Daily Quotes

Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are those who do! -author unknown-

..some worldly wisdoms:

Live is like a mirror, when you smile at it it smiles back at you :)

The scence of life is happiness.

Everybody wants to have a long life, but nobody wants to grow old. :hysterical:

Give everyday the chance to be the best of your live!

Some people deal with the world, like we'd have a second one in our trunk.

Humanity has to put paid on war, otherwise war will put paid on humanity.

Luck is the only thing that divides when you share it.

You are not only responsible for the things you do but also for the things you don't do.

Money is like seawater - the more you drink the more you become thirsty.

Live is like a shadow - you can neither catch up with it nor run away from it.

You can't be a weak ass punk and be a fan of Michael Jackson. You have to be strong enough to stand up to shit from stupid people - Free2BMe

^I'm a weak-ass punk. 8D

With that said, have a quote:

“The bigger the lie, the more people will believe it.” ~Joseph Goebbels.

"There are four questions of value in life… What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.”

- Johnny Depp

I keep on dancing and then it is the eternal dance of creation. The Creator and creation merge into one wholeness of joy

~ Michael Jackson

The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread. -Mother Teresa

f1bak4.jpg

don't cry when it's over, smile 'cause it happend - Anne Frank

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else.” - Chuck Palahniuk.

Gilbert K. Chesterton

To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.

Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried.

It is the test of a good religion whether you can joke about it.

Let your religion be less of a theory and more of a love affair.

Coincidences are spiritual puns.

A puritan is a person who pours righteous indignation into the wrong things.

A stiff apology is a second insult... The injured party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt.

Cruelty is, perhaps, the worst kid of sin. Intellectual cruelty is certainly the worst kind of cruelty.

Man seems to be capable of great virtues but not of small virtues; capable of defying his torturer but not of keeping his temper.

I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.

What people call impartiality may simply mean indifference, and what people call partiality may simply mean mental activity.

Journalism largely consists of saying "Lord Jones is Dead" to people who never knew that Lord Jones was alive.

No man who worships education has got the best out of education... Without a gentle contempt for education no man's education is complete.

White... is not a mere absence of colour; it is a shining and affirmative thing, as fierce as red, as definite as black... God paints in many colours; but He never paints so gorgeously, I had almost said so gaudily, as when He paints in white.

The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.

John F. Kennedy

A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.

Communism has never come to power in a country that was not disrupted by war or corruption, or both.

Mothers all want their sons to grow up to be president, but they don't want them to become politicians in the process.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.

Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.

No one has been barred on account of his race from fighting or dying for America, there are no white or colored signs on the foxholes or graveyards of battle.

Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

C. S. Lewis

Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.

Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point.

Humans are amphibians - half spirit and half animal. As spirits they belong to the eternal world, but as animals they inhabit time.

Part of every misery is, so to speak, the misery's shadow or reflection: the fact that you don't merely suffer but have to keep on thinking about the fact that you suffer. I not only live each endless day in grief, but live each day thinking about living each day in grief.

Thirty was so strange for me. I've really had to come to terms with the fact that I am now a walking and talking adult.

Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.

There is, hidden or flaunted, a sword between the sexes till an entire marriage reconciles them.

A man who is eating or lying with his wife or preparing to go to sleep in humility, thankfulness and temperance, is, by Christian standards, in an infinitely higher state than one who is listening to Bach or reading Plato in a state of pride.

This is one of the miracles of love: It gives a power of seeing through its own enchantments and yet not being disenchanted.

Don't use words too big for the subject. Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite.

One which i've always loved, but can't remember to whom it is attributed, my humble pardon for my ever so deep ignorance - people use complicated words to say simple things when they should be using simple words to say complicated things.

And my personal favorite of all time.......hello dear, but the author is unknown to most of you here.

P.S. Awesome thread btw.

I really don't like to have consecutive posts in the same thread, but i gotta keep this separate because my little scribblings don't belong in the company of such greats as the ones above, but i still believe this is the proper thread for it.

Yesterday was a mighty interestin' day cause creative juices were flowin' all over my kitchen where i was tryin' to get what little bit of heat i could from the stove (no power) and write all kinda stuff. I guess i was doin' my lil' Jackie Collins impression whom i understand still writes all of her stuff by hand and has someone do the transcribing. I love to write in both formats actually and i do feel there is a marvellous added value of authenticity to hand written things, but when we are dealing with my stuff, which is usually made of incessant ramblings, the computer is the fastest tool to reach up with my brain and my fingers lol.

I don't know who said that engagement is poetry, while marriage is prose. I've always been more into prose, but i've started to write some lousy little poems last year. The funniest thing of all is that my prose, however meagre in its quality, i can write it in about three languages, but poetry it seems i'm only capable of doin' it in English. I know, i'm a self-absorbed lil' b...east. Here is one of the two poems i wrote yesterday. I've written plenty other things, but i gotta transcribe before i can post 'em. Their time will come, shortly :) In the meantime, here goes nothin'

Adventures in......ShhaaabyLand

Where many things can happen,
Where many otherS don't,
Cause certain people won't.
Whatever is in store,
Don't try 2 keep the score.
Just let go and have fun,
There's something here for every1.
All those who enter
Be well advised,
Conformity and prejudice
Around here, they're called vice.
You'd be much better off
If you left them at the door
Cause otherwise, you'll meet the floor.
Before you enter through that gate
Make sure u're ready 4 your fate
It can get crazy,
It can be nice,
Round here u even might encounter mice
But no matter where you throw the dice
The games continue day and night.
And though at times you'll get some fr(e)ight,
The bumpy ride is well worth the sight
Of LOVE...restored in all its might.

(c) Shabby Shabs 2012 :p

Neverland
might've ve been magical, but ShhaaabyLand iz the ish cause it got the spice that goes along with all the nice :cheeky:

Last edited:
I just heard it today.

"Naruto-kun ! I always tried to follow you, to catch up to you ... but once this war is over. I won't try to catch up to you anymore.
Next time I'll be right next to you, holding your hand, walking with you. Wait for me."

-Hinata Hyuga (Naruto- Ch. 573)

I had a strong feeling NaruHina will be an official couple when the war is over. So close and if it happens I'll be 9000x HAPPY!!!!

Last edited:
You are twice as likely to be killed by the person you love than by a stranger.

If a person talks to God, he's religious. If God talks to him, he's psychotic.

Both by Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House in 'House M.D.'

Last edited:
"My car is limping, Dolores Haze,
And the last long lap is the hardest,
And I shall be dumped where the weed decays,
And the rest is rust and stardust." ~Humbert Humbert, Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov.

Change your thoughts, change your life. - Dr. Wayne Dyer

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. ~ Galileo

"Human beings are perhaps never more frightening than when they are convinced beyond doubt that they are right." - Laurens van der Post

Back