Chris Brown biting Mike's style, & poses on cover of Men's Health

yes he's the ONLY guy who does MJ moves at EVERY SINGLE one of his concerts earthly. Exactly. He needs to develop his own thing...instead of riding MJ's tail. It's good to be inspired and pay tribute...but geez. lol

I'm not saying he's dumb or anything like that. BUt MJ even said himself these cats need to be more original lol

this guy idolizes michael, i don't see anything wrong with it because he gives props to michael!

OK, nothing wrong with idolizing Michael, but this kid is just taking it TOO FAR! I mean everything he does is Michael-related!!! The tributes, the videos, the dressing, the dancing...I wish he would just be himself...he's quite charming.

He just cut the crap and become an MJ impersonator. He'd actually be really good at that IMO.

bwahahaha!!!

To a certain point, I also think it's cool for him to do stuff like this,but he kinda overdoes it.I mean,lately we see more of Michael in him than his own personality.He has to find his own style and try and create something new,if he really wants to be "in the same lane" as Michael.Just my opinion. :)

Totally agree.

as they say, imitation is the best form of flattery but i think chris brown is overdoing it. i also think he needs to have his own identity and not just be in the shadow of michael. his success will be sweeter if he stops being a michael jackson clone. besides, the TRUE KING IS BACK. pretenders will just have to move aside

Yup!

But, in Chris's defense...he did start out with his own unique little style...but I think once he met Michael, a year into his career or something, he got star struck and now he wants to be just like his idol. lol

Michael Jackson is a viros. That is why people get such extreme reaction when they have to let him go. Once bitten twice smitten.

This is about Chris Brown, not MJ. Please do not use the MJ GD thread for other artists. Thread moved.

He just cut the crap and become an MJ impersonator. He'd actually be really good at that IMO.

Oh he already is. The only difference is, he gets payed mega bucks for it. It's one thing to take elements from another performer and incorporate them into something that is distinctive of you, but to take an entire style...

This kid... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Great love to see him give props to Michael
Michael is also impressed with Chris .. No
Harm done it a great honor for Michael and
Chris coulnt find a better person to Imulate
Its good publicity for Michael and for chris
A win win situation as far as I can see
No harm in it .. its all about the love ..
I like Chris Brown -
Exactly what i was thinking. That's good to see him showing his love and respect for Michael! His younger fans will get to know MJ through him.
I hope he can one day achieve the same level of success as Michael, he's still young anyway, he still has the time to develop and find his own identity.

Chris Brown annoys the hell out of me. Not only because he imitates Michael, but he can't sing to save his life, and his songs aren't all that great, either.

Last edited:
ugh once or twice is alright but imitating him ALL THE TIME?
I like Chris Brown but now i've just lost a lot of respect for him as an artist.
he's in no way original. he wont be able to have the same success as mike if he doesn't change. Michael was inspired from others but became completely original which is why he reached the level of stardom that he has. Chris Brown will just be known as the kid that idolizes mike and copies his every move which is sad because i think he has talent.

Took the words right out of my mouth....

No offence, we know already the boy is "THE MJ impersonater" it doesn't make sence to me to post every little thing Chris does. Its ALWAYS MJ related. Its never going to change and whining about it isn't going to change anything. Its tiring and annoying, we know the dude is a MJ impersonater. We don't have to keep bitchin about him biting MJ's style. WE KNOW HE DOES, whats new?

Last edited:
Michael worked hard to become who he is. Chris Brown shld do the same. He may be a good copycat to some but he is just that...a copycat

The public already knows that Michael was the first to do all of this stuff.....and I take it as a great compliment when celebs pay tribute to him in this way. The first thing a person is going to think about when they see this is "Michael Jackson". There's no need to take offense when younger artists are inspired by him. This is done all the time in the history of the arts. Painters copied other painters, actors copied other actor's styles...etc. This is really no different.

this guy idolizes michael, i don't see anything wrong with it because he gives props to michael!

Exactly.

Ooooh boy I can see clearly where this thread is going.
EDIT: Oops it's already there, I guess I'll just leave then. :)

Last edited:
OK I really like that Mike is his idol,but if he doesn't get his style asap, he is going DOWN. He is nothing but a copycat, really (moves,videos,and now posing...come on!)

i like CB and i think its cool that he is inspired by MJ and that he does tributes and all that

but he doesnt have to do it all of the time

i think its okay
theres nothing wrong with him doing all this so called copying...atleast he doesn't deny it right?
theres a lot of artists out there who implement a bit of MJ in their music but never admit it

i think its okay
theres nothing wrong with him doing all this so called copying...atleast he doesn't deny it right?
theres a lot of artists out there who implement a bit of MJ in their music but never admit it

yeah Justin timberlake comes to mind there

*sigh* yeah...i'm kinda getting tired of his music already....

:wub: Michael's music is timeless

Lol, Chris is funny :lol:

As a MJ fan, I find his huuuuuuuge fandom and respect really sweet ^_^ But, if I am to see him as an individual artist, he should try to be a bit more original :)

He's a nice kid anyway ^_^

he's great, he promote michael and respect him. not many artist do the same thing...

I think its rather ridiculous how some fans think just cause an artist likes Michael Jackson and wears a hat means that they are trying to become him. Hes just paying tribute. There is a difference. When he starts wearing a glove and creates a Neverland then u can say hes trying to be like him and it will be justified.

Can we find someone else to hate on instead of someone like Chris who sees Michael as his idol? Wow, first Usher now this. LAME

Once again the fans are bashing other artists. Chris Brown may overdo at times but he's only 18 or around that age. He's very young and still looking for his image. He's been able to sync MJ's dancing into his own and he's very modern with his dancing. I enjoy his video clips and at least he's trying to do something good. And he's putting some dance storylines into video clips, it's been a long time coming.

^ damn, 5 excellent points in a row guys. i agree.

VIBE's comments on this issue were on point, i believe.

props to him that he loves mj but he really needs to try and get his own style if he actually wants to make a real career for himself.

Back