CRUELTY TO ANIMALS HAS TO STOP!!! Please Read

It's all about money MissyLedger. They calculate what the clients will buy and how much they can spend. The result is better if you will keep them unaware. That's how they make money.

What scares me the most is the facts that so many people ARE aware of the situation there and still give a shit about it.

This is disgusting!!

heather mills and paul mccartney did a documentary taking on the fur trade here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf_sMdL4xFU
That kind of actions have a sense. Some time ago EU banned dog and cat fur trade around the Europe. Chinese lost half of their world fur trade market that day.

The next step should be to ban baby seal killing (yep, they don't kill an adult seals, but BABY seals!) and take a closer look on fast foods and bull tortures in Spain!

That kind of actions have a sense. Some time ago EU banned dog and cat fur trade around the Europe. Chinese lost half of their world fur trade market that day.

The next step should be to ban baby seal killing (yep, they don't kill an adult seals, but BABY seals!) and take a closer look on fast foods and bull tortures in Spain!

have you seen the sickos eating fish whilst they are still alive in asia ?

Oh maaaan :( I can't even look at the pictures and videos, they make me so upset :(

I love KFC.. But god, I can't eat another one now :(

bull tortures in Spain!

oh yea i never watch bull fighting..i hate that its in mexico too..its so barbaric..its like these fools are stuck in the colleseum era and messing with animals in a stadium. and then the bull run which infuriates me..they throw stuff at the bull that gets stick in his skin and tease him..its an aweful thing..and i rather not know what they do after the run.

or how they treated animals in circuses..and peopel think circuses are all glam and cool..okayyy

have you seen the sickos eating fish whilst they are still alive in asia ?
I did, and I must say it was the most disgusting stuff I've ever seen. Can you imagine animal's eyes exploding in your mouth when you're trying to bite through them? :|

i can't watch the video's either i dont like animals being hurt
So let's everyone start boycott McDonald's and KFC from this day. They do that because we pay them for that and the only way to stop it is to stop buying that shit.

They will never care of what we think as long as we will keep spending our euros and dollars there. It's the client who pay them their salaries. Sooner people will understand that, better for animals.

I did, and I must say it was the most disgusting stuff I've ever seen. Can you imagine animal's eyes exploding in your mouth when you're trying to bite through them? :|

So let's everyone start boycott McDonald's and KFC from this day. They do that because we pay them for that and the only way to stop it is to stop buying that shit.

They will never care of what we think as long as we will keep spending our euros and dollars there. It's the client who pay them their salaries. Sooner people will understand that, better for animals.

Yeah your right!!!

Another thing is the chemicals they pump the animals with, they do that to make them bigger so they get more meat out of them which is very painful and causes alot of discomfort for them and is not only completely unhealthy for those poor animals it's also really bad for us too when we eat that crap.

I was reading something the other day about it and these poor chickens had so many chemicals pumped into them to expand their size they couldn't even hold themselves up, their little legs were both broken from the unnatural weight of their body's. the pictures were terrible and very upsetting.

I completely agree that boycotting these places is the most affective way of stopping this cruelty from happening!!

It is no wonder why I wont eat that horrible garbage that McDonald's calls food. And for KFC I haven't had their chicken in over 2 years now. Not since they had closed up the only KFC in my town. But it really doesn't matter to me I would rather eat the chicken and beef that my mother buys at the grocery store. And at one time when I was growing up on my grandfather's dairy farm we used to eat his own cows. And drink their milk all of the time.

In my opinion, there's a natural order to things and human beings happen to be intelligent enough to make tools and kill lower forms of life for our benefit, for food, clothes and other luxuries. But I am sympathetic to what some animals are subjected to for our benefit. I just don't think we should have to be forced to give up those benefits we get from animals for their sake. If a business wants to voluntarily adopt ethical animal treatment practices then good on them. But if a business wants to use animals for food, clothes, etc. then as unfortunate as it may be for the animals, we shouldn't have to sacrifice our luxuries for them if we don't want to. We're the supreme species.

Right, however how about the thought that our whole ecosystem depends on ALL animals? Without a good balance WE shall suffer.

Intensive farming is destroying out land, traditional farmers are finding it hard to make a profit and animals are being treated in horrible ways.

I understand what you are saying but we NEED to sacrifice some luxury so that as a species we can survive. Like you say we are the most intelligent forms of life right now which gives us a responsibility to look after the earth and not destroy it for future generations.

In my opinion, there's a natural order to things and human beings happen to be intelligent enough to make tools and kill lower forms of life for our benefit, for food, clothes and other luxuries. But I am sympathetic to what some animals are subjected to for our benefit. I just don't think we should have to be forced to give up those benefits we get from animals for their sake. If a business wants to voluntarily adopt ethical animal treatment practices then good on them. But if a business wants to use animals for food, clothes, etc. then as unfortunate as it may be for the animals, we shouldn't have to sacrifice our luxuries for them if we don't want to. We're the supreme species.

Some of the things that are posted in this thread just make me want to cry. I can't stand the things animals are put through. It's barbaric. To think people have the nerve to think they can do that to living creatures just because they aren't strong enough or big enough to fight back. It sickens me...I don't even know what to say about it. It truly despairs me.

Right, however how about the thought that our whole ecosystem depends on ALL animals? Without a good balance WE shall suffer.

Intensive farming is destroying out land, traditional farmers are finding it hard to make a profit and animals are being treated in horrible ways.

I understand what you are saying but we NEED to sacrifice some luxury so that as a species we can survive. Like you say we are the most intelligent forms of life right now which gives us a responsibility to look after the earth and not destroy it for future generations.

However great the NEED may be, I still don't think we should be forced to adopt practices that will "save the animals" and "save the planet". The only method I endorse is encourage people to voluntarily adopt "green" practices into their lives and work through ad campaigns and promoting the cause.

Even if our lives depend on it?

Look I'm not saying we force anyone to do anything but you speak like looking after the earth isn't very high on your priority. I guess we all different goals, needs and wants but personally I'd like to preserve what we have for future generations to enjoy too! One of the most compassionate acts one can do is share, I'm just up for that is all I say and right now humanity isn't very good at that.

Even if our lives depend on it?

Look I'm not saying we force anyone to do anything but you speak like looking after the earth isn't very high on your priority. I guess we all different goals, needs and wants but personally I'd like to preserve what we have for future generations to enjoy too! One of the most compassionate acts one can do is share, I'm just up for that is all I say and right now humanity isn't very good at that.

It's high on my priorities, but not as high as that freedom and liberty to choose what we want to do and what "green" practices we want to adopt in our lives and work. I don't think we should be forced by the government to "save the planet". We should do so voulentarily. For example, in Australia the import and sales of incandescent lights bulbs is being phased out shortly forcing us to buy the more expensive but more "environmentally friendly" fluorescent light bulbs. I don't agree with that. I think people should be encouraged to switch to fluorescent light bulbs, but not forced to by a government mandate. On the other hand, a couple of years ago the government issued shower timers to everyone to encourage people to take shorter showers to save water. While the cost of sending everyone a timer is questionable, this is more a long the lines of what I think the government should do. Encourage people to save water and energy but not force them to change their practices and home and at work for a cause that frankly is still disputed by some in scientific communities.

I am reading a funny book at the moment by Robert B. Cialdini. The title is: Influence, science and practice.
Its about how we are influenced by professional people in marketing and sales, every day every where.
The interesting part is that what they do is to use sertainelements of the human behaviour and mind to trigger our desire for things.

The reason why I am writing about this, is that what the reaction you show in the post above Bob George is described in the book. The principle he describe is the desire created by scarcity. When something is limited in numbers, rare or hard to get its percieved as more desirable and more valuable. In the book they describe what happend when there was a ban on detergents that contained a type of cemical. Even if the arguments against using the chemical was well documented and explained, the ban caused a great deal of anger. And it resulted in people doing a lot to get this detergent.

In the book there are a lot of funny examples of how people act when things are sensored, banned or restiricted- but they all tell the same story. People get more interested and positive towards what is restricted after its become difficult to get it.

So in a way, your argument about letting people decide for themself is reasonable. However- my rather pessimistic view on peoples ability to choose wisely makes me think that laws and bans may be the only option some times.
Human kind has had a bad tendency to make blunders of magnificent proportions, so some regulations might not be a bad idea. Even if it means switching lightbulbs. A small sacrifice for man, concidering what we are up against?

I have to add this; I do not think we should put ourself above any other animal.
Many animals show thinking ablities way more complex then what it was used to be acknowledged.
And "going green" is not a something that should be regarded as a moral/ emotional choice in my opinion. In the end its about survival, and if we create an earth that is not sustainable- how can we be supreme beings?

There are too many warnings that things are going wrong to ignore them for the benefit of personal freedom. And this is also highly irrational, as the freedom and comfort we enjoy is not possible to sustain without some elements of sacrifices.
There has to be a balance.
Personaly I think that a lot of the problems we see relates to our distance form everything natural. I am not against eating meat, and I do think we should use the leather created by animals that are used for meat. It makes sense to at least value what is killed for our benefit enough to make use of everything that comes from it.
But I am uncomfortable with seeing the industrialisation of farming.
The result is food that is not good for us, and the explotion in degenerative diseases is a good proof that something is going very wrong.

I do not understand why so much cruelty to animals. They are so helpless. Here in Brazil, unfortunately we also have this kind of atrocity. I think that happens anywhere in the world. The Peta does a great job. Unfortunately people do not change ...

So in a way, your argument about letting people decide for themself is reasonable. However- my rather pessimistic view on peoples ability to choose wisely makes me think that laws and bans may be the only option some times.
Human kind has had a bad tendency to make blunders of magnificent proportions, so some regulations might not be a bad idea. Even if it means switching lightbulbs. A small sacrifice for man, concidering what we are up against?
People may make poor decisions on their own, but it seems to me (looking around the world and through-out history) that government often makes even worse decisions. When the collective makes a poor decisions, the consequences are much more disastrous than when an individual makes a poor decision.

I am reading a funny book at the moment by Robert B. Cialdini. The title is: Influence, science and practice.
Its about how we are influenced by professional people in marketing and sales, every day every where.
The interesting part is that what they do is to use sertainelements of the human behaviour and mind to trigger our desire for things.

The reason why I am writing about this, is that what the reaction you show in the post above Bob George is described in the book. The principle he describe is the desire created by scarcity. When something is limited in numbers, rare or hard to get its percieved as more desirable and more valuable. In the book they describe what happend when there was a ban on detergents that contained a type of cemical. Even if the arguments against using the chemical was well documented and explained, the ban caused a great deal of anger. And it resulted in people doing a lot to get this detergent.

In the book there are a lot of funny examples of how people act when things are sensored, banned or restiricted- but they all tell the same story. People get more interested and positive towards what is restricted after its become difficult to get it.

But I was not talking of banning anything?

Anyway I don't see how switching light bulbs could be considered a sacrifice!

We are also intelligent enough to know that there are more humane ways to do things. It's Brutal and totally not necessary the way in which these Animals are neglected then slaughtered. I Completely dissagree with these battery Farms that keep Animals caged up with no freedom & pump them with chamicals that is also unhealthy for human consumption...

We may be intelligent but we are also very ignorant in so many ways.
We are not the supreme species... we just think we are...

Movingcoolcat mentioned the fact that we need to change for our future generations and it's so true!
We need to stop what we are doing before it's too late.

Movingcoolcat, i totally agree with what you are saying.

I think it all gets out of control. I mean hundreds of years ago, people killed animals to survive, for food. Now they do it either for the fur or coz it's a delicacy. Just look at the whole sushi thing. first it was only popular in asia, now it's popular in europe as well. we always want everything, that the others have to. this way we're close to destroying the circle of life. for example, If we kill and eat so many frogs, they become extict. And then some cats will have no more food (there's actually a wild cat who eats frogs, but I forgot the name). Well I guess you know what I mean. It makes me angry every time, to hear that people are so ignorant.
It's like the same with the rain forest. people clear the rain forest by fire or whatever, and the precious animals and plants die before they were even discovered. and the worst thing is that a lot of animals and plants in the rain forest are endemic, which means that they only exist there.

sorry I drifted away a bit...

We are also intelligent enough to know that there are more humane ways to do things. It's Brutal and totally not necessary the way in which these Animals are neglected then slaughtered. I Completely dissagree with these battery Farms that keep Animals caged up with no freedom & pump them with chamicals that is also unhealthy for human consumption...

We may be intelligent but we are also very ignorant in so many ways.
We are not the supreme species... we just think we are...

Movingcoolcat mentioned the fact that we need to change for our future generations and it's so true!
We need to stop what we are doing before it's too late.

Movingcoolcat, i totally agree with what you are saying.

yes well said..

it doesnt mean much if we are the only ones calling our selfs ''supreme beings''
we live, breathe, suffer, and die like any animal.

human beings are disgusting they treat animals like s**t and dont get punished

i reckon if a human hurts an animal they should be jailed for life like ppl get for killing or murdering a human

i :wub: all animals im very fond of cat's and dog's as i have my own i also own a tortoise and 10 horse's and even tho one of my horses kicked me full on in the leg id never hurt him back or sell him id try to understand him

Yeah i know, they deserve the same rights as us, there is not enough justice for animals who have been mistreated in any way.
Your right, people who mistreat animals should be prosecuted in the same way they would be if the mistreatment was to another Human being.

It's as basic as this... Because an Animal cannot verbally tell us how they feel, we disreguard their feelings & are ignorant to their pain...
If an Animals could talk back to us, i know for a fact that the majority of cruelty would not take place and they would be granted equal rights.
For example i really doubt a scientist would be able to carry out an experimentation on an ape if it was begging him to stop. Apes are very much similar to us in the way that they think and
do things... but obviusly as they can not cummunicate in our language it makes it ok to treat them as test subjects.

It's completely disturbing and wrong and the worst thing about it all is the fact that most of the experiments carried out are for things like cleaning detergents and products of that nature.
I think an Animal's life no matter how big or small is much more precious then a bottle of bleach or shampoo!!

Edit: The good thing is that more and more companies are choosing to stop using Animals in laboratory testing, but it still goes on all around the world in some of the major labs including Oxford University's £20m animal research laboratory. -_-

Last edited:
Yeah i know, they deserve the same rights as us, there is not enough justice for animals who have been mistreated in any way.

Your right, people who mistreat animals should be prosecuted in the same way they would be if the mistreatment was to another Human being.

It's as basic as this... Because an Animal cannot verbally tell us how they feel, we disreguard their feelings & are ignorant to their pain...

If an Animals could talk back to us, i know for a fact that the majority of cruelty would not take place and they would be granted equal rights.

For example i really doubt a scientist would be able to carry out an experimentation on an ape if it was begging him to stop. Apes are very much similar to us in the way that they think and

do things... but obviusly as they can not cummunicate in our language it makes it ok to treat them as test subjects.

It's completely disturbing and wrong and the worst thing about it all is the fact that most of the experiments carried out are for things like cleaning detergents and products of that nature.

I think an Animal's life no matter how big or small is much more precious then a bottle of bleach or shampoo!!

I agree generally with what you are saying, animal testing on cosmetic is seriously out of order but what would you suggest Cancer Research for instance use instead of lab mice for testing new cancer cures? Not saying it's right just putting it out there...a fairly hard question I'm sure you with agree! :)

I don't know what the answer is...

I agree generally with what you are saying, animal testing on cosmetic is seriously out of order but what would you suggest Cancer Research for instance use instead of lab mice for testing new cancer cures? Not saying it's right just putting it out there...a fairly hard question I'm sure you with agree! :)

I don't know what the answer is...

I know what your saying & where your coming from but why not test on someone willing? there are people in the world who are willing to die for what they believe, maybe some of those people should come forward and offer themselves to be tested. It's not gonna happen tho, not while its alot easier, inexpensive and 'Morally Exceptable' to test on an innocent Ape.

These Apes have been snatched from their natural enviroment to spend the next 40 years confined to a cage & put through intensive & Vigorous testing on a daily basis, there is no freedom at all.

There has gotta be other ways to research these kinda things... surely they can come up with another way.

Back