masked heavily_ Still NOT exceptable as MJ song

Jason's vibrato is VERY rough like someone patting you on the back
ah ah ah ah MJs vibrato is SMOOTH . Ahahahah (dont know how to explain)
but Thats why I believe its is not MJ singing lead but most likely Jason
or someone who sound like Jason, ALso the dialect and pronouciation of
lyrics it not the same as MJ .. Song is weak vocals but the music is strong
MJ would have had a CRESENDO finish and strong adlibs as always _ Its was
just not there _ JUst a tiny Sample of MJ chorus at end that sounds beautiful -
but not enough to promote the song as a Michael SONG

Sounds just like Malichi. Always interesting being an MJ fan :) . I'm looking forward to hearing the album.

The way you wrote Malachi - Malichi.Reminds me of leeches - SONY!

Just heard the acapella of Breaking News, without no doubt it is Michael, its just heavily layered and mixed. Even Riley said the vocals were unacceptable to be released as they are, they've worked on then a lot. It reminds me of Real Love from The Beatles, heavily 'retouched'

Just search you tube - Acapella - Breaking News

i am going to agree with u.

I've changed my mind, I think this very well might really be Michael.

The acapella version really REALLY sounds like him.

I think the whole song is built around a badly recorded demo, which featured very little of MJ actually singing. They played around with it, looped a lot of the vocals, added a lot of backing vocals and fancy production and voila.

The real question is, is it really right to take a bad quality demo and try to transform it into something which ends up sounding completely unrecognisable from it's original form?

Either way, I think it IS Michael's vocals on this. I know many fans hate Sony, but lets be reasonable about this, they are a huge international giant. They wouldn't be stupid enough to release a song that was actually an imposter. The legal repercussions would be catastrophic.

man i've changed my mind a hundred times today.
listening now and on headphones i'm convinced its mostly mj.
when he does that gruff voice, there's no one else that sounds like that.
every time there's the "fall in love" bit, that typical mj. the heeheees and owws sound like him.
listen to the first verse..that snarling voice just like the verses of 'why u wanna trip on me'
the 'love' bit at the 'turn ur back on love' bit
the 'breaking the news' repetition bits like at the very end are accented and strong mj style.
the improvisation bits are typical mj...nah..it has to b him.at least most of the time.
nope. i'm convinced

I believe it's a mix of both. It's MJ's vocals with someone else's mixed in who "filled" in the unfinished parts imo. I'm just not convinced that it's 100% MJ.

People, you are just use to Michael Jackson singing all his own background vocals on another tract
and combining all the tracks later.
Obviously, he could not on "Breaking News".
There are voices other than Michael on the song
from "background singers"

This is not Michael Jackson! Sony and the Estate must get aware of this pathetic situation...! I hope this (and other possible fake-tracks) will be removed from the album before it's released...!

he real question is, is it really right to take a bad quality demo and try to transform it into something which ends up sounding completely unrecognisable from it's original form?
well we dont really know what there is interms of finished or good quality material. maybe this sort of thing is all that was left and it needs to be transformed

Teddy Riley said that he mixed "Breaking News" because it was previously UNRELEASABLE - but wasn't it reported that MJ recorded and COMPLETED a FULL album of 12 tracks with the Cascio's? How can a completed song(s) require such a major overhaul??
cause the reports were wrong? when does mj truely finish any song unless its actually on something that is about to get released.

anyone want to pm me a link to the accapella

I can't find the acapella...

Could someone please send me this?

It's him...Everyone listen to 2000 Watts and Shout right now. Seriously, those songs don't sound like him, but they are. Sony would NOT pay 250 Million to use fake vocals, they are a business, they want to make money and they would not make decisions to lose money.
yeah real mj with too much autotune it sounds just like 2000 watts and shout

It's seem the acapella version is not available anymore on Youtube. Can anyone give me a link ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back