Did Michael miss rehersals?

Vici

Proud Member
...Did he and why? Not feeling okay? I guess its "acceptable" to miss a few rehersals but did he miss many? Anyone who knows?
I have to add that there were even days when he rehearsed for many hours.

Well.. now Im hearing more stuff about Michael missing rehersals. Some fans have spoken about this and recently did user Paisley777 who wrote this
...But predominantly he was troubled and it was OBVIOUS especially in the last couple months that he was INCREDIBLEY SKINNY to the point of needing someone to intervene. He was also missing rehearsals and there were too many times he was not feeling well.
in this thread http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73990&page=17

Cris123 wrote this in this thread http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2135323#post2135323
My guess is Michael was not on the stage dancing a lot during rehearsals. There were days he went and never took the stage. I think the most "stage" time is in the last two days at Staples :(

And someone else.. (cant remember who) posted on this board that there were even days when Kenny Ortega tweeted about how amazing the rehersals had been but Michael hadnt left the house for the day.

Whats yout thought/knowledge about this..?

Last edited:
I also watch on tv and they said that Kenny had to cut up his chicken so Michael could eat it

I also watch on tv and they said that Kenny had to cut up his chicken so Michael could eat it

Is this on TV already? Where? Do you have a link? This is from Sun who took things from Karen's. Tabloid people are lurking everywhere and copy paste the most shocking bits they find.

Is this on TV already? Where? Do you have a link? This is from Sun who took things from Karen's. Tabloid people are lurking everywhere and copy paste the most shocking bits they find.

I think that was printed in the Rolling Stone article.

I heard it way before Karen talked about it on her facebook.

I doubt it was because he was weak. it was probably because he wasn't interested in eating. MJ was never a big eater and when he was doing stuff or otherwise excited/engaged, he'd forget to eat.

If he missed rehersals and was too weak months before, then what will we see in the TII movie? I dont believe it. It could just be media/tabloids..'Not because you read it in a magazine or see it on the TV screen means it is FACTUAL'

Last edited:
If he missed rehersals and was too weak months before, then what will we see in the TII movie? I dont believe it. It could just be media/tabloids..'Not because you read it in a magazine or see it on the TV screen means it is FACTUAL'

I have NO idea what we'll see in the TII movie. A hologram? So far, we've seen TWO minutes of the same imagery, over and over.

And someone else.. (cant remember who) posted on this board that there were even days when Kenny Ortega tweeted about how amazing the rehersals had been but Michael hadnt left the house for the day.

Whats yout thought/knowledge about this..?

I have to say something about this. I checked Kenny Ortega's tweets EVERY SINGLE DAY and not once did he say Michael hadn't left the house for the day.

Randy Phillips said that Michael was coming to rehearsals every single day and Kenny was beside him and didn't say otherwise....but I would assume Michael would HAVE to come to rehearsals every single day since he was the main dancer and singer, co directing, dealing with the lighting, costumes, stage....EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of the show.

Unless he had to take care of some business, like meetings and such.

She says that he wassnt being honest there. he stated the rehearsals were awesome while everyone knew mike wassnt there...

I believe the fans. At the end of the day, Kenny was hardly going to say 'Michael didn't turn up for rehearsals today' was he?

Was he good as he used to be?
Are we going to see the same magic on stage?
That are the questions that scare me... maybe... after all the waiting for this rehearsals...
we are going to be shocked because I really think that he wasn't at top during the rehearsals.
When i watched the They Don't Care About Us rehearsals for first time i said to my mother:
I can't understand why are they airing it in slow motion... i didn't hear the sound.I hope we can see Michael better than the TDCAS video.
If we see what i'm scared to see...

he died , he passed away and some of you are scared that you might get shocked by the documentary because you believe he was not at top during rehearsals . thank you for your sensitivity .

well said Ocean girl.....
i touhgt he looked great in the 2 min rehearsal footage. and to be honest Michael knew all the songs and moves so he never needed to rehearse as much as the dancers.
MJJTATTOOS007-1-1.jpg

Was he good as he used to be?
Are we going to see the same magic on stage?
That are the questions that scare me... maybe... after all the waiting for this rehearsals...
we are going to be shocked because I really think that he wasn't at top during the rehearsals.
When i watched the They Don't Care About Us rehearsals for first time i said to my mother:
I can't understand why are they airing it in slow motion... i didn't hear the sound.I hope we can see Michael better than the TDCAS video.
If we see what i'm scared to see...

If you ask me it was supposed to be that slow if you look at the same dance years ago....

I have to agree about the thing that they have 100 hours of rehearsal time on tape and I don't think that's only the background dancers on it.

^ AGREE

That was the idea of that piece of choregography!

I thought MJ looked great in that snippit of rehearsal footage. I would expect even if MJ was in perfect health and fitness that he would not take the stage every day. It just wouldn't be necessary. A lot of what I think we will see in TII is his creative side. Discussions with various players in the tour on how it should all come together. Not so much the actual dancing and singing itself.

It is possible that the footage we are seeing may have been only one of a few times he did take the stage himself to run through the whole show.

regarding TII, with excellent cutting, digital effects etc I am sure they will do their best to make him look as good as possible.

well said Ocean girl.....
i touhgt he looked great in the 2 min rehearsal footage. and to be honest Michael knew all the songs and moves so he never needed to rehearse as much as the dancers.
MJJTATTOOS007-1-1.jpg

I thought he looked great too and although it may have been slower, although it looks ok to me, he was marking it, if you look at rehearsal clips from 20 years ago they were slower than when he was in full performance because no professional entertainer wastes energy by dancing full pelt in rehearsal.

There's no way Sony or anybody would release something as massive as THIS IS IT to millions of people unless it was quality and impressive, whats the point in releasing footage that makes him look below match fitness?

There's no way Sony or anybody would release something as massive as THIS IS IT to millions of people unless it was quality and impressive, whats the point in releasing footage that makes him look below match fitness?

Depends on how much rehearsal footage is in this doc... or will it be a lot of people talking and old footage mixed in...

Also I remember(as it really annoyed me) since he died Randy had called Michael lazy for not doing all rehearsals...

From Jacques Paretti's documentary, we know from Johnny Caswell that Michael was due to start rehearsing at Centerstaging on 7th March, but he didn't turn up. Jacques asked Johnny why Michael didn't turn up, and Johnny said he didn't know.
I found this slightly amusing because, well, Michael was in London announcing the O2 concerts on 5th March! Why didn't they twig this?
Anyway, Jacques said in his commentary that Michael started turning up at rehearsals as the shows were getting closer, but he did not say who told him this, so we can't verify it. We do know from Timor Jeffens (one of the dancers) that after the dancers were hired (April 15th) they rehearsed with a choreographer, without Michael, but he didn't say how long this was for. I remember reading that the dancers met Michael for the first time on 6th May, but I could be wrong.
Do any MJJC member have pics of Michael arriving/leaving rehearsal between 6th May and 24th June?

and people think he could do this tour when someone had to cut up his fucking chicken omg!

oh come on captin drama! this is michael being michael he would always do random things like that eg the kfc incident when he used to peel of the skin to make it organic

:lol: he was so funny! :p

so cute. :love:

oh, and they weren't cutting up his chicken 'cos he couldn't. it was because he was not paying attention to the food... his mind was on other things.

What's the point of coming every single day when he knew all the moves
n when a songs not choreographed he's just gonna freestyle it anyway

Back