Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

Lets dissect more songs, shall we?

How about "You are Not ALone"

"You Are Not Alone"

Another day has gone
I'm still all alone
How could this be
You're not here with me
You never said goodbye
Someone tell me why
Did you have to go
And leave my world so cold

Everyday I sit and ask myself
How did love slip away
Something whispers in my ear and says
That you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay

But you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though we're far apart
You're always in my heart
But you are not alone

'Lone, 'lone
Why, 'lone

Just the other night
I thought I heard you cry
Asking me to come
And hold you in my arms
I can hear your prayers
Your burdens I will bear
But first I need your hand
Then forever can begin

How did love slip away
That you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay

For you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though we're far apart
For you are not alone

Whisper three words and I'll come runnin'
And girl you know that I'll be there
I'll be there

You are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay
For you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though we're far apart

For you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay

For you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though we're far apart

For you are not alone...

What attracted Michael to this song? I know he didn't write it....R. Kelly did. But it is a beautiful song isn't it? Maybe he was singing this to his mysterious lady love? That he was trying to tell her to hang in there, that she's not alone, that he never forgot her? She needed him to be around, but he couldn't - so he sang this song to show her how much he cared for her? "
For you are not alone For I am here with you Though we're far apart You're always in my heart" - what a beautiful way to tell someone that they matter to him and that they will never be truly alone?

why in the dark and not in the light? :unsure: LOL!
LOL! That reminds me of the song from 1984, Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming where Jermaine sings, "the light took me by surprise, light coming from your eyes" don't ask me why lol

Mimik your poems are inspiring a few rhymes of my own

so here's one... ya'll don't laugh u know how inspiration can be...just randomly came up in response to this lol

love is patient, love is kind,

love will be there for all time.

always the chase,

but never the right place,

if all goes right

can it happen tonight?

will she listen?

will she stay?

or will she run?

why does she play?

and it's been so long, too,

when will i hear the i do?

If the true one has said to this fortunate girl,

"There's a feeling I've got for you not of this world"

Seeing his face, hearing him with her ears,

How could she, why should she, run full of fears

Love would make her patiently wait for a chance

To find out for sure if Love's seeking to dance

And too I'd imagine that since love is kind,

He'd consider her carefully deep in his mind

As he spins his great plan to convene the two,

That their overdue meeting might lead to 'I do'

Of course she would welcome before its too late

The only one for whom she would patiently wait

.. you got that out of You Are Not Alone :scratch:

what lady where? I am so confused? what lady are yall talkin about?
The Invisible Woman! She's staring you right in the face! Pay attention! :lol: She really needs to do something with her hair my gootness!!

LOL! That reminds me of the song from 1984, Tell Me I'm Not Dreaming where Jermaine sings, "the light took me by surprise, light coming from your eyes" don't ask me why lol

Mimik your poems are inspiring a few rhymes of my own

so here's one... ya'll don't laugh u know how inspiration can be...just randomly came up in response to this lol

The Invisible Woman! She's staring you right in the face! Pay attention! :lol: She really needs to do something with her hair my gootness!!

very nice, stateofshock. :)

Ooooooooooo SOS, you gotta write more. I like it!

aw shucks...thanks Ape...blame it on the muse....she visits me only occasionally :lol:

"You Are Not Alone"

Another day has gone
I'm still all alone
How could this be
You're not here with me
You never said goodbye
Someone tell me why
Did you have to go

How did love slip away
That you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay

But you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though we're far apart
But you are not alone

'Lone, 'lone
Why, 'lone

Just the other night
Asking me to come
And hold you in my arms
I can hear your prayers
Your burdens I will bear
Then forever can begin

How did love slip away
That you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay

For you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though we're far apart
For you are not alone

I'll be there

You are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay
For you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though we're far apart

For you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay

For you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though we're far apart

For you are not alone...

What attracted Michael to this song? I know he didn't write it....R. Kelly did. But it is a beautiful song isn't it? Maybe he was singing this to his mysterious lady love? That he was trying to tell her to hang in there, that she's not alone, that he never forgot her? She needed him to be around, but he couldn't - so he sang this song to show her how much he cared for her? "
For you are not alone For I am here with you Though we're far apart You're always in my heart" - what a beautiful way to tell someone that they matter to him and that they will never be truly alone?

:angel:Maybe Mr.Jackson's sweetheart is the one that originally told him she felt all alone in the world...he told her not to worry...Keep The Faith, Trust in God...he will not forget about her...even though they are far apart she/they will never feel alone again..!

:cheers:

MIMIK is a white owl. MIMIK is nocturnal! MIMIK stays in during the day. At night MIMIK plays!

:yes:

"You Are Not Alone"

Another day has gone
I'm still all alone
How could this be
You're not here with me
You never said goodbye
Someone tell me why
Did you have to go

How did love slip away
That you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay

But you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though we're far apart
But you are not alone

'Lone, 'lone
Why, 'lone

Just the other night
Asking me to come
And hold you in my arms
I can hear your prayers
Your burdens I will bear
Then forever can begin

How did love slip away
That you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay

For you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though we're far apart
For you are not alone

I'll be there

You are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay
For you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though we're far apart

For you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away
I am here to stay

For you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though we're far apart

For you are not alone...

Bingo!!! You got it Linda! Your interpretation is almost identical with mine. Excellent work.

StateofShock I loved your poem. You are a truly talented writer. If you don't do that for a living, you should consider it, really!! Awesome.

What the...how can ya'll post so many pages about absolutely nothing so quickly :blink: :blink: Ya'll trippin :lol: at least you're back on topic - play nice.

:angel:Maybe Mr.Jackson's sweetheart is the one that originally told him she felt all alone in the world...he told her not to worry...Keep The Faith, Trust in God...he will not forget about her...even though they are far apart she/they will never feel alone again..!

:cheers:

I like your post. Also, Michael Strategically released this song during the time of his 1st marriage for his own purpose. He knew what he was doing, he was clever with this and kind of bold and cold to be honest (but romantic all at same time, depending on which recieving end you(the woman-this time there are 2), would fall on.
Allow a sista to break it down, LoL ( i think we touched on this before but),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Michael is singing about one woman while he is married to another. "You are not alone" is his promise to the woman of whom holds his heart, the one who had remained far out of his reach for a time, The one he longs for but can not touch- but can feel.
The ode to his lady love with this song during his marriage indicates his guilty feelings for what he had done. It also is an indicator were his devotion was not. His spiritual connection remained with the woman who was out of reach to him, not the one right in his path.

What the...how can ya'll post so many pages about absolutely nothing so quickly :blink: :blink: Ya'll trippin :lol: at least you're back on topic - play nice.
^ we'll be good Mama ...we pwomise...I will anyway :lol:

time flies when we're having fun with the music :yes:

StateofShock I loved your poem. You are a truly talented writer. If you don't do that for a living, you should consider it, really!! Awesome.
Thanks moddie, for the nice compliment. :)

I like your post. Also, Michael Strategically released this song during the time of his 1st marriage for his own purpose. He knew what he was doing, he was clever with this and kind of bold and cold to be honest (but romantic all at same time, depending on which recieving end you(the woman-this time there are 2), would fall on.
Allow a sista to break it down, LoL ( i think we touched on this before but),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Michael is singing about one woman while he is married to another. "You are not alone" is his promise to the woman of whom holds his heart, the one who had remained far out of his reach for a time, The one he longs for but can not touch- but can feel.
The ode to his lady love with this song during his marriage indicates his guilty feelings for what he had done. It also is an indicator were his devotion was not. His spiritual connection remained with the woman who was out of reach to him, not the one right in his path.
moddie, that seems that lines up with the oasis scene etc. that Itsjustmenothim was talking about ... hm who ever would've thought

Okay I just realized this while watching a whole other song video clip but you have to watch the song clip cause they edited it realy well. I just noticed in you are not alone that michael has an oasis scene that he is in and hes looking around like hes trying to figure stuff out and then the oasis turns into this desert like a waste land and then there he is with lisa presly and it looks like hes with her in the dry desert.

before that part their was a shot where they both turned there heads to the camera at the same time and hes lookin like he got caught with some chick and she looks like whes wondering whos the other woman.

How did i do?

O here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDqO4nxk3xI&feature=related

night ladies if thers any replies ill read them later
very observant

We just wanted to give you something to do to keep you out of trouble. ;)

Moddie.. yikes.. could it have been to Lisa Marie for when he is away from her? I don't know how I'd feel if I put myself in either of their shoes (Lisa or the other woman, if there was one in his heart who wasn't her) during that time if it wasn't for Lisa, his wife. Who knows though. It is funny she hasn't been brought up in this thread, though we have never speculated on who this mystery woman is so I guess that makyukon rear end differencialses sense.

I had a bad day, I am not even about to try to fix that mess of words I wrote...lol. Between truck breaking down in the middle of the road with no cell phone and all the kids, and nobody stopping to help, and feeling totally helpless, and pricks honking the horn at me like I intended to break down in their way just to pee them off, and leaving a huge puddle of black oil, and my son with his painful toothache too late to bring him in, and on and on and on... yeah.. today wasn't a great day for me.

awwww :wub:

Hahahaha!! What the heck happened there?? gees. I am leaving it in just because it's funny. What a silly computer I have inserting words I wrote elsewhere at a different time into my writing. It's weird.

Yes that seems to make sense SOS. Still not sure what to make of the possibility of him singing about another while being married to someone else. Bringing his marriage into it makes it feel so personal and private and real instead of just theories and harmless speculation. Often times this thread feels less intrusive than the news thread to me, because it is closer to fantasy and not a known reality and is looking at the music.

Back