Confirmed New Album Collaborations & Info/Quotes

What pianoman04 was saying was that as artists get older, their mind set into how to create something changes, it's like they're focusing on a different path than the one they were on when they were "spring chickens".

Michael Jackson is already a different artist than he was 30 years ago. The Michael we've heard in the last three studio efforts is not the same Michael that the last generation grew up in and noting this guy has just went through a trial, is a busy father of three and is approaching 50, I think he definitely is creative in a different way. I would probably say more settled. We'll see.

The album could be a mixture of contemporary R&B and classic soul, who knows?

Glad somebody understood it! :lol:

For the discussion about artists maturing.. this is definitely true. Someone mentioned Stevie Wonder, and as you can see, I'm a fan of Stevie myself. If you listen to an album like Talking Book or Innervisions, which were made thirty years ago when Stevie was in his 20's, or an album like A Time To Love which was made just a few short years ago, you can hear how much Stevie has changed and matured. Many people probably think Stevie's peak was in the seventies when he was in his 20's, and while that may be true, I don't think he's any less creative now. He's just a different kind of creative. He's matured as an artist. I think if an artist sounds the same for thirty or forty years, that's actually a problem.

I'm not really too concerned about the album, I'm sure it'll be quality. Michael Jackson usually throws away songs that are better than what many artists ever come out with.

Exactly!!:punk:

The only new vocals are the ones in WBSS08. Nothing else has anything new. Its all rehashed from old versions and demos:)

Um are you sure? The background vocals of The Girl Is Mine are new (when he is moaning, screaming, etc)... and the vocals of For All Time are also new.

Um are you sure? The background vocals of The Girl Is Mine are new (when he is moaning, screaming, etc)... and the vocals of For All Time are also new.

the girl is mine has not got a single element of new MJ vocals in it that is for 100% sure no doubt about that no point saying there is. sorry :)

The background vocals for "The Girl Is Mine" - the adlibs at the end of the song - are most probably from 1982, vocals that were not released then, as his voice seems to be truly young and similar to the rest of the vocals in the song.

As for the vocals in "For All Time", I compared the demo and the 2008 release and they are not new either, except for the last chorus, partially, in which he provides fresh background vocals to it. Not even the bridge is new, it is only technologically improved, as the rest of the song and instruments, and I believe there may be some fresh background falsetto vocals in it - as in cleared, because on the demo version, it could not be very well heard - , but the lyrics are the same in there as well. It is an incredible song, in my opinion.

Last edited:
The background vocals for "The Girl Is Mine" - the adlibs at the end of the song - are most probably from 1982, vocals that were not released then, as his voice seems to be truly young and similar to the rest of the vocals in the song.

As for the vocals in "For All Time", I compared the demo and the 2008 release and they are not new either, except for the last chorus, partially, in which he provides fresh background vocals to it. Not even the bridge is new, it is only technologically improved, as the rest of the song and instruments, and I believe there may be some fresh background falsetto vocals in it - as in cleared, because on the demo version, it could not be very well heard - , but the lyrics are the same in there as well. It is an incredible song, in my opinion.

I did the same thing with For all Time and came to the same conclusion.

I don't understand which vocals are supposed to be new on WBBS08. There is a new line of course, but his voice sounds so much 1982 that I thought it was recorded back then but never used. Is everybody sure it's really new new?

the girl is mine has not got a single element of new MJ vocals in it that is for 100% sure no doubt about that no point saying there is. sorry :)

and that goes to show that all these people talking about MJ 'screaming' (which he isn't) is just a stylistic choice that MJ has adapted recently and NOT done because he can't sing smooth anymore.

If people in the UK had bought the single ( :shifty: ) and listen to the demo, you'd hear the same thing you heard in TGIM '08...and that is Will.I.Am remixed the MJ demo vocals including the part you say he's "moaning and screaming" on. :p

"WBSS '08" IS a new MJ vocal. That and "For All Time" are the only ones.

I did the same thing with For all Time and came to the same conclusion.

I don't understand which vocals are supposed to be new on WBBS08. There is a new line of course, but his voice sounds so much 1982 that I thought it was recorded back then but never used. Is everybody sure it's really new new?

You mean the part where the second verse comes in:

You love to pretend that you're good
When you're always up to no good
You really can't make him hate her
So your tongue became a razor...

Yadda, yadda, yadda?

I actually heard the WBSS '81 demo and I can tell you that they're completely different. The demo sounds like the one that was released on the original.

and that goes to show that all these people talking about MJ 'screaming' (which he isn't) is just a stylistic choice that MJ has adapted recently and NOT done because he can't sing smooth anymore.

I was confused by that statement too. He wasn't moaning OR screaming, he was singing falsetto! :lol: Plus he was singing like a classic soul artist (in some cases he IS a classic soul artist). His vocal sounds like Sam Cooke until he harmonizes in falsetto then he sounds a little like Marvin. ;)

Last edited:
Those remixes, and For All Time, are a mixture of past and new vocals. The fact that those remixes are uptempo, especially "The Girl Is Mine 2008," demonstrates that Michael Jackson, the Executive Producer of Thriller 25, is feeling upbeat. He is in a partying mood.

Will.i.am is not Michael Jackson. Will.i.am is Will.i.am, so I am not going to take his words over Michael's. I am not going to omit Michael's words at all.

Although I admire Will.i.am and appreciate what he has contributed to this latest project, and am thoroughly enjoying the music that is coming through my speakers, the first initial that is in the name of this forum does not begin with a 'W." It begins with a "M." And the name that's on the cover of Thriller 25 is not Will.i.am, it is Michael Jackson.

I am not going to disregard Michael's words that are on page two of the booklet that comes with the Thriller 25 CD. Those words in the fourth paragraph on page two say, "I've worked very hard to make this a memorable CD..."

Michael is telling us himself that he worked on this project.

If he worked on it and these songs are uptempo, and he is the Executive Producer of it, it is clearly a demonstration of how he is feeling. He is feeling upbeat. He is in a partying mood. I can assure you he is feeling upbeat and is in a partying mood.

I am a fan from Michael Jackson's original fan base. I am African American just like him. I have been listening to his music in my house since he and I were kids. I know what he had us doing when he hit the music scene.

He had us dancing.

These remixes are dancing songs and he worked on them.

He did not hand the entire project over to Will.i.am and offer zero input. He was directly involved in the creation of these remixes and it's dance music.

Also, if you go and listen to Michael singing "The Way You Love Me" which is a full recording of him as he sounds right now, you will notice that if he does add new vocals to these remixes, his voice, as it sounds right now, will blend right in.

No matter what Michael says or does...no matter how much you see him smiling and laughing...no matter how often you see him putting out songs that are signs of good things to come...some of you seem determined to convince yourselves that he is incapable of having fun with his music again. Why?

Why are some of you having these long discussions about his new album coming while at the same time, you are trying to bat it down? Why?

If you don't want to believe that Michael is going to put out a new album, and you don't want to believe that he is going to have a good time doing it, then stop waiting for it. Simple as that.

Last edited:
I agree with you, AllforMJ. Some fans seem to be doubting Michael.

I truly believe that this new album is gonna be full of five things....

1. amazing hooks

2. dance tunes

3. melodies

4. smooth vocals

5. new dance videos

1. amazing hooks

2. dance tunes

3. melodies

4. smooth vocals

5. new dance videos

I hope all that happens as well. I'm also hoping for some great LIVE performances.

I am so glad to see where MJ is with his life right now that I am really not hoping for anything. It makes everything that he goves me so muck more exciting.

1. amazing hooks

2. dance tunes

3. melodies

4. smooth vocals

5. new dance videos

You too are a part of Michael's original fan base, AllTheLovelyFlowers. So, you know exactly what I'm talking about. You see the same thing coming from him that I see.

We have been watching and listening to him long enough to know what he is capable of, and there truly is no reason for us to start doubting him.

We've come very far with him. We've been on this journey with him for a very long time. Decades. We've watched him go through his ups and downs. We went through them with him, as we've been with him from the very start. If everyone here in this thread looks at the photo of Michael in concert on page two of the blooket that comes with The Ultimate Collection, they will see Michael's original fan base.

We've been here. We are still here. We still believe in him.

You too are a part of Michael's original fan base, AllTheLovelyFlowers. So, you know exactly what I'm talking about. You see the same thing coming from him that I see.

We have been watching and listening to him long enough to know what he is capable of, and there truly is no reason for us to start doubting him.

We've come very far with him. We've been on this journey with him for a very long time. Decades. We've watched him go through his ups and downs. We went through them with him, as we've been with him from the very start. If everyone here in this thread looks at the photo of Michael in concert on page two of the blooket that comes with The Ultimate Collection, they will see Michael's original fan base.

)))FAINTS(((

What a beautifully written post. OMG thank you for saying that.

Believe in Michael people! I mean sheesh give the man a break. Some fans are worse than the media up in this piece lol

MJ is coming with a new album. And all of ya'll who are complaining....will probably really like it, and listen to it all day every day, no matter what style MJ adapts. And probably while listening to the album on ur computer, ur gonna come on this board and yap about all the things wrong with it. But u love it, why? Cuz u guys are fans, you are here, you spend X amount of time here on message boards. You like MJ's style, u like his voice, you like what he's about (and all of these things hasn't changed over the many many many years!). So why doubt?

Yeah ya'll can't give me a solid reason to doubt MJ.

The NJR speech, and what he said, affirmed to me all i need to know about where MJ's at creatively.

Last edited:

I agree with you. In the studio there have been many advances and this proves it. This old song has just been enhanced by new technology.

I am really looking forward to MJs new work.
I LOVE his older tunes, Off the Wall and Thriller era and do hope for some amazing melodies- but I trust Mike!
I think Mike is smart to collaborate with some new artists, because all the teenagers of today will also be stunned by who MJ is as an artist. But I hope that the songs turn out more like WBSS 2008 - i love the piano intro at the beginning. If his new collaborations are like that - WOW!

But i'm excited, because i know, whatever is on his new album, there will be something to suit everyone. That's MJ's magic.

I don't want MJ to compete with today's hip hop artists who are in their 20s, that's just wrong.

Michael is not competing with today's hip hop artists. BTW, Akon is an R&B singer not a hip hop artist. Get that straight. I do not get the hip hop hate from many of the MJ fan community. I do not get it. I also do not get why fans want MJ to do a CD all by himself. What is wrong with MJ working with other people? That is how he gets his best work.

First Details on Michael Jackson New Album Jackson is reportedly bringing in the big guns Kanye west Will.i am akon,t-pain and ne-yo- for his first studio disc since 2001 Invincible tentatively due out later this year

- PEOPLE mag feb 25 08

You are so right, hony. I am an original! I vividly remember watching J5 cartoons on Saturday with my little brother. I remember the little dress I had on. I can't even remember a time in my 47 year old life that I was not a Michael Jackson fan. Been a fan my entire life!

And I believe that Michael knows exactly what he needs to do to make this album an amazing success story. And he will do just that.

I have a problem with People mag. They never say anything but negativity about Michael. They never put nice pics of him in their mag. Yet they are waiting just like the rest of us for the new album.

I just hope they celebrate the new album in a positive light and not try to rain on Michael's parade.

First Details on Michael Jackson New Album Jackson is reportedly bringing in the big guns Kanye west Will.i am akon,t-pain and ne-yo- for his first studio disc since 2001 Invincible tentatively due out later this year

- PEOPLE mag feb 25 08

Did you copy this word for word out of the magazine? or

I just checked out that Akon track "Come Back 2 Me", and while it's not my favorite song, it does show how versatile he is. Some people like Akon, others hate him, I see arguements for both. But I thought WBSS 2008 was the best remix on the Thriller 25 album, and I think Akon is much more gifted than some realize. I think he has the potential to be the best collaborator on the upcoming album. I'm not saying he's anywhere near Michael's league, but he is much more willing to try stuff outside the box than other artists. Many hip-hop stars are afraid to go out of that mainstream comfort zone. This track shows that Akon is willing to try any style. Big thumbs up in my book.

I just checked out that Akon track "Come Back 2 Me", and while it's not my favorite song, it does show how versatile he is. Some people like Akon, others hate him, I see arguements for both. But I thought WBSS 2008 was the best remix on the Thriller 25 album, and I think Akon is much more gifted than some realize. I think he has the potential to be the best collaborator on the upcoming album. I'm not saying he's anywhere near Michael's league, but he is much more willing to try stuff outside the box than other artists. Many hip-hop stars are afraid to go out of that mainstream comfort zone. This track shows that Akon is willing to try any style. Big thumbs up in my book.

you have a good point, i don't love him or hate him, his problem is that he does mainstream rnb style tracks when i reckon his voice suits a more reggae style.

I think it's great we're hardly hearing any MJ news atm. It kinda gives me the idea he's really knuckling down at present getting things to do with the album all sorted.

Dunno whether it'll be this year we actually get the album. Might be mid to late 2009.

Back