Dancing with the stars Plans MJ Tribute!! [ AIRS TONIGHT.. 20/10/09 ]

Wow, that was over fast but the anticipation and buildup excruciating...heh. I would have added several more minutes to the routine myself and have Nora Jones perform one song instead of two. Still, that was a nice tribute to Michael. The Thriller portion was awesome.

I hated seeing the 1958-2009 afterwards though. Sadness all over again.

The dancers did a great job pay tribute to MJ. I couldn't control my crying.

Yes, I sure did see when Marie fainted when she was competing. Riveting television. Donny's good but of course he is. He's a natural. I like all those you mentioned too. Mya's a very good dancer.

I love love love Donny Osmond! Did you see when Marie was on last seasn??
I really like: Mya, Aaron, Melissa & Kelly O is doing really good too!!!:D:punk:

For those who haven't been able to watch yet, the professional dancers do the tribute - not the stars. These are pros so they do an excellent job.

Also, throughout the show they played clips of past dances from prior seasons (by the pros and stars as they competed) that were performed to MJ's music (sung by their live band, as usual) along with video comments by the pro's.

It was so small tribute.. for the BIG michael jackson tribute they claimed..

I hear ya! The MTV tribute was small too in comparison to the huge HYPE over the whole thing. But at least they paid their respects...

It was so small tribute.. for the BIG michael jackson tribute they claimed..

I hear ya! The MTV tribute was small too in comparison to the huge HYPE over the whole thing. But at least they paid their respects...

I agree it was small, and I agree even more that the MTV one was small..

But at least with DWTS they showed their respect in the previous years (recent) with doing routines on MJ songs. When MTV..... waited after June 25th...

I thought it was a wonderful tribute. I watch this show regularly and it is very, very rare for all 16 dancers to do a pro dance together. I loved how some of the pro dancers spoke of their memories and feelings about Michael. I loved how Karina Smirnoff said that we didn't just lose the King of Pop, we lost the King of dance and choreography to us.

Cheryl Burke said that this is the longest and biggest pro dance that they have ever choreographed on the show. It's about 4 to 5 min long. Pro dances usually last about two to three min.

DWTS has always given Michael respect. They've used a lot of his songs and the performances to his songs are some of the most memorable--> have also led to championships in the case of Shawn Johnson. I'm not surprised at all that Michael would enjoy watching this show.

I like how diverse the songs they chose--> I want you back, MITM, Thriller.

I hope Mrs. Jackson had a fun time out tonight!

Oh yah, I could have actually gone without LaToya introducing the dance number. Sometimes I think she just tries a little bit too hard.

I was thinking about Michael being on DWTS and I was wondering if he would ever have put in some improv without even knowing or because he felt his moves were better? lol I could see him doing a crotch grab just because the music led him to it

The dancers did a great job pay tribute to MJ. I couldn't control my crying.

ditto...I just cry at random things now.
I thought they did a really good job but the hype of doing the tribute was far bigger and that's really annoying since it an obvious ploy for ratings

I thought it was a nice tribute. I expected it to be something bigger but at least they had a tribute!!

It was nice to see Katherine again. I wish I could give her a hug :(

I thought it was a nice tribute. I expected it to be something bigger but at least they had a tribute!!

It was nice to see Katherine again. I wish I could give her a hug :(

I thought it was okay. Honestly, they have done better performances to MJ's songs. One that stands out in my mind is from season 3 when Maksim's students from his dance school did a terrific Cha Cha Cha to "Billie Jean." But as you said, it is great that they did a tribute. I am happy to see any positive press.

I lost it as soon as LaToya started talking lol but MORE when I saw Katharine, God bless her soul.

BTW LaToya said MJ liked 'Dancing' I can believe that he did. Too bad he never made a special audience guest appearance.

i saw the show and loved it! good to see mama jackson havin fun =)

I thought it was a wonderful tribute. I watch this show regularly and it is very, very rare for all 16 dancers to do a pro dance together. I loved how some of the pro dancers spoke of their memories and feelings about Michael. I loved how Karina Smirnoff said that we didn't just lose the King of Pop, we lost the King of dance and choreography to us.

Cheryl Burke said that this is the longest and biggest pro dance that they have ever choreographed on the show. It's about 4 to 5 min long. Pro dances usually last about two to three min.

DWTS has always given Michael respect. They've used a lot of his songs and the performances to his songs are some of the most memorable--> have also led to championships in the case of Shawn Johnson. I'm not surprised at all that Michael would enjoy watching this show.

I like how diverse the songs they chose--> I want you back, MITM, Thriller.

I hope Mrs. Jackson had a fun time out tonight!

Oh yah, I could have actually gone without LaToya introducing the dance number. Sometimes I think she just tries a little bit too hard.

I agree. Still no one can touch the Pop Kings dancing skills tho but the effort was appreciated. And big up Darryl he sounded good.

hs9eso.jpg

Back