Contract: Jackson doc requested lifesaving gear

If he requested something that was necessary for his medical services and did not get it from AEG, then his obligation was to go to Michael and say that either Michael needed to provide the equipment or that Murray could not provide the services. Murray should not have been providing any "dangerous medical services" without the proper equipment. Who would have paid for "life-saving medical equipment" for a man who appeared healthy and not in a life-endangered situation? I wonder what possible explanation he would have given for needing such. He probably came off as sounding crazy and stuff like this is probably why a contract was never signed by either Michael or AEG. I still think that it is interesting that Michael never signed a version of a contract if he supposedly wanted Murray.

So, do the emails then indicate that AEG knew what "dangerous medical services" Murray was providing? So, does Murray admit that he was providing medical services without the proper equipment so that is what led to Michael's death?

Oxman would be so much better off using this in front of the medical boards of Nevada, Texas, and California as evidence that indicates serious lacking of medical judgment that indicates the need for Murray's license to be withdrawn. He continues to help shift blame from Murray before a trial even starts.

You're exactly right with everything you said. If Murray asked for equipment that was necessary, then that shows that he knew he needed it. If he didn't get it, he should not have administered the medicine. Negligence. I hate that Joe and Oxman are detracting from Murray right now... :doh:

I thought this trial would be really quick since we all know it was Murray's fault. I hope Murray just shuts up and admits he is guilty. Just hope.

point blank period he shouldnt of being do what he was doing with or without the needed materials,and if he didnt have the needed materials why the hell was he continuing 2administer the propofol?

So this is the reason why the Jackson family all this time has been calling Murray the fall guy?! o_O

You got to be kidding me! This info shows Murray's direct responsibility for what happened that day to me because he continued doing what he did regardless of not having the equipment he allegedly ask for! So the fall guy my behind! Not taking away blame on others because I sure they know/did something in my opinion. But, Murray was the DR. point blank!

seems to me murray wasnt going to london. excuses by AEG saying it was rare for a doc to go on tour with a singer. yeah right. i want to know if a visa had been asked for for murray.

and oxmans helping the defence again making it look like murray cared and it was AEG fault. yet this machine was for the tour not when he was putting crap into mj.

joe or oxman dont care, let murray get off aslong as they get some money

Okay a question that's bugging me - How does Oxman got access to those emails between Murray and the AEG?

good point. i wonder about this, too.

Why do we first heard about this now?
I would think/hope that the DA has these in his possession. And if so, I'm sure they were going towards showing guilt with the criminal charges. They aren't going to publicly lay out their case until necessary.

seems to me murray wasnt going to london. excuses by AEG saying it was rare for a doc to go on tour with a singer. yeah right. i want to know if a visa had been asked for for murray.

and oxmans helping the defence again making it look like murray cared and it was AEG fault. yet this machine was for the tour not when he was putting crap into mj.

joe or oxman dont care, let murray get off aslong as they get some money

The entire communication record between Murray, Michael, and AEG regarding Murray should answer this. One of the most important lessons from Michael's trial was to never jump first at a lot of what was being partially put out there for the public because usually it was serving someone's purpose.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gvcLH28ub3AyGjplQ256FNiOT6CQD9GCQ2RO2

LOS ANGELES — Documents obtained by The Associated Press show that Michael Jackson's doctor requested but never received resuscitation equipment and a medical assistant, from the concert promoter organizing the singer's London shows.

This confuses me a bit. Michael did pass the physical exams. Randy Phillips was qutoed saying "MJ passed it with flying colours and that he would trade his body with MJs becasue THAT'S how fit he was".

I really wonder what AEG thought of Murray and even Michael when he asked about resuscitation equipmentand and a medical assistant. Wouldnt that alert them of maybe something was wrong and why Murray needed these items especially since Michael was healthy and fit according to the exams.
Im not here to blame AEG becasue Murray could have said No if he did not get these items... but if this was the case, Im curious to know how AEG reacted when Murray requested these stuff.

Last edited:
TMZ is reporting this now.

They also claim Murray requested more stuff.

Besides the CPR machine, Murray also asked for saline, catheters, needles and a gurney.

IF this is true.. I really wonder what AEG thought of his requests especially since Michael had passed the exams.

Last edited:
No this is what Murray asked for to treat Michael when he was in London it had nothing to do with Michael's health which we all know now was fine. Murray it seems wanted AEG to get this stuff because he did not want to buy it I mean asking them to buy your needles? You are the doctor you buy it

No this is what Murray asked for to treat Michael when he was in London it had nothing to do with Michael's health which we all know now was fine. Murray it seems wanted AEG to get this stuff because he did not want to buy it I mean asking them to buy your needles? You are the doctor you buy it

Yeah I know he was fit and I agree with you.. but we have seen AEG saying he was fit, fine, healthy (which I agree) and that they did not see anything strange with MJ and he was on top of the world.. and then BAM here comes Michaels personal doctor and asks them to provide him with a gurney, needles, saline, catheters, a nurse and resuscitation equipment.

Did they once ask why he needed those items in London.. They knew Michael was healthy so why on earth would his doc ask for these items. I mean a gurney and catheters? Im just curious of how AEG approached this and what they thought

And that could be one of the reasons why this contract was not signed. Even if AEG did not sign it nothing was stopping Michael from signing it. They were due to leave in eight days and Murray's contract is still being worked on? No he was not going and I will bet you anything Murray gave Michael Propofol that night to show Michael that he could do it for him.

we need a medical expert here

I wonder if they thought those equipments for some kind of "better safe then sorry" type of emergency equipment request

what I'm trying to say is did they know what Murray was doing at home and were these equipments related to that

or

did they think that if those were for concerts such as if Michael collapsed

I actually, and very simply, think that AEG perfectly knew that Mike was going to take Propofol and Murray had the task to give it to him. It´s not a secret for anybody that Mike suffered from a very bad case of insomnia, especially while touring or in stressing situations. But I have no idea if they knew how Propofol exactly works or which are the possible consequences of its use.

However it is, Murray is guilty, he knew he was doing something very wrong and dangerous all the time. Why the justice seem to ignore this simple fact?

I wonder if they thought those equipments for some kind of "better safe then sorry" type of emergency equipment request

what I'm trying to say is did they know what Murray was doing at home and were these equipments related to that

or

Yes, I really like your posts Ivy !

and why go to the medical board with these docs ???

I don't know, and I don't really trust Joe or Oxman, but what if this was going against Murray instead of AEG ??

To me, it could show that Murray was aware of the risks he was taking. And so that he knowingly acted recklessly.

Has the medical board the power to revoke Murray's license, without having to ask the judge or wait for Murray to be found guilty ??

What could the medical board do with these docs ??

or

well imo and from what ive read etc. murray as he was a cardiologist was hired incase anything went wrong. hence why he asked for the equipment that he did.i would think AEG would think as you say it was a case of better be safe than sorry. if you are hiring a cardiologist they arent much use without resusitation equipment.the cathe

i dont believe for one minute that AEG or anyone else knew what was going on at night and the usage of diprivan. its not something mj would go around telling ppl.as they would say WTH u doing.

the catheters etc though were obviously going to be used in connection to the diprivan. although wold you (AEG be asking why do u want those for. its kinda obvious in the normal sense.

the problem with this is to an extent is makes murray look good by saying look he did care he was asking for the right equipement but AEG didnt get it. but when u look at it that equipment was being asked for for the tour.it had nothing to do with the diprivan being given when it was given. so it doesnt help oxman in that sense.

one theory that has done the rounds is murray wasnt going to london so he did what he did to mj.the issues with the contract certainly shows there was something going on. the question is whether this ever gets brought up in court.if it doesnt we may never know about whether there was a visa for him and why things werent signed

I know. :smilerolleyes: I posted just to remember this fact. OK????? :)

Murray's contract was not signed. The contract was found in the car at Murray (that was at the home of Michael) unsigned. No one has signed. Does anyone remember that?

It could have been a copy that people were still negotiating over & that may be why it was unsigned.

Murray had to have at least a verbal agreement, he was there in May. I bet there was some sort of initial agreement in writing to be in effect till the official contract was signed, or Murray wouldn't give up his practice.

Contract: Jackson doc requested lifesaving gear

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY and THOMAS WATKINS (AP)

The request was later mentioned in Murray's contract. The language stated AEG "shall provide Dr. Murray for his use during the term with medical equipment requested by Dr. Murray to assist him in performing the services as approved by (AEG)."

The equipment is described as a "portable cardio pulmonary resuscitation unit ('CPR Machine'), saline, catheters, needles, a gurney and other mutually approved medical equipment necessary for the Services."

Not sure what is meant by a CPR unit. A defib? A ventilator? Both? Asking for the other items listed seems reasonable to me to treat fluid loss/dehydration.

The complaint states Murray signed the document a day before Michael Jackson's death.
An e-mail sent to Murray during the negotiations explained a delay in the contract's drafting because it was a "rare event" for a physician to be hired to care for a singer on tour.
E-mails also show the contract was still being reworked two days before Jackson's death, which happened a week before he was to travel to London for the "This Is It" shows

I wonder if they were stalling to convince MJ to have medics 'on-call' in London instead as Phillips stated he would have preferred when interviewed by Sky after Michael passed?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVrO776S_UI at 2:55

or perhaps drawing up a careful list of what they (AEG) deemed as "approved services" for Murray to administer?

or

In my view, if the AEG contact for Murray involved in drawing up his contract did not seek a medical opinion with regards to Murray's requests for these pieces of equipment (unlikely in my view), then I could just about accept that AEG might have thought Murray was just being extra cautious (again it depends on the definition of CPR equipment).
IMO I don't think anyone from AEG or those involved in the production of the concerts suspected propofol use.

If a Dr WAS consulted (who had seen the previous medical report where Michael had passed 'with flying colours') about Murray's requests, I expect questions would be being asked of Murray as to why he felt resus equipment in a relatively healthy patient was quite so necessary.

tbh i doubt AEG would have cared enough to ask questions. these shows had to happen. it was a huge money maker. imo it would be a case of just give them what they ask for.

well imo and from what ive read etc. murray as he was a cardiologist was hired incase anything went wrong. hence why he asked for the equipment that he did.i would think AEG would think as you say it was a case of better be safe than sorry. if you are hiring a cardiologist they arent much use without resusitation equipment.the cathe

From the point of view of the general public, having a cardiologist might seem like a great idea but ultimately any Dr who is trained in advanced life support who had access to a defib would be more than capable if something went wrong. The greatest advantage is in being able to intubate & ventilate a patient in a cardiac arrest situation, something cardiologists are not traditionally proficient at.

i dont believe for one minute that AEG or anyone else knew what was going on at night and the usage of diprivan. its not something mj would go around telling ppl.as they would say WTH u doing.
Agree

the catheters etc though were obviously going to be used in connection to the diprivan. although wold you (AEG be asking why do u want those for. its kinda obvious in the normal sense.
Catheters in the States (someone correct me if I'm wrong) are our equivalent of cannulas ie thin plastic tubes that are inserted into veins to allow intravenous administration of fluids and other drugs if needed, not just propofol, so a reasonable request in my view.

^^
and a gurney. it doesn't seem like it would be a needed thing to administer propofol at a home setting. It looks like it was to get someone off stage etc.
Would you agree?

Catheters in the States (someone correct me if I'm wrong) are our equivalent of cannulas ie thin plastic tubes that are inserted into veins to allow intravenous administration of fluids and other drugs if needed, not just propofol, so a reasonable request in my view.
user_offline.gif
vbrep_register("2850264")
i thought they were talking about catherters interms of the ones mj was wearing on the 25th. ie so he wouldnt wet himself while under. do they mean something else?

and a gurney. it doesn't seem like it would be a needed thing to administer propofol at a home setting. It looks like it was to get someone off stage etc.
Would you agree?
i guess. i cant think of any other reason.but stuff like that would be available and at a venue anyway. kinda strange to request it. but like u say u dont need it to adminsiter so thats really your only other option.but its like hes asking for it for personal use

Last edited:
Back