Confirmed New Album Collaborations & Info/Quotes

What?? Oh, no Akon doing all the album... Please God no! lol

I respect Michael's decitions but Akon on all the new album, now this is too much, man. I hope Akons' mouth talked without him, and he's only boasting, not serious thing.

i don't know if people really do respect MJ's decisions. i really don't get all the akon hate. it's not like he's comparitively worse than anyone else constantly being played on the hour on radio stations today.

The problem is not collaborating with people, it's choosing the right people to collaborate with. Michael has always recorded songs written by other people and some of them were true milestones in his production. I for one would never want to be without Rock with You, She's out of my life, Human Nature, Lady in my life, P.Y.T., Man in the Mirror, Gone too soon, Keep the Faith, Butterflies and so on. These songs were all written by amazing songwriters. Akon is not one of those.

the song that put MJ in the stratosphere was written by none of these people. the song considered the greatest ever written, and that truly launched thriller and the golden opportunity for all those other songs is...

'Billie Jean'.

the song that put MJ in the stratosphere was written by none of these people. the song considered the greatest ever written, and that truly launched thriller and the golden opportunity for all those other songs is...

'Billie Jean'.

That was also 26 years ago. People expect Michael to be able to re-create the magic that he created 20 or 30 years ago, and the truth is that he may not be in the same creative zone as he was then. I doubt anyone in their 40's or 50's are as they were when they were in their 20's and 30's. The mind changes and creativity comes from the mind. I'm not saying that a person of that age can't be creative, it's just that the creativity tends to change as a person ages. It can be seen as good or bad. Many artists who are older tend to be different as they age. Madonna, Prince, Stevie, etc...None of them have been as they were when they were younger, so what makes us think that Michael will be? DSTYGE, Bille Jean, Dirty Diana, Jam, Beat It, etc...all came from a young man in his 20's and 30's, not 40's and 50's. I'll except what Michael does. But I'm definitely not expecting anything even remotely close to his work that's nearly 30 years old.

Last edited:
That was also 26 years ago. People expect Michael to be able to re-create the magic that he created 20 or 30 years ago, and the truth is that he may not be in the same creative zone as he was then. I doubt anyone in their 40's or 50's are as they were when they were in their 20's and 30's. The mind changes and creativity comes from the mind. I'm not saying that a person of that age can't be creative, it's just that the creativity tends to change as a person ages. It can be seen as good or bad. Many artists who are older tend to be different as they age. Madonna, Prince, Stevie, etc...None of them have been as they were when they were younger, so what makes us think that Michael will be? DSTYGE, Bille Jean, Dirty Diana, Jam, Beat It, etc...all came from a young man in his 20's and 30's, not 40's and 50's. I'll except what Michael does. But I'm definitely not expecting anything even remotely close to his work that's nearly 30 years old.

ok, but that is your opinion..:)

Well, I have bought Thriller 25.
And I have to admit something. I didn`t exactly like the idea of Akon collaborating on anything ( big understatement!)

But: I bow down, eat crow, apologice and admit i was wrong.

Humbled, and accepting that good things can come from places I don`t expect it to come from.

So, now I have said it. Sigh.:mello:
Its hard to admit you are wrong..................................:lol:

gotta catch this. i don't wanna be known for only seeing the akon hate.:lol:

I was SOOO glad to read this. I was kinda sceptical about whether or not there was GOING to be a new album since all the attention so far has been on T25. Thank You! It deffinately made my day. ^____^

You're welcome. The thread took me 8 hours to make, checking every quote and its reliabilty from videos and audios, and writting the transcrips by hand. Its all reliable. Im not a fan of rumours. Ill update it whenever something new comes in. I think its fun reading it all, putting it all together. It all adds up to an extremely amazing prospect.:)

Thank you so much for all of this! :)

That was also 26 years ago. People expect Michael to be able to re-create the magic that he created 20 or 30 years ago, and the truth is that he may not be in the same creative zone as he was then. I doubt anyone in their 40's or 50's are as they were when they were in their 20's and 30's. The mind changes and creativity comes from the mind. I'm not saying that a person of that age can't be creative, it's just that the creativity tends to change as a person ages. It can be seen as good or bad. Many artists who are older tend to be different as they age. quote]

I cannot agree with the statment, but this one reflects the image of our modern world, older people being seen less and less creative and valuable, there's a strong bias against people of older age, as if they should get into a corner of shadow... Sad...

I agree; old or older people are being, subconsciously or not, placed in some sort of Hall of Shame; it is reactions as these that are determining people - say, from Hollywood - to try to become younger and younger and behave as young people, because old age is such a shame, and not equated with wisdom at any cost, thus they are scrutinized because of shallow criticism. I cannot even think of a full argument relating this bias, because I find it too sad.

And this "Michael doesn't have the "it" anymore" 'broken disc ' of an opinion lately is especially due to the fact that he hasn't released the new album yet, so it leaves people speculating, while knowing nothing too concrete about his creative juices lately and about his voice and dance moves at the present time, so he is now just being called either old, boring, or lazy, in other words.

What boredom can do.

Last edited:
i think akon is michaels new descover...the chemistry between them works really good wbss2008 is a very good remix and we should wait to see i dont think akon will have most of the songs in the new album michael works with will too and basicaly he is his main producer to work with,but actually am sure none of the producers knows how many songs will have in.. this is a think that michael will decide later..anyway believe half of what akons says..he has the problem to talk too much and say many things that are not just like that,you remeber what happen with superbowl....iam still waiting to see where akon was involved too..

Last edited:
There were a ton of people who wanted to work with Michael. I think what Michael did was allow some of these people....Akon, Will I Am, Fergie and Kanye....to work with him on T25. I expect to see the rest of them working on the new album. In fact, I think he saved the best of them for the new album....I really prefer to see folks like John Legend, Quincy and Ne-Yo, Santana contributing to the new album. And since we have all heard that these are working with him yet we didn't see them on T25, I would assume that they are all contributing to the new album.

I cannot agree with the statment, but this one reflects the image of our modern world, older people being seen less and less creative and valuable, there's a strong bias against people of older age, as if they should get into a corner of shadow... Sad...

Anywhere in my post does it say older people can't be creative?! NO! If you would read correctly you would see that I said THE CREATIVITY IS NOT the SAME. I DIDN'T SAY it would be better or worse. Do you actually think your parents are the exact same people they were when they were in their 20s? I swear some people love to find an argument in EVERYTHING. It gets old after a while.

Last edited:
What pianoman04 was saying was that as artists get older, their mind set into how to create something changes, it's like they're focusing on a different path than the one they were on when they were "spring chickens".

Michael Jackson is already a different artist than he was 30 years ago. The Michael we've heard in the last three studio efforts is not the same Michael that the last generation grew up in and noting this guy has just went through a trial, is a busy father of three and is approaching 50, I think he definitely is creative in a different way. I would probably say more settled. We'll see.

The album could be a mixture of contemporary R&B and classic soul, who knows?

Michael's going to be just fine and his album is going to be off the hook. That man loves good music. He loves to hear good music and he loves to put out good music.

He's going to have fun with this album just like Lionel Richie had fun with his called "Coming Home."

When Michael is being quiet and meticulous, y'all betta look out. He's planning to knock us all on our behinds. Never underestimate him.

Also, if you want to get an idea of how he's feeling in the recording studio, listen closely to the remixes. You're going to notice that he was having fun.

For example, the way he sung the word "hot" in "The Girl Is Mine 2008" at 2:53. He did it in a very playful way. He likes to have fun with his voice. He was having fun with it the moment he started singing, "you know...you know...you know I care" at 2:15.

And listen to him in "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008" from 1:59 - 2:05. Listen to the way he's singing "ah...yeah...ah...yeah...ah...yeah..." He's doing it in that lively way that he does when he's having fun.

Michael is A-OK. He's in it.

And one other very important thing for us to not forget about.

Michael Jackson has a kid side of him that comes out from time-to-time, and when it happens, it happens for real.

Some of you forgot about this, huh? Yep. You forgot. lol

Last edited:
Michael's going to be just fine and his album is going to be off the hook. That man loves good music. He loves to hear good music and he loves to put out good music.

He's going to have fun with this album just like Lionel Richie had fun with his called "Coming Home."

When Michael is being quiet and meticulous, y'all betta look out. He's planning to knock us all on our behinds. Never underestimate him.

Also, if you want to get an idea of how he's feeling in the recording studio, listen closely to the remixes. You're going to notice that he was having fun.

For example, the way he sung the word "hot" in "The Girl Is Mine 2008" at 2:53. He did it in a very playful way. He likes to have fun with his voice. He was having fun with it the moment he started singing, "you know...you know...you know I care" at 2:15.

And listen to him in "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008" from 1:59 - 2:05. Listen to the way he's singing "ah...yeah...ah...yeah...ah...yeah..." He's doing it in that lively way that he does when he's having fun.

Michael is A-OK. He's in it.

And one other very important thing for us to not forget about.

Michael Jackson has a kid side of him that comes out from time-to-time, and when it happens, it happens for real.

Some of you forgot about this, huh? Yep. You forgot. lol

Great post..

That is all 25 years old so its not a reflection on how he is feeling now. lol.

However wrong that little thing u said may be, i agree with the rest of your stuff.

For the discussion about artists maturing.. this is definitely true. Someone mentioned Stevie Wonder, and as you can see, I'm a fan of Stevie myself. If you listen to an album like Talking Book or Innervisions, which were made thirty years ago when Stevie was in his 20's, or an album like A Time To Love which was made just a few short years ago, you can hear how much Stevie has changed and matured. Many people probably think Stevie's peak was in the seventies when he was in his 20's, and while that may be true, I don't think he's any less creative now. He's just a different kind of creative. He's matured as an artist. I think if an artist sounds the same for thirty or forty years, that's actually a problem.

I'm not really too concerned about the album, I'm sure it'll be quality. Michael Jackson usually throws away songs that are better than what many artists ever come out with.

For the discussion about artists maturing.. this is definitely true. Someone mentioned Stevie Wonder, and as you can see, I'm a fan of Stevie myself. If you listen to an album like Talking Book or Innervisions, which were made thirty years ago when Stevie was in his 20's, or an album like A Time To Love which was made just a few short years ago, you can hear how much Stevie has changed and matured. Many people probably think Stevie's peak was in the seventies when he was in his 20's, and while that may be true, I don't think he's any less creative now. He's just a different kind of creative. He's matured as an artist. I think if an artist sounds the same for thirty or forty years, that's actually a problem.

I'm not really too concerned about the album, I'm sure it'll be quality. Michael Jackson usually throws away songs that are better than what many artists ever come out with.

I think your confusing "maturity" with being "boring". A Time 2 Love is boring compared to Talking Book, Innervisions, Songs in the Key of Life and all the albums made in the 1972-1976 period.

I think your confusing "maturity" with being "boring". A Time 2 Love is boring compared to Talking Book, Innervisions, Songs in the Key of Life and all the albums made in the 1972-1976 period.

That's your personal opinion, which I respect. I personally found the album to be great, I didn't find it boring at all. But to say I am confusing "maturity" with "boring" is simply not true.

That is all 25 years old so its not a reflection on how he is feeling now. lol.

However wrong that little thing u said may be, i agree with the rest of your stuff.
I'm not wrong about that part. I didn't make that up. Go listen to the original "The Girl Is Mine." Nowhere in that song with Paul McCartney does Michael sing the words, "You know...you know...you know I care." And the word "hot" is not in there either.

Thriller 25 is definitely a reflection of how Michael is feeling right now.

He went into the studio and was actually recording. This is one of the main reasons why Sony was upset about Thriller 25 not being on Billboard's Top 200.

Also, Michael is the Executive Producer of Thriller 25. If the music is out here hitting the airwaves, it means he likes it. If it's partying music...dance music...which much of it clearly is...it means he enjoyed himself in the recording studio.

That music is upbeat and it sounds GOOD. It's leaping off the shelves all over the world. It's much too late to try and downplay it.

Last edited:
I'm not wrong about that part. I didn't make that up. Go listen to the original "The Girl Is Mine." Nowhere in that song with Paul McCartney does Michael sing the words, "You know...you know...you know I care." And the word "hot" is not in there either.

He went into the studio and was actually recording. This is one of the main reasons why Sony was upset about Thriller 25 not being on Billboard's Top 200.

Also, Michael is the Executive Producer of Thriller 25. If the music is out here hitting the airwaves, it means he likes it. If it's partying music...dance music...which much of it clearly is...it means he enjoyed himself in the recording studio.

That music is upbeat and it sounds GOOD. It's leaping off the shelves all over the world. It's much too late to try and downplay it.
Listen to the 1981 demo of TGIM. That's where the vocals for TGIM08 were taken from.

Demo mate. Demo.

I agree with those saying MJ shouldn't collaborate with these "artists" of today's hip hop scene. I don't like what they did to Thriller. I respect MJ's artistical decisions, but I still believe he was wrong in allowing these people to mess with his masterpiece. Whenever I hear The Girl is Mine 2008 on radio, I feel really embarrassed. I don't want MJ to compete with today's hip hop artists who are in their 20s, that's just wrong. MJ should make his own music without relying on anyone. What he's doing right now seems like a desperate attempt to get into today's music scene and stay "hip", which can be really ridiculous when you're approaching the 50s. Seriously, I want MJ to be just MJ and don't let his new album, whenever it will be released, be spoilt by dozens of producers who are forcing their style upon him. Meh.

Listen to the 1981 demo of TGIM. That's where the vocals for TGIM08 were taken from.
Bob George, he's in an upbeat and fun mood and he's been in the studio recording. Some of vocals may be from past works, but all of them are not. Some of it is brand new.

He's in such an upbeat mood right now that he's even allowed Will.i.am to rap the words "Hey girl you're a sexy thing. Let me be your little sex machine. Cuz you're lookin' really cute in them jeans. I'll peel them off like a tangerine" in P.Y.T. 2008.

Michael is being really animated and playful right now. Can't downplay it.

Demo mate. Demo.
Upbeat mate. Upbeat. You can't downplay it either.

I agree with those saying MJ shouldn't collaborate with these "artists" of today's hip hop scene. I don't like what they did to Thriller. I respect MJ's artistical decisions, but I still believe he was wrong in allowing these people to mess with his masterpiece. Whenever I hear The Girl is Mine 2008 on radio, I feel really embarrassed. I don't want MJ to compete with today's hip hop artists who are in their 20s, that's just wrong. MJ should make his own music without relying on anyone. What he's doing right now seems like a desperate attempt to get into today's music scene and stay "hip", which can be really ridiculous when you're approaching the 50s. Seriously, I want MJ to be just MJ and don't let his new album, whenever it will be released, be spoilt by dozens of producers who are forcing their style upon him. Meh.

last unicorn, what Michael is doing is good. He's grabbing those kids out there. He's grabbing them with the music. Once he gets them, he can turn them around. In order to sing the kids back up and away from those early graves that they've been going into, he's got to grab them first. He's on point.

Last edited:
Bob George, he's in an upbeat and fun mood and he's been in the studio recording. Some of vocals may be from past works, but all of them are not. Some of it is brand new.

He's in such an upbeat mood right now that he's even allowed Will.i.am to rap the words "Hey girl you're a sexy thing. Let me be your little sex machine. Cuz you're lookin' really cute in them jeans. I'll peel them off like a tangerine" in P.Y.T. 2008.

Michael is being really animated and playful right now. Can't downplay it.

Upbeat mate. Upbeat. You can't downplay it either.

last unicorn, what Michael is doing is good. He's grabbing those kids out there. He's grabbing them with the music. Once he gets them, he can turn them around. In order to sing the kids back up and away from those early graves that they been going into, he's got to grab them first. He's on point.

I'm hoping that MJ is feeling upbeat and happy right now. But I have to agree with the others that the vocals on T25 are no indication, since they were clearly recorded 25 years ago. I don't know what Sony are talking about with the new vocals, because I sure can't detect any. There may be a new background vocal here or there or a an adlib someplace, but even that seems uncertain. Everything sounds Thriller era MJ voice to me (except For all Time, which was recorded circa 1991, no new vocals on that track either though).

I'm hoping that MJ is feeling upbeat and happy right now. But I have to agree with the others that the vocals on T25 are no indication, since they were clearly recorded 25 years ago. I don't know what Sony are talking about with the new vocals, because I sure can't detect any. There may be a new background vocal here or there or a an adlib someplace, but even that seems uncertain. Everything sounds Thriller era MJ voice to me (except For all Time, which was recorded circa 1991, no new vocals on that track either though).
The songs on Thriller 25 reveal he's feeling upbeat and happy. And yes, there is a mixture of past and current vocals.

Also, there's a very easy way to see if he's feeling upbeat and happy now. All anyone will have to do is go and listen to Invincible to see how many of the tracks make you want to get up and dance, and then listen to the remixes from Thriller 25. You will notice there's a major difference. Thriller 25 shows he's in a partying mood.

The songs on Thriller 25 reveal he's feeling upbeat and happy. And yes, there is a mixture of past and current vocals.

The only new vocals are the ones in WBSS08. Nothing else has anything new. Its all rehashed from old versions and demos:)

Back