Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

I'm so sorry to hear that. I know how it feels like to have not only some of them awful days when everything that can go wrong, does but weeks and even months on end, but you must remember that God is always on your side, come what may.

You'll be in prayers. Keep the faith and stay strong. Whatever problems might be weighting down on you they shall pass, you have to believe it. No suffering is neither without a purpose nor an ending. God bless you.

Here are some beautiful products from one of my favorites sites http://www.dayspring.com/. They are wonderful reminders of God's grace and love for us all. I actually have a Welcome sign made of recycled wood with the same Joshua 24:15 quote As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. I got it a few years ago from them, among many other things.

yhst-93128105900816_2123_27011578

yhst9312810590081621203.jpg

yhst9312810590081621166.jpg

yhst9312810590081621205.jpg

yhst9312810590081621201.jpg

yhst9312810590081621201.jpg

yhst-93128105900816_2123_33897231.jpg

yhst-93128105900816_2123_33853328.jpg

lovecomesfromgod.png

This is a beautiful post and so are the pictures. I needed to read your post just just like the person you posted it to. Thank you.

This is a beautiful post and so are the pictures. I needed to read your post just just like the person you posted it to. Thank you.

Michelle, it brings me joy to know i could help in any way :)

I think the most important things in life are the need to love and to be loved, to praise God and to serve those most in need. All else - careers, knowledge, material possessions - is mere illusion, all in the enemy´s game to distract us from what truly matters in life by seeking the temporary and the shallow. If during any given day i managed to do either or more of those three things, than i can rest my head at night knowing that i haven´t been a total waste of breath.

We all have tough times we go through, no matter the exact circumstances. At times even, it all seems so overwhelming that we have the feeling we can´t take it any more, it all seems too much for one single person to bear. But we don´t know our limits until we reach them and many times they are much further away than we ever thought possible.

Jesus has warned us - He didn´t promise us a carefree life, He told us we would suffer in the world, because we don´t belong to it, but He also reassured us that no matter what came our way, no matter how deep our sorrow or the struggle we are facing, He is always by our side and therefore we should fear no one and nothing.

So i say to you, Michelle, to HumbleHeart and anyone else going through a rough time now - trust the Lord with all your heart and soul. Although you may not see the road ahead because of your tears and your pain, He is working on your triumph.

trust1.jpg

Beautiful posts Shabuya. I tried to rep you but i can't yet.

Does anyone know what's up with Earth_Song. I just got back from a ban. Is she okay?

I prayed for you last night and I will tonight. Even though we don't know each other well, I want to believe that we are sisters and brothers in Jesus name. ^-^

"If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who deal likewise with their fellow men." - St. Francis of Assisi

04_09_260_Francis_of_Assisi_enh_500.jpg
saint-francis-305x394.jpg

The Peace Prayer

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is error, the truth;
Where there is doubt, the faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

Saint Francis’ Prayer Before the Crucifix

Most High, glorious God,
enlighten the darkness of my heart and give me
true faith, certain hope, and perfect charity,
sense and knowledge, Lord, that I may carry out
Your holy and true command. Amen.

Saint Francis teach us to see the Lord's love and mercy in every corner of creation, to know Him and to love Him as intensely as you have.

His most perfect, most wonderful will be done. San Francesco, prega per noi.

Darth Sidious;3000616 said:
Beautiful posts Shabuya. I tried to rep you but i can't yet.

Does anyone know what's up with Earth_Song. I just got back from a ban. Is she okay?

DS thanks for that. You shouldn't have bothered though. It ain't like i'm doin' it for the rep points. Hope all is well with you now.

I don't know about Earth_Song, hopefully she is ok, probably busy with the Carol Burnett board she is managing.

Re: Saint Francis of Assisi - October 4th

DS thanks for that. You shouldn't have bothered though. It ain't like i'm doin' it for the rep points. Hope all is well with you now.

I don't know about Earth_Song, hopefully she is ok, probably busy with the Carol Burnett board she is managing.
You're welcome.:)

Oh, thanks for the info, didn't know she was doing that; i hope she finds time to drop by here some time.

THANK YOU LORD for your protection today. Your Mercy is far too great for such an awful sinner as me. I love you. Thank You.

Some of my Christian friends think I'm idolizing Michael instead of Jesus...

I bet you know your own heart better than your friends. As long as you realize Michael was nothing more and certainly nothing less than a wonderful human being, you should be alright.

THANK YOU LORD for your protection today. Your Mercy is far too great for such an awful sinner as me. I love you. Thank You.

I bet you know your own heart better than your friends. As long as you realize Michael was nothing more and certainly nothing less than a wonderful human being, you should be alright.

Thanks Shabuya :)

Hi everyone.
I know I dont normally post in this thread, but just wanted to say Hi, :yes:
I do love Jesus. I was baptised with total immersion baptism when I was 21 yrs old. That's going back a few years! :doh:
Here's some acronyms to encourage you all.

Faith- Forsaking All I Trust Him.:wub:
Fear- False Evidence Appearing Real. :yes:

God has been so merciful to me, and I am indebted to Him.
I DO love Him, just finding my way back through the brambles.

Blessings and love to all in this thread.

Hello Billie_Jean09! Nice acronyms there. :)

I've been kinda busy lately. Premier of "Ten Commandments" on Wednesday. Horror play... wow.

Hi everyone.
I know I dont normally post in this thread, but just wanted to say Hi, :yes:
I do love Jesus. I was baptised with total immersion baptism when I was 21 yrs old. That's going back a few years! :doh:
Here's some acronyms to encourage you all.

Faith- Forsaking All I Trust Him.:wub:
Fear- False Evidence Appearing Real. :yes:

God has been so merciful to me, and I am indebted to Him.
I DO love Him, just finding my way back through the brambles.

Blessings and love to all in this thread.

Great acronyms, welcome to the thread.:)

I just had a very traumatic night. Please pray for me that I can overcome this. If you would like more info, feel free to PM me.

I'll pray for you. Hope you can stop thinking of it and overcome.

Jesus taught us not to hate anyone, however, after reading threads about Ophra I feel so bad inside.
She has helped many people and a successful woman.. but that doesn't mean she has the right to
bash Michael like this... I know she was abused when she was a child,, but that still doesn't mean she has to do this on Michael and us........ I'd like to pray for her. She may not change,, but I want to try.....

Last edited:

I'll pray too. You can PM me Jaye if you feel like you want to tell it to someone.

We were talking about love and hate of God last evening in youth evening. It was quite interesting. I pray for Oprah, I believe that that's the right thing to do. And I think also that Michael would pray too...

Quite good premier on Wednesday. Two shows tonight. :)

Hi everyone, especially Darth Sidious! I am doing good, thanks. Just very busy with work, and running a Carol Burnett site.

Was so happy to see that this thread is still going on, and that's thanks to you all.

I hope to pop in more often as time allows.

God bless.

Sanctam crucem Tua

2006_holy_cross_of_new_advent.jpg

Thy will be done.

adoramustechristepic.jpg

Adoramus Te Christe,
et benedicimus Tibi.
Quia per sanctam crucem Tuam
redemisti mundum.

exaltationofcrosspainting.jpg

Saint Helen, pray for us.

Jaye, you're in my prayers.

Evilman - i hope all your shows went well.

Earth_Song - nice to see you back. :) You started this blessed thread. We are in your debt. Thank you, from the heart.

Romans 14:13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another.

Amen.

Earlier this evening, as i was listening to some wonderful Christmas music, this incredible piece came from another M.Jackson :) Nope, not our boy Mike, but rather the amazing Mahalia Jackson - another extraordinary voice and talent. God rest her soul.

Jesus IS with us, every single one of us, when we need Him most.

God bless you everyone.

God bless all of you.

@Shabuya - Thanks for that song!

Not Seeing, Yet Believing His Invisible Presence

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bible Verses ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John 20:29 Jesus said to him, Because you have seen Me, you
have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and have
believed.
1Pet 1:8 Whom having not seen, you love; into whom though
not seeing Him at present, yet believing, you exult with
joy that is unspeakable and full of glory,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Words of Ministry ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Lord not only appeared to deal with the unbelief of
Thomas but also to train the disciples to believe without
seeing. The Lord was training them to practice His invisible
presence. Because the Lord's presence in resurrection today
is not a visible presence but rather an invisible presence,
we must believe without seeing. If we expect to see before we
believe, we are wrong. We must practice believing without
seeing because the Lord's presence now is not like it was
when He was in the flesh. That was His visible presence. Now
that His presence is invisible, we must exercise our faith to
realize it. Although we cannot see Him, we have the assurance
that He is with us.

Before His death, the Lord's presence was visible in the
flesh. After His resurrection, the Lord's presence is
invisible in the Spirit. His manifestations or appearings
after His resurrection were to train the disciples to
realize, to enjoy, and to practice His invisible presence,
which is more available, prevailing, precious, rich, and real
than His visible presence. This dear presence of His is just
the Spirit in His resurrection whom He has breathed into the
disciples and who will be with them all the time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bible verses are taken from the Recovery Version of the Bible
and Words of Ministry from Witness Lee, Life-Study of
John, pp. 569-570. Both are published by Living Stream
Ministry, Anaheim, CA. (Repeat 4/3/97)

Please visit us at www.emanna.com
Comments to: comment@emanna.com.

Last edited:

Please... pray for my aunt... she passed away today, and pray for my uncle and cousin, they have strong faith but they have gone through so much in their lives... Thanks and God bless you.

Please... pray for my aunt... she passed away today, and pray for my uncle and cousin, they have strong faith but they have gone through so much in their lives... Thanks and God bless you.

Fondero, i'm very sorry to hear about your aunt's passing. May she rest in peace and may the good Lord grant your uncle and cousin all the strength they need during these trying times. I'll be praying for them.

Dios os bendiga a todos.

@Shabuya - Thanks for that song!

Not Seeing, Yet Believing His Invisible Presence

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bible Verses ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John 20:29 Jesus said to him, Because you have seen Me, you
have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and have
believed.
1Pet 1:8 Whom having not seen, you love; into whom though
not seeing Him at present, yet believing, you exult with
joy that is unspeakable and full of glory,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Words of Ministry ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Lord not only appeared to deal with the unbelief of
Thomas but also to train the disciples to believe without
seeing. The Lord was training them to practice His invisible
presence. Because the Lord's presence in resurrection today
is not a visible presence but rather an invisible presence,
we must believe without seeing. If we expect to see before we
believe, we are wrong. We must practice believing without
seeing because the Lord's presence now is not like it was
when He was in the flesh. That was His visible presence. Now
that His presence is invisible, we must exercise our faith to
realize it. Although we cannot see Him, we have the assurance
that He is with us.

Before His death, the Lord's presence was visible in the
flesh. After His resurrection, the Lord's presence is
invisible in the Spirit. His manifestations or appearings
after His resurrection were to train the disciples to
realize, to enjoy, and to practice His invisible presence,
which is more available, prevailing, precious, rich, and real
than His visible presence. This dear presence of His is just
the Spirit in His resurrection whom He has breathed into the
disciples and who will be with them all the time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bible verses are taken from the Recovery Version of the Bible
and Words of Ministry from Witness Lee, Life-Study of
John, pp. 569-570. Both are published by Living Stream
Ministry, Anaheim, CA. (Repeat 4/3/97)

Please visit us at www.emanna.com
Comments to: comment@emanna.com.

SoS, what a marvelous surprise to see you here. Don't be a stranger. Try and stop by more often, will ya?

Thank YOU for the Bible quote and commentary and also for the link. I wasn't aware of this site. They are quite right - the Bible is the manna for us. And so is the Eucharist.

The Lord is good. His is the glory and the kingdom. His will be done, now and always. Amen

Thanks Lainy, thanks Shabuya :hug:

God bless you

I'm sorry to hear that I hope your uncle and cousin are doing OK....I'll pray for them too:angel: and your aunt in heaven will be proud of you.

Could you pray for me too? I started looking for a job. In this recession, the job market is so competitive, which I can't deny. I know God is our provider and he is bringing me up to another level. To be honest with you, I don't see it coming now though,.... somehow I think God will help me as he has brought me through for many years. Would you pray for me to find a job what God wants me to have?

I'm sorry to hear that I hope your uncle and cousin are doing OK....I'll pray for them too:angel: and your aunt in heaven will be proud of you.

Could you pray for me too? I started looking for a job. In this recession, the job market is so competitive, which I can't deny. I know God is our provider and he is bringing me up to another level. To be honest with you, I don't see it coming now though,.... somehow I think God will help me as he has brought me through for many years. Would you pray for me to find a job what God wants me to have?

Thanks, God bless you.

I'll pray for you... sure you'll find that job and remember that God looks after you!

Feast of All Saints

I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints... Ephesians 1:18 NIV

Lord, help Thy servants whom Thou hast redeemed with Thy precious blood. Save Thy people, o Lord and bless Thine inheritance. Have mercy on us, o Lord.

On Monday, November 1st we celebrated the feast of All Saints. In the fourth century, after many centuries of oppression of the Christian faith because of the number of martyrs was greater than the days in the calendar and therefore not each could be celebrated with a day of his/her own, one day was set aside to celebrate all the martyrs. The initial date was May 13th, and it was changed in later centuries to November 1st. The solemnity of All Souls is observed on the following day.

The diversity and beauty of saints and their life stories is amazing. While evil has a dull uniformity stemming from the rebellion against God and the fight against His creation, the lives and examples of saints throughout History paint a most beautiful tapestry with many colorful images illuminated by the light of the Lord's Resurrection.

Although their stories are very diverse, they are all united by their love for Christ, obedience to His word and mercy towards fellow humans and all of creation. The range and the depth of sainthood knows no boundaries - from a former persecutor of Christians such as Saint Paul, to the first martyr - Saint Stephen whom Paul witnessed the martyrdom of; teachers and doctors of the Church from Saint Augustine to Saint Thomas Aquinas; saints who wore the Lord's wounds on their own bodies from Saint Francis of Assisi and Saint Rita of Cascia, to Saint Pio of Pietralcina; kings such as Saint Edmund of England and Constantine the Great, and queens like his mother, Helen or Catherine of Sweden or Elizabeth of Hungary; men like Saint Ambrose of Milan or Saint Anthony of Padua, women such as Saint Catherine of Sienna and even children like Saint Lucia; saints who immersed themselves in sin and the secularism of their age before becoming faithful servants of Christ such as Saint Ignacio of Loyola to those who were dedicated to Him from the very beginning like the three little shepards Lucia, Francisco, Jacinta who saw the Virgin Mary at Fatima; from popes such as Silvester I to nuns such as Saint Teresa of Calcutta; from medieval mystics like Saint John of the Cross to modern ones like Saint Faustina Kowalska; patron saints of crafts - from music, Saint Cecilia, to carpenters and working people, Saint Joseph, Virgin Mary's husband and the Lord's custodian in the beginning of His life on earth; saints who faced the terrors of totalitarism in the 20th century like Maximilian Kolbe during the Nazi regime or Oscar Romero in El Salvador; from the very beginning of Christianity with apostles like the Vicar of Christ, Saint Peter to the most recent martyrs like bishop Luigi Padovese, or those whose processes of beatification are yet to be completed like John Paull II and this kind of examples can go on and on.....These are just some of the known saints, but heaven is full of those known only to the Lord but who have led saintly lives in anonymity.

May they all be our protectors, benefactors and may they intercede before the throne of the All Mighty on our behalf.

Icon_second_coming.jpg

All-Saints.jpg

Done and will keep on keepin' on till you tell us some good news about that new job you landed :D I know it's hard to hold on to faith when the few opportunities that appear on the horizon don't amount to anything in the short term. I know how hard it is to try and find a job in a much better economic climate; the current crisis only makes things worse. I know it's tough out there, but please hold on and whatever you do, please don't lose faith - the Lord will take you where you need to be. How did our boy say - it's just a matter of time before your confidence will win out :cheeky:

Back